• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Updated Effects.dat file for A-Tack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
I dunno if this is really of use to anybody, but as the title says, I modified the file Effects.dat that comes with A-Tack to actually list the effects on the rest of the moves, that were previously displayed onlyas a number.

(No moves use 131, 141 or 163, so they remain unchanged.)

It was helpful to me, since I wanted to change the effects of some attacks, and the numbers were a pain to sift through. Maybe someone else can make use of it!

Since PC doesn't allow .dat files as uploadable, the file is a .txt. Simply open Effects.dat on your drive using Notepad, and copy/paste the new data overtop the old~

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
First reply!

I think this would help me change some attacks in my hack. I'll download this!

pokedude565

Wow! This is so simple yet so much easier. Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2015
Thanks for all the replies, and I'm glad everybody likes it!
Sorry some of the descriptions are too wide for the drop-down menu, by the way...there were some I just couldn't shorten to fit. ^^*

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2012
Is there a way to edit effects i mean like Hit + Sure Paralysis or Hit + sure poison something like that. if possible only. thanks.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
anghilo, please don't revive threads in the Toolbox that haven't been posted in for at least two months.

Himochi Kouen, if you would ever like this thread to be reopened then just message either myself or giradialkia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back