• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Time Warp Challenge

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Username: Cymry
Game: Ultra Sun
Era: Ancient Greece

Going to give one of the new eras a go.

Current Team: Just arrived at Akala Island

729MS.png

Orpheus the Modest Brionne, Male, Lv. 19
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Aqua Jet, Water Gun, Icy Wind, Disarming Voice
686MS.png

Pelagios the Adamant Inkay, Male, Lv. 16
Ability: Contrary
Item: Oran Berry
Moves: Topsy-Turvy, Peck, Foul Play, Psywave
081MS.png

Nikephoros the Bold Magnemite, Lv. 16
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Quick Claw
Moves: Light Screen, Magnet Bomb, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave
058MS.png

Hesperos the Adamant Growlithe, Male, Lv. 14
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Roar, Ember, Leer, Odor Stealth
546MS.png

Anthousa the Modest Cottonee, Female, Lv. 13
Ability: Prankster
Moves: Mega Drain, Fairy Wind, Stun Spore, Leech Seed
741PoMS.png

Calisto the Timid Oricorio, Female, Lv. 14
Ability: Dancer
Moves: Pound, Roost, Peck, Air Cutter

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Username: CodeHelmet
Game: Yellow
Era: Age of Discovery

Planned Team:

dodrio-f.png

lapras.png

vulpix.png
*<3*
sandslash.png

victreebel.png

butterfree-f.png

Changed my Team around a bit. Also... updates!

Update#1: Brock and Misty
Spoiler:

Update#2 Lt.Surge and Erika
Spoiler:

Update#3 Koga and Sabrina
Spoiler:

Update#4 Blaine, Giovanni and more!!
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years

The Industrial Era in Pok?mon Sacred Gold

157.png
134.png
229.png
208.png
068.png
395.png
181.png

CHAPTER 3 - The workers in the factory

Last time I was beating Team Rocket and stopped their attempt to have best factory in the Johto.
I also met champion of Kanto and Johto. He told me that if I beat him, he'll tell where to find legendary kid worker - Red.
And with that, I challenged Pryce to battle. Having 2 Fire-Types helped a lot. Probably first Gym that was easy. To the next Gym!
Clair... Her Gym has so annoying puzzle to do over and over again, when you have to heal afteer each battle. Also, I have only one Dragon-Type and one Ice-Type attacks so this will be interesting battle. I don't remember the details, but Gyarados is probably only Pok?mon (and Gengar, but there are more Gyarados' in the game) that gives my whole team troubles. I really need that Electric-Type after I beat the league.
I did Kimono Girls side-quest and caught Ho-Oh in the Master Ball.
Victory Road time! Last encounter with Silver in Johto! And... I lost...
Let's do some training! Now all my Pok?mon are around level 65, because I don't know what levels are E4 and most of the champions have Pok?mon around level 65 in other games.
Silver's down.
Now it's time to face the E4 and Lance...
Will - I have Fanga to deal with Psychic-Types and Sei have Bite and I'm overleveled, so this one is not a problem.
Koga - Okay, this one was interesting. I had nothing to deal with these Poison-Types, so I just went with pure power - that's interesting, right?
Bruno - Once again, I don't have anything to deal with this one, but I!m still overleveled, so I can deal with it.
Karen - Finally someone I can beat with strategy! And by strategy I mean using No Guard Evan's DynamicPunch!
And finally, champion Lance another Gyarados - Ice-Beam (or Aurora Beam, I'm not sure which one I had at that moment)!

And with that, I became champion of the E4. With the money I my mum won, we could get eletricity into my mum's company so all the kid workers don't have to work in the dark.

So I caught Mareep, since I really needed Eletric-Type to deal with Water-Types and Gyarados. I swapped it with Leon, as Sei was enough for a Water-Type.

And because this is getting really long, I'll put whole Kanto region in one sentence. I was overleveled after the E4, so I had no problem dealing with Kanto Gym Leaders.

And finally, the legendary kid worker - Red. He said he would work for my mum only if I beat him. His team was around level 90, while mine was around level 78. It was long and hard battle, but in the end, Red has new contract and now I'm new legendary kid worker - Zeman Twist.

After I returned home, I was awarded by more work in My Mum's Factory. I overheard my mum saying that she would like to expand to other regions too, now that she controls Kanto and Johto. She mentioned Hoenn as her next target.

