• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Sign me up,I'll try too
Game:Blue
Pokemon:Squirtle

EDIT:Ok so I'll start playing
Spoiler:

2nd Update:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Johto Log 10

Well, I've done it again. And this time, it was almost as easy.

Victory Road... has definitely changed. A lot. There were a few Strength puzzles, but not very many. And there were no trainers to be found at all. I'm not sure whether it was because of a rule or because of something else. Either way, it was vacant.

Also, there were some holes in the ground that I had to use to get between certain areas and floors. I had a feeling that most people would have had to fall down them. Luckily, Psycho was able to carry me down them. No risk of broken bones here.

Finally, I saw the exit of the cave right ahead of me. I ran towards it, ready to rid myself of this place, when suddenly Danny shows up. Oh joy of joys. He followed me into Kanto. Then he tells me that the reason there weren't any trainers is because he beat them all. I couldn't believe that, but I didn't see any other explanation for the absence of trainers. He followed this statement up by saying the only reason I'm here is because he hasn't gotten to me yet. In other words, he was challenging me.

First his Sneasel was up, and then back down with a Metal Claw. Then was his Feraligatr, who withstood one Psychic, but couldn't handle the follow up Metal Claw. Third out was his Haunter; it promptly fell to a Shadow Ball. Next was his Golbat; the next part is self-explanatory. Lastly came his Magneton. It caused the most trouble because of it's resistance to Psychic and its Thunder Wave. But the second Psychic took it down, bringing Danny down to one Pokémon, Kadabra. It didn't stand a chance against Shadow Ball, and Psycho and I were victorious.

He said a bunch of words that basically amounted to "I'm gonna go train, but I'll be back."

Finally, I was at Indigo Plateau again. It was all so familiar, even after the remodeling they did while I was Champ. The mood was right, and it was time to become the Champion again. Finally my time has arrived.

After a little grinding in Victory Road, Psycho was at level 69 and raring to go. He had learned Zen Headbutt over Psychic, mainly because of the large difference between his Special Attack and Attack stats.

So, onto the battles. The first guy was the only one I didn't know, because he was added after I left. His name was Will, and he claimed to be a master with Psychic types. He obviously hasn't met Psycho and me.

First up was a Xatu. Shadow Ball put the poor thing in its place. The same for the Slowbro and other Xatu that followed it. His Jynx got a taste of Meteor Mash, and then Exeggutor fell to Shadow Ball.

Following Will was Koga, the ninja man himself. He welcomed me back, and then the battle started. First off was an Ariados, which was easily felled by a Zen Headbutt. Next was his Forretress, who had some good Defense to be able to withstand Earthquake once. A Full Restore, an Earthquake and a Shadow Ball later, the Forretress fell. (lol pun) Next was his Crobat; it was no more after Zen Headbutt. His Venomoth and Muk were KOed in the same manner.

Next up after Koga was Bruno, who was a good training buddy of mine when I was Champ. We exchanged greetings, and then got right to battle. He started with a Hitmontop, perfect fodder for Zen Headbutt. He jumped to his Onix, and Psycho mashed meteors upon it. The rest of his team fell easily to Zen Headbutt.

Last in the Elite Four was Karen. She was aloof, even while I was Champ. She preferred to stay out of the public eye and was usually only seen while she battled. She didn't have much to say, so we started the battle almost immediately.

This was a lot simpler that I had expected. Her Umbreon kicked things off, and Psycho hit it with Earthquake, but it managed to survive. I waited for her to use her Full Restore and weakened it with a Shadow Ball. Psycho was poised to hit it with another Earthquake when she suddenly shifted to Houndoom. Luckily, Earthquake was right on time and it wasn't as lucky as Umbreon. She sent out Gengar after that, and it was the easiest to take out; one Shadow Ball and done. Next up was Vileplume, and after Zen Headbutt, it looked a little wilted. She sent out her Murkrow, saving Umbreon for last. Psycho Meteor Mashed it into the ground, and only Umbreon was left. Earthquake was able to make quick work of the already weakened Pokémon.

Finally, I walked into the last room. It used to be my room, but when I moved out, everyone moved up a floor, and they must've taken their decorations with them. My floor looked nothing like it used to. It looked just like Lance's except longer. And speaking of Lance...

