• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning (T) [OOC +SU)

What would you like more of in this Roleplay?

• Fighting. More fighting!

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Character interaction. Get to know each other more.

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Deeper storyline: more drama, more comedy, more romance.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Side stories. A few adventures away from the main plot.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • More flexible plot. Plot decided in part by the RPers.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • The Roleplay is fine as is.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
@Vegeta: Oh yeah, sorry, the two are so damn similar. (lol no offense) Congrats on your finals BTW.

I don't have much to post about. I miss posting really big posts that nobody has the time to read.

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
@deathbymanga ~ That would be an interesting fight between Levina and D-I :)

Hey everyone. I want to apologize to the Siggy request people. It will be a little longer. I told everyone I will be moving in July and my friends and family pretty much "jumped" me to spend time with them before I leave (even though I won't be moving for 4 months -.-') I will have some time to work on them this week. I pretty much have everything needed for them I just have to put them together now. XD

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
So, as I've sadly informed my other RP, I have to step away from PC for a while. It's looking like two weeks right now, but it can flex upwards considerably... Uhm, I would still love to be a part of this RP when I get back, i just don't want to leave you guys hanging.

I haven't had a chance to talk much with anybody about this. In fact, this is my way of telling everybody here. If somebody wouldn't mind watching over Genevieve for me, I'd really appreciate it. Garet or Supervegeta, I'd love for it to be one of you. I really feel like you guys get my character and know how to make her shine. Maybe you could tag team it? IDK. Anyway, I'm really sad right now and am so upset with all this work I have to do. Thanks a bunch guys. <3

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Claire- That's alright. Sorry to see you go, but hope all is well in your life. We'll do our best to honor your character in the meantime, and if you are able to come back, you're more than welcome to do so. Good luck!

@Garet- Alright man, thanks for letting us know.

Which reminds me, I'll be going on a trip of my own on Wednesday/Thursday. I think I should be back by Saturday night. I'll be sure to get a post up before then.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Seems we're all rather busy. Similarly to you lot, this week is going to be rather busy for me, but I'm sure I can squeeze in a few posts here and there. I have a day off today, so I think now would be the right time to make my second character.

Side: Silver Tribe
Name: Hydrulon "Hydra" Rex IV
Title: Devastator
Pokemon Species: Hydreigon

Appearance: Like all Hydreigonist royalty, Hydra's most defining feature is his metal head. As soon as a Hydreigonist prince evolves to his final form, it is tradition to cut off his right head and replace it with a machine version of it, in honor of the great Hydra the first, who lost his right head in battle and replaced it with a more primitive design of the automated head. The metal head comes fully equipped with a devastating Flamethrower attack, and the ability to Crunch along with the other two heads. Unlike a normal Hydreigon head, however, Hydra's metal head is connected to the main head's brain with a very powerful psychic link, allowing him to control it as if it was an arm. The head is made out of the steel from dead Steelix, and is powered by the electricity from a Thunderbolt attack. The metal head defines Hydra as a member of the Hydreigonist royal family, along with his name.

Other than the metal head, Hydra sports a rather unique coloration, unlike any seen on a Hydreigon since the times of Hydra the first. The fourth member of the royal family has a deep, dark green color where there should be dark blue, and his skin is as rough as that of a Sharpedo's. The scales that run down his body and tail are a menacing dark purple instead of the normal fuchsia color, as are the tufts upon his two biological heads. Hydra's six, thin wings are bigger than that of the average Hydreigon, and more powerful, allowing Hydra to fly very fast. His red pupils shine with hatred for anything that would dare to threaten the rule of the Hydreigonists.

Personality: Any compassion or kindness that may have once existed within Hydra IV was beaten out of him long ago. Hydra is a prideful Pokemon, he treasures the honor of the Hydreigonist royal family above anything else, and will kill anyone who dares to dishonor them. He is hate-filled, and most of his hate, like that of other Hydreigonists, is aimed at the Gold Tribe, for destroying Hydra the first over a hundred years ago. The Gold Tribe is the sworn enemy of the Hydreigonist cult, even though they themselves were not fully aware of it. Hydra is brutal, very brutal. While he has learned the ways of the deceitful, his main instincts have always been those of brute force. Hydra trains himself every day, in his quest to become strong enough to destroy what is left of the Gold Tribe.