Team

157.png

Spyro, Bold Male Typhlosion
lvl 77, Flash Fire
- Flamethrower
- Eruption
- ThunderPunch
- Earth Power

134.png

Sei, Impish Male Vaporeon
lvl 80, Hydration
- Surf
- Bite
- Ice Beam
- Waterfall

229.png

Fanga, Hardy Female Houndoum
lvl 77, Intimidate
- Flamethrower
- Faint Attacl
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse

208.png

Naill, Lonely Male Steelix
lvl 80, Sturdy
- Earthquake
- DragonBreath
- Curse
- Iron Tail

068.png

Evan, Naughty Male Machamp
lvl 76, No Guard
- DynamicPunch
- Rock Climb
- Strength
- Stone Edge

181.png

Li, Relaxed Female Ampharos
lvl 78, Static
- Discharge
- Signal Beam
- Flash
- Power Gem​

So first part completed and I'll probably start another run on Omega Ruby soon.

Last edited:
Years

The Industrial Era in Pok?mon Omega Ruby

combusken.gif
wingull.gif
makuhita.gif

CHAPTER 4 - Hoenncoming

Few days after my win againts Red, I was tasked by my mum to go to the new region called Hoenn. I'm supposed to find this mysterious guy who controls the market with best metal and steel in the world and convince him to join My Mum's Corp in order to rule over another region.
So I was transported in the back of a truck like some kind of furniture into town called Littleroot Town. Here I met with my contact May. She's kid worker like me, but helps in some kind of science stuff.She's weak.
She sent me to guy named Norman in the next city. He knew something, but would give this info only if I beat him in battle. And I can challenge him only if I have 4 Hoenn Badges! Okay, let's hunt some badges.
Norman told me to go to Rusboro City and beat local Gym Leader Roxanne. So I did that.
After the heated Gym Battle I got into fight between Devon Corp - something like My Mum's Corp but worse and Team Magma - some weirdos in devil's costumes. I sided with Devon Corp and was taken to their leader... some Stoner.
He knew who I was looking for and told me to deliver his Letter to guy named Steven in Dewfort Town. He should know the person I want.
So I took a boat to the island, where the town lies and am currently searching for this Steven guy.

Team

combusken.gif

Chicana, Lax Female Combusken
lvl 17, Blaze
- Ember
- Growl
- Peck
- Double Kick

wingull.gif

Gall, Quiet Male Wingull
lvl 15, Keen Eye
- Water Pulse
- Mist
- Supersonic
- Wing Attack

makuhita.gif

Xer, Hasty Male Makuhita
lvl 12, Thick Fat
- Fake Out
- Sand Attack
- Arm Thrust
- Focus Energy​

Last edited:
Years

combusken.gif
wingull.gif
hariyama.gif

CHAPTER 5 - Electricity is not permitted here!

After few days of searching, I somehow got to local Gym. Gym Leader Brawly is friend of this Steven. I have to beat him to make him tell me where to find him.
So Gall destroyed Brawly and I finally got some info about Steven. Apparently he's big stone nerd. or where they minerals?
Doesn't matter! Found him in cave outside of the town. He is so lame. He only talks about how he has the best steel in the world. He even gave me disk with steel wings. I'm not even asking him about that mysterious Steel guy. I hope I'll never find him again.
Ohh and there were some parts that need to be delivered into Slateport City. Guess who have to do it? No, not Steven... But me.
So I was transported to another city. And guess what? Devon is fighting Magma again, so it's on me (again) to help them.
Now I'm free to do anything I want to. So I make my way to another Gym, while meeting with May again. She still works for the profesor. She should be taken to our factory.
Next City is one big mall. With a lot of kid workers working there.
Wattson, local Gym Leader was pushover. I only beat him to get another badge so I get information from Norman. Which will be same with next Gym.