He was waiting for me on the pedestal which I used to stand on. He knew why I was here: I wanted it back. And he wasn't gonna let me have that easily. So you know what follows.

He started with Gyarados, and Zen Headbutt made it a breeze to beat it. Then came the Pokémon that had the best chance of beating Psycho: Charizard. Luckily for me, Zen Headbutt was more than enough to take it out. After Charizard came his most powerful Dragonite. Meteor Mash was all Psycho needed to win. Once it was down, Lance pretty much knew he was in trouble. But he didn't give up. Next up was his second Dragonite, and it fell in the same way. His third Dragonite was after that, and, again, Meteor Mash ruled supreme. The last of his Pokémon, Aerodactyl, was a quick thing, and managed to get a Crunch in on Psycho. That was the first damage anyone had done to Psycho the whole time. But one more Meteor Mash put it down for the count.

Lance conceded defeat and was about to register me as the Champion again when a pink-haired girl showed up, followed by Prof. Oak. He yammered on about how amazing it was that I'd beaten the Elite Four of both Kanto and Johto. Then the pink-haired lady, who's name was apparently Mary, was about to do an interview that I really didn't want when Lance butted in and excused us. Thank you Lance.

He led me back into the Record Room, where he re-registered Psycho and me as the League Champions.

picture.php

I felt glorious. However, Lance mentioned to me that many people in Kanto would not recognize me as the Kanto Champ unless I went back to Kanto and beat all of the Gyms again. So that would be my next step. Time to show Kanto who's boss.

picture.php

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Is this the Ultimate Solo Challenge Thread or can I do a SoloRun in just one version here?

Yes, the Ultimate Solo Challenge Thread is still here, it's just been combined with the single solo run forums. ;)

And now for the important thing.

Kanto Log V2: Entry 1

I'm back in Kanto, and already I've noticed that the Gyms have gotten tougher. But before I get to that, I'll discuss how I got here.

It turns out that the road to Kanto from Indigo Plateau was still under construction, so I tried to get to Kanto by taking the Magnet Train in Goldenrod. Unfortunately, it hadn't arrived lately, and it was looking like it wouldn't be arriving for a while. And I would've flown there, but the Farfetch'd didn't know how to get there.

Luckily, Elm came to the rescue with a ticket for the cruise ship to Kanto in Olivine City. I flew to Olivine in a snap and boarded the ship. As soon as I did, an old man rushed into me. He gave a quick apology, and then told me about his lost granddaughter.

As it turned out, many of the passengers were trainers, and Psycho and I had a ball beating them. I got to exploring the ship after a while, and on the lower deck, one of the sailors asked me to get his buddy back to work. He had apparently been slacking off.

I found him resting in one of the cabins, and he challenged me to a battle to try and keep me from telling anyone he was asleep. He lost, of course, and he pleaded with me to keep it secret as he ran back to his station. Fat chance.

The sailor below thanked me, and I went a bit further into the boat, finding myself in the engine room. I steered clear of it and made for the ladder up to the captain's room. There I found the captain being irritated by a little girl, presumably the one that the old man was looking for. I approached her, and she asked if I'd play with her. Then she said we'd play hide and seek, and before I could grab her, she took off.

I chased her down to the lower deck, but I lost sight of her. Fortunately, the sailor from before said she ran around the corner up ahead, and I found her quickly. I brought her back to her grandpa, and he thanked me. Not a moment after, the ship had reached Vermillion City.

I exited the ship and was walking along the dock when I saw Suicune again. It quickly dashed off towards the east again right as Eusine showed up. He finally realized that Suicune was always found around water and rushed off.

Vermillion hadn't changed at all; it was still the old port town it was three years ago. They haven't even started construction on the lot that was being cleared.

Unfortunately, the Gym hadn't changed either. The stupid trash can puzzle still stood. Yuck. I finally found both switches and got those electric beams out of the way, and Lt. Surge was right there, ready to battle.

First, I have to give thanks for Earthquake. It made this whole Gym a breeze. However, I couldn't help but notice that Lt. Surge had more Pokémon than last time, and they were all more powerful. But they all fell the same way, one solid Earthquake and they were done.

