• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions Thread! [OLD]

Years
I was just wondering, I got a Mewtwo EX tin recently and I used the codes for the online TCG game and received two bonus Generations packs. People seem to post really good cards for single packs, I was wondering if I should just open them or trade them?

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
Years
I was just wondering, I got a Mewtwo EX tin recently and I used the codes for the online TCG game and received two bonus Generations packs. People seem to post really good cards for single packs, I was wondering if I should just open them or trade them?

It's really up to you-Generation packs are worth more, as obviously you can only get them by random redeem chance or by redeeming the codes, however dont expect loads of exs for 2 packs

Years
How come they never include 2 pack?

Are you asking why there are never blister packs that have just 2 booster packs? Don't know for sure, but it probably has something to do with the economic costs of putting 2 booster packs in a single package as well as the sales forecasts they make for selling 2 booster packs together versus leaving them in separate packaging.

TL;DR: Probably related to costs and profits.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 15, 2016
Hi everyone! I just pulled my old binder full of Pokemon cards out of my childhood room at my parents house and was wondering if there are any particular cards I should be looking for that are more rare/worth money.

My cards are all from the basic deck and I think some fossil, I was buying them in the early 2000s I believe. I already know to look for the shadowless and first editions, but what other tips do you have for me? Is there a thread that sums this up on these forums? Should I be asking this in a different section of the forums?

If someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Garrett

Years
Hi everyone! I just pulled my old binder full of Pokemon cards out of my childhood room at my parents house and was wondering if there are any particular cards I should be looking for that are more rare/worth money.

My cards are all from the basic deck and I think some fossil, I was buying them in the early 2000s I believe. I already know to look for the shadowless and first editions, but what other tips do you have for me? Is there a thread that sums this up on these forums? Should I be asking this in a different section of the forums?

If someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Garrett

There's so many cards that hold even a moderate value that you'd be better off listing the rares you have in our "How much is my cards worth?" thread.

Be on the lookout for known error cards. Bulbapedia has quite possibly the most accurate list of error cards that I know of: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Error_cards

K e n

Secret Spy
Years
I dont know if this is the righ place to ask this. But my phone isn't compatible with the Pokemon Tgc online game. Im wondering if on what device can I play Pokemon tgc online? Do i need a tablet or an ipad?

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
Years
I dont know if this is the righ place to ask this. But my phone isn't compatible with the Pokemon Tgc online game. Im wondering if on what device can I play Pokemon tgc online? Do i need a tablet or an ipad?

Tablet is better, you won't be able to redeem codes from packs on iPad as Apple can't think of a way to make money off it, so they stopped it all together

Years
... wait, Apple disabled code redemption? Kind of a jerk move.

It would either need to be an Android tablet or an iPad, yes. IIRC, the reason it's not officially released for either the iPhone or any Android phones is the data consumption that the app has (200 MB per startup was a number I saw in a couple places, iirc), as well as UI experience with phones having smaller screens to work with. If you already have an iPad or Android tablet, use that.

... and since I started writing this post, Electricbluewolf posted the bit about code redemption not being possible on iPad, so you'd be better off going with the Android tablet route. You'll want a higher end one for the best experience. Any of the ones under $100 are going to have the PTCGO app run like molasses and will need to have their touch screens re-calibrated.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
in tcgo atm which booster/theme has the higest chance of getting dragon type pokemon? need to knock 40pokemon with dragon type, but so far only gloomy basic n lvl1, axew n bagon. which unfortunately only count for 1 card each.
so any ideas?

Years
in tcgo atm which booster/theme has the higest chance of getting dragon type pokemon? need to knock 40pokemon with dragon type, but so far only gloomy basic n lvl1, axew n bagon. which unfortunately only count for 1 card each.
so any ideas?

Are you playing against other human players? IIRC, none of the CPU players run Dragon Pokemon in their decks.

As for specific sets, Roaring Skies has quite a few of them.

Does anyone know how many cards an Ultra Pro Collector`s Album 20x15 fits?Because I cant find any info on that.

Are those centimeter measurements? Can you find how many 9 slot pages it has?

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Are those centimeter measurements? Can you find how many 9 slot pages it has?

I suppose.It doesnt say anything else.I manage to find another one at the companie's site which I assume it is the same one.It's description ''Holds 90 collectible cards single-loaded or 180 double-loaded;Each Portfolio includes 10 high-clarity pages ''Are they good for pokemon cards?Also I dont have to buy card sleeves(or whatever they are called)to put in it right?

Years
I suppose.It doesnt say anything else.I manage to find another one at the companie's site which I assume it is the same one.It's description ''Holds 90 collectible cards single-loaded or 180 double-loaded;Each Portfolio includes 10 high-clarity pages ''Are they good for pokemon cards?Also I dont have to buy card sleeves(or whatever they are called)to put in it right?

The standard 9-page card page used is adequate for any standard size collectible card, which includes most sports cards, Pokemon, and Magic, among others. Special sizes like ones for Yu-Gi-Oh! are typically indicated on the product's page or on its packaging.

And you don't have to buy card sleeves, but they help protect the cards better when pulling them in and out of the slots on the pages.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2017
how long for u people to reach 2000points in versus? i got 1600 atm, ido it in a week
edit :jst read information bout how much u got each win, lll

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 19, 2022
I started playing the TCGO (learned how to play and everything hadn't looked at Pokemon cards in at least 10 years) last week. My question is does the program crash for everyone so regularly?

It has only ever crashed once doing a "versus" battle against someone online, it crashes 100% of the time when I try to play the "tutorial" games (I want those easy prizes but can't get them, game always crashes at same point on the first battle). It often crashes when playing the "trainer challenge" but I can't see what causes it to do so, happens at different moments.

Like I would assume this doesn't happen to other people as much otherwise people would get too frustrated with the program, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but that hasn't changed a thing. I'm running on a windows PC by the way.

Years
I started playing the TCGO (learned how to play and everything hadn't looked at Pokemon cards in at least 10 years) last week. My question is does the program crash for everyone so regularly?

It has only ever crashed once doing a "versus" battle against someone online, it crashes 100% of the time when I try to play the "tutorial" games (I want those easy prizes but can't get them, game always crashes at same point on the first battle). It often crashes when playing the "trainer challenge" but I can't see what causes it to do so, happens at different moments.

Like I would assume this doesn't happen to other people as much otherwise people would get too frustrated with the program, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but that hasn't changed a thing. I'm running on a windows PC by the way.

Try these steps here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8969180&postcount=2

They're kind of a catch all set of steps to follow with most problems with the TCGO client.

Back