Hydra's brute strength goes hand in hand with his deceitful and cruel nature. While he does prefer not to display his cruelty until the time of need, when he does, it is beyond evil. Hydra, through years and years of training and studying, has learned how to manipulate the emotions of other Pokemon to such an extent that he could even get them to commit suicide. This skill has been branded as an art in the cult of the Hydreigonists, and the technical term that they use for it is 'Heartbending.' Hydra, like all members of the royal family, must learn to master the art of Heartbending completely and entirely. Heartbending can be used for both positive and negative purposes, although Hydra must keep in mind that some have a tougher emotional resistance than others. Therefore, for the more difficult people to Heartbend, Hydra discovers what is most dear to the Pokemon, finds their most primal beliefs and desires, and then uses this against them. The art of Heartbending is such a subtle form of cruelty that most would not recognize it until it is too late, and it is Hydra's favorite method of operation.

History: Hydra was born as the prince and heir to the throne of the Hydreigonist cult, a semi-secret organization based in far off uninhabited mountain region. The Hydreigonist cult was first founded by Hydrulon Rex the first, or Hydra over a hundred years ago after he was defeated by the Gold Tribe. Over the years, the Hydreigonists managed to slip their way into the various governments of the cities in Valkaria, and gained influence over a great number of cities. Think of them as a sort of mafia, if you will. Their deceitful and cunning nature led them to be one of the most infamous criminal organizations in the history of Valkaria, and they were never truly apprehended because they were based outside of Valkaria itself, where the Pokemon of the land never typically ventured.

The Hydreigonist royal family were always direct descendants of the great Hydra I himself, and were always Hydreigon themselves, even though most of their minions were not. This fact caused Hydreigon all over Valkaria to become suspicious, and sometimes even arrested and condemned by the Gold Tribe. As a result, the species fled to the more remote areas of Valkaria, where they were left in peace and formed colonies. On several occasions, the royal family would attempt to recruit some of these Hydreigon into the cult, and most of the Hydreigonist kings would find a mate here. That was how Hydra IV came into being. His father, Hydra III, found his soul mate in one of these colonies. Hydra's mother was a female of both passion and hatred, so naturally, the two attracted like Magnemite. Hydra's parents saw the little Deino's odd coloration as a sign that he was to be special, and even better than any other king before him. All his childhood, teenage, and some of his adult life, Hydra IV was trained to become an elite killer, and was taught techniques combining both ancient Hydreigonist fighting skills and methods adopted from the Hydreigonists' most hated enemy: the Gold Tribe.

The Hydreigonists had hated the Gold Tribe since the dawn of their existence, and, with their sly methods and manipulative methods of control, planned to bring down the Gold Tribe as best they could. They'd been biding their time for over a hundred years, but no longer. Hydra IV, expected to be king after Hydra III died, was trained to battle just like his enemy, to think like his enemy, in order to defeat them. He was also taught the art of Heartbending, which he would later use to destroy the lives of many. Blood lust compelled Hydra IV to take part in many battles against the Gold Tribe, wherever they might pop up. He would always take the side of the opposition, and kill as many of the tribe as he could. On most occasions, he would mostly stay for the first hour of the fight, and then disappear, as if into thin air. Due to his appearance at almost every battle involving the Gold Tribe, he became somewhat of an urban legend among them. Nobody knew his true intentions or his origin, and some of the more superstitious types claimed that he was a ghost of some kind, due to his odd coloration.

Then came the war. The appearance of the Silver Tribe and the Ancients was very convenient for the Hydreigonist cult, since it was the perfect opportunity for domination. The attack on Valkaria may have come as a surprise, but it was premeditated. Prior to the invasion, Hydra III made a deal with Auron, leader of the Silver Tribe, made a deal: in return for partial rule over the cities which they already held, untold riches, and the eradication of the Gold Tribe, the Hydreigonists would use their influential prowess to allow easier domination of the cities which they already held. The Hydreigonist units in the government of cities such as Shine and Gravel City were mobilized, and did everything they could to ensure defenses would be at their lowest when the attack struck.

The deal was a success, and the invasion began. The battle for domination was long and arduous, but eventually, the Silver Tribe won and all but destroyed the Gold Tribe, at the request of the Hydreigonists. After the initial conquering, the Hydreigonists stayed low for two years and let everything settle before they showed themselves once more. Auron, however, demanded further confirmation that the Hydreigonists were on the side of the Silver Tribe, since the Gold Tribe had resurfaced and already overtaken several cities which the Hydreigonists were supposed to partially control. As a result, Hydra IV, the cult's best operative, was sent to work for Auron, and was made a Sentinel. Seeing it as a new opportunity to bash some Gold Tribe skulls, Hydra quickly accepted the mission, and began his plans to destroy his oldest enemies once and for all.

