• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well I just got my Commission in. Looks pretty sweet I say :p

mark.png
Holy-good-lord-almighty-Arceus. Did you /draw/ that?

Time is generally not a welcome concept here, because it's a rather unimportant detail that only really causes problems.
I just imagined Dialga and Celebi, turning away with their heads down in shame.

Well Valorie managed to endure the battle long enough. O.o I'm actually surprised Kiyoko morphed into his human boy in front of everyone! I'd like to see how things turn out.
I saw your post. I figured it might be something surprising, though I was more referring to the fact that he actually showed a sliver of bravery.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Grrrr, I know I took a long hiatus the past two weeks, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to go take another one. I have midterms coming up and they're really taking my time here. So, I'm gonna have to request another two week hiatus. Since I'm *still* not interacting with anyone, I can go ahead and do so.

Sorry about that!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
A (very small) explosion just went off in Oak Town, a baby Pineco used Self Destruct. No damage to the town or injured people, just some singed eyebrows and bruised ego's, but people can feel free to be drawn to the explosion if they're looking for something to do.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I've got a slightly special announcement to make.. DCJBoi contacted me recently to express interest in seeing a map of the island made. Ultimately, it was decided that although there was a risk of it becoming relatively useless info that people just frustrate themselves by focusing on (Sort of like the time of day) we would give it a chance.

I will try something new and attempt to make a map of my own, though this is utterly new grounds for me and I'm honestly not all that interested in it. However, should anyone else be more interested, I'll be willing to provide relative locations for the various major areas of The Academy.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I've got a slightly special announcement to make.. DCJBoi contacted me recently to express interest in seeing a map of the island made. Ultimately, it was decided that although there was a risk of it becoming relatively useless info that people just frustrate themselves by focusing on (Sort of like the time of day) we would give it a chance.

I will try something new and attempt to make a map of my own, though this is utterly new grounds for me and I'm honestly not all that interested in it. However, should anyone else be more interested, I'll be willing to provide relative locations for the various major areas of The Academy.

I suppose if you gave me a rough sketch of where everything is I could make a nice little 8-Bit map.

Dawn

Years
I came up with this. It honestly didn't take all that long. It's not exactly a graphical masterpiece either. But it gives the relative locations of every major area though. =o

ptamap.png

EDIT: I also re-did the plot spoiler of the first post, which also hasn't really been touched since I got the RP. It now reads as followed:

You are a young trainer that has just been accepted into the Pokémon Trainer Academy, an elite pokemon trainer's school located on a island with an uncannily diverse selection of climates and pokemon from every region. It was built, and is currently run by, Professor Gary Oak to aid new trainers in reaching their full potential.

One day you wake up to your initiation package from the school containing several pokemon and a letter attached reading as followed:

"Hello and congratulations on being accepted into pokémon trainer school!

My name is Professor Gary Oak, principal of this academy. I started this school to help beginning trainers to understand the unique qualities and specialties of all Pokémon. From abra to zubat our goal is for you to learn and master everything there is to learn in the ways of a being a great pokémon trainer. Throughout your time here you will be groomed into an elite, learning the ways of battle, utility, the art of maintaining a healthy relationship with your pokemon and the skills you'll need to keep both you and yourself physically healthy on the field. I sincerely hope you enjoy your time here and feel like you've accomplished something worthwhile by time you leave.
Yours Truly
Professor Gary Oak"​

Although many see the trainer school as a straight-up wonderful idea and a way of encouraging growth in upcoming trainers, Prof. Oak sees it as a way of preparing young trainers for what he believes to be an impending battle with Team Rocket. Their goal? World domination. As a student your 'job' is to use your time well during your stay on the island as this supposed battle draws nearer and nearer. Making friends, making enemies, and exploring the depths your power... as well as the depths of the island's incredibly diverse climate. ...Or not!~ Go skip class and head to town, you party animal. This is your life, make use of it how you please.

I mostly re-worded a handful of things, fixed some capitalization errors scattered around. I also added a bit at the end to try and shed some light on the actual content of what goes on in the RP. (Cue: "PTA /is/ real life" joke)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Looking good Mega, I like the commission you've had done as well. Very interesting Trivia section too...