Lt. Surge conceded defeat once again, and re-awarded me the Thunder Badge.

picture.php

After I took care of him, I decided that my next stop would be Saffron, and since it was only around noon, I headed out right then. On the way, I noticed the Underground Path was being blocked off. I didn't really care why, though, so I just kept going.

And finally, I was back in Saffron. Tall buildings, concrete, just like Goldenrod. It even had the Magnet Train building. Speaking of which, I decided to drop in to figure out why it wasn't running. Turns out, the power was off, due to something bad happening at the Kanto Power Plant. It was upsetting, but I didn't know how to help, so I had to leave.

I was about to check out the old Fighting Dojo for some training, but it turns out that it had been abandoned, so I went straight to Sabrina's Gym next door.

It, too, had the same puzzle it used to have. Stupid teleporters, so confusing. I did the same thing I did the first time, just taking random teleporters until I got to Sabrina. She was the same as she was three years ago as well, still opposed to battling.

Shadow Ball was the biggest help in this Gym, by far. All three of her Pokémon were weak to it. Espeon, however, did get a chance to bulk itself up with Calm Mind, so it took two Shadow Balls to take it out. The others, including her FEMALE MR. MIME, went down in one hit.

Sabrina was reluctant, but she gave in and re-awarded me the Marsh Badge.

picture.php

After I beat her, I took the red teleport that they installed recently back to the exit. For nostalgia's sake, I decided I'd stop in at the Silph Co. building and see what they've done with it. Unfortunately, the elevator was out of order due to the electricity problem, so I had to leave.

The day was nearing an end, but it was about five hours until the Gyms closed for the night, so I decided I'd run over to Celadon City, seeing how close to Saffron it is.

In Celadon, nothing much had changed either. I was starting to think that Kanto froze in time while I was away. Since I already knew were everything was, I headed straight for the Gym. No-nonsense me was starting to show itself again.

The old man was still outside, spying on all the women. Disgusting pervert. I entered the Gym, ready to take on the same old thing, but it turns out this Gym HAD changed. There were cut bushes, arches with vines and flowers growing on them, showers of water from hoses, and potted plants everywhere, forming a sort of maze. It wasn't that hard to figure out, but it took me by surprise.

Erika recognized me, and welcomed me back to Kanto. Then she talked a bit about the weather and other things before she realized that I was here for a battle.

BATTLE, START! Her Jumpluff was simple, Meteor Mash and done. Bellossom was the same way; Meteor Mash did everything and more. Victreebel got the rough end of a Zen Headbutt and didn't stand a chance. Finally, her last Pokémon, Tangela, went down from Meteor Mash.

And simple as that, I had re-earned the Rainbow Badge from Erika.

picture.php

I figured that we had done enough for today, and Psycho couldn't agree more. So he and I spent the rest of the day planning out the rest of our assault on Kanto. Tomorrow we'll hit Fuchsia City quickly, and then we'll run back up to Cerulean and take it down. Maybe we'll hit Lavender, but I doubt it.

picture.php

Lil naps

Pirate
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
This is my first challenge,
Game: Ruby(My Favorite)
Pokemon: Ralts
Can i evolve it?

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
This is my first challenge,
Game: Ruby(My Favorite)
Pokemon: Ralts
Can i evolve it?

Yes, evolution is allowed, unless you specifically want to do a no-evolution run with Ralts. However, if you want to evolve it, it's just fine. At least, I'm pretty sure it is. I'm not the official guy here.

I hope it's OK that I'm answering these questions for you, myrrhman. :nervous:

Lil naps

Pirate
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
Can i use my mudkip to train my ralts 2 levels so it can learn an attacking move?
EDIT
also myrrhman i am doing a non-evo run with ralts

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Can i use my mudkip to train my ralts 2 levels so it can learn an attacking move?
EDIT
also myrrhman i am doing a non-evo run with ralts
Yes, you are allowed to use an HM Slave to train your Ralts, as well as to handle the Poochyenas at the beginning of the game, since Ralts doesn't have moves that effect them.
I'll do this, do we only use one pokemon on all regions?
or can we change
Nope, you have to use the same one.

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
I was doing a solo run with Charizard, and I onpleted Kanto.

