• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
:X I've been waiting for a good RP to jump in. I'm too lazy(READ: Busy) to make my own. In the meantime... I'll return to lurking.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
AHHHHHHHGHGHGHG. Awwwwww. Darn, I Am making something just like this only different, so i guess I won't do it since u had the idea first.
EDIT: You know what I don't think it's that much like it, Ill send you a copy of mine ~Kon. When I'm done and if it's too much like yours I won't do it.

Gaaaah! I'm so sorry *bows* *bows*

I've been sitting on this RP for a while, so I didn't mean to whip it out while yours was on it's way D:

EDIT: I've posted it, Red, if you want to take a look :p

Last edited:
Years
I got a cool idea for a RP and it's basically you roleplaying as a Trainer with a Pokemon team. So you get to write in perspective of the Trainer him/herself and the Pokemon he/she owns themselves. Has this idea been taken? I haven't seen this anyway, so I just thought I could use. If it has been announced that it's been 'reserved' or thought of, I could wait for another time to post it up if it's ok with everyone.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
Oop... I tried posting an OOC thread for +Pokéma and it timed out, so I tried again and it said I'd already posted... but the thread's not showing up. What do?! D:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Just posting to say that I added a rule about thread revival (you can (and should!) read it in the RULES thread).

When one month or more has passed since the last post in an RP or OOC thread, only the GM may post and revive it. If two or more months has passed, nobody may post. The thread by then really is dead by PC standards. If you realize you still want to play that RP, you better make a new one instead.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2012
Alright, I'm not new to roleplaying but I'm definitely new to Pokémon roleplaying, and I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring out how to properly involve myself in the roleplays that are going on right now. The interesting ones seem to be too far ahead for me to effectively jump into the action, and the rest don't really appeal to me that much. Anyone got suggestions on roleplays I could take a look at that accept newcomers?

By the way, the kind of roleplay I enjoy is where the players are trainers, not Pokémon (Mystery Dungeon style).

Hopefully it's not a bother - I just feel really lost going through all the threads and trying to find something I can really participate in. ^^;;

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well, Aurora Borealis looks interesting to me, maybe you should try to sign up for that last spot?

Or Isshu Diaries, which looks like it will be fun. You'll have to compete for the spots with the other potential players there.

I think there are two open spots in the Johto's New League RP. I'm a player there as well. It's solid but slow-moving.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh well. When I posted that, the first post still said there was a spot open.

I think you can afford to be picky. There are new RPs opening up every other day. Some are bound to meet your standards. I hope.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
Years
I'm just tossing an idea out there, we've seen possible a dozen or so human to pokemon RPs, but not very many[if any] pokemon to human?
If someone wants to use that for an RP feel free, i'm mostly concentrated on my RP but it just popped into my head and though, "This is good" then tucked it away and let it see if it survived all the other thousands of thoughts that get thrown into my head.
It did so it passed the test that all my good ideas go through, but i'm already engaged so let someone else use that idea...
just a thought [that survived my thought elimination process]

Years
I'm not sure what my last Elite Four type should be for my Journey RP. I'm left with either a Ground type user or a Fighting type user. Which do you think would be much better? Fighting type E4s have been quite common in the recent gens. Sinnoh's E4 was the first to use Ground type(Bertha). Should I follow the flow or try and be different? Ground-types aren't exactly popular and good, but Fighting-types are too cliche like Lucarion and Machamp. >.<

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
Years
Actually, RHCP, Aurora Borealis's SUs are already closed. D= So, sadly enough, he can't join that RP. XD

Well, Aurora Borealis looks interesting to me, maybe you should try to sign up for that last spot?

*le gasp* I can't believe the RHCP still remembers my RP! *too happy and faints*

Well I still have another RP Pokemon Wild West that still have some SU spaces xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm just tossing an idea out there, we've seen possible a dozen or so human to pokemon RPs, but not very many[if any] pokemon to human?
If someone wants to use that for an RP feel free, i'm mostly concentrated on my RP but it just popped into my head and though, "This is good" then tucked it away and let it see if it survived all the other thousands of thoughts that get thrown into my head.
It did so it passed the test that all my good ideas go through, but i'm already engaged so let someone else use that idea...
just a thought [that survived my thought elimination process]
Might be interesting, especially if a pokémon who turned human is told to become a pokémon trainer XD

I'm not sure what my last Elite Four type should be for my Journey RP. I'm left with either a Ground type user or a Fighting type user. Which do you think would be much better? Fighting type E4s have been quite common in the recent gens. Sinnoh's E4 was the first to use Ground type(Bertha). Should I follow the flow or try and be different? Ground-types aren't exactly popular and good, but Fighting-types are too cliche like Lucarion and Machamp. >.<
I say go with Ground! Sure, they are pretty easy to beat sometimes.... but this is an RP and not a DS game. I love ground types.

Also, about they journey RPs, cool to hear there is a demand for more of them to be set in Unova. An idea for aspiring game masters perhaps?

Also no. 2: there are 1½ spot left in my RP Darkrai's Balloon, if you want to play as a pokémon.

Also no. 3: I've updated the rules.

We're now allowing OOC threads to be put up before main RP threads. I've been giving it some thought, and in other forums, people usually put up some kind of SU thread before they start the main game. If you want, you can put up an OOC/SU thread before you put up your main RP thread. Because, some people think it's more organized like that and I finally agree.

Anybody happy now? ;)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yes, Ace is a half-human. No, but there is someone who hasn't finished his SU.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
hmmm... Not quite sure how i feel about the new arrangement. It's weird that other and pokemon are mixed into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back