• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Watchers and Manga Readers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Anime Watchers and Manga Readers Club
Owner: O'aka XXIII

Introduction
Come one and come all to the all new Anime Watchers and Manga Readers Club. Watch or read it ritually? Join us. Watch or read it occasionally? Join us. Only watched or read one or two episodes or chapters? Join us and we'll get you into it.​

Rules
-When posting here, try to stick with to the current topic.
-Everyone's allowed to start topics here, but before we do, though, we first have to make sure that at least three people have answered the current one.
-You may submit movie reviews here, but please place them in spoiler tags.
-If you're embedding media, put them in a spoiler.
-Respect others' opinion; be friendly toward each other, and don't bash or flame.
- All other PokeCommunity rules apply.​

Group Members
-O'aka XXIII
-Murkmire
-BakingBluePotatoe
-Nonon
-Judge Mandolore Shepard
-Illusione-Tempus
-acatfrommars
-Satoshi Ookami
-pikaruto
-Eevee
-Xilfer
-Isaac
-derozio
-LilJz
-darkarcues
-TheAmazingSpiderMan
-RinYoga

Topics
~ How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?
~What's your favorite genre of Anime or Manga?
~Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?
~What is your reading/watching style? Do you wait a while and then binge or do you read/watch as they come out?​

Signup:
Username:
Favorite anime(s):
Answer a topic:

Last edited:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Username: Murkmire
Favorite anime(s): Soul Eater, Hellsing (Both Versions), Welcome to the NHK
Answer a topic:

How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?

I don't read manga at all, but I used to be an avid watcher of anime. Now, I hardly even bother except for the two playlists I have on Youtube. I might try and look for an anime to watch, though. I've been looking for something dark, or something involving the supernatural.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Username: BakingBluePotatoe
Favorite anime(s): FMA (Both versions), Ojamajo Doremi, Mirai Nikki
Answer a topic: ~ How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?
Whenever I feel like it and I have the time to do so. I think I watch Anime more, as I can access it more easily than Manga. Technically, I guess I could read manga anytime too. but I only like to read it if I have the volume in my hands, you know?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Username: BakingBluePotatoe
Favorite anime(s): FMA (Both versions), Ojamajo Doremi, Mirai Nikki
Answer a topic: ~ How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?
Whenever I feel like it and I have the time to do so. I think I watch Anime more, as I can access it more easily than Manga. Technically, I guess I could read manga anytime too. but I only like to read it if I have the volume in my hands, you know?

Welcome to the club!
Username: Murkmire
Favorite anime(s): Soul Eater, Hellsing (Both Versions), Welcome to the NHK
Answer a topic:

I don't read manga at all, but I used to be an avid watcher of anime. Now, I hardly even bother except for the two playlists I have on Youtube. I might try and look for an anime to watch, though. I've been looking for something dark, or something involving the supernatural.

Welcome to the club! If you're looking for something dark and supernatural-ish you should try out "Another".

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Username: Nonon
Favourite Anime(s): Kill la Kill, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Shingeki no Kyojin...and a few more.
Answer a topic: How often do you watch anime? How often do you read Manga?

I watch anime more than I read manga, especially considering the only manga I read is probably Naruto, simply because the art style appeals to me more and the fact that the manga is ahead of the anime. As for my anime, I try to get to those as immediately as possible, taking in factors such as if a) my internets working as it should, and b) if I don't have work to do. Factor a is usually left blank, so I can't really watch anime as often as I wish, though I try.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Username: Nonon
Favourite Anime(s): Kill la Kill, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Shingeki no Kyojin...and a few more.

I watch anime more than I read manga, especially considering the only manga I read is probably Naruto, simply because the art style appeals to me more and the fact that the manga is ahead of the anime. As for my anime, I try to get to those as immediately as possible, taking in factors such as if a) my internets working as it should, and b) if I don't have work to do. Factor a is usually left blank, so I can't really watch anime as often as I wish, though I try.

Welcome welcome.

New topic:

What's your favorite genre of Anime or Manga?

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I might as join this one

Username: Judge Mandolore Shepard
Favorite Anime(s): Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Rosario+Vampire, Code Geass
Answer a topic: What is your favorite genre of Anime and Manga?: When it comes to genres of Anime and Manga, I find that mecha is my number one favorite genre.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I might as join this one

Username: Judge Mandolore Shepard
Favorite Anime(s): Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Rosario+Vampire, Code Geass
Answer a topic: What is your favorite genre of Anime and Manga?: When it comes to genres of Anime and Manga, I find that mecha is my number one favorite genre.

