• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenBagon

Banned
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2017
i have those ows on my pc i use em as bases and the fakemon r from deviantart
also
2wfnx1w.png

Those pokemon are often found in groups of 20 or more and also are known for using its horns to hit its enemies.

BAASCHAF is alright
the shading BAASHAUN looks weird maybe try a different shading technique??

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Hey guys im posting here to tell you that Ill be out travelling for about one week, so dont expect any update or updates during this time. But Ill make a really cool update as soon as I come back ;p.

Following hPOKE suggestion, I added a bit more contrast on the battle boxes, does anyone thinks it's looking better?

6h10y8.png
29f85yt.png

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Oh, yes. This is a lot better than the previous (in terms of color). It has a very clean and professional look, the kind of thing you'd expect to find in a real game as opposed to an unfinished product. The only thing I have to question, and bear with me on my criticism, is the way the color of the experience bar changes like an HP bar would. The concept here is good, the colors, however, not so much.
I would suggest using only shades of blue for the bar. Honestly, the bright green seems to stick out too much, yet in a bad way.

Water Pokemon Trainer

Starting A New Leaf
Years
nice scratch fakemon my mate usually does really good splices so you cant tell whats been used but yeah really nice shading and all keep it up

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Feliger looks horrible, but all the other Pokemon look real nice

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Hello everyone! I am finally back from my travel, I really thought the thread would be at the second page when I came back, but it isn't! Anyways, as I promised, I will make an update!!

~~UPDATE~​

Even though this update is really small, I'm sure you all will like it! I'll show the new look of the PokéPod and also an edited Region Map, enjoy ;p!

PokéPod
Spoiler:

Region Map
Spoiler:

As I said, pretty small, but it was a really important one. Thats all for today!

Zorin

Pixies Dance
Years
Sorry I haven't been doing stuff for your game, I've been lazy with pixel art as well as school. I have made two new fakemon though, just see if you like 'em.

New update is cool, I like the pokepod.

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Im glad you liked it =p. Last week I started making my own battle animations, and guess what? I already have 90 animations done, and they are different for each move, and the best part is that im making them on my own style, that means that im not copying from the original games etc! Here is a teaser:

nqd57b.png

2nal5dl.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
That looks great man. I havent really seen people around here work on animations besides myself. It's great to see. In Infinite rainbow I had started the animations and now for malachite they are completely done. Great work! but I for one know how much work you still have to do.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
That looks great man. I havent really seen people around here work on animations besides myself. It's great to see. In Infinite rainbow I had started the animations and now for malachite they are completely done. Great work! but I for one know how much work you still have to do.

thats true, its hell lot of work to do. I have right now 106 done but I probably will need to make +100 of them I think. The types that I have already finished making the moves are:
Fighting, Fire, Flying, Bug, Grass, Steel, Dark, Ghost, Rock and Dragon.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
I like the new style of animations. That spider web must have taken you a really long time to create...
One thing I have to ask, though, is whether you are making new moves in this game. Seeing as how you are creating new tiles, new pokemon, a new region, and the whole nine yards, why don't you go the extra step with a greater movepool?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
I like the new style of animations. That spider web must have taken you a really long time to create...
One thing I have to ask, though, is whether you are making new moves in this game. Seeing as how you are creating new tiles, new pokemon, a new region, and the whole nine yards, why don't you go the extra step with a greater movepool?
Well i dont know what him and his team is doing with the animations but the spider web doesnt take anytime at all to put in the game.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Ehh... I'm no spriter. I just looked at the image, and it seemed to me to be pretty complex. However, I do agree that it would take little time to program the animation into the game.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
This web is from fr/lg, but I had to animate it for the game obviously. I had my first attempt at creating a gif and here it is...

resdd7b33e72b8752adce349c0c039f29bc12323955591.gif

NOTE: The actual animation has 4x more frames than that and also runs totally smoothly! I just couldnt take a screenshot of every animation frame!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back