• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I don't like the Leaders' names... At all.

First, they don't seem to relate to the types in any way. Sure, not that it's a neccessity. But it's always more creative to give Leaders names that are related to their types but not blatantly. The current names bother me. That "é" in "Jéssica" bothers me. I'm not a fan of "Kool Letterz". The Leader called Esmeralda in Esmerald City? Really? Wally sharing his name with an important canon character bothers me the most. And Lucas and Thomas are too plain to be Gym Leaders names.

I'm a good namer, they say. I love giving names. And if I were Wesley, I'd call those leaders that:

Bug girl - Ariadna (similar to Arachnid)
Grass girl - Florence (nice name, related to flowers)
Water guy - Deuterius (from Deuter, one of Hydrogen isotopes, which creates the so-called "heavy water")
Ghost guy - Auric (from "aura", you know, spiritual stuff)
Ground guy - Silas (from Silicon, one of the main element of Earth's chemical structure)
Electric guy - Newton (force unit, you know, not strictly electrical but physical and energy-related)
Ice girl - Aisey (cute name, similar to "icy") or Gladys (from glacier)

But that's just me. Do your hack your way, it's very cool anyway. But I just think that these Gym Leaders deserve to have better names.

What do you think about these names, people?
I couldn't agree with you more. The names you proposed are great and I hope Wesley decides to use them.
Send him a PM with those names.

Btw did you know Auric was Goldfinger's name? XD Auric Goldfinger, from James Bond.

cspmoneymaker

This hack is definitely gonna be a hit when it's released !!! ;)
For quite a long time,finally there is something to compare to Ruby Destiny - Range of Legend. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2011
Hey
sorry guys if this is asked (too lazy walk over 100 page to see)
but what is the newest version of this game right now?
beta 2 or beta 4
I found a beta 4 version on youtube but on the first thread only beta 2 are there
can anyone answer my question?

Bzhuan

add a g to the end of my name
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2018
what does LP stand for? Leafy Pikachu? seriously what?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Well there's Lake which can also be spelled as Laike, or Loch (the Scottish word for lake) which you could spell as Locke if you wanted to get fancy-shmancy.
Good idea. I've selected Laike as the Water Leader's name, as it kinda sounds good to me.

I agree with Tropical Sunlight and Maxim. If Wesley doesn't use them do you think Sarcastic Prince will in the translated version? I think he might or should.
No, I will do that whatever it takes. Those names are just too incredible
to reject.

Bug girl - Ariadna
Grass girl - Florence
Water guy - Laike
Ghost guy - Auric
Ground guy - Silas
Electric guy - Wyre
Ice girl - Aisey

Incredible names. But I have already decided the Electric and Water Type leaders' names. I've also decided that the names of the Leaders that will be in Beta 3, as in short, final beta.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Maybe the electric-type Gym Leader should be named Ampere or something XD
So, Sarcastic Prince, could you write a list of names you would change, and then PM it to Wesley.

Years
I start it up, everything goes fine at first. But when the star thing goes across the opening blue screen, everything freezes. Beta1 didn't work either, I just got a white screen. I've tried multiple clean fire red ROMs, and none of them work. Is something wrong with the patch, or is it on my part somehow?

Bzhuan

add a g to the end of my name
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2018
Nice Hack! does the beta 2 end at some point or is it supposed to be like that?

darthfader

Pokemon Trainer RED
Years
I've tried multiple clean fire red ROMs, and none of them work. Is something wrong with the patch, or is it on my part somehow?

Well, maybe because you are using FR roms? I mean, LP is a Ruby hack. :D
Hope this helps.. :D

BTW, the Ice girl's name - Aisey, is so cute. LOL

darthfader

Pokemon Trainer RED
Years
My bad, but now all I'm getting is a white screen. No startup or anything.

Make sure that you are using v1.0 of Ruby ROM. I verified mine with Advance Map. But I believe most of the downloadable Ruby ROMs are of v1.0

Try doing this, if you are using VBA, open your VBA. Go to Options>Emulator>Save Type then choose Flash 128k. I hope this works. :D

Years
Make sure that you are using v1.0 of Ruby ROM. I verified mine with Advance Map. But I believe most of the downloadable Ruby ROMs are of v1.0

Try doing this, if you are using VBA, open your VBA. Go to Options>Emulator>Save Type then choose Flash 128k. I hope this works. :D

Ah. I got it now. Had to get v1.0 of the ruby ROM. Thanks.

Back