• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Palladium

Which tiles should I use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Beta Two Updates

Beta two is for the most part finished. All that's left is a few scripts in the last gym of the beta. After that I will need some people for beta testing. So if you would like to beta test please let me know.

Now, on to the main problem of my hack. The tiles. While there are people that like them, there are other people that dislike them because of how overused they are. So, I will put up a poll to decide which tiles I'll be using for this hack. The choices are between the current tiles and the FireRed tiles with some edits.

Also, from now on, if you have a question about my hack please PM or VM me instead of posting here.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2011
Hmmm... the tiles look good, but the old FR tiles seem old an boring.

The mining thing looks interesting. Are you trying to make it like D/P/P Sinnoh underground?

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
The tiles are overused? Generic? These tiles look utterly gorgeous. I've yet to see a showcased hack actually stick with them for the long haul, making these gems actually much rarer in mature hacks.

The FR tiles are the ones that are overused, since all the "major" hacks here use them! :P ;)

You're so close to a full-gym beta; why turn back on the tiles now, eh? Might as well "edit" these ones or refresh them with some even more daring new ones. But FR again?

Cheers!

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
FireShocked, Would you be able to let me test it? (I'm Brian2one0 on youtube) Just send me a message from your account. Surely your remember me.

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Beta Two Updates

i wanna confirm something,
if i play beta 1 and save after 3rd gym battle ,can i continue it on beta 2 :)?

Well, after this update I highly recommend that you start a new file.

The tiles are overused? Generic? These tiles look utterly gorgeous. I've yet to see a showcased hack actually stick with them for the long haul, making these gems actually much rarer in mature hacks.

The FR tiles are the ones that are overused, since all the "major" hacks here use them! :P ;)

You're so close to a full-gym beta; why turn back on the tiles now, eh? Might as well "edit" these ones or refresh them with some even more daring new ones. But FR again?

Cheers!

They do look nice, but I think I'm better off with the FireRed tiles. And by looking at the poll other people think so too.

FireShocked, Would you be able to let me test it? (I'm Brian2one0 on youtube) Just send me a message from your account. Surely your remember me.

Yes, I do remember you. I'll message you on there.

Well, I'm gonna hold off on releasing beta two for now. That is because I'm going to update the tiles with the FireRed ones. I also think this is the perfect time to go back and update all of my maps with a different style. Everything else for beta two is finished.

Anybody that was going to beta test still can when it's ready. I hope to have beta two finished with in the next month.

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
FireShock, how's Beta 2 coming? Have you finished updating the Tiles with FireRed ones yet?

It's coming along nicely. I've got all of the FireRed tiles back in to my hack along with some other ones. All I've got to do is remap everything. I'm about half way done with that. Then Beta Two should be ready for beta testing.

Years
uhh don't mean to be complaining or anything, but I found it a bit easy - even through beating Chris took me some time, i beat him with only a medium team
lvl 45 Charizard, lvl 6 Sandshrew, lvl 7 pikachu, lvl 13 nidoran, lvl 20 Onamyte (however you spell it) and a lvl 25 Scizor
I was wondering if it could be made a little bit harder XP because its a great hack and with a great storyboard, it is just a bit easy. Though I love the idea of looking through a recycling bin to find items. Love the idea of Renon Underground though and the new ideas. Though I don't know if it is only me, but when I enter and exit Cerise Forest, the rain continues to fall until i get next to the pokemon center (it is a bit picky and i don't really mind rain for a few more tiles). And, is there a map? or did I forget to get it at the start :P? Still, a great hack and an immense pleasure to play

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
It's coming along nicely. I've got all of the FireRed tiles back in to my hack along with some other ones. All I've got to do is remap everything. I'm about half way done with that. Then Beta Two should be ready for beta testing.
Okay, cool.

uhh don't mean to be complaining or anything, but I found it a bit easy - even through beating Chris took me some time, i beat him with only a medium team
lvl 45 Charizard, lvl 6 Sandshrew, lvl 7 pikachu, lvl 13 nidoran, lvl 20 Onamyte (however you spell it) and a lvl 25 Scizor
I was wondering if it could be made a little bit harder XP because its a great hack and with a great storyboard, it is just a bit easy. Though I love the idea of looking through a recycling bin to find items. Love the idea of Renon Underground though and the new ideas. Though I don't know if it is only me, but when I enter and exit Cerise Forest, the rain continues to fall until i get next to the pokemon center (it is a bit picky and i don't really mind rain for a few more tiles). And, is there a map? or did I forget to get it at the start :P? Still, a great hack and an immense pleasure to play
Try going through the game and raise an even team. No wonder its easy, you got a level 45 Charizard..

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Where is that forest the 3rd gym leader went to? I don't know how to get there.

peyi

Tiler
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2012
It looks good but maybe a change of tiles could be great
Kyledove style will be using until he die haha

Gengarx33

Ze' Awesomeness
Years
Amazing game! I've played Beta 1, and I found it astounding.
I love how you added a police station, no one would've thought of that.
Also, the tiles, simply amazing. One of the most beautiful tiles out of all the hacks I've played. Keep up the good work. I hope you can complete this game soon, so I can beat it. Also, in your post you said there are 2 new regions, do you mean like the jhoto region games? First the Jhoto Region, then the Kanto? If so, That's even more awesome!
I didn't find anything I didn't like. Good luck!

P.S; I've sent a private message. :)

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Beta Two Updates

Amazing game! I've played Beta 1, and I found it astounding.
I love how you added a police station, no one would've thought of that.
Also, the tiles, simply amazing. One of the most beautiful tiles out of all the hacks I've played. Keep up the good work. I hope you can complete this game soon, so I can beat it. Also, in your post you said there are 2 new regions, do you mean like the jhoto region games? First the Jhoto Region, then the Kanto? If so, That's even more awesome!
I didn't find anything I didn't like. Good luck!

P.S; I've sent a private message. :)

Thanks! I sent you a PM back.

Well, it's been a while since I posted any updates. So, here are some screen shots of the newly revamped Pokemon Palladium.

Spoiler:

Years
I have to say I'm extremely disappointing in the tile change...The first ones were pretty and unique and these look...dated and not near as good imo. I'm still looking forward to the game but...that was a step back imo.

Poke_M0

(Hidden)
Years
I have to say I'm extremely disappointing in the tile change...The first ones were pretty and unique and these look...dated and not near as good imo. I'm still looking forward to the game but...that was a step back imo.

I have to agree with the dude here but there's nothing we can do now..

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I am quite pleased with the tiles, how you reverted to FR/LG style. In my opinion the base you used before was WAY overused and is what actually stopped me from giving this hack a proper look over. Either way good luck with this.

Gengarx33

Ze' Awesomeness
Years
You know what I think? When you battle, the thing is black, and the hp and experience is purple. I think you should Leave the hp as green, orange, and red, and the exp as blue. But still have the black bar thing. o-o

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
Hey, this is pretty awesome. I played a quick 5 minutes of it, and I might (with your permission) make a video walkthrough of it.

If it's okay, I'm not certain if I should wait for the next beta, but it seems that you've made a lot of game-time in one beta and if I patch it when the new one is released... lose all my progress...

Ah well. It's a great hack and a great work :D

Back