• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pokemon Corruption

Intro:
I am hansiec that is: hans-ie-c for those of you who don't know, Here is the game I am working on currently in RPG Maker XP.

Stroyline:
You are a big fan of myths and stories due to exposure as a kid. After obtaining your first Pokemon, you set off to fulfill your dream of chasing down the legends. Along the way, you meet the mysterious Dusk and Twilight, who warn you to stop Teams Solar and Lunar at all cost. Upon meeting the teams, you realize that their outwardly appearance of finding legendary Pokemon for research Pokemon is just a cover for their darker motives. And when Pokemon start becoming 'corrupt' and 'pure' you dig deeper and search for the reason for the Pokemon's changes.
While you search for a way to stop the two Teams, you also pursue myths. Upon finding proof that the Chaos shards exist, you search for them. But there are trials to pass in order to obtain the shards, and it doesn't help your search when there's already other hunters with more experience than you. But you find help with a man named Aerix, who teaches you more about myths and the shards than you would have ever learned from reading books. With his help, you find a way to fulfill your childhood dreams and stop the Teams from fulfilling their evil plans.

Features:
MysteryGift -- Online mystery gift, you never know what can happen!
Interpolating regions (Solurous and Criesta, meaning it's not 1 then the other it's both at once)
New forms of pokemon corrupted, pure, and epic (epic pokemon can break the level 100 limit and go to 256)
Shadow Pokemon (No comment here)
Way too many transport systems (bike, train, plane, ship, car, bus, ect.)
Mini-games (lottery, voltorb-flip, slot machine, mining, ruins of alpha, racing, poke-athalon)
Mouse inputs (Essentials has built in mouse inputs for those of you how don't know!)
Missions (Beat a mission get a reward, harder missions = better prizes!)
Replacing gyms with battles against Team Solar and Lunar's Leaders (Although you can battle the Champion Pillar (Name may change) which is the equvilent to gym leaders (except you must advance 4 ranks for each "badge"))
All pokemon will be obtainable (although some are event exclusive) VV
DLC (download things such as new pokemon forms, new items, ect.)

Mystery Gift:
Download a gift from the internet (it can depend on alot of various things)

DLC:
Downloaded content costs DLC points (which are free and obtained in the game via missions) which allows you to download various things (although many things are free the ones that costs points can only be bought once and are usually special events or archived mystery gifts)

Missions:
Missions can be found in any pokemon center, they are small side quests (usually finding a lost pokemon or a challenge) after you complete the mission you get X amount of DLC points and a prize (a pokemon, an item, money, ect.)

Mouse Inputs:
Mouse inputs are implemented in the game, these are usually for the PokePad. (It's named not after the iPad but because it's a small box on the bottom of the screen.)
Also, I plan on configuring the Menu System to have Mouse Inputs (Alongside of the Pokedex/Pokemon Menus)

Spoiler:

Videos:
None

Credits:
Hansiec -- Main Scripter/Mapper/Creator/Graphics (Some trainer sprites and a few other random things)
My Sister -- Storyline and basic look of the Criesta Region. (By My Sister I mean MY SISTER not a username.)
Rick1234 -- Graphics (Titlescreen, Menu Screen and BW graphics pack)
Rayquaza. -- Graphics (Custom Overworld(s), and BW tiles)
Poccil -- Original Poke-Essentials
Maruno -- Current Version Of Essentials
Psign -- BW pack
FL -- Pokemon.txt PB data
Help 14 -- I think he was the one who released the gen 5 pokemon overworlds. (I might be wrong though)

Releases:
None yet...

Support Banner:

Code:
http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj579/Rayquaza-Dot/Pokemon-Corruption-Supporter.gif

Banners by Rayquaza.

Last edited:

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years
Well Time to be the first to comment.
Ok Hansiec, The mixture of graphics I would recommend fixing. I have plenty of overworlds if you want to use them. And, It feels really good finally being in a thread under the credits xD.
But over It looks great message me if you want the overworlds.

Last edited:

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years
All of the features that will be included in this are definitely interesting.
I will be interested to see how this achievement and mission system work out.

Years
@Rick1234

Thanks, again for the overworlds you will be credited

@HenryBuffet

What the duce, are you just spamming me?

@PokeInfuse

The mission system (sometimes referred to quests as well) will work like PMD where quests auto generate (except only 10 generate daily per mission center)

The achievements will also be semi-generative, I will manually generate these and on the start up of the game (even before you reach the titlescreen) it will download all possible achievements available. I don't know how you knew this feature as I didn't really say anything about it.

