• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] JavaScript Mini Pokémon Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2012
Introduction

Hi everyone!

I would like to show you a game which I have created for educational needs. This is a mini Pokemon game. The plot, characters and dialogues are invented by me. It's a short story that will deliver you several minutes of fun.

I would like to emphasize again that this is a mini-educational project (not commercial), so for example, the combat system doesn't contain many dependence. This game doesn't equal to the original Pokemon Game, that is only created by my imagination.

I realize that texts in my game might be not quite correctly, so sorry for my translationn.

The plot

At the beginning you are in the Virdinian Forest. Your main goal is go through the Golden Gateway on the east. To do this you must find 3 stones which open the gate. On your road you find many persons which help you reach your goal. In the high grasses live a lot of wild Pokemons. You have to fight them or catch them. Search information about stones and buy improvements to be stronger during the fight.

Screenshots

(in attachment)

Link

My game was played by over 250 people. Feel free to check my short game, and if you like it, share link.

Link: www.en.game.raffay.pl

All the best​

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Its a cool little game, although I am pretty sure English is not your first language? There is a lot of grammar and wording mistakes that I would get edited if you want to show the game around widely. That is my only main issue with it so far although I haven't gotten very far.

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
Years
This seems really interesting. I don't think I've seen a Fan Game programmed with JavaScript. I'd love to play a beta or whatever when it's released! :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
So i played this, and i have to say, i was disappointed. i can see a lot of potential in a small self-contained pokemon game such as this, and it could be a fun little distraction, but ultimately the gameplay elements got in the way. battles are boring and repetitive, and without the presence of type matchups and only 2 basically identical attacks, it's just a matter of pressing the same buttons over and over again. the game overall is incredibly sluggish; the text speed is too slow without any way to advance it more quickly, and the walking speed lags as well. in addition, leveling up is slow and the fact that you can't add any of the pokemon you catch to your team means you're stuck using the same pokemon the entire way through. there is no element of strategy other than pure grinding. i had hoped that this would be at least mildly entertaining but instead i feel like i just wasted my time. (a lack of any way to record data and return to it later also contributes to that feeling.)

i realize this was just a side project that was made for educational purposes, but the game is just so frustrating that it is hardly even a game at all. which is too bad, because i think a Java-based Pokemon engine would be something really cool.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Woo another thread revival. Sorry, Flaming Flarez but the limit for reviving threads is two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back