• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHOM EVER KEEPS RAGE QUITTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Whenever I battle my friend from school online, he always disconnects after his team of all legends loses. He always denies that he DC's too; he says it's his wi-fi. But whenever he is about to lose...it magically goes out. D:

jimmefoxx

Beatlemaniac Jimme
Years
i get mad but honestly that day i wrote this i was really stoned...and so therefore i got angrier than i meant to be...but honestly it really is annoying...i just want to win once without some dude quitting

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I like winning. I think everyone does. However, I also realise nobody likes losing. Still, if you are losing, have the decency to take the loss and give the person who's winning some joy rather than quitting and leaving them with an empty feeling. :|

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I've yet to have anybody rage quit on me. I did however have one person keep me waiting for like ten minutes on what move they were going to use, just in hopes that I would leave the battle... pff, please, it was inevitable at that point! I have all the time in the world for a Pokemon battle lol.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Oh right, this exists T_T I'm not looking forward to it. I know the feeling, I've played KeyQuest. And don't get of started on time takers.

Kendosis

Gym Leader
Years
I've played over 100 matches, and I can proudly say, at least 59 of them ended with the opponent rage quitting...

Phototoxin

Lord of Darkness
Years
I got rage-quitted on four times in double battle. Yes my pokes are better trained than you, yes I'm more sneaky and no I don't care that all yours are shiny. That's still no reason to rage quit.

That said I take the exception at slow pokes vs fast pokes that have been speed IV+EVed ...

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
I've yet to have anybody rage quit on me. I did however have one person keep me waiting for like ten minutes on what move they were going to use, just in hopes that I would leave the battle... pff, please, it was inevitable at that point! I have all the time in the world for a Pokemon battle lol.

haha i wish i won't experience this one... don't like waiting for opponent's to make a move.

i wish gamefreak would implement a timer for every turn (40 or 60 seconds would be good).

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
When I was a looooot younger - like, at least ten years ago or something - I can imagine myself rage quitting when playing my brother over a GBA link cable match or something. Of course, he was two years younger than me, so he'll have often done it as many, if not more, times than me. Nowadays, I don't really play battles with other people, so I don't know what I'd do... sometimes if I'm playing Facebook Tetris Battle and I'm losing, I have a tendency to rage quit, so I guess I'd probably do the same with Pokemon. Eep... I'm a bad person!

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
Years
Though it sometimes is tempting you really shouldn't do it. It's really annoying when someone does this. Sometimes I've made amazing comebacks in these situations.

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 15, 2011
I've only ragequit once, and that was when I was getting my ass kicked by a Protect-spamming level 1... Cottonee, I think it was, and I was getting supremely aggravated. XD. I immediately went back into another battle after I did that, though, because I felt bad about it, and then was defeated honestly without any quitting from either side. XD

jimmefoxx

Beatlemaniac Jimme
Years
i recently rage quit(yes i freaking am a hypocrite) i was very stoned and realized the person i was battling haxed his blaziken to have a different ability...the point being if im a true pokemon masta i shoulda beat him anyways cheat and all..so any one named AJAE (ithink) please get at me i wanna freaking rematch im ready for you...cheat all you want ima win=)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
You're exaggerating quite a bit here. The fact that some people (immaturely) whine about "rage quitting" does not change the fact that it is a very immature action. Besides, everyone has the right to get at least a little ticked off when someone "rage quits" on them. It simply ruins the experience of battling. The person could have easily selected "run" and forfeited, but they didn't. It's like someone flipping over the chess board when they make a mistake and get their queen taken away. They could have easily just tipped their king over and given in. And I don't think that anyone here is even implying that "a ruined win/loss ratio equals a ruined life." That is a huge exaggeration on your part.

Bottom line: Rage quitting in anything, not just Pokémon is immature. It would not be tolerated in a competition and therefore should not be done.

This. And if you're going to forfeit due to anger, at least do it in the bounds of the game, rather than in a metagame format (as in, "beyond the actual game". I.e., "ragequitting" via a hardware disconnect {taking advantage that the Pokemon experience is confined to hardware limitations} rather than an in-game option).

I'm going to go ahead and move this over to Pokémon Gaming Central where you can discuss what you think about the rage quits people go through in all games, since this isn't really Black and White specific.

I do however find it immature when people disconnect when they are at loss in a battle. The luck in a battle and the winning person at the moment of it can change very quickly, so it's always best to see what happens in the end. That's what makes the match better imo, but others like to lead the winning progress. It's unfortunate that they would disconnect if they are not however. :\

This. I remember one time I was going to "ragequit" in the Battle Tower because I was very close to being on the verge of losing, yet by some miracle, I managed to turn the tide of the battle around and achieved victory. That incident alone has helped me to persevere in real life...

I'm still conflicted as to whether I should keep track of my win-loss ratio, because if the loss count begins to become excessive, I fear that my anger will get the best of me if I continue to lose... :\

The only time I will actually "ragequit" in a battle is when the opponent is clearly using hacked Pokemon. If it was caught in a "hacked" Master Ball or was "hacked" to be shiny, I probably wouldn't care. However, illegal/unofficial hacked moves and abilities in the vein of Wondertomb (Spiritomb with illegal Wonder Guard) are definite no-nos. Perceived "high" IVs would be gray areas, because there is a chance, albeit very small, of getting a Pokemon with high IVs, even 31 IVs in each stat...

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
I do not participate in this wifi stranger battling thing. I do not participate in wifi activities period except to make a trade with a friend every once in a blue moon.

I have not had a battle with another human player since my bestie and another friend a few times back in the original Silver/Gold days with the GBC connector cable and my original late silver. No one ever quit on me though, and I always won mostly due to being armed with my three top pokemon, my level 100's.

If not for them though my bestie pretty much matched me with her team levels in her gold. We had played through them side by side pretty much the whole time through. We even beat the elite four for the first time sitting right next to each other the next morning of a sleepover.

Those were the days.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I'm guessing that if someone rage quits, it won't count as a win for you eh? I had someone rage quit on me in the Rated game mode earlier and it doesn't look like it counted as a win for me... kinda stupid. :/

Drekin

We all live in a...
Years
If people didn't rage quit I would have about 6 more wins than I do now. The ones that REALLY annoy me are the people that quit right as their last Pokemon is about to faint from my final blow. If you're going to quit do it earlier so you don't waste any more of my time.

I don't normally quit my random match-ups but there was ONE time that I quit. It was a triple battle and the opponent had 6 WaterAbsorb-using Pokemon that all continuously used Surf. I knew there was a 0% chance of me winning because only one of my Pokemon resisted water-type moves. So I left once I KO'ed one Pokemon and saw another WaterAbsorbing Pokemon take its place.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I never play online or through wifi. But I have shut off my game in the middle of a battle due to frutstration. Sometimes it is just better to take a break and cool down.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
Years
Yeah If I'm going to rage quit. I usually run because the person deserves the win, but I'm sometimes like... irked... about the way they won. Of course I don't play random unova battles cause I'm sick of seeing garchomp.

Woobat

Koromori
Years
Yes, my random matchup record is very bad because of this. I don't do this, I understand that the right thing to do is be the better person and take the loss, even if other people are rage quitting on you. It really disheartens you when you think you have a win and your opponent disconnects on you, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back