• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Wii U Discontinues...

Lindblum

you're not alone
Years
You can say the same thing with the Wii U. Don't call me an idiot.

Why not? Mario still has the great level design for every one and challenge for the core gamers, and Pikmin 3 is still tense and fresh with great strategy. You got Wonderful 101 which is puely for core gamers, and ZombiU brought back survival horror that these "core gamers" love. Sonic Lost World brings back classic hardcore level design, and Wind Waker, popular with the "core gamers", got a remake. Then you got to new Zeldas, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and various third party.

Just make it quick and say it's the kiddy image, which "core gamers" are stupid for thinking that.

I never did either, don't pull a strawman argument. The Wii is my favorite console.

Stop repeating what you said and provide evidence.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2013/11/10/nintendo-could-be-forced-to-discontinue-the-wii-u/
First result, blaming Nintendo for not making it another Wii and targeting the casual market.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672165
Most posts (all) backing me up with the lack of advertising and blaming the name. Some are blaming the lack of games, but now that settled down after Mario 3D World.

For goodness sake, the Wii U has added NOTHING revolutionary and that is why it has failed. So what it has a touch screen? Any crappy phone you can buy for £30 has touch screen. Touch screen is such an old feature, it doesn't get people excited or intrigued like it did when the DS first came out which was, again YEARS ago. The Wii U is pulling old features out that people are so used to they just don't create that same excitement anymore.

Most of these games that you have listed are Nintendos own brand of games. People have seem them before, and they're all similar to what they've played before. Don't get me wrong, the games are good. But they're not DIFFERENT. They need to be different and fresh to get people excited about owning and playing them. Pikmin 3 is nice, but Pikmin has been done. Donkey Kong has been done. Yes I think these games should come out as its nice to see series continuing but its the fact that theres nothing new coming to the table.

If you'd have read, I didn't say that you implied that you didn't like the Wii, I was refering to you thinking that was what I had said when it definitely was not. Please learn to read. What evidence do you want? Do you want me to go ask everyone in the whole world who did not buy a Wii U and get them to sign a confession?

That article is talking about the Xbox One using motion controls like the Wii targetted at casual gamers, I don't see it referring to the Wii U specifically under those circumstances unless you can point that out to me?

As I said and you didn't read, while the name may be part of it, the games are a bigger part. And they have said that also. ONE game will not turn the fate of the Wii U. As much as you wish it would.

"VGChartz is not credible at all. Don't trust that site. " - If you are going to quote forum posts, then you are not fit to deem this credible or not, I think?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
For goodness sake, the Wii U has added NOTHING revolutionary and that is why it has failed. So what it has a touch screen? Any crappy phone you can buy for £30 has touch screen. Touch screen is such an old feature, it doesn't get people excited or intrigued like it did when the DS first came out which was, again YEARS ago. The Wii U is pulling old features out that people are so used to they just don't create that same excitement anymore.
What revolutionary thing did the PS4 and Xbox One do? Nothing. So why are they selling?

Most of these games that you have listed are Nintendos own brand of games. People have seem them before, and they're all similar to what they've played before. Don't get me wrong, the games are good. But they're not DIFFERENT. They need to be different and fresh to get people excited about owning and playing them. Pikmin 3 is nice, but Pikmin has been done. Donkey Kong has been done. Yes I think these games should come out as its nice to see series continuing but its the fact that theres nothing new coming to the table.
Sigh. Wondeful 101? ZombiU?
And why does it matter if it has done before. You can't complain that there's no game, and then when someomne shows you the game, you shouldn't complain that "THEY'RE THE SAME"

If you'd have read, I didn't say that you implied that you didn't like the Wii, I was refering to you thinking that was what I had said when it definitely was not. Please learn to read.
...I never said you said that. Don't pull a strawman.

That article is talking about the Xbox One using motion controls like the Wii targetted at casual gamers, I don't see it referring to the Wii U specifically under those circumstances unless you can point that out to me?
The article is stupid anyway, but the way they phrased it by saying they're "stealing" their "core market" isn't good enough for you?
As I said and you didn't read, while the name may be part of it, the games are a bigger part. And they have said that also. ONE game will not turn the fate of the Wii U. As much as you wish it would.
The other thread, everyone is admitting that the Wii U has more and better games than the PS4. What now?
"VGChartz is not credible at all. Don't trust that site. " - If you are going to quote forum posts, then you are not fit to deem this credible or not, I think?
You asked me to Google and I got what I got. NeoGAF is a respected website, VGChartz is well know for being a scam. It's way different.