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
Spoiler:

hope it is OK
credit to pokecharms for the 2 epic sprites i have used!

Last edited:

SummerSkies

is a budgie.
Years
Hi, I am sort of new to roleplaying. I would like to join this roleplay. I am wondering if I could also get a quick summary of what happened so far in the roleplay. Thank you in advance. Here is my sign up:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Alright, this is my first rolleplay signup, tell me if I mess up! :)

Name: Orange Henry
Gander: Male
Dorm: Raikou Dorm
Appearance: Wears lots of red has brown hair, freckles, has a hat he is very attached to, has a big and black backpack
Personality: Orange wants to be a pokemon researcher. But as Prof. Elm said: "He lacks focus in actually studing the pokemon!" So, Orange is a little discouraged when it comes to school, but he pulls through. If he is having a good day, he is upbeat and encouraging, but is the opposite on bad days. By the way, don't ask about his hat. He gets really emotional about it. If he catches a pokemon that doesn't like him too much, he trains it so it becomes more friendly toward him. He is a bit of a cry baby, but can get really angry if provoked. He battles stragtegically with as much might as he can muster but he also battles for fun.

History:Met his Bonsly at age 4. He grew up with it in New Bark Town, Johto. Loves allthe pokemon he meets, as long as they don't attack him. He gets attached toobjects when they are something dear to him like his hat for example. But don'task about that. Other than that, he traveled the Johto region until his mothertold him he was accepted to the Pokemon Trainer Academy. He races home with the first two badges he earned in theJohto League. He begins to study with Prof. Elm to prepare for the academy, andthe Prof. gives him an egg he is supposed to hatch as the final part of histraining. He still has it as he attends the Academy. He really wants to knowwhat is inside, but we will have to wait and see about that. He has a historywith computers and has attempted to make a pokedex, but utterly failed. Prof.Elm sent him off with lots of knowledge, but Orange has a craving for more. Heis hoping to take a breeding class so he can hatch his mysterious pokemon egg.He also sketches pokemon, but that's just a hobby. After sketching, he puts thepictures into his makeshift pokedex failure. During the last week he is inJohto, a party is thrown for him by his mother. At this party Orange cried lots and lots. He decided when he returned, he would win the Johto league with his Bonsly. His mother gives him around 10 pokeballs and a few treats for the boat ride. His mom tells him to be safe and have good luck at the academy, but we don't know if that will happen or not. Overall, he loves pokemon and attends the academy,hoping to make new friends.
Pokemon:
Bonsly
Bonsi
Loves Orange lots, but is a bit hard to get along with when you don't know him.
Level 12
Fake Tears
Copycat
Flail
Low Kick
Rock Throw
(none, for when he learns Mimic and evolves into Sudowoodo)

Egg
(none)
(none)
(none)
(none)

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@Danaxe: Alright... I'm afraid I can't approve this. For starters, your character does not seem to have actual personality flaws to speak of... At least, not the way you've written him. o3o

The history doesn't describe much. You catch a bunch of pokemon, but little to no detail is given. In fact...
where a lone zangoose found it's way into one of azur's pokeball
...What just happened? o3o I'm not sure, but one does not simply 'catch' a pokemon without trying. Not unless you're Arceus incarnate, or Pokemon's local archaelogist playboy philanthropist daughter of god Cynthia.

Lastly... there's just a great deal of errors scattered throughout the app. It doesn't feel like you... really tried. Spellcheck, or simply remembering to capitalize the beginning of a sentence would probably help immensely. Heck. I'd recommend after the deadline if you need an easy to use spellcheck that just integrates with your browser.

@SummerSkies: Your SU looks great~ I really like how you were far from full-offensive with your team strategy. Swablu's moveset is especially pleasing. You're accepted. c:

@OrangeNess: Mmm... Alright. I'll say this. What you /have/ isn't all that bad. The only issue being... it's very short! o3o Could you expand on the history and personality sections? Also, you may want to run it through a spellchecker while you're at it, just to make sure that doesn't become another issue that needs solving.

Dawn

Years
@OrangeNess: Yup... Just get working on that SU. The sooner it's completed, the sooner I can start working on giving you a respones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back