• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
For likes, where do you see them on the liked post? Or can you only see them in your likes section in your profile? Where can you like a post?

I can't seem to find it. Unless it's on other skins?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
For likes, where do you see them on the liked post? Or can you only see them in your likes section in your profile? Where can you like a post?

I can't seem to find it. Unless it's on other skins?

If you want to like a post, click this button on that post:
Spoiler:

If a post is liked by someone else, it'll look like this:
Spoiler:

To view who has liked that post, click on the number of likes and a dropdown will appear to show you who has liked it:
Spoiler:

When you first like a post, this will appear:
Spoiler:

After you reload, it will change to this, as to allow you to unlike that post:
Spoiler:

And to view your ten latest likes, scroll to the bottom of your User CP page. You'll also get a notification whenever someone likes your posts, unless you have that turned off in your options.
Spoiler:

That option is under Messaging & Notification on your Edit Options page.

Hope this helped :)

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
Whoa! Of course the ONE skin I'm using doesn't have them for some reason DX Sweet Kisses doesn't have them showing for some reason.

122a3965ef125a8bb6390d9ee4b52274.png

But thank you! I'll switch to a skin that has them. xD The furrets are cute c:

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Ok, I'm not sure if this has ever been done here, or what rules regarding it are, but I wanted to post a thread about a Pokemon fangame series that someone else outside PC has done that I have zero affiliation with; where would I post it, and can I even post it to begin with?

Sirfetch’d

Ok, I'm not sure if this has ever been done here, or what rules regarding it are, but I wanted to post a thread about a Pokemon fangame series that someone else outside PC has done that I have zero affiliation with; where would I post it, and can I even post it to begin with?

From what I know, there is unfortunately so section in which you could post a thread about this. Normally it would fit in Emulation & ROM Hacking or Game Development, but since you have no affiliation with the creation of the game, you will be unable to make a thread about it. This type of thread wouldn't belong in the various Pokemon sections either because they are limited to the main series games. However, if you want to advertise for it you could post a link in your signature or if you were a supporter you could make a blog about it, but honestly I think those are your only options here(and someone correct me if I am wrong.) Hope I helped!

Sirfetch’d

Well first off I will direct you to Emulation and Hacking. This is the forum in which your hack thread would be placed in, and under the subfoum of progressing hacks, I believe. However there are certain requirements you need to meet before posting a hack.

Rules for posting hack threads

A note on mature hacks
Hacks with explicit material are allowed, provided a rating is given in the thread title [PG, 15+]., but absolutely NO screenshots or text extracts from it. Such hacks with the aforementioned depiction will not be approved. Likewise, hacks that are unsuitable (for members over 15 years of age) are not eligible for the hack competitions held regularly, such as Hack of the Year.

A hack thread must have at least four screenshots.
These four screens cannot be battle screens, Pokédex entries or stat screens. The screenshots also cannot depict areas that have not been significantly edited. If at least four screenshots meet this requirement, then you may post any other kinds of screenshots. These first four screenshots cannot be map area shots. To elaborate, we'd like to make clear that the four screenshots must be taken from the actual ROM in play. This means no saving a map picture in A-Map and enclosing that as a screenshot. By all means you may include maps, but it will not count as one of the four screenshots necessary for approval.

Also, we do not want to see "I'll post more images once I've got 15 posts". There are plenty of places in PokéCommunity for you to get 15 posts without spamming- surely you can spend SOME time doing so before posting a hack thread.

Hacks must include an introduction or a story.
Optional parts include the game your hack is based off (Pokémon Red, Gold, or Ruby, for instance), a list of features, frequently asked questions, your hack's achievements (such as Hack of the Year!), a list of bugs, the team involved with the hack, etc.

If you are using other people's hacks or code bases, you must have permission.
You are required to state whether your hack is yours or not – you cannot post any hack in the Hacks Showcase forum unless it is yours, unless you obtain permission from the hack's author to post it (and/or modify it for your own purposes). Hacks that we believe are based off the code base of another hack will not be approved.

Fake hacks or theft will not be tolerated.
The hacks you post must not contain any fake information. The images must be screenshots taken in an emulator of your choice, and should not be edited in any form.

Please give credit to any items in your hack where it is due, be it sprites, tile sets or scripts. You are bound to the agreements made by the original poster – for instance, if you cannot give your sprite to others, don't. If your hack is based off another hack's code base and the original poster has asked you not to give the code base to others, don't.

