• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
awh. my Ranger's challenge thread is at it's deathbed again. sadface.

anywho, just got my Platinum run done for the GT challenge, woot! Let's get this party started! I'm guessing we'd all be breeding new teams and such.
Yes, breeding or catching.
Happy 4th, CI&D! Have we any new Challenges in the works (Looks like no)? I just realized I've been doing the same Nuzlocke for two weeks and I'm not even half-done! If there is a new event like Necrum says, I'll do it probably.
As Jak said, there is a challenge event coming up for Get Together. So when you guys need to sign up for it it's going to be in the Get Together forum rather than this forum.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Necrum did a great job with the GT challenge, you guys. Seriously, you're going to love it! I'm already super excited for it. I did a good job with the...thread layout. :D That's important. lol

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Necrum did a great job with the GT challenge, you guys. Seriously, you're going to love it! I'm already super excited for it. I did a good job with the...thread layout. :D That's important. lol

Shush you're important too!
Really looking forward Necrum, don't dissappoint me!
BTW quick question: i need to use a "clean" rom beaten, like a regular game (Emerald, Red, Black 2 etc.) or do i have to finish a challenge and then save the files to play?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Shush you're important too!
Really looking forward Necrum, don't dissappoint me!
BTW quick question: i need to use a "clean" rom beaten, like a regular game (Emerald, Red, Black 2 etc.) or do i have to finish a challenge and then save the files to play?
The game can be a challenge save or just a normal play through, it doesn't matter which as long as it has the Elite 4 completed. Personally I'll be using my game that I use for breeding.

Years
Yeah, we'll find out what this is about tomorrow, I take it.

What about Black and White? Do they only have to have beaten Ghetsis? And the Johto games for that matter, where do you have to be for them?

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

b-but it's already Sunday here! I demand you show us naoo! Nah, i keed i keed...nah i don't. Release the Furrets!

*huff huff* oh, this excitement >< got all week tho...so chill, me.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Yeah, we'll find out what this is about tomorrow, I take it.

What about Black and White? Do they only have to have beaten Ghetsis? And the Johto games for that matter, where do you have to be for them?
The credits just have to have rolled in the game. So for Johto games, any time after beating Lance the first time. In Black and White, it's any time after beating Ghetsis. How far in you are after that doesn't matter though. You could have 0 Kanto badges in HGSS or all 8 and have beaten Red, it doesn't matter. You just have to have beaten the main story of the game.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
The credits just have to have rolled in the game. So for Johto games, any time after beating Lance the first time. In Black and White, it's any time after beating Ghetsis. How far in you are after that doesn't matter though. You could have 0 Kanto badges in HGSS or all 8 and have beaten Red, it doesn't matter. You just have to have beaten the main story of the game.

Dang it! I don't have any finished games. Guess i'll start workin' on that in the morning!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Dang it! I don't have any finished games. Guess i'll start workin' on that in the morning!
I have completed saves for Black and White and the sequels if anyone needs something to work with for the challenge and can emulate. I also have an old random save of Diamond from when I bought it used.

Last edited:

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
And then there's me, who didn't notice the name change yet.
Congrats Necrum, it should have happened a lot earlier but we needed you to be able to edit our posts I guess.

Also Jak, where did you say the GT Challenge thread was?

Years
So after one of my recent playthroughs where I used the nicknaming theme of naming Pokémon after modern constellations, I was thinking of possibly a challenge based on those constellations themselves. There are a lot of them and they represent certain things, however it'd take a while to list out every constellation and consider what there would be to fit certain Pokémon into for specific ones.

Still an idea that I would consider, if I could figure out how to organize it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There are crickets chirping in here, haha. How is everyone doing on their GT event?! :) It ends tomorrow! For the record, I'm super behind haha. I plan on finishing today.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I actually just finished up my GT11 challenge! I got to use some Pokemon that I haven't used before, and it was fun building up my team and getting them Elite Four ready.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I've made good progress on the GT challenge. Most of them are in their 50s and one hit 60. Another is straggling along in the mid 40s. I got bored of re-doing the restaurant battles, but my Giratina hit level 100. I got that when Pokebank was recently released in Japan, and I kept using it as my Fly slave. :o

Should I event count it as the third Pokemon I have ever raised to level 100. I got it from the GTS around level 60s and I think it is foreign/hacked flag because it gained experience like CRAZY. It has perfect IVs and was from Johto.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm rebattling restaurants like crazy today so that I can finish on time. I'm sure I'll be able to at the pace I'm going. The team is shaping up nicely even though it has 2 NFEs and nothing that's really top tier, aside from Absol.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm making my way there. Battling in LeWow to get to the 60s. This event has definitely been a success, so expect me to do more with the concept in the future. I already have something in the works, but you'll have to keep an eye on the GT Challenge if you want a preview of what's coming. ;P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
And don't forget, there will be another event posted on the 20th that will last through the rest of July! :) It will also utilize a completed game, so don't restart something you might want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back