• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Five Worst Songs of 2012

Utzipher

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2014
Now that the year is almost over, I'm curious to hear what your thoughts are of the music that was released. Feel free to list what you think are the top five worst songs of this year. I know that's pretty difficult considering that there has been a lot of crappy music put out, but give it your best!

I. Starships ~ Nicki Minaj
This song rightfully deserves the first spot on in my book - idiotic lyrics, trashy sound, and the excessive amount of autotune used is enough to give somebody a headache. There are a number of songs released this year in her catalogue that I would label as the worst song, but this one is without a doubt the worst. Honorable mentions include - Stupid Hoe and Pound the Alarm. She'll be a has been in a couple of years.

II. Gangnam Style ~ Psy
I honestly don't undertand the hype around this song. Not only did it come from an anti-american who released a song condoning the slaying of American soldiers and their families (he just so happened to apologize once the truth got out and he realized that his wallet could suffer from it), but everything about it is obnoxious, including the dance. Only in America...

III. Call Me Maybe ~ Carly Rae Jepsen
Obviously a one-hit wonder, but I'm just not feeling it. Don't get me wrong, it's somewhat catchy, but once you've heard a million times it just becomes painful to listen to. The stupidity radar just flys off the roof on this one.

IV. Boyfriend ~ Justin Bieber
My opinion on this one is kind of swayed considering the fact I cannot stand Justin Bieber (or his fans), so therefore I do not like any of his music. This song is just another example of how his music only appeals to twelve year old girls. If you want any chance of making it in the music industry, you need to branch out more than that. Just another piece of forgettable crap.

V. We Are Young ~ fun.
Nothing but hipster trash. It's one of those indie songs that becomes mainstream every once and awhile to give conformers the benefit of the doubt. That's all I have to say about this turd.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
When I think of "worst songs," I'm going to go with songs that I think make no sense and actually make me want to change the radio station. But annoying doesn't always mean bad, so yeah. Let's attempt this...lol

5. Catching My Breath - Kelly Clarkson
Don't get me wrong, I think Kelly Clarkson has a great voice, but this song tries so hard to be amazing, but just fails at it. It's very bland and anti-climactic. And the lyrics are just strange to me. "Catching my breath, letting it go," UM OKAY isn't that called breathing?? "Turning my cheek for the sake of the show" what. Like. I just imagine her turning her face in the middle of a concert. What are you trying to say girl?! Music wise, her voice is strong through the whole thing, and idk about y'all, but I kind of like songs to build up, and this one just didn't do that imo.

4. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift
If the song title doesn't give it away, guess who sings this! Let's have the most whiny sounding song title in the world and then a whiny, complaining song. Maybe I would like her better if her songs weren't always complaining about a relationship and her playing victim to every guy she's been with. Cause if you keep writing like this, don't you think maybe it's not the guy that's the problem, Taylor? Maybe it is, shocker...YOU. But in all seriousness, I could like her much more if she wasn't whining and complaining all the time. Or hell, if she just sang a song not related to a relationship with a guy, good or bad. Sing about flowers, Taylor.

3. Everything Flo Rida has done this year
I just cannot with him. He has a nice catch with some sample from another song or a feature from another artist, like Sia in Wild Ones, and THEN this ***** comes up in here ruining the damn song rapping some nonsense. And I'm sitting here like just sit DOWN Flo Rida. Please.

2. Don't Wake Me Up - Chris Brown
If there's anything you should learn from this song, it's that you better not wake Chris Brown up. Leave him the hell alone. Don't wake a brother up!! And that's all you hear through the song. Something giving him a kiss, he likes his coffee black, and do NOT. I repeat, do NOT wake him up. Is that what happened to Rihanna years ago? She must have woke him up.

1. Starships - Nicki Minaj
The chorus is catchy and all, but she is all OVER the damn place in this song. She start off at the beach, then she's getting a Bud Light, then the patrone is on and she's in the zone, and lfjasei STARSHIPS WERE MEANT TO FLYYYYYY! What!? How did we get there?! What's a starship? What the hell is going on? And THEN she goes on to say something about how she owns a hoopdy hoop and she ain't paying her rent. Well, have fun on the streets! I'm done with this ****.

