• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: PC mascot and motto

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Ever since I joined PC roughly two years ago, I've been pondering what PC's mascot should be. There have been spells with Ditto and Inkay but I think the mascot that best fits PC is Eevee. Not because of Let's GO Eevee although I'm half tempted to make it a reason but because of the fact that Eevee can evolve several ways. This corresponds with the fact that PC is not just a place to discuss the Pokemon Anime but to do Trades, conduct Pokemon Battles/Tournaments, discuss the Pokemon TCG and so much more. Consider all those areas of interest to correspond with an Eevolution. Although there are more boards than there are Eevolutions, I'm pretty sure one or two more Eevolutions are in the pipeline for Generation 8(it's been GF's MO to release new ones every even Generation). What Eevolution we assign to each area/board I'd leave to PC Staff but Eevee itself should be dedicated for Meet&Greet as I see it since every new member is essentially a baby Eevee :t133:

As for the motto, this might need more work but considering how long PC has lacked a motto, I figure this submission meets the criteria. Anyways, the motto I had in mind was this: "PokeCommunity: A place with endless possibilities". Basically corresponds with Eevee as the mascot. Before you strike this idea down, keep in mind that my favorite Pokemon is Vulpix. Was really hard not to suggest it along with a Fire&Ice Game of Thrones theme seeing as it has an Ice Type Alolan variant. Anyways, what do you think?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
oh i thought you were aware
the actual motto is 'pokécommunity: server says speed it up, i just go slow'

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think it'd take PC another 16 years to decide everything.

Years
Our slogan, for the longest time, was "We're still working on a better slogan", which was kind of an ongoing joke just because we never actually picked a motto/slogan.

Since the release of our new user interface (PokéCommunity 2.0), though, we have switched to "Working on a better slogan, 16 years and counting!"

I can't say we've actually ever serious considered a mascot, but I guess Eevee is kind of a cute idea.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I've been aware of that motto since I've joined. It just came across as lacking a motto rather than an ongoing joke(an inside joke to boot). As for the mascot, the fact Eevee evolves multiple ways can correspond to PC's various areas of interest with respect to Pokémon. Like the creative area screams Sylveon(and not because [user]Fairy[/user] would jump at the opportunity to plaster it everywhere) while Jolteon could represent competitive battling(although any of them could really).

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I like the Eevee suggestion, but I'm much more partial to shiny Mareep being the mascot in respect of our overlord and go-to when PC servers crash PC's owner. I still think the motto should be related to server crashes in some form or another.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I thought Ditto was the mascot of PC? @_@ Or was that a joke in Off Topic for awhile?

No no it was totally serious! Ditto is the perfect mascot for PC and you all know it :)

(On a serious note, it was more of a joke but I stand by that it's perfect, even more possibilities than Eevee and open for all kinds of people and you can be who you want here and all <3 )

dancing-ditto-gif-1.gif

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
And Eevee becomes Sylveon so I can't really complain about that! o/

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
I like the neutral pokeball since it'll annoy someone whose favorite isn't represented.

...I say this and Bulbagarden exists

Cid

Years
Ditto would be a good actual mascot, but I'm partial to a Substitute doll myself. Ditto can't turn into a Substitute doll. ;)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Thing is, Ditto copies and I don't think being a copy of something else is something you want to emulate. Especially if you believe that everyone is unique and therefore different from everyone else. That is why I like Eevee so much because it can evolve several different ways. Each Eevolution is different and hence can correspond to any one person's interests within Pokemon.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
do you think the mcdonalds copyright has lapsed on the grimace property yet

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
As fitting as Eevee is for PC and all of its changes over the years, I also really like that PC has no one specific mascot??

It's always just used random Pokemon in it's headers, and official posts, and etc, and I think that helps with the overall feel of all Pokemon, and not just one specific character that's everywhere.

Though, it's super nice to me that even after so much time, people still think up slogans and mascot ideas, I love it. 👌

Back