• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help With deck (Special Conditions deck)

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Hello,
I started collecting pokemon since i was 12 and started playin last year with some friends that also played. I have a water/metal deck with haxorus a little unbalanced deck but actually pretty strong, i have won a couple of games with it, with different people and various decks.
Now, i'm tryin to do a new deck and since the new modifications in the game, i'm not sure if its strong or not. I want to make a deck based on special condition (poison, confusion, sleep, burn,...). I have though about using Dustox (platinum) and leafeon. The 1st gives a lot of damage plus 3 special condition and an awesome pokepower and leafeon because of the damage based on the amount of special conditions. The problem is that i dont know what other pokemon should i had to the deck i've though about vespiquen (d&p- stormfront), venomoth(d&p- secret wonders) and beautifly (platinum).
Something like this:4x wurmple, 2-2 dustox, 1-1 beautifly, 3-2 çeafeon, 2-2 vespiquen, 2-2 venomoth.

I really like special conditions cause they're just so anoying for the oponent. i really apreciate any help to this deck cause i dont have much experience building decks.

Thanks

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Special COnditions deck (new thred)

Hello,
I started collecting pokemon since i was 12 and started playin last year with some friends that also played. I have a water/metal deck with haxorus a little unbalanced deck but actually pretty strong, i have won a couple of games with it, with different people and various decks.
Now, i'm tryin to do a new deck and since the new modifications in the game, i'm not sure if its strong or not. I want to make a deck based on special condition (poison, confusion, sleep, burn,...). I have though about using Dustox (platinum) and leafeon. The 1st gives a lot of damage plus 3 special condition and an awesome pokepower and leafeon because of the damage based on the amount of special conditions. The problem is that i dont know what other pokemon should i had to the deck i've though about vespiquen (d&p- stormfront), venomoth(d&p- secret wonders) and beautifly (platinum).
Something like this:4x wurmple, 2-2 dustox, 1-1 beautifly, 3-2 çeafeon, 2-2 vespiquen, 2-2 venomoth.

I really like special conditions cause they're just so anoying for the oponent. i really apreciate any help to this deck cause i dont have much experience building decks.

Years
I've gone ahead and moved both of your posts into the thread you created in the appropriate forum for this (TCG Deck Reviewing) for now, though I cannot discern any visible difference between the two posts.

Also, Crobat cards are generally interesting cards for Special Condition-oriented decks.

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
I'm nw at the forum sry for makin 2 posts. I'm doin mainly grass pokemons but i think i'll give it a shot! is a special condition deck good on a competition?

Thanks

Years
For competitive official tournament play, Special Conditions are soundly defeated by cards like Switch and Abilities, PokePowers, and PokeBodys that allow easy switching of the active Pokemon. It's a rough time for special condition decks, and it has been for a couple years now at the very least.

jwalquis0388

Alastair of the Solstice
Years
Attend a league to gain some wisdom and experience before you build a competitive deck. Learn from the masters, it is the only way to succeed! I'm a ok player myself and I would help you in all your troubles. Leagues are found and located at Pokemon.com and they are a blast. Tournaments for competitive players are even worth attending just for the advice and experience and wisdom of them. I know, I was in your place once upon a time.

Back