Team

combusken.gif

Chicana, Lax Female Combusken
lvl 28, Blaze
- Flame Charge
- Cut
- Peck
- Double Kick

wingull.gif

Gall, Quiet Male Wingull
lvl 24, Keen Eye
- Water Pulse
- Quick Attack
- Supersonic
- Air Cutter

hariyama.gif

Xer, Hasty Male Hariyama
lvl 25, Thick Fat
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Force Palm
- Focus Energy​

Years

blaziken.gif
pelipper.gif
hariyama.gif
nosepass.gif
feebas.gif

CHAPTER 6 - Blue Beauty

Let's skip the boring part. Once again I met with Team Magma, stopped them from whatever they were doing, got to another Gym that once again knew nothing about that mysterious guy, beat it and finally got enough badges to challenge Norman. You can see the pattern...
Well now, I can finally challenge Norman. After quick battle - I have 2 OP Fighting-Types he told me that the guy I'm looking for is Champion of the Hoenn. Great, now I have to collect more badges so I can challenge him, beat him and persuade him to give up his steel to My Mum's Corp.
And with that, I once again(!!!!) stopped them from whatever they were doing, but with a twist this time! I met Steven, that prick, and he forced me to go with him to this island with super banned Dragon/Psychic-Type Pok?mon Latios... Blah Blah Blah I can use Mega Evolution now.
We returned and I could finally fish for my beauty fish. I'll wait with fishing for the ugly fish until I get better Rod for now.
Anyway, beauty fish wants all the blue Pok?blocks I have to the point I have to grow more berries for it.
While the berries are growing, let's beat another Gym Leader and go something about Team Magma.

Team

blaziken.gif
/
blaziken-mega.gif

(I'm blind if megas are banned)
Chicana, Lax Female Blaziken
lvl 46, Blaze
- Blaze Kick
- Cut
- Peck
- Double Kick

pelipper.gif

Gall, Quiet Male Pelipper
lvl 46, Keen Eye
- Surf
- Quick Attack
- Supersonic
- Air Cutter

hariyama.gif

Xer, Hasty Male Hariyama
lvl 43, Thick Fat
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Wake-Up Slap
- Belly Drum

nosepass.gif

Norsot, Quiet Male Nosepass
lvl 44, Magnet Pull
- Discharge
- Thunder Wave
- Earth Power
- Power Gem

feebas.gif

Emma, Adamant Female Feebas
lvl 34, Swift Swim
- Splash
- Tackle
- Flail​

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Update#2 added in after a busy weekend. Kind of breezed through the middle part of the game, although I had a close scare at having a Pokemon faint(Pedal Dance hurts lol). I should have Update#3 sometime later this week with perhaps the conclusion to the challenge by Friday or so(should speed up considerably once I get my final Team Member).

Years

The Industrial Era in Pokémon Omega Ruby

blaziken.gif
pelipper.gif
hariyama.gif
probopass.gif
milotic.gif
whiscash.gif
zebstrika.gif

CHAPTER 7 - STEVEN!!!

And it's over... I collected last badges and helped Devon with their cooling problem - their Groudon broke and no other kid worker could repair it.
I got my last team member - Whiscash, used it and then, right before last Gym I decided that I need a little more electricity and caught Zebstrika. There was too much water in my team anyway. Now I can work properly.

And with that, I met with Wally again. He wanted to be best kid worker in the region... Not when I'm there!
I sliced through E4 with only Chicana, Xer, Emma... And I used Barry to get rid of Drake's Kingdra.

And finally I can meet with Champion a.k.a the person I was looking for this whole time. I imagine that he's legendary kid worker as Red or me, heroic person that have the best steel and iron in the world. And I see him now... It's Steven. STEVEN!!! That gray-haired spoiled kid that kept appearing out of nowhere is actually not only champion, but even my goal.

He said: "Hi Zeman, we don't have to fight. I'll help your mum's company without any problem. It'll be good to work together!"

How dare he challenge be to battle? I'll beat him down! And so I did sweep his team with Chicana.

Finally... Finally I beat Steven that guy and now he has to work for My Mum's Corp. I can finally return ho--- WHAT IS MAY DOING HERE? Ohh... She wants to battle. Should have stayed in factory.
----------------------------------
Back in Johto now. But not for long. This lady named Juniper met with my mum and wanted me to join her research about new ways of electricity for our factories. So I'm going to Unova. Yay! Can I please return to the factory?

