• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MikeMatt15's Ultimate World Map Hacking guide

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
Can anyone help me, I'm completely stuck at stage 8, I don't really have a clue what to do. When I draw on the layer mask nothing seems to happen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2013
stuck at stage 8

Happened to me too, It must be from a different version of photoshop.
What I did though is just select an 8x8 pixel section, and make sure it was a multiple of 8 away from the edges. then i filled in that selection with black on the "Routes Background" layer.

In the end, it doesnt matter how you draw the map, as you'll save all the layers as a png.

Now for a question:

In FR, after you play Cinnibar Island, you get invited by Bill to that group of islands with the internet connection problem.

At that point your map gets another button on it for changing maps.

How do you incorporate this into a custom map?
-Draw it of course.
-Then would i cover it with "3" tiles in the NTME pallete editor?
thanks

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
tumblr_mxdhcvLr8H1somzu8o1_250.png

Please help me! I don't understand the Section 3. I just completed the Section 2 in Drawing Tutorial. Please guide me how to change the color? Thank you very much

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
Could anybody help me and repost the original tutorial? I can't access the file because its been a while since it was uploaded the first time. thanks in advance

Doctor Breeb

Wooper is pretty neat, I guess.
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 7, 2023
[FONT=&quot]

Yeah, I mentioned that in the tutorial too, but I have no idea how to fix this. Also, this happens on hacked title screens...
[/FONT]

You have to make a certain hex edit to the tilemap (.raw) file. I forget what it is but I've done it. I even have my own custom map with a new palette.
Screenshot_2018-09-20_at_8.56.23_AM.png

Working on Hoenn in Fire Red.
Also I came here for the offsets in the first post. Thanks, they'll be useful in the future.

Last edited:
Back