Finally here's my updates:

Finished up route 2
Finished up the "Wifi center" (this controls trading, battles, and mystery gift)
New Menu Screen (I now have 3 to choose from, classic, Rick1234's style, and Rayquaza's style (still working on his menu)) and of course you may select any of the three menus at anytime in the options : D (this might not be in the first release depending on how far I get in the story) I'll also trick these out with the mouse! (Low priority though, I am concentrating on more major things first)

Also, before anyone asks about the images (at the bottom) Image Shack cut the bottom of the images

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Looks good, one thing though. Your comment in the OP about Team Shadow seems out of place. Who are they, do they appear anywhere else, or are they actually Team Lunar but that line wasn't updated?????

Years
Looks good, one thing though. Your comment in the OP about Team Shadow seems out of place. Who are they, do they appear anywhere else, or are they actually Team Lunar but that line wasn't updated?????

Sorry, I forgot to change some of this as I kept it into an rtf document and some of it was outdated.

Years
Updates:
Completed Central city, which also leads to MANY sub-updates
Champion Pillar (Under construction but the basis is still made for this)
Pokemon Shop (Buy pokemon here, these are randomly chosen from an array of 10+ pokemon)
TM Shop (A whole entire building dedicated to TMs and HMs)
Game Corner (Gamblers are Welcomed)
Subway Station (To the Criesta region)
The Hotel (If you've played D/P/Pt you'd know where this is going to get to)
And some more things which are to do with the city (but less interesting or has no point except to keep you busy)
For those of you who didn't see the new images, I added BW tiles.
Honey Trees (Again time based)
plus more!

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Stroyline:

Just thought I'd point that out.

This game looks like it has potential, but I think the maps from what I see need to be spruced up a little bit. The grass could use a little more variation and flowers, and I think a little shadow at the bottom of the cliffs would really help.

Years
Just thought I'd point that out.

This game looks like it has potential, but I think the maps from what I see need to be spruced up a little bit. The grass could use a little more variation and flowers, and I think a little shadow at the bottom of the cliffs would really help.

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out, the Tiles are a WIP (I presume) by Rayquaza, the old HGSS maps were a lot better because they actually were completed.

Years
Honestly, this makes no sense?

What does "This is all walking on the overworlds!" mean? Honestly, I only believe you said this over my remarks about your game.

Unless you mean about the images, which in that case re-look at yours which are less interesting because it shows nothing that you can't find in the normal essentials (excluding the text)

Besides even if you don't like it I certainly know I didn't "ruin" pokemon because all of the other posts (except for one piece of spam which was deleted) was positive and or a critic to improve the game.

If this was an attempt at insulting me good luck, I don't get offended by people easily, especially in a way I can't even understand really...

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
The images are looking really good, maps are really nice. I feel confident that you can pull this off, progress looks good!

Years
@Anglican
Those were not even finalized yet, I still needed to add in the stairs and the small objects (rocks, small trees, bushes, ect.)

Alright, I've decided that every Sunday I'll try posting some more progress of the game to keep everyone updated.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
@Anglican
Those were not even finalized yet, I still needed to add in the stairs and the small objects (rocks, small trees, bushes, ect.)

Alright, I've decided that every Sunday I'll try posting some more progress of the game to keep everyone updated.
Better than my maps :P Hope you can actually pull this off.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Yeah, my personal opinion, if that's going to be an ice type, the blues need to be a lot lighter, like glaceon and Glacier. Also, there's very little variety, and are those solid blocks of colours or not? Sorry if I sound like a pro artist, I'm not, these are just itty bitty things that are important when playing with them.

Years
Yeah, my personal opinion, if that's going to be an ice type, the blues need to be a lot lighter, like glaceon and Glacier. Also, there's very little variety, and are those solid blocks of colours or not? Sorry if I sound like a pro artist, I'm not, these are just itty bitty things that are important when playing with them.

Blue FLARE growlithe, it's a fire type. Anyways, I will take the rest into consideration.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Blue FLARE growlithe, it's a fire type. Anyways, I will take the rest into consideration.

Aaaah, sorry, missed that bit. In that case, I feel that the blues probably should be a bit lighter, but not too much, maybe add a tint of purple in there too.

Years
Yeah, I'll get to it, I was just showing it out for critics so I know what to improve, I might add in some purple, and by solid blocks of color do you mean shading?

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
By solid blocks of colour I meant lack of shading, like getting the bucket button aand filling it all in. It's not very realistic and can ruin stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back