• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hi everyone, I've been experimenting for a while and also have been meddling with almost every aspect of ROM hacking. Almost a month ago I recorded all Kanto's and Johto's pokemon anime cries (mostly by downloading anime episodes and extracting the sound samples) and replaced the rom cries with them. I want to make of this ROM an awesome adventure for anyone who wants to experience Pokemon world in some sort of more anime-ish way. ANYWAY, now that I'm satisfied with my results so far, I was wondering if its possible to insert animated or moving Pokemon sprites like the ones used in DS versions (sprites.pokecheck(DOT)org/?gen=1) into an emerald based ROM hack. It would look AWESOME, my pokemon would just come to life. The reason I'm asking this is because I've noticed that emerald sprites are already slightly animated and the sprites have several frames. So, could it be done in any way? Reducing those DS sprites to 64x64 and importing them into the ROM using a program that will keep the animation intact? Is there any theoretical way of doing this? I tried looking for similar answers before asking, but results were to ambiguous. ANY HELP is a blessing to me. Even if the answer is NO. THANK YOU ALL :)

It is possible to animate the sprites with further frames, however, last I heard, the animation needs to stop for the battles to move on.
You can find out more about the research on this thread.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=223078

------------------

@Airikita, It might sound unrelated but I think it may be somewhat related... but, how did you make Falkner's Pidgeot shiny?

I forced the shiny status for all Pokemon... I might get rid of it, I'm still testing.

Why would you think it's related?

That is interesting: having a shiny PKMN in an NPC's PKMN party.
Is it possible to do so in a 3rd gen hack?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Weird bug with the first forest in my hack (it replaces viridian forest): Whenever I try to use a certain warp in there, it resets my game. I've found out how to fix it, but it's not exactly a great solution. When I just enter the warp like this:
aUhcAWg.png

The game resets. But when I walk in on the side first, it works perfectly fine:
sI2Un9H.png

Anyone have any idea what's causing this? I have all warping right as this is working in other locations, i've tried using different warps to fix it, the problem still persists though.

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
Hi, i don't get it.
my script have a checkflag & setflag at the end.
I double check my script and it seems fine. I put a green script on a-map
and change var number to 4050 then unknown to 0300. But the script keeps repeating when I step on it?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Weird bug with the first forest in my hack (it replaces viridian forest): Whenever I try to use a certain warp in there, it resets my game. I've found out how to fix it, but it's not exactly a great solution. When I just enter the warp like this:
aUhcAWg.png

The game resets. But when I walk in on the side first, it works perfectly fine:
sI2Un9H.png

Anyone have any idea what's causing this? I have all warping right as this is working in other locations, i've tried using different warps to fix it, the problem still persists though.

try removing the patches of grass beside the warp tiles.

Hi, i don't get it.
my script have a checkflag & setflag at the end.
I double check my script and it seems fine. I put a green script on a-map
and change var number to 4050 then unknown to 0300. But the script keeps repeating when I step on it?

post your script + question in the script help thread.
also...the unknown should be 0003.

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
try removing the patches of grass beside the warp tiles.

post your script + question in the script help thread.
also...the unknown should be 0003.

Okay, I'll change it. I did post the script, but no one seemed to notice it. lol

EDIT: I changed it to 0003 but it still repeats.
I post the script in the script and help thread.

Last edited:

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Can anyone send me the charizard and venusaur sprites from firered and leafgreen that are in the intro, like the ones that are under "Pokemon FireRed" text and "Pokemon LeafGreen" text? Not the game sprites, intro.
Thanks, PokéMew

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015

That is interesting: having a shiny PKMN in an NPC's PKMN party.
Is it possible to do so in a 3rd gen hack?

Yeah... it's not a real shiny. False shiny. Even regular Pokemon will appear shiny.

I used the section of code to force perfect DV/IV stats.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Is there any evloution editors for gba? I found one but all the versions i downloaded of it said that some file is missing or something like that..

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
Is there any evloution editors for gba? I found one but all the versions i downloaded of it said that some file is missing or something like that..

if it says that it's missing either a .dll or a .ocx file, it's not the fault of the editor ;)
then it's your windows missing a file in its register.
there are lots of tutorials on the internet for this, google is your friend ^^

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
if it says that it's missing either a .dll or a .ocx file, it's not the fault of the editor ;)
then it's your windows missing a file in its register.
there are lots of tutorials on the internet for this, google is your friend ^^

What's wrong with my windows then.. :o This isn't the first time it's missing some .dll files.. But thank you.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years

Use yape, it isnt missing comdlg32 and comtlg32 and stuff like that and it also edits alot more helpful things:)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I have heard you can do a splitscreen co-op LP with someone over the internet on VBA. How do I do this?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Hey guys, I figured out how to fix the skill-less trainer Pokemon error:
FalknerPidgeotSkillsHACK_zps46214431.png

I had to do some digging for it... plus some research. There was a procedure missing from the Trainer asm where the Wild Pokemon asm script had it.

I managed to inject the code with no weird side-effects. Although, I expect maybe some form of weird side-effect... what I'm not sure... Oh well, I'll have to find out!

The script/asm is only loaded when the Pokemon is sent out... so, it doesn't seem like it's something that will cause any other "known" issues. The values get stored, and not reset, however...

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
Thank you very much. I will proceed with my testings. :D It's ambitious but someday I hope it turns out well.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Lol sorry for spamming here, i found a rival team editor for gen1, is there something like that for gen3 etc. ?

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
There is. But not exactly just for rivals.
Tools for example are PET or A-trainer and to change rival's starter
by using A-Starter. (A = Advance)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
There is. But not exactly just for rivals.
Tools for example are PET or A-trainer and to change rival's starter
by using A-Starter. (A = Advance)

I tried PET and i tried to change rival's champion team and it shows some really weird pokemons in it's team... im really confused

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 26, 2019
try 0300. that is done most of the time.

104kj2e.jpg

Still froze...

EDIT:
>:(
Okay. Compile the script, assign it to a script tile (green with an S) and not a person.
Now test it in the ROM. Then look at this spoiler.
Spoiler:
It works now...

Last edited:

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
104kj2e.jpg

Still froze...

When my bro was still in the ROM Hacking scene, he was using FireRed, and I was the one teaching him scripting.
Anyway, we usually use 0003 as the unknown value and 4050 as the var number.

In which part of the script does your event freeze?
Or does it freeze at the very moment you step on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back