• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
congratulations, DJG, your hack came third place...
I was hoping it would come first...
any updates?
There haven't been any for a while.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
quick question >.> althought not sure if it allow to ask but is Beta 4 go through the Elite 4 yet ?

Isavéia

real houndoom
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 8, 2010
Is there some kind of list of the fakemons in this hack ? They're interesting, I must congratulate who designed them. (besides, furruny looks like a normal rabbit for me, but it's cute :] )

The story is a little bit confusing, but I enjoyed playing. And I loved the Saria's song in some forests

Good luck on your hack s2

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Advance Happy New Year everyone...! :D
Hope y'all had a wonderful year, and ready to face a new year. :3

Anyways, small -bad- news, pipz. I've been busy with real life that I didn't notice my little bro downloading/installing games like Tomb Raider and other shooting games, never realizing that he downloaded a virus, and as the day goes by, my computer started to slow until it took 5-7 minutes to even sense a mouse click, and I had no choice but to reformat.

I lost everything including Rescue Rangers remake. Ah well... H2O Turquoise still has the latest beta.

Now onto the replies~

---oOo---​

Um Hi everyone, I'm new here but I've been lurking around the forums since the first ruby Destiny, great work btw DJG but I have a question, I looked at a map in a Pokemon center and now I cant move. I know its a reported bug but is there a way I could get out of it cuz i really do not want to start over

That's a known glitch. Sorry about that~

No! Djg's mean again :D
I missed this feature :D :D

Anyways to stay on topic... Djg do you have in mind how long the next beta will be?

No idea, but hoping it'll be up soon.

I found a wild Bulbasaur right next to Rintah town and I was wondering if it is supposed to be there, not that im complaining lol, nd i completed the beta and I would have to say this is freakin amazing, better than all the games gamefreak/ nintendo made by far. Keep on truckin DJG cannot wait till the next beta is released

Yeah, Bulbasaur's located there. Rare though.
You found one? then lucky you! :D

I decided to add a place where you can get the other starters in some places of the game, though rare.

So it is the last in the series, at least it'll be longer than the other two I presume. I'm guessing you have an ending planned toend them all. (In other words, more sequels would be pointless) Well, it has to end sometime I guess.

On a stupidity note, I just realized I spelled "Charcoalt" "Charcolt" on my LoG Team, I did it on my SS too. Dx

Yeah, the ending will depend on your decisions throughout the game.
Just like in Rescue Rangers, where the ending was a little different depending on who you choose from the 4 guardian dragons.

Oh, well, there's a Name Rater somewhere, though...
Or do you mean your char's name?

I thought I'd post another bug...
f0dac4220e.png

Border error.

Thanks. Do ya mind telling me where that is?

I started playing today! I got a Female Charmander on my first try! o.o

Also...I wonder why my Rival also had Charmander...Shouldn't it be Squirtle? :/

Well, your rival chose a Charmander as his starter as well.

please excuse my ignorance, but how exactly do we use the hack?

Here...

I did enjoy playing the hack. Thanks for answering the question. Also, at the beginning of the game, when you battle the dark orgzanition, why does it say a wild poochyena appeared with a wild pokemon theme instead of dark orgzanition person (or what it usually says when you battle the dark orgzanition ) would like to battle? And then send out poochyena? I am asking this because the dark orgzanition says go poochyena! And the poochyena isn't in the wild. Can someone tell me why it says poochyena is in the wild?

It's suppose to be like that, since I just recycled that "choose your starter" feature of Ruby. Yeah, it's a small bug, but it can't hurt, right? :3

dude best hack of all time. all i gotta say. nice job.

thanks~

First is there a walkthrough that goes through the Entire game? (and isn't a video).

No, not yet.
Notice the pink stone in your starter town?
Yeah, I planned to make those as a guide to help you where to go next. I guess I haven't finished the script yet. It's quite long, plus I lost it after a reformat. -___-

Yaay! I always loved these hacked. :P They're awesome. Keep up the good work. :]

Thanks~

And congratulation DJG. Your hack at the third place of HotY...

Didn't expect to win anything.
Thanks though~ :3

Yeah djg congrats on 3rd place ;)
You really deserved it :)

Hey thanks. :3

Of course he did deserve it!

DJG I'm still mapping that huge map...

Thanks.
And I see. just take your time. No rush~

Oh, and remember to save back-up.
I lost my copy after a reformat. =/

congratulations, DJG, your hack came third place...
I was hoping it would come first...
any updates?
There haven't been any for a while.

So far no updates.
H20 Turquoise is currently mapping the rest of the places in LoG.

Oh, and thanks~ ;)

Djg's busy so we can't expect lots of updates...

Yah... College is a REAL killer even on holidays. -___-

quick question >.> althought not sure if it allow to ask but is Beta 4 go through the Elite 4 yet ?

No. The current beta only ends on the 5th badge.
Oh, and there won't be an Elite 4 in the game. :P

Is there some kind of list of the fakemons in this hack ? They're interesting, I must congratulate who designed them. (besides, furruny looks like a normal rabbit for me, but it's cute :] )

The story is a little bit confusing, but I enjoyed playing. And I loved the Saria's song in some forests

Good luck on your hack s2

No list for the time being, but most fakemons I used in the game were sprited by Samson here on PokéCommunity.
Others are made by other spriters.

Yeah, the story is indeed a bit confusing, and I intend to keep it that way until you learn to arrange the story as you progress through the game~

Thanks~

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Oh my... DJG do you want me to send you a copy now? I'll be sure to backup, really :)

And once again, the day is saved! Thanks to... me! XD

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Anyways, small -bad- news, pipz. I've been busy with real life that I didn't notice my little bro downloading/installing games like Tomb Raider and other shooting games, never realizing that he downloaded a virus, and as the day goes by, my computer started to slow until it took 5-7 minutes to even sense a mouse click, and I had no choice but to reformat.
I lost everything including Rescue Rangers remake. Ah well... H2O Turquoise still has the latest beta.
Oh... bad bro :/
At least water is our savior but I feel bad about RR :/
Well hope everything's gonna be good soon :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Aw, that sucks djg. :( Thank goodness for Turquoise having the latest beta, huh? :D; Well, at least now you don't have to start all over.

Anyway, good luck~

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
I feel bad

Aw man. I thought you were going to have to start all over to beta 1. Its a good thing H20 Turquoise had it for backup. Well anyway, you could've just downloaded Norton for your computer. It can find computer viruses. You just should've downloaded that on your computer. Hope you finish soon!

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
Ummm.... Welll.... It seems like Felinar is a rare pokemon right? Well I just found it walking in the grass... and its the 2nd pokemon I found in the whole game... N

edit: NVM LOL saw what happened next

NatureKeeper

Hope y'all had a wonderful year, and ready to face a new year. :3

Now onto the replies~

Oh man..

You should have used the Anti-Virus...

You lost a script...

Life of Guardians + Rescue Rangers...

I wanted the new and improved Rescue Rangers... Oh well..

Years
This hack looks so good, maybe your best yet but most of all what i love about it is the encounters with legendary pokemon, which brings me to my next question is gabrieleon a legendary or just another fakemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back