• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Kind of Pokeball?

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Basing on catch rate + usefulness, the Master Ball (Obvious much?). But outside of that, Dusk Balls are great for Legendary Pokemon, since most reside in caves. Quick Balls can work for Roaming Pokemon when they're already wounded up and asleep. And that's all that I'd say as useful Poke Balls, at least for me.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
my favourite type of pokeball is the heal ball..due to it healing the pokemon caught in it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
For usefulness, I find Dusk Balls the best, since I almost always play at night. For looks etc, I like Cherish Balls 'cause they're all rainbow when the Pokémon is released :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I just love the look of the original balls. Besides, no-one in the anime or anything uses poke balls other than the originals so I try to catch Pokemon in original balls as much as I can. If not the original then I'd go with Cherish Balls because they look all posh and stylish.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Appearance-wise I really like the Luxury Ball and the Premier Ball. As for usefulness, I'd say the Repeat Ball. It just comes in real handy when there's a swarm of Skitty in Emerald, if you know what I mean ;D.

Agastya

Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
If I have the luxury to do so, I prefer to capture things in balls that match their body color.

After that, Great Balls and Premier Balls are nice.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Where it stands right now, my favorite kind of Pokeballs are Net Balls, Dusk Balls, and Quick Balls. Why? I've caught Kyogre with a Net Ball, I've caught quite a few Legendaries with Dusk Balls, such as Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit, and I've caught Thundurus with a Quick Ball, full health and everything. I couldn't believe it XD

ScubaDouch3

Ice-Type Lover
Years
I play the game most often during the night time, so I've found that the Dusk Ball has been the most useful for me. I think basically every legendary that I've caught (even the roaming ones) have been in Dusk Balls, and I usually stock up with 20 or 30 of them at the first possible time I get access to them. I do also like the Master Ball, but it takes away any challenge of catching a Pokemon, so I just reserve them for any random Shiny Pokemon I might find.

Geez... this is almost exactly what I was gonna say!

On a side note, I've always found Heal Balls completely useless, just go heal your pokemon at a Center. Oh, and Premier Balls are my favorite when it comes to design, there's just something sexy about them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I think Dream Balls and Cherish Balls look lovely! Premier Balls look very sleek and stylish, too.

On effect however, I would say Master Ball, but due to their limited availability I'd have to say I enjoy the strength of the Dusk Ball, but I'm actually not too keen on its appearance.

So it's Dream Balls for me, since the Cherish Ball "opening" effect can sometimes be a bit much.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
My favourite type of Pokeball is the Pokeball. I prefer to keep my captures plain and simple and I refuse to catch Pokemon with anything but a Pokeball. I've managed to catch Virizion, Cobalion and Terrakion along with Zekrom in Pokeballs.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
I'm not sure why, but I really like the Premier Ball. When I first got it in Saphire, I didn't know how I had gotten it so I thought I was special xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I honestly like the pokeball the best! I like its simple design.

Besides that, I love the dusk ball. So stylish~

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Based on usefulness definitely the Dusk Ball and Quick Ball :3.The Dusk Ball was amazing catching stubborn Pokemon at night or those that lurked in caves.It was also helpful catching Pokemon without using a move by chucking a Quick Ball which almost always caught it.

Design wise,I think I honestly love the simple Pokeball and Dive Ball.The Pokeball,it might not be the best at catching,but it's design was so simple yet effective :D. And the Dive Ball,the ocean engraved on it was amazing :3.

Stole the words out of my keyboard.

ZettaSlowbro

Veteran
Years
Based off design I like the Cherish Ball and Premier Ball the most, closely followed by the Luxury Ball.

Besides, no-one in the anime or anything uses poke balls other than the originals
That by the way is not true.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
My most favourite and most effective ball would Definitely be the Dusk Ball. I mostly play at night and therefore mostly catch pokemon at night, so this is The ball for me. :D This is very closely followed by the Quick Ball, as my team is quite high-levelled and a single hit would instantly KO any wild pokemon lols. Just a quick Quick Ball and I don't have to worry about battling and fainting it. (Y)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Dive Ball, all because of TwilightBlade and her obsession with them. Whenever I caught a Pokémon she'd always tell me to do it in a Dive Ball so I learnt to love them haha, fun times! I also love Heavy Balls because they're awesome at catching a lot of stuff and Net Balls have a cool animation ♥

Years
I like the classic pokeball. It's simple, nice, and I like consistency in terms of what my team is caught in, so pokeballs tend to be the way to go. Other than a pokeball, I like premier balls since they're just cool looking :D

Back