• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Move Resource Thread

Trainer 781

The move freezes when it's executed. Also targeting 2 isn't very good, because in single battles you can pick the opponent which isn't ideal.

It isn't good but this scheme is capable of selecting any bank individually. There does not exist a scheme similar to accupressure in gen 3. I do not not have the knowledge of hscking targetting scheme. So the first asm is written to rectify the target e.g in a single battle if you select the enemy the target is readjusted to the user i.e. if you select the enemy as the target accupressure would still work on the user.

And tell me, when it is freezing? After the attack name is announced or before? I'll look into it.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
It isn't good but this scheme is capable of selecting any bank individually. There does not exist a scheme similar to accupressure in gen 3. I do not not have the knowledge of hscking targetting scheme. So the first asm is written to rectify the target e.g in a single battle if you select the enemy the target is readjusted to the user i.e. if you select the enemy as the target accupressure would still work on the user.

And tell me, when it is freezing? After the attack name is announced or before? I'll look into it.

Ah okay, I didn't realise that's what the first ASM did because of the freezing. I assumed it was for double battles. I don't entirely remember what moves occur in Gen III but surely there must be one that you can only use on yourself or your partner? This would be helpful in creating Aromatic Mist too.

The move name doesn't even come up. It freezes before that.
It could just be my assembler acting up, I'll double check it as well.

Trainer 781

Ah okay, I didn't realise that's what the first ASM did because of the freezing. I assumed it was for double battles. I don't entirely remember what moves occur in Gen III but surely there must be one that you can only use on yourself or your partner? This would be helpful in creating Aromatic Mist too.

The move name doesn't even come up. It freezes before that.
It could just be my assembler acting up, I'll double check it as well.

I rechecked and reassembled the ASM statement on a Fire Red 1.0 ROM, and it was running perfectly. If there is some problem while setting the move in your ROM, then I can send you the direct compiled hex codes.

Actually, acupressure is the only 1 move out of 619 moves that uses this unique targeting scheme and since this was from Gen IV it was not coded in the GBA. Aromatic Mist only can target an ally pokemon (similar to helping hand) (Source: Bulbapedia).

MrDollSteak

Years
I rechecked and reassembled the ASM statement on a Fire Red 1.0 ROM, and it was running perfectly. If there is some problem while setting the move in your ROM, then I can send you the direct compiled hex codes.

Actually, acupressure is the only 1 move out of 619 moves that uses this unique targeting scheme and since this was from Gen IV it was not coded in the GBA. Aromatic Mist only can target an ally pokemon (similar to helping hand) (Source: Bulbapedia).

Okay well that's fair enough then, I didn't realise exactly how it worked.

Okay well I'll look at Helping Hand's code to try and make that then. Never used the move in XY so I assumed it was User / Ally.

I feel like when compiling to the rom it probably messed up a bx or b. I've noticed that when using KK552's compiler if it goes from 9000F2 to 900100 the branches sometimes mess up. I'll just recompile them.

Trainer 781

Okay well that's fair enough then, I didn't realise exactly how it worked.

Okay well I'll look at Helping Hand's code to try and make that then. Never used the move in XY so I assumed it was User / Ally.

I feel like when compiling to the rom it probably messed up a bx or b. I've noticed that when using KK552's compiler if it goes from 9000F2 to 900100 the branches sometimes mess up. I'll just recompile them.

I suggest using hackmew's thumb assembler with command line, it is very good.

Years
I've updated the OP, and also renamed the thread so it isn't so limited in what can be posted. I've also sorted the moves that don't require new effects, with the move that they can use the effect of already.

MrDollSteak

Years
I've updated the OP, and also renamed the thread so it isn't so limited in what can be posted. I've also sorted the moves that don't require new effects, with the move that they can use the effect of already.

Loving the renovation! You can probably delete some of the move effects up there that I've since redone, eg. Growth, Quiver Dance, Hone Claws etc.

I'm also going to post some updated Fang effects, using the 'may cause flinch' move effect slot, so the AI uses them better.

------------------------------------------------

In the mean time I have some animations to post!