Team

blaziken.gif
/
blaziken-mega.gif

(I'm blind if megas are banned)
Chicana, Lax Female Blaziken
lvl 64, Blaze
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Sky Uppercut
- Stone Edge

hariyama.gif

Xer, Hasty Male Hariyama
lvl 62, Thick Fat
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Belly Drum

probopass.gif

Norsot, Quiet Male Probopass
lvl 61, Magnet Pull
- Discharge
- Thunder Wave
- Earth Power
- Power Gem

milotic.gif

Emma, Adamant Female Milotic
lvl 67, Swift Swim
- Surf (Was too lazy to get one more Heart Scale to change it to Hydro Pump)
- Coil
- Attract
- Blizzard

whiscash.gif

Brocky, Lonely Male Whiscash
lvl 63, Anticipation
- Future Sight
- Fissure
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

zebstrika.gif

Barry, Lax Male Zebstrika
lvl 63, Motor Drive
- Pursuit
- Spark
- Thrash
- Wild Charge​

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Update#3 posted. Suppose I'll do Update#4 and Update#5 sometime this weekend or next week. I can't bring myself to evolve Serena(Vulpix). *Cries*

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Age of Discovery challenge completed. Sorry for the long delay :D Going to take a break from this particular challenge to try a different one. I'll be back though ;)

Years

The Industrial Era in Pokémon Black

pignite.gif
drilbur.gif
timburr.gif

CHAPTER 8 - Industrial Games BEGIN!

So, you remember that last part of my last post? Looks like I kinda messed up one important detail. I'm supposed to find electricity, but it's Sinnoh storyline. Prof. Juniper came because I was recruited in the next Industrial Games. You might ask, what that is? Several kid workers are picked from various factories all over the world and they fight each other and have to get all the Gym Badges. The winner's factory is granted entrance to the Entralink. What is there? No one knows. (OOC: Well, I know, but I don't want to spoiler this one for you. It's not like they've killed Jon Snow)
And so, I was transported to the Unova region, got Tepig and started.
Right from the start I got rocket start, beating another two kid workers. Can't bother with remembering their names. I probably won't see them again.
In the next city, I found group of people that wants to liberate Pokémon from humans so kids can work even more on their own. Can I join them?
Ohh, and I met another opponent appeared. He's weird and annoying, just like Steven... That reminds me... STEVEN!!! (<- angry shouting) Even his name is similar. He's called N. What a nerdy name. Can't he be called Grey or something like that? And he's as weak as Steven... That reminds me... STEVEN!!! (<- angry shouting once again)
So now I can finally challenge 1st Gym. There are three cheaters in this Gym and they use Pokémon weak againts yours. Nice strategy guys. So Tepig beat this water monkey, because everyone knows that Fire beats Water.
Then, one of the participants (The thicc one from before) got her Pokémon stolen by the guys. Nice one, but can I join you? Four-Eyes - that second kid I beat at the start, wanted to join them too, so we found them and decided to battle them - to show them we are strong and they should totally let us join them. But they just left. We aren't probably strong enough.
So I went to another city, got some new team members and prove I'm strong I beat local Gym Leader, whose only weakness is Tepig, with Drilbur.
And I almost forgot. That Steven 2.0 showed up and I had to beat him again.

Team

pignite.gif

Boxxy, Mild Male Pignite
lvl 22, Blaze
- Flame Charge
- Smog
- Arm Thrust
- Defense Curl

drilbur.gif

Riley, Calm Female Drilbur
lvl 21, Sand Force
- Metal Claw
- Mud Sport
- Rapid Spin
- Dig

timburr.gif

Balboa, Mild Male Timburr
lvl 20, Sheer Force
- Wake-Up Slap
- Focus Energy
- Bide
- Rock Throw​

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
Years
Haven't tried a challenge in ages! Been caught up in games other than Pokemon recently. BUT IM BACK!

I think I wanna try to play each Generation with a different Era, but I'll have to see how I go for time.
Here is my first go:

Username: Pebblycone
Game: Pokemon Red
Era: Jurassic Jam
--
So far, my team is Charmeleon and Beedrill, and I also have the Helix fossil!
Currently Working my way to Bill's House, not quite sure what Pokemon Ill add to my team yet. I will see how I go :)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Haven't tried a challenge in ages! Been caught up in games other than Pokemon recently. BUT IM BACK!

I think I wanna try to play each Generation with a different Era, but I'll have to see how I go for time.
Here is my first go:

Username: Pebblycone
Game: Pokemon Red
Era: Jurassic Jam
--
So far, my team is Charmeleon and Beedrill, and I also have the Helix fossil!
Currently Working my way to Bill's House, not quite sure what Pokemon Ill add to my team yet. I will see how I go :)

Good luck :)

Starting another challenge of my own.

