• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gimmick Pokémon Challenge

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Hello everyone and welcome to my first challenge; 'The Gimmick Pokémon Challenge'.
The main rule of this challenge is to have a team that consists of gimmick Pokémon.

Don't know what gimmick Pokémon are? According to Bulbapedia:
''Gimmick Pokémon is a term for a Pokémon that usually possesses at least one (or usually more) of the following characteristics:
*Has a movepool limited to very few moves.
*Has a unique Ability.
*Is considered by some to have been made to introduce a game mechanic.
*Has a unique feature.''

Rules
* This challenge is only for Generation III-IV-V.
* HM Slaves are allowed, however, they cannot be a gimmick Pokémon.
* Duplicate Pokémon are not allowed.
* You may hack/trade your Pokémon.
* You may evolve only 1 Pokémon that is not in the list, i.e. Feebas or Eevee.
* Legendaries are limited to only 1 per team.
* Arceus needs to stay Normal Type.
* Genesect may not hold a Drive Item.
* You must have a team consisting of at least 3 Pokémon.

Modes
Spoiler:

List of Gimmick Pokémon per generation;

R/S/FR/LG/E
Spoiler:

D/P/Pt/HG/SS
Spoiler:

B/W/B2/W2
Spoiler:

The challenge is completed once you defeated Steven(RS) - Wallace (E) - Rival Champion(FRLG) - Cynthia(DPPt) - Lance(HGSS) - Ghetsis(BW) - Iris(B2W2).

SIGN-UP FORM
Spoiler:

MY SIGN UP FORM
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just posting to say the OP is going to edit in a sign up, so nobody go off reporting this thread please. :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
People can already take this challenge! I've signed-up so feel free to take the challenge!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
So can we evolve any of these Pokemon such as Feebas or Eevee, or do we have to use the basic forms?
Feebas and Eevee for example may not evolve, because they aren't gimmick anymore once they evolved and they are not in the list. Pokemon like Shellos and Deerling may evolve 'cause their evolutions are in the list.

Added Hard Mode and adjusted some rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back