• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst RNG Abuse Experience

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
What's your worst RNG Abuse experience?

Personally, I hate DW abuse in Black and White. Calibrating and everything for C-Gear, the fact that you hit BOTH even and odd frames, no control over the PID frame, and lastly, no method known to confirm if your hit your C-Gear seed. RNG abusing this Arceus in DW is so frustrating. I always get crappy natures like Serious, Sassy, and Hardy.

So, what's yours?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Mine was when I was trying to abuse my Shiny Thundurus. I found many seeds for it in White after searching and searching and then I just couldn't hit the frame. So, I abused my IDs for a PID that was lower and played the game up to Thundurus. I couldn't hit the frame! The way the PIDRNG works made me skip it every time. So, I found a frame that I could hit and I re-beat the game again after re-abusing my IDs -.- I finally got that sucker, but boy was it really annoying. Took me a few weeks, to boot.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
My worst RNG experience would have to be ID and Wondercard abuse on fourth generation. I barely have the patience to deal with delays. I'm not crazy enough to delve into DW abuse. XP

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Ohai~!

The worst RNG abuse was my Beldum in Platinum. It was before I became a baws in hitting delays and I decided to get a fancy Dive Ball Beldum. First, I was doing the time and date shenanigans to get proper swarm. Then, I got an Arceus Ghost with False Swipe to get 1HP on Beldum, Got a Gengar, so I could put it to sleep with Hypnosis - Ghost type is the key as Beldum's only move is Take Down. Caught an Adamant syncher (times before pokecheck), I battled two Pokemon on two different dates to get get my journal entries (times before Chatot flips). My seed and preferred date/time were already found, so I got my Sweet Scenter went to Beldum's location and started hitting my delay. After ~20-25 tries, I got it, then I got lost counting journal flips, so I had to hit the delay once again. Did it after about 5 tries. This time I flipped correctly, everything was fine, so? No thing to use, time to use Sweet Scent! Aaaaand...
cnADUCJVLIBDFKDJVBALJB %#*^#(&%*&!!!1 Sandstorm blocked it...

I never got that Beldum eventually... I caught a few Metang and Metagross (both shiny and regular) in BW.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
By far when I was still new to RNG, I tried to RNG a perfect shiny thunderous. I was getting closer and closer to my frame, but of course, I was doing this in the wee hours of the morning (3 AM-ish). For some reason, my half asleep brain decided it was a good idea to save after checking it was not the real thing. I still have not caught it but I have a copy of white ready to be cracked open when I feel it's time.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Probably my first few attempts at RNGing. I ended up pretty frustrated. I had downloaded my reporter earlier that day, and had *finally* learned exactly how to do it. I still needed to read the instructions I had found, because I had nothing memorized, but I at least had an idea about it.
After downloading EonTimer (without realizing that you don't need it for Gen IV RNG breeding) and being intimidated by instructions, I finally found a more simple guide that didn't involve delays.

It did take less than a day to finally get my shiny Eevee, but it was obnoxious to keep failing. By the time I finally got him, I actually expected it to not be shiny. Needless to say, it certainly surprised me when it was. <3

Last edited:

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
would have to be my first RNG abuse back in 4th gen games... especially clearing my save to abuse my ID is an absolute mess at first.. Decided not to RNG my ID then finished the game normally then again change my mind to RNG my ID and clearing the game again... boy, that was tedious.

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
Years
Two actually, both on my Black 2. We all know that Black 2's Timer0 is very trolly. I was RNGing my Trainer ID for some time then when I got it, could not save because there is already a save file. Another is when I tried to RNG the Hidden Ability Eevee they give you. I tried to RNG it to be Flawless, Shiny, and Female. I found a frame that was quite high,but still went for it. When I got it, I found out that it can't be female and can't be shiny :(

Back