Username: CodeHelmet
Game: Yellow
Era: Progressive

Aim to make my Pokemon be all Female or Pokemon that are at least 50% Female(if not higher) when it comes to breeding. Ironic that Eevee is the mandatory Pokemon with a 87.5% Male rate on breeding.

Thinking of what team to get with my Electric mouse off limits and my usual counters for Brock not allowed either. It's not end of the world though. I still have options :) Hard part will be nicknames.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
A Rattata grinded up to learn Hyper Fang can handle Gen 1 Brock pretty well. The lack of Rock Tomb really helps.

I've also learned in a No EXP hack that, at L5, two Sand-Attack Pidgeys + four Tackle/Tail Whip Rattatas can handle him, though it's a matter of RNG (since the objective is to keep him from actually landing hits).

Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone else is taking on Gen 1 with a troublesome early team.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
A Rattata grinded up to learn Hyper Fang can handle Gen 1 Brock pretty well. The lack of Rock Tomb really helps.

I've also learned in a No EXP hack that, at L5, two Sand-Attack Pidgeys + four Tackle/Tail Whip Rattatas can handle him, though it's a matter of RNG (since the objective is to keep him from actually landing hits).

Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone else is taking on Gen 1 with a troublesome early team.

I've beaten Brock on Yellow without Butterfree, Mankey or Nidoran ;). I beat him straight up with Pikachu but alas even my Electric Mouse is off-limits. No need to worry though as Pidgey and Rattata through the use of Sand Attack + Tail Whip can beat him(No Rock moves plus Defense boosting moves = win). Poison is off-limits, which means the only Grass Pokemon I can use is Tangela, hence I'll have to catch a Rattata for Cut as even Sandshrew/Diglett is not viable. Could do Charmander but that's a waste of a moveslot and I have another Fire Type in mind. In fact... this is the team I'm leaning to employ:

pidgeot.png
raticate-f.png
ninetales.png
vaporeon.png
clefable.png
magneton.png

Will open with Pidgey and Rattata before catching Clefairy at Mount Moon. Will have to grind and survive Misty, Lt.Surge and Rock Tunnel(ugh...) with Pokemon that aren't good against Rock Types naturally(Water Gun Rattata muwhahah). I then acquire Vulpix and Eevee in Celadon City and for those who think Magnemite is off-limits, you forget it's a Steel Type in Generation 2 onwards ;P Just have to think of movesets and who gets Double Team ^_^

*Edit* So I've managed to complete all 8 Gym's and have Victory Road and Elite Four left to do. Did the first two rival battles with my starter just to ensure a Jolteon encounter later on in the game but also to claim 5 free Pokeballs that I used to get my first two party members. Brock was straightforward with Sand Attack and Tail Whip making things easy before following it up with Hyper Fang. I must say that Misty's reputation of being a complete pain in the ass with her Starmie line proved its case yet again because despite having a - 6 to Accuracy from Sand Attack, I had a Pokemon faint to her signature Bubblebeam move. While I was reducing her Accuracy on Starmie, she used Harden like four times, turning it into a physical tank. Then she got lucky not once but twice with Bubblebeam and my Athena(nickname for my Pidgey) fainted. I finished her off with Nebby(nickname for Clefairy in honor of Lillie). Lt.Surge was tricky because I didn't have a Pokemon with a type advantage but I rolled with Athena to open to try and reduce his Accuracy. I managed to get a Sand Attack in before she fell to a Thunderbolt. I swapped to Nebby wherein I started using Minimize and was able to beat Lt.Surge's Raichu with several Pound attacks. I could have rolled with Irene(my Rattata) since she knew Dig but what's the fun in that? Caught Zeus(genderless Magnemite) prior to Rock Tunnel and got through Rock Tunnel relatively unscathed, although the Rock Pokemon pushed my Irene to the limit since she was the only Pokemon with a Super Effective move(Water Gun and Dig).

