• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Haunted House- the Ghost Type Fanclub!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Username: Koyan
Partners: Savant
094.png
Will
607.gif

Why did you join? I love Ghost pokemon. :3 I raised my little shiny Gastly until he was a Haunter in Soulsilver, before brining him over to Pokemon White. I started out just wanting to raise a few, but now I'm starting to specialize in Ghosts and Darks. :3
Answer the current topic: Gastly is awesome.
092.png

Last edited:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Whew, I haven't been here for quite a while now, where were we......

What *do* you like about grass-types?

Grass types D:? I suppose people make mistakes xD.

Also welcome Koyan,just saying you are only allowed to choose two partners so I'll let you keep Gengar and Litwick. If you want to change,just tell me and I'll do so ASAP :3.Gastly is awesome, but I'm a bit disappointed with Gengar's shiny,it's only a bit darker than normal D:.

Have fun here Koyan :D!

New topic time :3! Let's see what you guys all think,also remember you can talk about other people's opinions after answering :D.

Which ghost Pokemon's pokedex entry did you find the most interesting?

Last edited:

soulavenger

A Keen Observer
Years
A big hello to all.. :classic:

Username: soulavenger

Partners:
478Froslass.png
354Banette.png

Why did you join: Ghost types are one f my two most favorite type of pokemons.Was looking for a place where I could talk and discuss about them and found your club interesting.

Answer to current topic: I found Banette's and Spiritomb's pokedex entry quite sad as both experienced extreme sadness during their life cycle.
But, Dusknoir and Cofagrigus scare the hell out of me.Especially, Dusknoir with its ability to take people to the spirit world.

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
Which ghost Pokemon's pokedex entry did you find the most interesting?

I think everyone already knows that I found Yamask's to be the most interesting. A Pokemon that carries a mask of its face when it used to be human? Sounds like it would be a good inspiration for a tragic and sad Creepypasta.

Banette's was interesting too. Creepy as well. The Black and White Pokedex entries for it say:

A doll that became a Pokémon over its grudge from being junked. It seeks the child that disowned it.

It was things like that that used to scare me when I was little. The thought of a mistreated toy coming back to haunt you....... gives me shivers.

I've also just read this Pokedex entry for Haunter in SoulSilver:

Its tongue is made of gas. If licked, its victim starts shaking constantly until death eventually comes.

And also Gengar's:

To steal the life of its target, it slips into the prey's shadow and silently waits for an opportunity.

...Oh yeah, that's why Ghost Pokemon are creepy and awesome! :P :D

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
A big hello to all.. :classic:

Username: soulavenger

Partners:
478Froslass.png
354Banette.png

Why did you join: Ghost types are one f my two most favorite type of pokemons.Was looking for a place where I could talk and discuss about them and found your club interesting.

Answer to current topic: I found Banette's and Spiritomb's pokedex entry quite sad as both experienced extreme sadness during their life cycle.
But, Dusknoir and Cofagrigus scare the hell out of me.Especially, Dusknoir with its ability to take people to the spirit world.
Welcome SoulAvenger :3,I'll add you when I get the chance.To answer the topic,I found Gengar's pearl entry scary as hell D:. Hmm I agree with Dusknoir,the idea of a spirit world also freaked me out. I think the one that interested me but also made me feel horrible was Yanmask's.It was once a human and when it looks at it's face,it cries D:. I've been wondering how it became a Yanmask, maybe some sorceror cursed it?Oh here's Gengar's pearl entry:
Pearl Lurking in the shadowy corners of rooms, it awaits chances to steal its prey's life force. Welcome and have fun here :3!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Which shiny Ghost Pokemon form do you like the most? Which ones do you hate?
As i have said earlier that i don't like the shiny form of Mismagius, Drifblim and Cofagrigus
Spr_5b_429_s.png
Spr_5b_563_s.png
Spr_5b_426_s.png

i like shiny of Duskull, Gastly, Spiritomb, Cofagrigus and Giratina bcuz the colors are quite unique
Spr_5b_355_s.png
Spr_5b_609_s.png
092.png
487.gif
Spr_5b_623_s.png

WHich ghost Pokemon's pokedex entry did you find the most interesting?
I have to agree with star and soulavenger about Yamask
pokedex entry of gengar :
Gengar, the Shadow Pokémon. Gengar is the final evolved form of Gastly. It can absorb any surrounding heat, leaving a sudden chill.

pokedex entry of Shuppet
Shuppet is attracted by feelings of jealousy and vindictiveness. If someone develops strong feelings of vengeance, this Pokémon will appear in a swarm and line up beneath the eaves of that person's home.

pokedex entry of Misdreavus
It loves to bite and yank people's hair from behind without warning, just to see their shocked reactions.

pokedex entry of Duskul
A glare from its single scarlet eye makes even burly grown-ups freeze in utter fear. It is a nocturnal Pokémon that roams about under the cloak of darkness.

pokedex entry of Cofagrigus
It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.

pokedex entry of Chandelure
Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.