Utzipher

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2014
When I think of "worst songs," I'm going to go with songs that I think make no sense and actually make me want to change the radio station. But annoying doesn't always mean bad, so yeah. Let's attempt this...lol

Don't get me wrong, I think Kelly Clarkson has a great voice, but this song tries so hard to be amazing, but just fails at it. It's very bland and anti-climactic. And the lyrics are just strange to me. "Catching my breath, letting it go," UM OKAY isn't that called breathing?? "Turning my cheek for the sake of the show" what. Like. I just imagine her turning her face in the middle of a concert. What are you trying to say girl?! Music wise, her voice is strong through the whole thing, and idk about y'all, but I kind of like songs to build up, and this one just didn't do that imo.

If the song title doesn't give it away, guess who sings this! Let's have the most whiny sounding song title in the world and then a whiny, complaining song. Maybe I would like her better if her songs weren't always complaining about a relationship and her playing victim to every guy she's been with. Cause if you keep writing like this, don't you think maybe it's not the guy that's the problem, Taylor? Maybe it is, shocker...YOU. But in all seriousness, I could like her much more if she wasn't whining and complaining all the time. Or hell, if she just sang a song not related to a relationship with a guy, good or bad. Sing about flowers, Taylor.

I just cannot with him. He has a nice catch with some sample from another song or a feature from another artist, like Sia in Wild Ones, and THEN this ***** comes up in here ruining the damn song rapping some nonsense. And I'm sitting here like just sit DOWN Flo Rida. Please.

If there's anything you should learn from this song, it's that you better not wake Chris Brown up. Leave him the hell alone. Don't wake a brother up!! And that's all you hear through the song. Something giving him a kiss, he likes his coffee black, and do NOT. I repeat, do NOT wake him up. Is that what happened to Rihanna years ago? She must have woke him up.

The chorus is catchy and all, but she is all OVER the damn place in this song. She start off at the beach, then she's getting a Bud Light, then the patrone is on and she's in the zone, and lfjasei STARSHIPS WERE MEANT TO FLYYYYYY! What!? How did we get there?! What's a starship? What the hell is going on? And THEN she goes on to say something about how she owns a hoopdy hoop and she ain't paying her rent. Well, have fun on the streets! I'm done with this ****.

I definitely agree with your choices, particularly with the Taylor Swift song! One thing I've learned from her is that she's one person to stay away from in a relationship - if it doesn't work out in the end she'll write a song about ya. haha

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Love your descriptions, even though I don't listen to any of these artists. Not much for pop/country/rap, lol.

And #4 is just so weird. And I haven't even listened to the song yet. Whoever came up with that title is just dumb (if it was Taylor, I won't be surprised.). Whatever happened to short and sweet song titles?

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years

Don't wake me up should be replaced with your a stupid hoe by Nicki Trolldolll Minaj.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Did everyone forget Rebecca Black? Worst song hands down. Next is one direction. Most of the other songs people list are over played. I like them, but if you think that Rebecca black is better then all those people. People can gtfo lol

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Did everyone forget Rebecca Black? Worst song hands down. Next is one direction. Most of the other songs people list are over played. I like them, but if you think that Rebecca black is better then all those people. People can gtfo lol

Rebecca Black hasn't been mentioned because Friday came out in 2011.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Any song by One Direction (primarily the ones they did this year...ESPECIALLY One Thing), Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Ever Ever Ever Getting Back Together" (the most annoying song of the universe omg), and Carly Rae Jepson's "Call Me Maybe" are the most absolute worst songs I've ever heard.

I think Bieber improved this year imo. As long as they make a non-Nicki version of "Beauty & The Beat", I'm okay. Still not a fan though.

Utzipher

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2014

Rebecca Black did release a couple of songs this year I believe, but I wouldn't say they are the worst of the year.

Last edited:

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I feel weird for liking a lot of these songs haha.

And I can't exactly specify five songs that are terrible, because I don't honestly think any of them are. But after awhile everything by Train and the Script got on my nerves, simply because it was overplayed. Oh and that song Whistle or whatever by Flo Rida, that's actually a terrible song.

And Fun's not hipster trash! ;(

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years

Seems like a good list, but you should add Call Me Maybe in there and every other song that's constantly replay ****ed by the world.

~CreamyChoco~

Happy new year to everyone
Years
1- Starship ~ Nicki Minaj
Super stupid and weird and full of naked stuff
2- We are young ~ Fun
Annoying,Weird,Just hate it
3- Rihanna ~ Diamonds
Boring,old,not catching
4- Gangman style ~ Psy
i don't why everyone likes it in my classroom i was the first one who ever heard about the song then after 2 weeks my classroom knows it and now its popular and every one who knows it is popular but when i knew it i was not popular? in short ANNOYING
5- Alicia keys ~ This girl is a fire
oh and this .. the most annoying song ever i hate it like hell DO YOU HEAR ME? hate it like hell its annoying stupid and slow and not really interesting
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
oh and i hope i did not rage alot on that reply lol :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Seems like a good list, but you should add Call Me Maybe in there and every other song that's constantly replay ****ed by the world.