After getting to Celadon, I acquired my next two party members in Serena(Vulpix) and Coventina(Vaporeon. It's Celtic for Water Goddess). Trained them up and had a relatively easy time with Erika as Serena and Athena were more than enough to claim the badge. After making my way to Fuchsia, I grinded to 48 on my favorite training ground on Cycling road. Serena managed to dispatch Koga's Venonats with Flamethrower but his Venomoth was another matter as Serena fainted to Toxic + Psychic damage. Finished it off with an Ice Beam from Coventina. Sabrina was an easy fight as she has a notable flaw in her team. While her Abra line is all level 50, her starting Abra knows only two moves and none that deal damage. That means I can simply power up with evasion and repair Accuracy loss with X-Accuracy(which is easy to obtain after selling lots of miscellaneous items for it). I sent out Irene to face her, packed on the Double Team and basically Hyper Fang'd to victory. Battled my way to Cinnabar Island where Coventina swept Blaine. Giovanni is always a pain though but with a bit of tactical planning can be beat without too much trouble. I open with Athena against him because his Dugtrio can't do anything to her due to 3 Ground Moves and Sand Attack. I lower his Dugtrio's accuracy before swapping to Coventina and upping her Evasion via Double Team and solidifying her Defense with Acid Armor should one of their Ground attacks land. Then it was Surf x 4 on the Ground Pokemon while his Persian is always a pain due to knowing Double Team. Fortunately I was able to dispatch it before it got bad.

Current Team:

vaporeon.png

Coventina level 53
Double Team
Acid Armor
Surf
Ice Beam

ninetales.png

Serena level 51
Confuse Ray
Flamethrower
Quick Attack
Double Team

raticate-f.png

Irene level 52
Double Team
Cut
Hyper Fang
Dig

pidgeot.png

Athena level 52
Fly
Sand Attack
Swift
Wing Attack

magneton.png

Zeus level 52
Swift
Double Team
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave

clefable.png

Nebby level 52
Minimize
Strength
Psychic
Metronome

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
I'd like to sign up.
Username: Zj314
Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon
Era: Stone Age

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Figure I'll post my winning update on my Progressive Era run. My team, as constructed, easily moved through the Elite Four and Champion like a hot knife through butter. Evasion moves are so OP in Generation 1 that unless a trainer uses X-Accuracy or Swift, you're almost never going to lose with Evasion maxed(hence Minimize or Double Team on a Gengar = instant win 99.99% of the time).

I'll go through each battle from memory. First up was Lorelei...

Spr_Y_Lorelei.png

Lorelei

vs.

Spr_Y_Red.png

Code

Lorelei sends out...
dewgong.png

Dewgong level 54

Code sends out...
magneton.png

Zeus level 60

I grind to 60 before doing Elite Four. Could I battle them sooner? Yes. Do I like doing that? No :D Anyways, with the level advantage I have the speed edge so I open with Thunder Wave to paralyze it and she fails to move because of it. I then opt to go with Swift(because I can) but also to entice her into using Rest(which she does). In using the move, her Dewgong fully recovers HP and removes the Paralysis at the expense of going asleep so I use the opportunity to go Double Team the next two rounds wherein I avoid a Bubblebeam thanks to the evasion. I keep using Double Team until maxed and I keep avoiding one attack after another. With Evasion at +6, I employ Thunderbolt and OHKO Dewgong. The rest of her team falls in relatively quick fashion, although her Jynx and Lapras managed to tank a Thunderbolt, necessitating I use a 2nd.

Up next was Bruno...

Spr_Y_Bruno.png

Bruno

vs.

Spr_Y_Red.png

Code

Bruno sends out...
onix.png

Onix level 53

Code sends out...
pidgeot.png

Athena level 60

Although Bruno has two Onix in his arsenal, Rock Type moves are inherently inaccurate(base accuracy of 90 to start). Whats worse is their power is nothing like that of Electric or Ice Type moves, hence I have the upper hand. I open with 5 Sand Attacks to reduce the Accuracy sufficiently so that I could chip away using Wing Attack and Swift. Bruno tries in vain to hit me with Rock Throw but to no avail. Takes me like 15 to 20 attacks but I eventually crack that thick Rock hide and KO his first Onix. Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee were a cakewalk with OHKO Fly attacks. The next challenge was his 2nd Onix but like before, Rock Slide is just as accurate as Rock Throw and once you get hit with Accuracy reducing moves, you're all but better off using something else. I repeat what I did on the first Onix by using Sand Attack x 5 and chipping away at it. Eventually, it falls just like the first one. Machamp was no contest like his other Fighting Type bretheren with a OHKO from a Fly attack.

Agatha was my next opponent....

Spr_Y_Agatha.png

vs.