Ghost types have the most interesting pokedex entries <3 <3
:P :P

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
They definitely do n.n.Most of their entries to be honest scare me senseless- Cofragius,Gengar's Pearl Entry and Banette's are the top scare ones. But some of the information can be interesting,how it mentions Yanmask was once a human.

Also how Banette used to be a child's doll and now hunting for its owner...*shudders*. Cofragius can swallow people whole and make them mummies when they come close D:? That's just plain creepy all the way ._.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Well, here's the answer to the current topic:

For me, it's Giratina. I like the idea of how it's been banished & looking at us from 'hell'. It's very interesting IMO.

Psystar63

Years
Cofagrigus' entry gives me the chills. It doesn't help that Cofagrigus looks scary too. I can just imagine those dark hands of it reaching out and capturing people.

I like Giratina's as well. It's one that's not creepy or scary or anything, but just plain interesting. It was 'banished for its violence' and it watches over this world from the Distorted World. I liked the Distorted World- it just messed with you and the Laws of Physics. The music was nice too n_n
I also think it's interesting how Giratina appears in an ancient cemetary...

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
Shedinja's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this Pokémon will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back.

Yes... Creepy?

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I'm thinking it's time for a new topic n_n.I got this idea from the electric club :3.
If all the ghost Pokemon battled,who do you think would come out as a champion and loser?

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
Years
This died quickly.
My thought is a tie between Gengar and Dusknoir. That's just me, they were also tanks for me. XD As for coming out loser, Gastly. Gastly always kept my team held back.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Answering the topic:

I think Chalendelure will win because of his mighty 145 special attack. For the loser, I choose Misdreavous because he is very very weak. It once died against a Machop 5 levels under him when I used him.

Haunted Cupcake

Soul Resonance Technician
Years
hello im new to the forums here and i love ghost type. :D

my 2 fave ghosties have to be Shedinja and Froslass. :D

i make a point of training every ghost i can depending on what version im using at the time. i used to have a shiny gengar on my pearl version but i lost the cartridge and that made me a sad panda one day i will replace it but i only have white version right now. i am getting black 2 very soon :D

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Hi Ghost Tammer Tommy n_n. Can you use the sign-up form on the first page,for now I'll add Shedninja and Froslass as partners because they're your favourites :3.If you want to change just say and I'll work on it ASAP.

Lucky,you encountering a shiny Gengar :3. I've never seen one myself but that'd be amazing if I did n_n.I'm planning to get White 2 this weekend,that'll be awesome \o/.

Welcome and hope you'll be an amazing member of our club :D!

Haunted Cupcake

Soul Resonance Technician
Years
Thanks rainbow and tamer has one m :P

Username: Ghost Tamer Tommy

Partners: Shedinja and Froslass

Why did you join? Ghost types are the best designed pokemon ever. I love the moveset each poke has shadow ball and curse are amazing.

Answer the current topic: My favourite pokedex entry has to be spiritomb in white version it mentions he always get into trouble and ends up being put into the keystone via a spell. this is awesome :D

Last edited:

Denki Sempai

The girl who creeps...y'all
Years
Name: Denki Sempai

Partners: Sid the Banette and Connie the Lampent

Why did you join? Ghost pokemon have the most thoughtful pokedex entries. They don't just tell you their abilities, they have a story behind them. I think that's awesome!

Current Topic: I think that Banette has an interesting pokedex entry. It became a pokemon after the grudge it bore after being thrown away by its owner. You don't see that many pokedex entries like that!

Years
Welcome Denki Sempai and Ghost Trainer Tommy.

So, why did you choose your partners?

Anyways, guess I'll just answer another topic:

Which Ghost Pokemon's Pokedex entry did you find the most interesting?

Ghost Pokemon have some of the most interesting Pokedex entries ever but I'll share some ones I loved.

Banette (Ruby): Banette generates energy for laying strong curses by sticking pins into its own body. This Pokémon was originally a pitiful plush doll that was thrown away.

Chandelure (White): Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.

Lampent (White): It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body.

Litwick (White): While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it.

Cofagrigus (Black): It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.

Shedinja (Ruby): Shedinja's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this Pokémon will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back.

I loved Shedinja's one cos it spawned a lot of memes, and you look at its back sprite a lot.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Huge welcome to our newest member,Denki Sempai n_n! I haven't seen one Ghost Pokemon without a spooky and mystifying story behind it.There pasts are odd but entertaining to read about,that's one of the main reasons I love them.

Sorry Ghost Tamer Tommy,I'll change it in a second.Thanks for filling out the form :3!Banette,has always been the one that caught my attention.It used to be a doll of a little girl then was discarded,now it's looking for it's owner in revenge ._. Pretty creepy but it's past certainly was unexpected.

Welcome to the club,have fun here!

Psystar63

Years
Shedinja (Ruby): Shedinja's hard body doesn't move - not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this Pokémon will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back.

I loved Shedinja's one cos it spawned a lot of memes, and you look at its back sprite a lot.

Hah, yeah, isn't that odd? I actually used Shedinja alot in Ruby. Anyone who peers into the hollow in Shedinja's back will have their spirit stolen, yet here I am staring at its back everytime I send it out to battle... o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back