• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriter's Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Time for a fresh start with this thread as the old one was.. well.. old. The thread has the same purpose as the old thread.

This is where you will post individual sprites, that you are currently working on and need some critique & comments. Feel free to post as much as you'd like, although if you plan on posting many you may also post your own thread as your own showcase. The Pixel Art rules apply.

Also keep in mind that this place is not for Pixel Art discussions. Discussions about shading, pixel art programs, etc. belong here.

This link to the The Pixel Art Terminology Thread will be added.

Note: This place is mainly for scratch work and not for fusions/recolours/small edits. That place has its own thread.

Last edited:

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
Practicing animation and doing stuff in PS.

Carousel-Bottle.gif

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
So I've been digging through my childhood spriting experiments [which includes horrid Fakemon]
It's been ages since I last did something pixel related; So here's something to flex my spriting-muscles

Bombee.png

this Fakemon's name is Bombee [too bland?]
the left is the original, the right one is the revamped one. I must say that my style has changed, a lot

mineox100

Hey.
Years
I made 3 fakemon just today and 1 more the next day!
I'm kinda good at shading, but everything else?
BAD!
Here:
MKsa6.png
Leafasaur
d8QdE.png
Shrubdon
D9h7t.png
Treegon
lmC6z.png
Wavier
I'm begging you to comment!
Please comment.

EDIT: I just realized I have enough Fakemon to start my own thread!

P.S. I know, the names are weird.

Last edited:

pokemasterintraining

New Beginning
Years
My FIRST scratch trainer sprite :D

Thanks to Litera-Sure's Trainer Tutorial, I'm kinda learning how to make trainer sprites.
Here's my first trainer sprite.
(It's the heroine of a game i'm starting so it's not public, please don't use ;))
The overworld is an edit but the trainer sprite is completely from scratch :)
Heroine.png

Last edited:

mineox100

Hey.
Years
Hi guys! I made some badges.
Please comment and compliment.
Spoiler:

Years
@mineox100
Your badges are really good, um maybe edit the needle badge a little bit otherwise pretty good.
Can i post my revamps here?
Here's a sprite i did after i watched the movie Outlander (Actually a pretty good movie) with Jim Caviezel And this is based on the creature
moorwen
moorwen2.jpg

SulfurDebacle

Half Genius!
Years
This is some of the stuff I've done,
It's for a fan game I'm working on so please feel free to critique them, as they need to be as good as possible before I finalize anything.

Years
This is some of the stuff I've done,
It's for a fan game I'm working on so please feel free to critique them, as they need to be as good as possible before I finalize anything.

I think all you have to do is edit the hair/head shading.

This is an ow sprite after trying to find an OW sprite for Armored Mewtwo
I give you Armored Mewtwo: NO STEALING!!!
130_0.jpg

Please tell me what you think.

SulfurDebacle

Half Genius!
Years
Thanks for the feedback!
You may want to change the file type so it doesn't look so fuzzy, and possibly change the background colour so the tail can be more visible. But other than that, it looks great! Nice work!

Years
my first 100% scratch

hey guys, this is my first 100% scratched sprite. I'm not happy with it but I can't work out why. Any idea of what doesn't work or what needs tidying??

Cheers :)

Years
hey guys, this is my first 100% scratched sprite. I'm not happy with it but I can't work out why. Any idea of what doesn't work or what needs tidying??

Cheers :)

Well maybe you could do a little dithering with your shading between the highlights on the face and the rest of the main body color. And the tail doesn't have any lighter colors on it, which looks weird because the rest of the body does. The topmost spike on his right cheek could use a little work to make it look like the rest (it's tip looks much thinner). And the black lines separate the thorns from the rest of the creature which makes it look like a paper cut-out, so you might want to put a little of the body color or use a darker shade to express them being attached to the body more. Other than that, it looks pretty good. I'm assuming this is a Qwilfish evolution and it looks very good from my point of view. :) I love the design.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I haven't been spriting for long, and I just made my first scratch sprite that doesn't look like complete rubbish. I'd like some review on it, I.E. what I should do to improve it. I'll be including it's evolutions when I sprite them. For now,I'd just like to hear how I could improve this sprite.
Reactor.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back