Consecutive posting (double posts) about new features is permitted…
… if you're the thread owner. You may make up to three long posts in a row detailing any information in your game. You cannot make three short (for example, 2 lines only) posts in a row. Any other cases are subject to standard double-posting rules.
Once you meet these requirements you may submit your thread and then wait verification from one of the moderators of that section. If you have any more questions though, I would contact either: DrFuji or giradialkia, the moderators of that section. Hope I helped!

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Somehow I figured I'd probably need to go the ol' bliggety-bloggety route with it; I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!:15:

Years
Hesitant to Post Questions on this thread
I have a question I cannot find an answer to.
Topic Breeding Pokemon
Generation VI [Game Y]
I Would Like To Know
  • How to breed with perfect IVs
  • Catch a Ditto with perfect IVs
  • Breed Hidden Abilities in Gen VI (Without either parent having the Hidden Ability)
--------------------------------------
RNG is not possible in Gen VI as of now, nor do I know how to RNG.
I'm looking to understand breeding, and passing down perfect IV's for "Battle Frontier" and Online Play.

For this tutorial can we use the example pokemon be Froakie? For this example I also have a male with its Hidden Ability (Proteon) (and perfect IVs.), Timid Nature as the father. The mother a Ditto. What should I do if I'm looking to be a serious breeder?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hello Fading Tree, I think you could try posting your question in the Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat Thread. In the Trade Corner, they usually know about breeding and can hopefully either teach you some or redirect you to places where you can learn more.

There is the Gen V Breeding Guide thread also, which can probably teach you the basics. Too much of that can't have changed between the generations! :] There is a section there on IVs.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I've asked this once before to Wolfy but he wasn't able to find what I was looking for so I'm hoping someone else can. I'm looking for a thread in an archived section of the battle forums from about 3 or 4 years back. If anyone can find the seasonal pokemon tournament thread, I would deeply appreciate it. I really wanna restart the tourney and making up my own list last time made me wanna cry. :l

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I've asked this once before to Wolfy but he wasn't able to find what I was looking for so I'm hoping someone else can. I'm looking for a thread in an archived section of the battle forums from about 3 or 4 years back. If anyone can find the seasonal pokemon tournament thread, I would deeply appreciate it. I really wanna restart the tourney and making up my own list last time made me wanna cry. :l

I'm in the archives and I'm looking for it right now but I think I need some more information. Do you know who posted it / which year it was posted in / its title / etc?

edit: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=203860? If that's the right one I can PM you the coding for the OP.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Couldn't tell you too much about details. I can tell you that it was gen 4, the thread might have had "official PC tourney" or some variation of it somewhere, they had pokemon divvied up between 4 seasons. I can't see the thread so I can't tell you whether or not that's the right thread. :(

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
Where do I go to offer/request pokemon. As in like "I have this pokemon, and I want this or that for this"/"I want that pokemon and will give these for that"

Last edited:
Years
Where do I go to offer/request pokemon. As in like "I have this pokemon, and I want this or that for this"/"I want that pokemon and will give these for that"

I'd guess you'd put it in a general discussion area, but I don't see too much of a reason to not put it in a group with fangames and such, you're sharing it, and it's not like, illegal because you're not affiliated, you're just advertising for a person you don't know and giving other people something you like so they can like it too
Go on ahead and check out the Trade Corner, specifically the Quick Trade Thread for X and Y or the Quick Trade Thread for Generations IV and V. :)

Years
This is a question that i'm sure has been asked by people other than me, but why is the forum always crashing every other time I try to access it? Is it because of excess capability with people being online? Again, i'm probably not alone in wondering this, but I would like to know if anyone has any idea. Thanks!

Years
This is a question that i'm sure has been asked by people other than me, but why is the forum always crashing every other time I try to access it? Is it because of excess capability with people being online? Again, i'm probably not alone in wondering this, but I would like to know if anyone has any idea. Thanks!
It's not just you, but rather everyone who tries to access the site. When this happens, it usually means that there's a large spike in traffic to the site. The best thing to do though in situations like this is to just wait it out instead of refresh constantly, since refreshing constantly can actually cause the server to be hung up for longer periods of time.

iTorchwoodi

Waiting for the right Doctor
Years
So i just spent two hours making myself a shop in the trade forum. (It had a picture URL for the top of the page intro)
A message telling me that i had to wait for a moderator to approve before it becomes visible appeared. All well and good every site has it's securities.
I was just hoping by asking about it here the time it takes for approval would reduce as im sure i read somewere about someone posting and it had been weeks and the thread had not shown.
So i'm asking whats the general wait time and how active are the moderators?
I really do hope i have not made that thread without avail.

Any help and information would be appreciated any feedback from a Mod themselves would be highly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back