Welcome to the jungle, friend.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Username: Illusione-Tempus
Favorite anime(s): Do you really need me to pick one? P:
Answer a topic:

I used to often read Manga, but then I took a blocking to the manga sites.
aka. manga sites are blocked my ISP provider and I really want to switch to a different one. Heck, they blocked imgur as well, how much more annoying can it get? <_<

So now I watch anime more since I don't have blocking restrictions. About how often... I normally marathon whenever I found an interesting title that has already completed (considering I don't have a life) and weekly if there is anything I'm following at that season.

It depends on the mood. Do I fancy Psychological at the moment? Horror maybe? Or perhaps something that hits the tear ducts? This is normally after watching something good of that genre and I needed more of it.

But I would never be in a mood for the Mecha genre, unless something about it peaks my interest. Hey, I'm not a fan of giant robots after all. P:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Username: Illusione-Tempus
Favorite anime(s): Do you really need me to pick one? P:
Answer a topic:

I used to often read Manga, but then I took a blocking to the manga sites.
aka. manga sites are blocked my ISP provider and I really want to switch to a different one. Heck, they blocked imgur as well, how much more annoying can it get? <_<

So now I watch anime more since I don't have blocking restrictions. About how often... I normally marathon whenever I found an interesting title that has already completed (considering I don't have a life) and weekly if there is anything I'm following at that season.

It depends on the mood. Do I fancy Psychological at the moment? Horror maybe? Or perhaps something that hits the tear ducts? This is normally after watching something good of that genre and I needed more of it.

But I would never be in a mood for the Mecha genre, unless something about it peaks my interest. Hey, I'm not a fan of giant robots after all. P:

Welcome welcome.

Who is your overall most favorite character in anime/manga?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Username: acatfrommars
Favorite anime(s): One Piece, Air Gear, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Blue Dragon, Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bleach.

I watch a lot more anime than I read manga. I've recently started to watch anime a lot more actually. I read manga once or twice a week to catch up on my favorite series like One Piece, Naruto Shippuden, Bleach, Shingeki no Kyojin and Fairy Tail. So maybe an hour a week on manga. However, lately I at least watch 1-2 hours of anime a day. I keep up with Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei and No Game No Life each week. I'm also watching Kill La Kill and Log Horizon right now. I want to watch Magi, Mekakucity Actors, Angel Beats and Free! soon too.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Muh, I can join as well, I guess =)

Username: I love HanaKana Satoshi Ookami
Favorite anime(s): Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Anime - everyday unless I have an exam period
Manga - monthly

Romance probably...

Shiba... Tatsuya

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Hey, anyone here seen Log Horizon? Watching it right now, and really enjoying it! What about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? What did you guys think of that?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Obviously the Villain in Glasses - Shiroe from Log Horizon. I mean, he's smart, he's tall (in game anyway), he wears glasses (I have a glasses fetish), leaderlike, definitely not a mainstream warrior protagonist and a great person.
I'm sure I'll yet to find anybody who will replace him in greatness in a very long time. xD
Shiba Tatsuya doesn't wear glasses anyway lol. He's second place right now though.

Hey, anyone here seen Log Horizon? Watching it right now, and really enjoying it! What about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? What did you guys think of that?

Log Horizon... Haha, back when I was being a NEET (since I wasn't going to school or work for about 2 weeks), I marathoned the whole first season in a day (actually 3, but I spent a full day on 20 episodes). It is clearly something that is different from the other "trapped in an MMO" settings, and I really enjoyed it. xDD
Too bad I don't like rap openings

I can't comment on Jojo, as I'm not a fan of a realistic style. I even avoided American Superhero cartoons as well, just to point that out. Moreover, you probably won't see me watching a lot of live-action movies. Maybe I just don't like people. :/

Pikaruto

Pokemon ninja
Years
Wanna join!

Username: Pikaruto
Favorite anime(s): Naruto(for real), Pokemon, etc
Answer a topic:

• maybe 5-6 years (man, he say how often) oh maybe 1-5 a week
  • action, adventure, fantasy, humor
  • Naruto and maybe i like ash too

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years

If it wasn't obvious by my theme and username, Nonon Jakuzure. I love her personality, how she can be both cute and cold, and I just love how she acts to the rest of the Elite Four. Poor Sanageyama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back