Also, since you're just being absolutely repetitive in your arguments, pulling a strawman here and there and resorting to name calling, I don't see any reason to argue any further. Sorry, but you can have fun at the thought of being on my ignore list from now on.

Lindblum

you're not alone
Years
Wow, you're blocking me because our opinions differ? I'd hate to meet you in real life. o.O; Also hun, you have just picked through your own faults. Repeating the truth has no sins; if it's the truth, then it's the truth. You can't twist the truth unless you lie. If you can't argue, then please don't attempt it. And if you keep throwing the same questions at me, then I can do nothing more than repeat what I've just said. I can't see any name calling, just someone who no longer has any arguments and has given in, and doesn't read the whole of someones posts.

Also the Wii U needs help. /on topic.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Um, this thing has escalated...quickly.
Please gang, if you're debating, please avoid personal attacks, okay? @_@ Thanks. Annd let's get back on topic and be more caaalm~

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
VGChartz is not credible at all. Don't trust that site.
Is this link more credible? I've come prepared for these type of sources: http://playeressence.com/video-wii-u-and-3ds-sales-skyrocket-in-japan-media-createfamitsu/

Also the Wii U needs help. /on topic.
Check the article I've linked, it really doesn't really need help at the moment. By the time 2014 rolls in, we'll have Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Yarn Yoshi, the Xenoblade sequel, Miyamoto's new IP, Bayonetta 2, SSB4, the two upcoming Zelda titles, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, and possibly other Wii U titles Nintendo will announce in their upcoming directs. Nintendo is still the king of gaming.

Lindblum

you're not alone
Years
Is this link more credible? I've come prepared for these type of sources: http://playeressence.com/video-wii-u-and-3ds-sales-skyrocket-in-japan-media-createfamitsu/

Check the article I've linked, it really doesn't really need help at the moment. By the time 2014 rolls in, we'll have Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Yarn Yoshi, the Xenoblade sequel, Miyamoto's new IP, Bayonetta 2, SSB4, the two upcoming Zelda titles, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, and possibly other Wii U titles Nintendo will announce in their upcoming directs. Nintendo is still the king of gaming.

Thanks for the link, that's interesting to know. :)

That might just be the help it needs then. The Wii U doesn't just need one good game, it needs a good, round after round of good interesting games to get people interested again. That's how the 3DS did it and if they try really hard, this is how they'll get back in the driving seat. They just need to focus and do it right because while they can handle discontinuing a console, it certainly won't look good on them.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Eh...from a retail standpoint:

My store alone has sold more Wii U's than either of the other new Gen systems. Granted both are a little more reserved than the Wii U, never before have we had this much trouble keeping the Wii U in stock. The past month we've sold around 500 Wii Us which was our entire Christmas Stock, while we still have 30 Xbox Ones last time I was at work (2 days ago) We've had Xbox ones since Black Friday. Normally we get requests to transport them to other stores in the region if they run low but it seems as if the same thing is happening to all the stores in our region.

I don't think I've seen Nintendo sell out more than the other gaming consoles before. Their sales, at least in my area have picked up tremendously since October. All the systems tend to not have a lot of worthwhile games at the beginning. Even the 3DS had an incredibly slow start.

I don't see the Wii U discontinuing until the next gen model is released.

Wazee Wynkoop

New Start!
Years
Smash Bros 4 should do a good job in revitalizing Wii U sales. If Wind Waker could raise sales in the UK by nearly 700%, Smash should be able to do even better.
And I do think the Wii U will come into its own like the 3DS did, but I don't think it'll ever reach the success the PS4 and XBone are projected to achieve. I mean, they both sold more units on their launch days than the Wii U did in a year.

What this could mean for Nintendo, it's hard to say. I think saying they're headed towards becoming another Sega is extreme, but it's not a preposterous claim either, depending on how its sales over the next few years plays out.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
I've been to the local Media Markt yesterday, customers asked me what 'Wii game' they recommend me, which works with 'the screen controller'.
The Wii U has a similar name to the Wii, and the Console alone looks similar to the Wii too.

So why should they get a very expensive Wii U, while their current Wii still works?
Besides, it's The Netherlands, where Mod Chips and Flash Cards are massively used by everyone, and yet are prohibited by law.
Because it's the country where a € 50,- meal with friends at the McDonald's is more affordable, than a € 5,- Laptop Mouse.

Back