Moveset: Crunch, Outrage, Flamethrower, Fly, DragonBreath, Draco Meteor

Looks like Hydra IV is just in time for the battle of Cape. I've decided to make him unique from other Sentinels, since I do love to be a minority.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@Xilfer123- Second character is accepted.

Also, as a reminder to everyone, I'll be going on a trip tonight, and I'll be back around Saturday or Sunday. However, I should have internet access during the night, so I might be able to post, or at least stay informed. Happy posting!

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Awesome then. I've already posted his intro.

Now, I feel the need to bring this up. For anyone who's too lazy to read my SU, the Hydreigonists, who I've mentioned in my previous post, are basically the Pokemon version of the mafia. They're a criminal organization founded by Hydrulon "Hydra" Rex in the time of the first Odyssey, after he was defeated by the Gold Tribe. The Hydreigonists, before the war, had infiltrated the governments of various cities around Valkaria, and used their influence to bend many things to their will without anybody knowing. Back then, they were pretty much the biggest threat to the existence of the Gold Tribe, even though the tribe themselves were only half-aware of their existence. The Hydreigonists plotted to bring down the Gold Tribe once and for all, from within their own homes.

Then, Auron and the Silver Tribe came. The Hydreigonists joined forces with the Silver Tribe, because their leader saw a new opportunity for domination. Thanks to the Hydreigonists' influence over various cities in Valkaria, the invasion became all the more easy for the Ancients. The Pokemon mafia was given endless riches in return for their aid, as well as control over certain areas around Valkaria. (Still abiding by the rules of Auron, of course)

Now, since they're allied with the Silver Tribe, all the Sentinels should be familiar with the Hydreigonists and my character's position as their prince. On the other hand, the Hydreigonists are somewhat of a rumor that was spread among the members of the Gold Tribe in the olden days, so most members of the GT should not even know who they are or maybe have some faint recollection of hearing of them at some point.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Returned, I have!

@Claire - Sad to see you leave for awhile, but good luck! SV and I will keep Genevieve alive in the meantime.

@Xilfer - My guess is that the older Gold Tribe members would be more likely to have heard anything at all of the Hydreigonists than the younger ones, yes? Based simply on relative age.

Last edited:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Actually, the age shouldn't really make a difference, since the Gold Tribe was only aware of its existence just a few years before the start of the war. Therefore, anybody who was in the Gold Tribe at that time would have heard of them at some point, though wouldn't really know exactly what they were.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
ok... I was just thinking that Accatosh might mention something about the group... but the knowledge he would have would be really basic knowledge.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Even basic knowledge would be limited, since the Gold Tribe didn't have much time to find out a lot about them before the Silver Tribe struck. However, if you want to, feel free. I'm planning to make the Hydreigonists have a more prominent role towards the end of the RP. FORESHADOWING!

Nomsammich

The Cleric!
Years
Omg, I'm so sorry I disappeared, apparently the site stopped sending me emails so I didn't know if you updated or not and I couldn't cgheck because of personal issue with school. AHH I must read all night for the sake of my position!

AppleMan

Master Drawer
Years
Side: Gold Tribe Name: Toriaka Humane Yurimoto Gender: Male

Title: "Rise To The Occasion" Pokemon Species: Chimchar/Monferno

Appearance: Toriaka Humane Yurimoto Is A Extremly Small Chimchar He Is Defenitely The Runt Of The Pack. He Could Be Identified By His Size Or A Symbolic Wristband That His Father Gave Him The last Day Toriaka Seen His Father The Day Juriama Humane Yurimoto Went To War With The Silver Tribe. And Also Toriaka Is Also Special By The fact That He Had Red Fur Instead Of Orange Fur Like The Rest Of The Chimchars.

Personality: Toriaka has Always Been Rash In Decisions Not Thinking And Many Times It Got Him Into Trouble At The Academy. But He Was Also Very Friendly Protecting His Friends No Matter What Because That Was The Way He Was Raised By His Parents.

History: The History Of Toriaka Humane Yurimoto Isn't A Very Good One His Parents Were Poor As He Was Growing Up Because Of The War That Was Raging On From The Silver Tribe Fighting His Tribe The Gold Tribe. His Dad Juriama Humane Yurimoto Was A Soldier Ranked 2nd Precinct In The Ongoing War Of Valkaria. He was Bullied As A Kid For Being Small And Being Different From The Rest By Not Having The Same Color Fur. He Was Bullied By A Teenager Monferno Who Goes By The Name August Menstro Riarendo By August Repeatedly Punching Toriaka In The Stomach And Head Making Him Bleed, But Toriaka Never Fought Back Because His Dad Told Him Never Fight Fight A Fellow Member Of The Gold Tribe No Matter How Much You Want To And How Much They Deserve It. They Are Our Brothers And Sisters You Wouldn't Want To Hurt Your Siblings Would You? Toriaka Promised His Dad he Would Never Get In A Fight With A Member Of The Gold Tribe He Wanted To Knock August Out But He Loved His Dad More Then Anything So He Kept His Word.

