• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Caught, not obtained

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I Experienced a problem, where I caught a Pokemon, it was added to the Pokedex, but then after the game resumed, the Pokemon was not in the party or PC. Any help or suggestions? I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it o.o

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Are you in Debug Mode or something? That seems strange. Do you have any custom scripts? They might inflict on the Pokemon Capture script, or Pokemon Battle script. Otherwise, I really don't understand. Maybe it's just a bug, that no-one has encountered yet.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I don't have any custom scripts, but i have some custom switches, maybe that could be the problem, but i doubt it, and it happens everywhere/ in debug mode and in real time.
I don't know what else to tell you guys for information. The only thing I ever changed was things with the move dive, and badge restrictions and adding new stones.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
I don't have any custom scripts, but i have some custom switches, maybe that could be the problem, but i doubt it, and it happens everywhere/ in debug mode and in real time.
I don't know what else to tell you guys for information. The only thing I ever changed was things with the move dive, and badge restrictions and adding new stones.

It certainly shouldn't be switches, I use custom switches all the time and I've never had this problem. What did you do to dive though? Did you change it completely. Did your new move require some scripts?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
It certainly shouldn't be switches, I use custom switches all the time and I've never had this problem. What did you do to dive though? Did you change it completely. Did your new move require some scripts?

I changed the move used to dig, and i think thats it other than the text it says when you use it >.>

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I guess I wait for him to see this then >.>
I'm stumped, I have no idea why this happens hahaha, like i cant think of any reason

I would also like to add that when you battle the pokemon you have already caught, it shows the pokeball symbol to show you have already caught it, literally they only thing wrong is that you do not possess the pokemon

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
What version of Essentials are you using? This problem seems vaguely familiar, although I can't find it mentioned in the change log. I've tested it in v11 and it works fine.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
oh, I'm using possibly an old one, maybe 7-8, possibly 9
I havent updated to 11, mostly because i'm not sure how to do so in the easiest, less time consuming, most efficient way... :cer_confused: heh...heh..

I suppose if thats the problem then I might have to spend the whole day transferring things and stuff!

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
oh, I'm using possibly an old one, maybe 7-8, possibly 9
I havent updated to 11, mostly because i'm not sure how to do so in the easiest, less time consuming, most efficient way... :cer_confused: heh...heh..

I suppose if thats the problem then I might have to spend the whole day transferring things and stuff!

If you obtain the snag machine, capturing non-shadow Pokémon won't actually give you the Pokémon in Pokemon Essentials prior to 11.

That's possibly your issue.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Thanks for the help guys, it was because I had an older version, but I didn't activate anything revolving around the shadow Pokemon..., anyway, it's fixed now!

Back