• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completely Hacking the Fire Red Title Screen by DawnRyder

iPooP-On-[Arceus]

AZN's AZN
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 29, 2012
Okay although this is quite a old thread to me.. But its good! Oh and i found our how to make it blinkies and the press start.... You open up paint use the text button to create a text at the bottom <-- Hand corner so that it will not be overlapped by the Pokemon Fire Red Logo... You can type wadeva you wan press start press thiss press taht....
Den you indexed it bla bla decrease colour depth save pallete den you go to NTME and select all and put the background into postition... Den now is the fun and easy part you cover the whole background with E's den then after that cover your text with F becoz it makes it blink!
There you have it a blinking Press Start!
The rest is up to yourself!

ShadowForce_G

Endless learning...
Years
Okay although this is quite a old thread to me.. But its good! Oh and i found our how to make it blinkies and the press start.... You open up paint use the text button to create a text at the bottom <-- Hand corner so that it will not be overlapped by the Pokemon Fire Red Logo... You can type wadeva you wan press start press thiss press taht....
Den you indexed it bla bla decrease colour depth save pallete den you go to NTME and select all and put the background into postition... Den now is the fun and easy part you cover the whole background with E's den then after that cover your text with F becoz it makes it blink!
There you have it a blinking Press Start!
The rest is up to yourself!

It's blinking! But, my background that covered with 'F' also blinking (not only the text)...
Maybe the palette?

DawnRyder

I cannot believe I'm back -.-
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2011
Yes, It is the palette. What you need to do is have the Press Start on a solid color. (The solid color has to be one of the colors on the E palette. (I think it is #6). That way, It will blink, and the background will be left untouched.

And:

Sorry guys, but I'm leaving Pokécommunity. I just don't have time for it. As of right now you will no longer be able to contact me.

pokeadvent

What should I write....?
Years
Hi! I dont understand the part of changing the palette, below are things that i could not understand.
1. Could you please explain it more easily, and without crashing APE.
2. It also cannot load the palette

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2011
Something I don't understand... I followed the tutorial as it says up to the background part, and I'm trying to do that right now for a hack I'm making of the game, but I don't understand what I'm doing wrong... I'm at the part of importing the images for the background, but I keep ending up with the same result... Any help on how to get past this bug will be appreciated, to see the bug it's attached to this.

mahamaniac3

Owner of Pokemon Jett Version
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 20, 2015
Hi! Great tutorial. Except, my background turned-out wierd. Can you help please?
copy8ofcopyofpokemonfir.png

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2013
I had the same problem - recheck your palette. If necessary, recopy it in infranview.

CdubFosho

Pokemon Adventure breeder
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 25, 2009
The tutorial looks simple and very easy to use, i would also like to see the fire that fire red has, if you figure that out let us know, also the start button of course, looking good though

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
The tutorial looks simple and very easy to use, i would also like to see the fire that fire red has, if you figure that out let us know, also the start button of course, looking good though

Editing the fire is as simple as exporting it and changing the frames to what you want. I don't think there's a tilemap though, because it works a bit different than the rest of the titlescreen. And the start button? That's where you import the background too. When putting in a new background, you have to make sure you have one in the tileset, and then place it in your tilemap.

Chevalier

Réveiller
Years
Actually I need some help:
On unLZ GBA, when writing sprite to ROM everything works fine, but the moment I try to load RAW to ROM it says Compressed Size is: 154. Which is too big. Aborting.

I don't understand why this happened seeing that my Sprite Pixels are 72x80, multiples of 8 and easily not too big.

I'd appreciate any help!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Actually I need some help:
On unLZ GBA, when writing sprite to ROM everything works fine, but the moment I try to load RAW to ROM it says Compressed Size is: 154. Which is too big. Aborting.

I don't understand why this happened seeing that my Sprite Pixels are 72x80, multiples of 8 and easily not too big.

I'd appreciate any help!

No, that's the size of the compression size. Just repoint to an offset full of free space.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2013
Hmm, I don't see why you should have to replace the GAMEFREAK logo with the BG, the BG already exists, so we should be able to just overwrite that and then edit the GameFreak/Press Start text seperately.

Anyone know the offset of the Normal FR Background?

@Chevalier: I'm pretty sure that was explained, you have to use FSF and search for the amount of bytes that UNLz gives you when it says that the image is too big, its called repointing.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Hmm, I don't see why you should have to replace the GAMEFREAK logo with the BG, the BG already exists, so we should be able to just overwrite that and then edit the GameFreak/Press Start text seperately.

Anyone know the offset of the Normal FR Background?

@Chevalier: I'm pretty sure that was explained, you have to use FSF and search for the amount of bytes that UNLz gives you when it says that the image is too big, its called repointing.

The BG is part of the press start logo. -___________-

Back