As He Got Older He Made Lots Of Friends However None Of Them Were Chimchars Or Monfernos Or Anyone One Of That Evoulution Line The Only Person Who Loved Him Was Him Mom And His Dad Loved Him Until He Left And Was never Found Again. Toriaka Was Pondering About The World As His Soon To Be Childhood Friend Yelled at Him "What are you doing"! As A Mad Toriaka Did Was Jump Up And Growled At Him The Shadow Was Revealed To Be A Mankey Who Just Wanted To Play A Game. The Two Began To Get To Know Eachother,Train With Eachother,And Go To The Same School And Do Everything Together! Until One Day Mankeys Dad Yells At Him To Get Away From Toriaka Who The Dad Said Was A Monstrosity To Life. So There Sat A Sad And Lonely Chimchar In The Same Spot He Met Mankey Watching The Poliwag Jump Out Of The Water And The Occasional Tear Came Down His Eyes.

Rise To The Occasion: One Particular Foggy Day Toriaka Was Wondering About How Life Works And Why There Has To Be So Much Pain Involved? But It Was Cut Short Because The Sunflora Were Waking Up Which Means The Academy Is Gonna Start Soon Maybe In About 1:oo Hour. So Toriaka Went Through His Usual Morning Routine Groom To His Odd Fur, Comb His Flame, And Brush His Teeth. Say He Loves You To His Mom Beatrice And Leaves For The Academy And He Did The Same Today As he Does Everyday. Today At The Academy It Was Different Instead Of Training For The War They Were Calling Off The Names Of The Kids Who Are Talented In Their Skills To get Invited To Camp Elite A Camp Held In The Summer That Is In The Famous Gold City Where The Alpha Alliance Is Home To. They Were Saying The Names Of The People Who Are Required To Go And Of Course August Menstro Riarendo Got Invited He Is The Strongest Monferno Ever But As The Last Name Was Being Called "Toriaka Humane Yurimoto" "You Are The Final Person Who Is Going To Camp Elite". And Naturally I was Stoked I was Going To Camp Elite I Didn't Care That August Was Going, I Was Going To That Has To Mean My Training With Mankey Or Joey wasn't A Failure After All Even Though Joey Wasn't Going That Means I had To Outrank Him *Clutches Hand Where His Dads Wristband Is Staring At The Sky He Makes A Promise In His Head I Promise I Won't Let You Down*.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Iz okay, nom nom. No worries, we can wait for you to catch up.

Also, I switched one of Hydra's moves from Dragon Pulse to DragonBreath, just sayan.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Hey everyone I have three tests and a project due this week so ill get a post in by Friday once everything is cleared. Sorry for the delay.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hey everyone! I'm back from the trip and fully settled. We can get things going again soon, though I'm waiting on a few people to post so there may be a bit of delay. I'll see how I can work my way around it, though. Let's get to business.

@Xilfer123- That's fine since you didn't start using him fully yet, but try not to change from now on alright?

@AppleMan- Unfortunately, I've decided I'm no longer accepting new applicants into the RP at the moment, sorry. I'll notify you if this position changes.

@Greiger- No worries. Good luck!

I might try to make some sort of post tonight if I get the chance. If not, I'll do it sometime when I get a chance during the week, as uni starts up again this week.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Hm, it seems I've hit even more turbulence. Due to a rather harsh cold that I've gone and caught, coupled with some serious sleep deprivation (I was up watching horror fest all night) I probably won't be able to get on tomorrow, and if I do, I'll only be able to catch up, and I won't post. Just, you know, for anyone who cares.

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
I am alive!!!! *zombie moan*........

Just kidding! :P Lol I am back. Sorry I haven't been on. Was busy last week and then with Easter weekend I haven't had any time to log on. Sounds like a lot of people are busy also. :) I hope to get caught up ASAP! Sorry to make you all wait.

Siggies - I will work on them today and hopefully get at least one done if not all of them. :)

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Was originally going to post my post here, but lost it and too tired to try and write it again so I'll get it up tomorrow.

Back