• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
how long did it take you? my pichu is lvl 32 now...

Don't pay attention to its level. The level up rate in DR is much faster than the original game, that's what make it seems so slow. If you're desperate to know when it'll evolve, just use a tool to view its happiness.

prakhar

flare blitzz
Years
hi i m stuck at millenium city. i defeated the gym leader but dont know what to do next. that girl with blue hair in pokemon center tells us to go with her but i end up outside a house. also i cant find kyogre in poseidon's cave. and i am not able to fly. did i miss something??

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 5, 2015
How do I go back to the dark rising hq? I've just beaten N and I need to relearn some moves.

I used a save state to redo that and just said I was ready right away. Idk why you can't fly

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
hey! just made an account to tell you... badass game!! over the last few months i've been on a pokemon spree, beat every generation from leaf green to black 2. and this rom tops them all! well done, they need to hire you ftw ;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
Hey all, my pokemon won't evolve, I don't know if it's a storyline thing or not, since I haven't left the first town, but my level 50 Bagon wouldn't evolve into Shellgon, I got the message that pops up after hitting the B button (that message that goes ...???) and then the evolution screen disappeared, anyone know what's going on?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey all, my pokemon won't evolve, I don't know if it's a storyline thing or not, since I haven't left the first town, but my level 50 Bagon wouldn't evolve into Shellgon, I got the message that pops up after hitting the B button (that message that goes ...???) and then the evolution screen disappeared, anyone know what's going on?
He? Are you playing DR2?
'cause this is caused by not obtaining National Dex... I don't think it happened in DR1... in DR2 it's the most common bug, though.
Can your other Pokemon evolve?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
cant decide my team >.< any advice?
atm i got:
Salamence
Staraptor
Allakazam
Arcanine
Ferrothorn
Politoed

Pokemon im considering:
Jellicent
Victini
Metagross
Bronzong
Skarmory
Tyranitar

i havent gotten to these ones yet, but im most likely gonna replace Staraptor wit Skarm. what im really considering is removing allak + arcan for Victini and either metagros or bronz, prolly meta. idk tho... i need and electic type in there too >.< lol too many awesome choices!?! my politoed is drizzle so im thinkin of goin for rain team, but im not 100% sure what im doing lol

also... what are the rules in this game? i mean, what generation is the battle rules in, like all fire attacks are special? etc. so gen 3 rules wit gen 5 pokes? need this answer quickly, picking out which nature victini. im thinkin modest, timid or naive. assuming this is gen 3 rules?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2014
after complete gym 7 ... I was been called up to Dark Rising island... I cant back... What should I do?

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
Okay story, but trainers are way too unbalanced and theres barely options to train. Except if youre happy with having to battle 40 pokemon before gaining one level.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
Is there any way for me to get my Eevee to evolve into either an Umbreon or Espeon? I've leveled up like 3 Eevees to level 80 and none have evolved.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Is there any way for me to get my Eevee to evolve into either an Umbreon or Espeon? I've leveled up like 3 Eevees to level 80 and none have evolved.

i believe a moon stone does it, u can buy them for free at one of the first few towns, forgot which :/

Okay story, but trainers are way too unbalanced and theres barely options to train. Except if youre happy with having to battle 40 pokemon before gaining one level.

i guess ur talking to me? but i like this game ALOT because its actually challenging, literally it seems like all the legit pokemon games are faceroll easy for me at least, u can literally grab any pokemon and smash the game with minimal effort/skill. with this game its actually a struggle. then theres the storyline, legit games = written by nine year old? this ones actually interesting... what?! they kidnapped my dad!!?! its on!!!

and a couple tips for anyone playin this game:

1. theres and official walkthru on the first page, dont even have to download, just click the link then click view document.

2. theres a page on all the special evolutions, ie friendship or trade, i cant post the link, but how i found it was googling "pokemon dark rising politoed" second link down.

3 this is the most important and helpful tip, increase the speed on ur emulator for grinding! throw a few exp shares on ur pokes, lead wit ohko poke and grind out a few levels in a couple minutes. easy, only drawback = now playing legit pokemon seems sooo sloooow

oh and u can get xp shares from the starter pokes that are rare finds in nearly all areas

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Sorry if this has been answered already. I am playing on gba4ios on an ipad. My problem is that I am playing DR1 and I can't get past the karate trainer in dragon valley. Every time i go near him the game freezes. I am playing on an ipad so I'm unable to patch it with a new rom, unless there's an ips patcher that I'm unaware of. I've downloaded the (complete rom) at the beginning of this thread but gba4ios won't open it. I got the original rom that I've been playing from coolrom. Is there a fix for this problem without losing my save data?

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Can somebody please tell me what type that dark lugia is and what types can take it down?

Back