• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has breeding Ditto Helped you

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I usually use a Ditto. I'm too lazy to get the same two Pokemon of a species. I tend to go for males to pass on egg moves and TM moves though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ditto + *insert Pokemon here* breeding has helped me a bunch, especially when the male Pokemon has the egg moves I need.

Years
Generally when I'm breeding something, Ditto + "x" will suffice. I have to agree that I mostly only breed male Pokemon with Ditto (for passing down of moves), and I just can't be bothered to get another compatible species unless I'm trying to go for a chain breed to pass down a move.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
Years
If possible, I will always avoid using Ditto to breed any Pokemon. I'll only ever consider it if it's to acquire a Phione, or it's somewhat impossible to obtain the female of the species I want.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I use it when I don't have a reason not to, ie. if I'm not looking to pass down the mother's hidden ability.
So practically always.

The way you used the word "breed" is confusing.
OP's first use of 'breed' is in a context of reproduction; second use in the same context as before; third use in a context of referring to (sub)species'.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I used two Mienfoo and two Solosis when I was IV breeding. But other than that, Ditto all the way. My Ditto is flawless anyway, so it's a good match for anyone.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I always use Ditto. I am not a big IV/EV person so I really never need 2 of the same pokemon. Let's just say I caught a Ditto in HG in the area before Goldenrod City. He is now level 100 without battleing him or using Rare Candies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I always keep a Ditto in the daycare center for that purpose. I think it's up to level 70-something at the moment. But when I breed Pokemon, it's just to get more (for trading or something similar), or to find a shiny of that species.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Unless I want to breed an egg move or speed up the process, etc, I'd just go with a Ditto as it's the quick and easy option, so to speak. Even if I want to breed for natures I have a number of them as well so I'm pretty well set up with them.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I'm too lazy to look up what Pokemon belong to which egg groups so I'll just use a good old Ditto. He literally sits in the Day Care gaining levels.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I got almost a box full of Ditto's. I generally breed with Dittos. When I breed with Females "x" Pokemon I do it for same nature, but with males do it for moves. Usually when I catch Stone evo Pokemon I catch them the nature I want and male and when I find the nature I want I breed with with a Ditto of that nature.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
This is a good topic, I most always use a ditto, but when moves are needed, I use my smeargle to get the male with the moves, then hope it hatches male with the moves and then breed it to get the one I want, but I like it when ppl ask for breeds of nature and gender and no moves, that way my ditto stays in the DC!!

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
This is a good topic, I most always use a ditto, but when moves are needed, I use my smeargle to get the male with the moves, then hope it hatches male with the moves and then breed it to get the one I want, but I like it when ppl ask for breeds of nature and gender and no moves, that way my ditto stays in the DC!!

Wait, doesn't a male Pokemon breeding with a Ditto still carry it's moves onto the baby if they can learn it? Say if I breeded a (M) Pikachu with a Ditto, and it had the moves Thunderbolt, Grass Knot, Light Screen, Discharge would the baby have the moves as well? That would be VERY useful if your using Stone evo Pokmeon competively but want the best stats. You simply wanna train up the pre evo til it lears all it's good moves then breed with Ditto to keep the moves and evolve at lvl 1. Would that work? I've never tried.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
I generally breed just to collect Pokemon. But yeah, without ditto, I'd be lost.

Praisedscooter

Gym Leader wannabe
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2012
Oh heck yes. Using ditto, I've made an Eeveelution team (all of them but Flareon) and gotten all the baby pokemon.

Back