• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon SkyLine

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
It seems that if you decide to name your starter given by Joseph the game makes you name Eevee and you still have it later.So i don't think thats fixed yet.

How many times have I re-scripted, investigated, and tested that event, and still it's bugged? x,x
Ugh...

Tsch... DJG, cutting Flamethrower's power?! How could do this to us :/

I don't really remember why I did that, though I seem to recall seeing its base power like that on the newer PKMN games.
*checks serebii*
You know what? Never mind. I'll change it back. *whistles*

Okay...I just entered Twinkle town's PC and was warped to Vulcan town.
Has this happened to anyone else?I might have the wrong ROM or something.

I must have forgotten to change the warp back when I was testing Vulcan Town.
I'll fix it then.

Um, isn't Vulcan Town the one with the volcano event? That's past the present beta. HAHA.

Yeah, it is. The events there aren't done yet though...

---------

UPDATE
SendSpace | MediaFire

I have uploaded a fixed version of the beta.
Here's the change log~
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Hmm...a level 10 bug? Strange. Hey, DJG, will you add those "You chose ending". You know, like in LoG, you choose bad, normal or good side.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2014
Hi Jagold!

I have a little problem, when I got out of Mount Starlight and cut down the tree in Spring Woods, Jorex comes up and wants to battle me.
When the battle sequence starts my screen gets all black.

Do you know anything I can do?

Thanks for your hack dude!

Years
There is a way to that spot from the town to your right.

And yeah, why cut Flamethrower's power?

EDIT: Okay...I just entered Twinkle town's PC and was warped to Vulcan town.

Has this happened to anyone else?I might have the wrong ROM or something.
Can you show me with a screenshot or something. I have searched that naughty path for about an hour or so but still I am unsuccessful :(

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hmm...a level 10 bug? Strange. Hey, DJG, will you add those "You chose ending". You know, like in LoG, you choose bad, normal or good side.

The reason why I restarted the hack was for me to avoid that level 10 bug, since I have no idea how to fix that.
Also, different endings, I am not sure. The game is still quite in its early stages though.

Hi Jagold!

I have a little problem, when I got out of Mount Starlight and cut down the tree in Spring Woods, Jorex comes up and wants to battle me.

I haven't encountered that problem, but I'll do some investigation.
Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Another glitch : The first time you battle Cal, if you walk on the right side of the path you will end up battling"Hex Maniac Kindra".Also when you exit the house in the middle of Comet Town you end exiting the PC.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Anyways, DJG, 10 level bug isn't present anymore I hope? =)

I sure hope so.

Another glitch : The first time you battle Cal, if you walk on the right side of the path you will end up battling"Hex Maniac Kindra".Also when you exit the house in the middle of Comet Town you end exiting the PC.

Thanks for that. I'll fix them soon.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
DJG, a question...when you meet Gold in the beach where the ship game is, you can't surf, It's a bug or It's normal?

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
@DJG: I have a suggestion, could you include something like a world tournament something, with all the great trainers of previuos games included. Or the academy thing in LoG. That was nice. :D

Oh, and will the story continue until Kanto? Just asking.

Years
@DJG: I have a suggestion, could you include something like a world tournament something, with all the great trainers of previuos games included. Or the academy thing in LoG. That was nice. :D

Oh, and will the story continue until Kanto? Just asking.
Well basically as he said this hack is all different from LoG story he might not add the similar thing in Skyline. But like that World tournament which is quite becoming popular in PokeWorld, he might add that in future. You never know :classic:

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
Well basically as he said this hack is all different from LoG story he might not add the similar thing in Skyline. But like that World tournament which is quite becoming popular in PokeWorld, he might add that in future. You never know :classic:

Well, the story in the academy thing from LoG could be made totally different from the story in SkyLine if ever he does add it. :D I just wanna see my main character learning something even me myself don't know. HAHA. And it could include some information that most beginner trainers don't know, like, breeding lessons and EV training perhaps?

BTW, I can't believe I misspelled previous with "previuos". *sigh*

@DJG: I downloaded your last update. Beta 1.2. I tried to patch the .ips file, and when I loaded it with VBA, it loads the Base Ruby Rom. The same goes with the .ups file.

Needing help. XD

EDIT: My bad. It's the SkyLine game. XD But my, DJG haven't you changed the titlescreen as well the intro yet?

Last edited:

Ashor

Devil Summoner
Years
Some bugs I found
One of the houses in Comet town warps me to the Gym when I leave it.
Also when I go into the house on the bottom right of Twinkle Town and leave it I warp to Pasifidlog(sp?) Town. From there I can go to the PokeCenter and warp back to Twinkle Town but if I got through the house on the top left I end up at the house in Route 1

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Some bugs I found
One of the houses in Comet town warps me to the Gym when I leave it.
Also when I go into the house on the bottom right of Twinkle Town and leave it I warp to Pasifidlog(sp?) Town. From there I can go to the PokeCenter and warp back to Twinkle Town but if I got through the house on the top left I end up at the house in Route 1

Thank you. I have fixed them now.

But my, DJG haven't you changed the titlescreen as well the intro yet?

I am not planning on changing the title screen yet, not until I'll figure out of a proper way to insert it.
As for the intro, I'll be changing it once I figure out why Advance Text isn't functioning properly with my PC.

Sum

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2019
Hi Jagold!

I have encountered the same.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Skyline is a very interesting name. So, it will connect to the sky then? Then maybe Rayquaza will show up there? Well who knows, I'm just too excited. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back