• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
And I'm in a room alone and depressed and hopped up on Prozac on PC as I'm typing this.
Can't find the one I was looking for, So I'll post this one instead.

uXTGx.jpg

Anyway, play some video games. Those always make me feel better.

Job fairs suck. Overcrowded, and like you said, the chances of actually getting a job from one is pretty slim.

droomph

weeb
Years
Spoiler:

Yeah, you're right. Raus and Amir always make me feel better.

So why not Monster.com or something and get an interview? Are you just there because you can, or has there been some problems and you've been forced to take that route?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Freaky is it like a waterpark or something? That's what my local waterpark does, hires people on the spot at the job fair.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Freaky is it like a waterpark or something? That's what my local waterpark does, hires people on the spot at the job fair.

That what the water parks here in Louisiana do. All of them. They'll make anyone a lifeguard. Legit.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
So why not Monster.com or something and get an interview? Are you just there because you can, or has there been some problems and you've been forced to take that route?

I figured I'd give it a try when I found out about the job fair.

I'm only looking for seasonal work over the summer. When I start school in the fall, I'll only work part-time; probably on campus.

It's an amusement park.
It does have some water rides, though.

UPDATE:
I didn't get the job.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I enjoy my job too!

And shiny Lapras is awesomeee.

droomph

weeb
Years
I figured I'd give it a try when I found out about the job fair.

I'm only looking for seasonal work over the summer. When I start school in the fall, I'll only work part-time; probably on campus.
I figured getting a job for the summer was as easy as pulling up to your closest Safeway or Target and filling out that form on the machine. But yeah.
UPDATE:
I didn't get the job.
:\ Well, there's always Gamestop.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
My job owns ALL YO JOBS.

And I will personally punch anyone who posts a picture of Steve Jobs during this discussion.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
Must you present temptation?

Completely normal to feel nervous before starting your first job, right? Though I'll welcome the monotonous and mundane routine of the workplace with open arms, I still think I won't be able to juggle it along effectually with university classes going on. You can tell I'm not used to working.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
For some reason I can do my job in only three hours from the eight hours I have to do it in, so the other 5 hours I can just browse PC and chat with people.

It's a good time to get stuff done as well as there are much fewer distractions.

Dr.Kotov

& the symptoms.
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
Haha, efficient on your part or misconceived time allotment by the manager?
For the love of me, I don't think I'd be able to control the cynic in me when I'm dealing with acrid and arrogant customers.

There's always paid internships I suppose.
Harder to attain but definitely rewarding.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I'd like to think efficiency, but I might just be flattering myself there. You'd have to ask my manager how well he thinks I do . xD

You've got a certain amount of security with an intern-ship too.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
My first job in the industry was over the summer of my first year of Uni as a Production Assistant for a company that did animated commercials (my job dealt with applying to film festivals, scanning, compositing, colouring animation, and dealing with people/ the phone.) I was super nervous at first but easily got into it.
Second place in the industry was my internship at Disney working on Split Second DLC and prototype anims for a game that was in development. I learned a lot and I was so happy with that experience. It was a big move.

:33 Now I'm working at Sega as an animator (suuuper nervous when I started, too.. aren't we all?) and so happy that one of the games I am working on will get announced soon :333 So I will finally be able to spazz and talk about what I am actually working on <3333

Man I love working in Games.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I'm trying to get into medicine as a major(cause medicine is the best major ever) but I'm totally interested in developing my own game, even though I have absolutely no experience with anything computer related haha :( I really hope there's a little bit of free time and the "busy doctor" stuff was totally exaggerated, but I know that's not true.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I work at a computer repair shop.

Nice and simple.

I write a bit in my free time, hope to publish a few books one of these years.

Years
Mine is awesome and I am happy with my pay. It is fun being an IT Technician for a University, because you don't do the same thing every day; varies a hell of a lot.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back