• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie101

Woah
Years
Just WPA2 stuff.

I can't find any answers. How do I make WPA2 wifi work on Pokemon B2W2 so I can trade,battle etc. I have to use my neighbor to use wifi for this game. Anyway to make it work.

matsuko

Alliterating Artist
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
it depends entirely on which kind of ds you are using. if you're using a ds/lite, you're out of luck. those systems were made before wpa even existed.

if you've got a dsi or 3ds, you should be good. one thing though, is to know the security settings. since it's your neighbors' network, you may have to ask them for the password if you don't already know it. a 3ds will automatically detect what kind of security is on the network, so no need to worry about that.

i used to do tech help for nintendo, so i've helped people with this before. so let me know if you've got any other questions! :D

ShiningLust

Gym Leader of Ground Oden
Years
well i was trying to say is that i am looking for a area to train my team im trying to do the best IV training with these does anyone know what i need to do to maximize IV training so if anyone can help me with this by telling what pokes i have to fight or where i need to go

this is my new team so if u can help it would really make me happy

Gible
LVL. 1
Adamant

Zorus
LVL. 1
Quirky

Nuzleaf
LVL. 14
Serious

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
well i was trying to say is that i am looking for a area to train my team im trying to do the best IV training with these does anyone know what i need to do to maximize IV training so if anyone can help me with this by telling what pokes i have to fight or where i need to go

this is my new team so if u can help it would really make me happy

Gible
LVL. 1
Adamant

Zorus
LVL. 1
Quirky

Nuzleaf
LVL. 14
Serious

IMO, the Battle Institute in Nimbasa City is your best bet of checking for IVs. All the Pokemon you enter there are set to level 50 for the duration of the challenge, as the higher the level of your Pokemon, the easier it is to check its IVs.

The best places to EV train in are:
-HP: Castelia Sewers - Grimer; 1 HP EV (spring and summer only, Surf)
-Attack: Flocessy Ranch - Lillipup, Patrat, Riolu, Pidove; 1 Attack EV each
-Defense: Relic Castle - Sandshrew, Yamask; 1 Defense EV each
-Special Attack: Celestial Tower - Litwick; 1 Special Attack each
-Special Defense: Virbank City - Frillish; 1 Special Defense EV each (Surf)
-Speed: Route 20 or Aspertia City - Basculin; 2 Speed EVs each (Surf)

Power items make EV training easier.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
are u talk about Black 2 cuz i cant find Flocessy Ranch in Black

Then you asked in the wrong thread. There's a separate Black/White Quick Questions thread stickied in this forum.

Anyway, Route 1 is your best bet for EV training, as both Patrat and Lillipup give Attack EVs.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't think you get it until after you've beaten the E4. You then get to challenge Hugh in Undella Bay again before facing off against one of the sages and learning about the Abyssal Ruins. That I think is when you get dive.

Years
How to catch kyeurem & how to get DNA Splicer.

After beating the Elite Four and getting the National Dex, you find Kyurem in the Giant Chasm, by climbing those stairs in the forest area to get to the cave where it's found. The DNA splicers will be obtained after catching (or knocking out) Kyurem, and you can then fuse it with a Reshiram or Zekrom to get its alternate formes.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Thief?

I have a Gothitelle with the move Thief to make use of it's ability Frisk. I use it in the PWT with a Dark Gem and she doesn't steal anything. Even when Frisk tells me the opponent has an item. Thoughts anyone?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
That's because your Gothitelle is already holding a Dark Gem. For Thief to work, your Pokemon cannot be holding an item.

Didn't realize that there may be a chance for the Dark Gem to be consumed, so I'm actually not sure about it anymore.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I would assume that that means that in order for Thief to work, the pokemon can't be holding anything at the beginning of the turn, since using the Dark Gem during the turn doesn't seem to work.

Logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back