Flower Shield
Spoiler:

Rototiller
Spoiler:

Sticky Web
Spoiler:

Years
Here are some more animations for Emerald:
Giga Impact:
Spoiler:

Rock Climb:
Spoiler:

Flame Charge:
Spoiler:

Fire Fang:
Spoiler:

Close Combat:
Spoiler:

Focus Blast:
Spoiler:

Aqua Jet:
Spoiler:

Aqua Tail:
Spoiler:

Air Slash (I know I didn't use the Slash animation, that's because it looks extremely ugly in Gen 3, and because Cut resembles the DS Air Slash better):
Spoiler:

Hurricane:
Spoiler:

Energy Ball:
Spoiler:

Petal Storm:
Spoiler:

Leaf Storm:
Spoiler:

Acid Spray:
Spoiler:

Gunk Shot:
Spoiler:

And, can I suggest some improvements to the organisation of this thread? Firstly, divide the animations up into Ruby, Emerald and FireRed animations, as Ruby and Sapphire animations might not be cross compatible due to pointer issues and Sapphire is rarely hacked anyways. Secondly, choose the animations based on how closely they resemble their 5th/6th gen counterparts instead of allowing multiple versions of the same animation to proliferate. Thirdly, with the permission of the hackers, put the animation bytes themselves into the first post rather than linking to the post containing the bytes. Lastly, set aside a section aside for particle replacements and attacks that require new particles. Divide this section up into two portions, one where for replacements for existing particles (easily done using UnLZ), and one for moves that require new particles altogether (more difficult, requires hex knowledge as well as repointing/expansion of the particle table).

Last edited:
Years
Here's some more animations:
Poison Jab (based off the FireRed one in 4th&5th gen. Move Resources):
Spoiler:

Discharge:
Spoiler:

Bulldoze:
Spoiler:

Earth Power:
Spoiler:

Psycho Cut:
Spoiler:

Zen Headbutt:
Spoiler:

Avalanche:
Spoiler:

Ice Fang:
Spoiler:

As usual, all of them are for Emerald.
And here are some updated particles:
Fly Sprite:
Spoiler:

Edit: Removed the new Fire Sprites. Added them in a different post.

Last edited:
Years
And, can I suggest some improvements to the organisation of this thread? Firstly, divide the animations up into Ruby, Emerald and FireRed animations, as Ruby and Sapphire animations might not be cross compatible due to pointer issues and Sapphire is rarely hacked anyways.
This is a good idea, but I really don't think dividing Ruby and Sapphire is worth it as Sapphire is hacked so rarely that any posts that are for it will almost definitely specify that.
Secondly, choose the animations based on how closely they resemble their 5th/6th gen counterparts instead of allowing multiple versions of the same animation to proliferate.
While this is a good idea in practice, it would undoubtedly cause a lot of drama and would take a lot of time to test each one individually and then compare with the official one; it's far easier to simply give the user the choice of multiple options if they are unsatisfied. It also removes any subjectivity from the thread, which, again, can help avoid drama and the likes.
However, it might be worth adding a line to the OP asking people to include screenshots or .gifs showing the animation so that people can get a better feel for what they're adding before they do.
Thirdly, with the permission of the hackers, put the animation bytes themselves into the first post rather than linking to the post containing the bytes.
I really, really don't want to do this, because it's just a really shaky way of doing things, because if just one byte is changed, the OP will be completely outdated, whereas linking to posts means that edits will always be kept and the OP will thus be up to date more often - it's not like clicking the posts takes that much more time anyway, so I don't really see why this is such an issue.
Lastly, set aside a section aside for particle replacements and attacks that require new particles. Divide this section up into two portions, one where for replacements for existing particles (easily done using UnLZ), and one for moves that require new particles altogether (more difficult, requires hex knowledge as well as repointing/expansion of the particle table).
This is another great suggestion, I'll get to doing it soon. For now, I'm going to just add your contributions in the old format of the thread, but I will get around to revamping the thread layout (again) to fit your suggestions.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
I really, really don't want to do this, because it's just a really shaky way of doing things, because if just one byte is changed, the OP will be completely outdated, whereas linking to posts means that edits will always be kept and the OP will thus be up to date more often

I agree completely, and on that note I'd once again recommend removing all the codes that are currently in the OP that I (11bayerf1 or MrDollSteak) made, because I have either already fixed it, or someone else has, or I plan on fixing it.

On that note, here is an updated Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang Battle Script.

Spoiler:

I've also added Acid Spray to this post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8361409&postcount=115
It hooks into the same battle script as Fiery Dance and Charge Beam, so you may want to ammend that in the OP thanks!

