• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Voting for Pokemon of the Year has started!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
In tying with the Pokemon Day celebrations, they appear to have been extended further up the month, as a vote has been opened on February 5th, set to close on February 14th, to determine Pokemon of the Year.
It's not known what exactly it'll entail, but who do you think will win?

Last edited:
Years
early congratulations to charizard!

on a more serious note....or, well, the above may be half-serious...I wonder who will win!

pkmin3033

Basically this.

...better Charizard than Lucario or Greninja though I suppose.

There are no words to adequately describe how much I dislike popularity contests when the result is practically a foregone conclusion >.>

HeroLinik

Years
As for what I think, I have a feeling that a Generation I mon is going to win this, or at least the top 10 is going to be inundated with them. Other than that, I do have a list of several other mons that I have a feeling are going to win this, or at least definitely place super high, cutting top 50, or even top 10:

Spoiler:

So with it being supposedly a foregone conclusion, there's still definitely all to play for. Bear in mind that the winner of the 2016 popularity poll was Greninja, although Pikachu and Charizard still placed highly.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2021
Wasn't there a massive poll where 52k people voted on their favourite Pokémon? I love this idea but I'm pretty sure it'll be one of the ones that got ranked highly. Charizard, Gengar, Eevee, Lucario,..

I'm voting for my boy Venusaur nonetheless!

HeroLinik

Years
Wasn't there a massive poll where 52k people voted on their favourite Pokémon? I love this idea but I'm pretty sure it'll be one of the ones that got ranked highly. Charizard, Gengar, Eevee, Lucario,..

I'm voting for my boy Venusaur nonetheless!

There was, four years ago. That one was won by Greninja.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Preemptive congratulations to Charizard, since it's definitely going to win if Wooloo or Yamper don't.

...Let's see how this vote goes.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
I think Mewtwo or Charizard will win. It's interesting to see how the voting system is done, it's likely that you'll be able to vote multiple times in a way or another so I don't care about the result.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I expect to be disappointed-but-not-surprised at the winner. But if there were a grassroots campaign to get some completely unexpected Pokémon to the top of the poll, I would probably support it over my fave just to laugh at the uproar.

Years
They should make the vote some sort of multi-round poll pitting certain Pokemon against each other (maybe by type?) in a tournament-like fashion. Then put all the winners of those polls into one final poll to determine the Pokemon of the Year.

Sounds like a winning formula to me!

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
But if there were a grassroots campaign to get some completely unexpected Pokémon to the top of the poll, I would probably support it over my fave just to laugh at the uproar.
There will be a campaign to get Stantler to the top of the poll.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Totes could see Charizard winning.

//Thinkrotomahouldwintho

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Voting has started. Article updated with the details!

I like how they separated into different regions/generations.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
The voting has started. I voted for Stantler because it stands for all neglected pokémon. #voteforstantler

Back