Now I'm on Johto, I beat Falkner and Spork the Charmeleon is level 16, Timid nature, with the moves:

Ember
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Aerial Ace

(I got the last three moves because they got bred on when I bred the charizard I used to beat Kanto with a Ditto.)

Years
Spoiler:

More Coming Soon.And by soon I mean 5-10 mins.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
After a week of trying to get Soul silver to work i am going to skip it for now and run Emerald with my Aron. So I have already beaten Leaf Green, now im on Emerald <3 I am going to be uploading a hand drawn representation of whats happening in my games so I hope you all look forward to that!

Years
Spoiler:

More coming soon AGAIN :D.

theking6

Water Types!! :D
Years
I entered Norman's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.43
Water Gun
Bite
Tackle
Bubble
I went ahead and beat everybody and went on to Norman. I beat his Slaking with 3 Water Guns. I beat his Vigoroth with 2 Water Guns and his last Slaking with 3.
I left Norman's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.44
Water Gun
Bite
Tackle
Bubble

I entered Winona's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.49
Water Gun
Ice Beam
Surf
Bubble
I beat everybody that I had to and went on to Winona. I beat her Swellow with Ice Beam, and her Pelipper with an Ice Beam and a Water Gun. I beat her Skarmory with an Ice Beam and a Water Gun. I ended up beating her Altaria with an Ice Beam.
I left Winona's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.49
Water Gun
Surf
Ice Beam
Bubble

I entered Liza and Tate's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.52
Blizzard
Surf
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam
I beat everybody that got in my way and faced Liza and Tate. I beat their Lunatone with two surfs but they used a hyper potion on their Solrock so I used Hyper Beam and Surf to beat Solrock.
I left Liza and Tate's gym with:
I entered Liza and Tate's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.54
Blizzard
Surf
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam

I entered Wallace's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.57
Blizzard
Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Once again "I beat everybody and went on to Wallace. I beat his Luvdisc with Earthquake. I beat his Wiscash with Blizzard and Ice Beam. His Sealeo was down with two Earthquakes. One Earthquake for his Seaking. His Milotic was down for the count with one Earthquake.
I left Wallace's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.58
Blizzard
Surf
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam

I entered the Elite Four with:
Blastoise Lv.60
Blizzard
Surf
Ice Beam
Hyper Beam
First up,Sidney. Easy, I beat his Mightyena with Surf. His Cacturn and Shiftry were easy, I just used Ice Beam on them. His Sharpedo took two Earthquakes. And I took out his Absol with Surf.
Second,Phoebe. Kinda easy, I took out her Banette and Dusclops with two Surfs. But her Sableye was harder, it took two Earthquakes. The second Banette took one Surf. Then her last Dusclops took two Surfs.
Next up,Glacia. I lost... Afterwards I stopped and trained for a while.
I re-entered the Elite Four with:
Blastoise Lv.71
Blizzard
Surf
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
This time I beat all of Glacia's pokemon with Earthquake.
Last Elite, Drake. I beat all of Drake's pokemon with Ice Beam except for one of his Flygon which I beat with Hydro Pump.
Champion, Steven. I lost to his Cradily...
Second try, Steven. I beat his Skarmory and Cradily with Ice Beam. Then I beat his Claydol with Hydro Pump. I beat his Armoldo with two Earthquakes. But then I lost to his Metagross...
Third try, Steven. I beat his Skarmory with Surf. His Aggron was down after two Ice Beams. But I lost to his Cradily...
Fourth try, Steven. I beat his Skarmory with Hydro Pump and his Aggron with Ice Beam. I beat his Cradily with Struggle and then lost to his Metagross.
Fifth try, Steven. I beat his Skarmory,Cradily, and Aggron with Hydro Pump. Then I beat his Claydol with Ice Beam. Then I beat his Metagross with two Earthquakes. And then I finally beat his Armaldo with Hydro Pump! I beat the Pokemon League! Again!
I beat the game with:
Blastoise Lv.81
Blizzard
Surf
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
HP:257
Attack:176
Defense:182
Sp. Attack:182
Sp. Defense:200
Speed:176
Pokemon Sapphire, complete!

Last edited:
Years
theking6 congratz but now it's my turn to post!
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back