Spr_Y_Red.png

Code

Agatha sends out...
gengar.png

Gengar level 56

Code sends out...
clefable.png

Nebby level 60

Agatha held the speed edge and opened with Substitute, which although is annoying, it's actually the best thing that could have happened for me as I opened with Minimize. Agatha then tried using Lick but missed and I kept using Minimize to maximize my Evasion. While doing so I avoided a couple more Lick Attacks, a couple Mega Drains and even avoided getting confused from a Confuse Ray attack. Once Evasion was maxed, I simply Psychic attacked my way to the win as Clefable's special is surprisingly good in Generation 1.

Up next was Lance...

Spr_Y_Lance.png

Lance

vs.

Spr_Y_Red.png

Code

Lance sends out...
gyarados-f.png

Gyrados level 58

Code sends out...
vaporeon.png

Coventina level 60

Gyrados is one of the better Generation 1 Pokemon and it has the speed edge so I opt to open with Double Team hoping that he doesn't use Hyper Beam. Unfortunately for me, he does but it misses!!! With him having to recharge, I'm able to get in two Double Teams, which all but makes the battle mine as he uses Hydro Pump on his next attack but misses. I keep using Double Team and he keeps missing with attacks. I then activate Acid Armor three times to maximize my Defense while he misses badly with Dragon Rage. I then use Ice Beam and do considerable damage to his Flying "Dragon" before finishing it off with another Ice Attack. The rest of his team fell to Ice Beam and Surf without so much as causing me an ounce of damage.

Finally the Championship...

Spr_Y_Blue_3.png

Blue

vs.

Spr_Y_Red.png

Code

Blue sends out...
sandslash.png

Sandslash level 61

Code sends out...
pidgeot.png

Athena level 61

I wasn't planning to face Blue solo with just Athena but rather to set-up another one of my team members by reducing his Sandslash's Accuracy for his Earthquake move(especially due to what effect it'd have on the team member I'd be switching in). After getting five Sand Attacks in(while avoiding two Earthquakes, Poison Stings and a Fury Swipes), I bring in my other team member:

ninetales.png

Serena level 60

I had the option to go with Serena or Irene since neither one has battled to this point but seeing as Irene has Dig and other useful Physical moves, I opted to go with Serena since a Fire Type will prove useful against Exeggutor and even Cloyster(due to its Ice Typing). I open with Double Team x 6 while thanks to that Sand Attack set-up by Athena, nothing lands on Serena. Ironically, his Sandslash was harder in Silph and Route 22 prior to Victory Road because it knew Swift. For the Champion round, however, it gets replaced for Earthquake so absolutely nothing lands. I then finish his Sandslash off with a couple Flamethrowers. I use Confuse Ray on his Alakazam and then use several Quick Attacks to weaken it before finishing it off with a Critical Flamethrower. Cloyster fell after a few Flamethrower attacks and Exeggutor was done in a OHKO. His own Ninetales was a pain in the arse as I had more to fear from Confuse Ray than its own offensive moves but was able to beat it after several Quick Attacks and a Confuse Ray of my own. His Jolteon is typically a pain if I lack a Ground Type Pokemon but with Evasion maxed and with low accuracy moves(save for Thunderbolt), I beat his Jolteon with a couple Flamethrowers to claim victory.

MVP of this run:

Hard to say as credit can be spread around but if I had to pick a Pokemon that I absolutely couldn't have done it without, it'd be Nebby. Psychic moves in a challenge barring Psychic Type Pokemon... yeah lol. Not to mention it was the only one who could learn Strength. Honorable mention to the rest of my team.

Last edited:
Years

pignite.gif
excadrill.gif
gurdurr.gif
ducklett.gif
tynamo.gif

CHAPTER 9 - One more time and I swear I'll...

Next challenge in the games was hide and seek in the forest nearby. I was seeker and found everyone. After this annoyance I could finally go the next Gym. It's a gallery? Really? Restaurant, museum and now gallery? What's next? Lunapark? Or digging site? You can't be serious! And it's weak to Tepig too. What a boring gym.
Anyway, I met with Thiccanca and beat her once again. Then I got lost in the dessert, but after hours and hours of going, I made it to the Nimbasa City. And there is lunapark. You have to be kidding me!
I found SteveN in there and beat him. But that's not important. THE GYM IS IN THE LUNAPARK! I CALLED IT! And it's weak to Tepig too.
Now I have to cross weird bridge. I found ugly duckling there and got to next city. Please don't have digging site.
But I heard there's Team Plasma so I decided to find them and join them once and for all.
And they're gone... Police took them.
Time for the Gym. And it's in... digging site. Ohh god. At least it's weak to Tepig.
Next I had to get through the electric cave. And beat SteveN again. That guy is so annoying.
I wonder what will the Gym in the next city look like. I bet it's something crazy like an airport. Please don't be airport.

