• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

안녕 hello and nice to meet you ^^

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
Nice to meet everyone ^^ I'm Alex and I'm 21. I've been playing Pokemon since I inherited my brothers blue version in 1999 but I never beat it. Lol then in 2000 I got yellow and finally completed. I got gold in 2001 and I'd say its my favorite game. I played sapphire and beat it but didn't do much. I played ruby where I got my first Pokemon finally lvl 100 as swampert in 2006. Also played leaf green. I've got platinum heartgold and white now.
For myself not related to Pokemon I'm 21 male I live in Virginia and I'm studying Korean (I'm white lol). I love Korean culture like music (no not gangnam style -_-) food language so on. I'm fascinated by philosophy language statistics and classification. Anything else just ask ;)

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Hey there Alex, welcome to PokeCommunity. Your favorite Pokemon game is Gold huh? Mine was Crystal, which is basically a better Gold :P Do you plan to get X or Y when it comes out? I'm pretty excited about it. I commend you for learning Korean, I can't even learn Mandarin which is my own native tongue :l too many characters.

In any case, I hope you enjoy your time here at PokeCommunity.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hi, Alex!

Welcome to PokéCommunity! I have also been playing since the release of the original games in 1998. It's been a while, haha! At least you're not alone when it comes to having older players to chat with on here! It seems like you've played through a lot of the games, which is pretty awesome. I've done the same, and I cherish each generation like the first.

You're studying Korean, eh? That's pretty interesting. Is it difficult? & LOL @ the Gangnam style! That song got old pretty fast, right? I see you're very interested in the Korean culture and language, which is pretty cool.

Hope to see you around!

zennyboiz

Wailord Extraordinaire
Years
Nice to meet everyone ^^ I'm Alex and I'm 21. I've been playing Pokemon since I inherited my brothers blue version in 1999 but I never beat it. Lol then in 2000 I got yellow and finally completed. I got gold in 2001 and I'd say its my favorite game. I played sapphire and beat it but didn't do much. I played ruby where I got my first Pokemon finally lvl 100 as swampert in 2006. Also played leaf green. I've got platinum heartgold and white now.
For myself not related to Pokemon I'm 21 male I live in Virginia and I'm studying Korean (I'm white lol). I love Korean culture like music (no not gangnam style -_-) food language so on. I'm fascinated by philosophy language statistics and classification. Anything else just ask ;)

We're both from Virginia! That's cool. Really awesome to see you've played from the beginning! K-Pop and the culture in general is really awesome and I commend your learning of the language (I could never do that)! From a fellow new member, welcome.

Years
Hi Alex and welcome to PC! Oh wow that's quite a while ago, and its a shame you never beat it.. but hey at least you finished yellow. :P
Also that's a lot of memories when it comes to Pokemon, you can never run away from your past that's for sure haha.
Virginia huh.. how is it there?
I'm about to turn 20 this year actually, you'll find plenty of people much older all around the site too ha.
Studying Korean wow... I made a fuss being forced to learn French for school and your learning something much more difficult! Good for you, hope it goes amazing for you.
Also very nice interests, you'll have no problem meeting people here, and you seem like a nice person to be around.
Anyways be sure to look around in the areas that'll suit you, and if you ever feel like a chat, or any questions feel free to come talk to me. :P
Hope to see you around. :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
@tabor I hope to get x or y but first I need a 3ds. Also Korean is much easier than mandarin thankfully xD

@gyaradosamped yeah I'm late to gen 4&5 but they're awesome. Some of my new favorite areas and Pokemon come from them ^^

@zennyboiz I've quite enjoyed my years of Pokemon and its been a thing between my brother and I both since the start. Cool to see someone from va too ^^ I'm 804 ;)

@brickbuster thanks. Virginia's pretty boring lol I love history and there's plenty of that around but thanks to field trips u pretty much see all the state has to offer in the way of history by the time u reach 6th grade. Lol and actually a few times over depending on your proximity to said historical sites xD

Anyways thanks to all of you for reading and welcoming and greeting me. Hope to find a nice little niche to play around on here lol

Years
I'm 21, too! Welcome to PokeCommunity and it is quite a pleasure to meet you. :D

Never beat Blue?! That's blasphemy, I demand you go finish the game right now! Red and Blue were amazing despite the dated graphics, so even now they're really fun to play. Glad to hear you've been beating the later games though and hopefully you've been enjoying Platinum, HeartGold, and White so far. Any plans to try Black 2 and/or White 2? Cool you've heard about X and Y, do you have an opinion on it? Always fun to ask about that nowadays since the 3D graphics is a pretty big jump from the graphics we've been used to getting in the main series Pokemon games. Boy am I glad I got my 3DS XL for Christmas. <3;

Korea has always had an interesting culture to me as well, so I can see where you're coming from. I love languages and cultures as a whole though, but my main interest lies in German and Japanese for the most part. And on the topic of Gangnam style... I think I've only listened to it on my own once. I mean, it's catchy, but not something I can leave on repeat for two hours. xD;

That's all from me though, have fun here! Contact me whenever if you need any help at all~!

Years
Hi Alex, and welcome!

I'm pretty close to your age as well, so yeah we do have several members here aged in their 20's. Most are usually long-time fans like me, even though I didn't play a Pokemon game until the days of Ruby and Sapphire. Glad to see you're enjoying Platinum, HeartGold and White. Such great games, I do love Black/White and Black 2/White 2 a lot. If you want to discuss those games you should head over to Black and White as well as Fourth Generation Games which have discussions covering said games. I hang out in those parts a lot so expect to see a few posts from me there.

X and Y are also gonna be awesome, I've been a fan of the starters since they're so cute (however my all-time fave will always be Oshawott from 5th Gen) and if you want to discuss all things X and Y, head over to the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y which should have it all covered, including its own General Chat thread. Thankfully I'm prepared already since I got my 3DS XL last Christmas. Still can't decide which starter to pick when I get the games cos they're all so cute!

Also, I see you're into Korean culture. What made you like it so much? I've only heard of Gangnam Style (which is still catchy lol) but I like Japanese culture better, as well as my home country of Australia. If you ever need help, feel free to ask any moderators like Cirno above me, or any of those other bold blue guys. They aren't too difficult to spot.

Have an awesome time here and send me a VM if you need to talk.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Hi, Alex, and welcome to PC! I think you should check Pokemon Gaming Central. It really fits you. You're learning Korean culture? that's nice! Nice to meet you, and happy Pokecommunitying!

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
Well, on everyone's comments about x and y, honestly that's y I picked up playing again. Haha I plan on being able to make a team of 6 fully evolved water starters hehehe since I got caught up on gen IV I've found it so fun playing with blastoise feraligatr and swampert on one team and as soon as I can get hold of a second ds I'll be sending those three along with empoleon from platinum into my white version to join samurott. I'm just a water starter fanatic lol. But I hate hate penguins and I don't like steel types (particularly the fact that its weak to fighting, the fire starters' most common second type and it ruins the whole Rock Paper Scissors of the starters lol purist ranting xD ) so I've got mixed feelings about piplup (also don't like the whole pride gimmick) but he's a water starter just like the rest. So, when x and y come out I'll get one of them. However, as I came so late to each gen IV and V, I already knew what Pokemon were there so I'm avoiding spoiling as much as possible with gen VI so it's all new. Haha can't wait to have a team of blastoise feraligatr swampert empoleon samurott and [froakie's full form] muahahahahha

Back