Last edited:
Years
I agree completely, and on that note I'd once again recommend removing all the codes that are currently in the OP that I (11bayerf1 or MrDollSteak) made, because I have either already fixed it, or someone else has, or I plan on fixing it.

On that note, here is an updated Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang Battle Script.

Spoiler:

I've also added Acid Spray to this post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8361409&postcount=115
It hooks into the same battle script as Fiery Dance and Charge Beam, so you may want to ammend that in the OP thanks!

Done!

The only effect bytes that are still left inline are that of pawell6's and itari's, so if you guys could either repost the respective codes or give me permission to remove them from the OP that'd be appreciated!

MrDollSteak

Years
Done!

The only effect bytes that are still left inline are that of pawell6's and itari's, so if you guys could either repost the respective codes or give me permission to remove them from the OP that'd be appreciated!

I'm going to post an updated Flare Blitz here that uses Double-Edge's battle script (198), it will also unthaw the user when used, which I don't think Jambo's does.

I'm not 100% sure on Pawell6's and itari's. I don't know about permissions but I'll write up a BSP version of their moves, apart from the really buggy ones like U-Turn and Dragon Tail because those'll likely need ASM.

EDIT: It seems that to unthaw, you need battle script 125, so I'll hook Flare Blitz into that instead. The AI may not realise it has recoil, but I feel that being able to unfreeze the user is more significant.

Flare Blitz for FireRed

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Trainer 781

1. Crush Grip: Just use the callasm statement after the announcement of attack and before the damage calculation.
Spoiler:

2. Topsy Turvy
Spoiler:

3. Final Gambit:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
4. Elemental Fangs (alternate method) - This uses the random function to select the flinch or (burn,paralyse,freeze) effect. This code executes fire fang.
Spoiler:

The problem with this implementation is that it can't select both. The fang moves can flinch and cause status at the same time, which this code doesn't allow for.

Trainer 781

Oh, I didn't realize this. Then this implementation is not needed.

Years
Yeah no problem. I posted something on Chaos Rush's thread about that so might wanna check that out. Also I honestly don't have my BG tilemaps anymore sadly, but I can still add the moves if you want.

Fusion Flare/Blue Flare I probably messed up a pointer while copying it over. I'll take a look again.
Lunar Dance - Like this?
Spoiler:

Iron Head - Aight
Head Smash - Lol okay it kinda just made sense to me you know head...smash...headbutt...hehe
Grass Knot - I realize that xD I'll think of something if someone doesn't first
Ominous Wind - I couldn't figure out how to change the pallete of the redness
Spoiler:

Poison Jab - I just didn't think a normal punch or karate chop looked all that great :P
LCCool95, The way to change the redness is to change the 06 00 06 00 1F 00 to 06 00 06 00 XX XX and the 06 02 06 00 1F 00 to 06 02 06 00 XX XX, XX XX referring to the purple color in reverse hex.

Sorry guys, If I haven't updated the thread for a while I was busy with other things (aka watching SNK). LOL

Just finished updating the main post! Now make more of those awesome effect and animations. :3

Also here's a better Ominous Wind animation. :3

Ominous Wind - Shadowraze (I just basically took Heat Wave's Animation and then added the backgroundd color and made it purple the one just like in Giga Drain. :3
Spoiler:

Also, lately I've been making a documentation of the pallete used in the particles here's the current list that I have. :3

Palletes
Spoiler:
The proper way to change the redness is to change the 06 00 06 00 1F 00 to 06 00 06 00 XX XX and the 06 02 06 00 1F 00 to 06 02 06 00 XX XX, XX XX referring to the purple color in reverse hex.

Years
Some Ruby animations:
Flame Charge:
Spoiler:

Night Slash:
Spoiler:

Water Shuriken:
Spoiler:

Fire Fang:
Spoiler:

Dragon Pulse:
Spoiler:

Seed Bomb:
Spoiler:

Drain Punch:
Spoiler:

Ice Fang:
Spoiler:

Energy Ball:
Spoiler:

Since I'm not hacking Ruby anymore, I'm not going to support these, but if any of you want to, you can use these in any way you want.

MrDollSteak

Years
I've finally gotten around to making U-turn and Volt Switch for Fire Red through Battle Script Pro, which has removed the bugs from the original code!

U-Turn and Volt Switch

Spoiler:

I've also finally gotten my Miracle Eye implementation for Fire Red written up.
This uses the same move effect as Foresight (113)

Miracle Eye

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back