Team

pignite.gif

Boxxy, Mild Male Pignite
lvl 33, Blaze
- Heat Crash
- Smog
- Arm Thrust
- Defense Curl

excadrill.gif

Riley, Calm Female Excadrill
lvl 31, Sand Force
- Metal Claw
- Hone Claws
- Rock Slide
- Dig

gurdurr.gif

Balboa, Mild Male Gurdurr
lvl 31, Sheer Force
- Wake-Up Slap
- Bulk Up
- Chip Away
- Rock Throw

ducklett.gif

Skyla, Mild Female Ducklett
lvl 32, Big Pecks
- BubbleBeam
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Aqua Ring

tynamo.gif

Friesh, Hasty Male Tynamo
lvl 29, Levitate
- Tackle
- Thunder Wave
- Spark
- Charge Beam​

Last edited:
Years

emboar.gif
excadrill.gif
conkeldurr.gif
swanna.gif
eelektross.gif
chandelure.gif

CHAPTER 10 - I'm out of here

LAST TIME ON ZEMANAHRAD'S INDUSTRIAL ERA RUN: I wonder what will the Gym in the next city look like. I bet it's something crazy like an airport. Please don't be airport.
THIS TIME ON ZEMANAHRAD'S INDUSTRIAL ERA RUN: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was this close to just giving up and going back to the factory, when I saw the airport. Then I saw Gym Leader Skyla. She said she'll do anything to keep me in the tournament. So, we... ehm... had a battle... yeah, battle... nothing else... And I won!
But then, SteveN appeared with cool black draggo. He told me he's the leader of Team Plasma! Yeah, right. And I'm free kid. But Four-Eyes and Thiccanca believed him. How the hell did they got here so quickly? Were they following me all this time?
Anyway, SteveN told me that he'll let me join Team Plasma only if I find as cool draggo as he has. Okay, let's find one!
*Eye of the Tiger playing with montage of Zeman travelling through the region to find cool draggo until Zeman ends in the museum with Lenora*
Lenora: So, you were looking for the same draggo as that SteveN has? You know it's only one of its kind? But don't worry, I have something better! Cool white draggo! Here you go!
And so I got my own draggo. But it's just a stone. Apparently you need 8 badges to use it. Well, I still need one more then.
I got to next town only to find old guy with pathetic weak draggos. And they're weak to Tepig too! And so I have 8 badges but still no draggo, only stone. That's second stone that disappointed me. But this one is useful unlike Steven Stone.
Talking about Steven, guess who appeared? That's right, SteveN! And he wants to meet me in the final round of the tournament in Champion's Room of Elite Four.
On my way there, I met with Four-Eyes and Thiccanca again. They were eliminated alongside several other kids and only two contestants are me and SteveN. How convenient!
Okay, after the battle with E4, I was suppose to fight N. I sent out Emboar and he sent out his whole house! WHAT? Noone told me that we can bring our houses to this battle.
But Emboar is still stronger and won. And with that I won the tournament. Some random unnamed champion gave me the winning cup. When I touched it, I was transported to the graveyard. I was caught by Team Plasma grunts. They planned this whole thing to get my cool draggo and to resurrect the one that can't be named - Denis!
But then, that useless stone started to glow and my cool draggo is finally draggo! Denis sent out his cheated draggo and their Dragon Pulses clashed!
Out of nowhere, SteveN appeared and let his cool black draggo to shoot Denis in the back! The rest of the grunts just ran away.
After that, we returned to N's house that was still at the Elite Four. I was once again named winner of the tournament, this time without the winning cup.
OOC: I also beat Alder later, but I have no funny thing to say about it.
----------------------------------
Few days after, I got back to the New Bark Town. My Mum was happy I won and decided to give me reward for my hard work. I'm going to Alola for vacation!

Team

emboar.gif

Boxxy, Mild Male Emboar
lvl 80, Blaze
- Flare Blitz
- Smog
- Arm Thrust
- Head Smash

excadrill.gif

Riley, Calm Female Excadrill
lvl 77, Sand Force
- Metal Claw