Overplayed =/= bad

That's what I was going for in the list. Maybe some of what I included was overplayed, but there are some songs that are overplayed and good, but you've heard it so much it just loses the goodness. Call Me Maybe was clever and cute imo, and Carly Rae's voice is lovely. That's just what I think, though!

Years
Here's my 5 worst songs from 2012.

1. fun. - We Are Young
The main reason I hated this song was because it was overplayed too much.

2. Kelly Clarkson - Most of the songs she released this year
Again, she is total overplayed-on-radio material and her voice is annoying.

3. Rihanna - Diamonds
She went downfall for me, sounds nothing like the other songs of hers I've heard.

4. Alicia Keys - This Girl Is On Fire
To be honest, her music always seemed to be on my most hated, and this was so slow it definitely landed there.

5. One Direction - One Thing
My mother hated this song, and these guys were overrated due cos when they came to Sydney they were constantly chased by teenaged girls just like what happened with Justin Bieber when he did the same thing a few years back.

And why am I not listing Gangnam Style? It's cos I actually liked how colorful the video clip was and I think it's a funny song.

Brizz

TM87
Years
So pretty much pop music? And I'm sorry but your reasons just aren't there.

5. Justin Bieber ft Big Sean - As Long As You Love Me
This is not in anyway associated with the hate Justin Bieber gets. He's not the same kid he was back when Baby came out. But this song still blows. No chick is going to love him if he's broke and homeless. The only reason girls like him is because he's famous and makes a million dollars a minute. There tons of other guys that girls would die for, but they aren't famous and rich.

4. Fun. - We Are Young
Yeah this was from 2011 but it didn't get big until 2012 so don't even mention that. The only reason this song became popular is because of the Super Bowl and the cast of Glee did a cover. On the other hand the singer has a female voice, Janelle Monae is an awful singer, and the song is about beating a girl.

3. Flo Rida - Whistle
I like this song so don't get me wrong. But this song is about a blow job.

2. Rihanna and Chris Brown - Birthday Cake
One of the more repetitive songs out there. Not only that but it's pretty much the same case as Whistle, it has obvious sexual references. Now I love Rihanna but she's back with Chris Brown, what? If he ever beats her again, it's going to be her fault. It's like that dog that you don't know and you try to pet it and it bites you, it wasn't your fault. But the second time, you effin' knew.

1. Fun. - Some Nights
I'm not really sure what this song is trying to accomplish. It's like an awful attempt at real rap, trying to tell a story and just fail. Much like We Are Young, the song only changes beat right in the middle of the song, the guys voice is like a girl (as stated before). And the worst part about this song is when he tries speaking some foreign language. Not to mention the fail at autotuning. Like, how do you mess up autotuning?

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
1: Call me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen

This song really grinds my gears so much. Everytime this starts, I either want the radio turned off or the TV turned off.

2: This Girl is on Fire - Alicia Keys
This is a song that grates on me also. I mean, why make a song about a girl on fire? Put her out already!!

3: Rihanna - Diamonds
An overplayed song, and her voice is just ugh. Sick of hearing this one also.

4: Fun - We are young
Another overplayed song, and like above has said, not sure what this was trying to accomplish.

5: Starships - Nicki Minaj
This seemed annoying and very weird. another one which was overplayed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Five worst songs for me include:

5. Rihanna- Diamonds
This songs bugs me so much. Nothing to it really, so monotone and the chorus keeps repeating itself too much. If it had more variety to it, I'd like it.

4. We Are Never Getting Back Together- Taylor Swift
Okay, so I hate this girl anyway, but this song is too much. I mean, its horrible! Its not creative at all, and just lacks any vocal talents. Also, the part where she simply speaks like shes speaking to a friend on the phone completely ruins the song even more. Its so out of place. I just dont understand how people like it haha.

3. Call Me Maybe- Carly Rae Jepsen
I cant stand this song. Its one of those songs that you dislike but is stuck in your head anyway. I just hate how goofy it is. Idk, just not a fan of it.

2. Mercy- Kanye West
I just cant with this one. Horrid. Its a mess. The song in general is just a turn off for me.

1. Dont Wake Me Up- Chris Brown
This song annoys me so much. Its just irritating to me haha. I have nothing else to write about this song other than its the worst song I've heard in 2012.

So yeah. Notice how Justin Bieber didnt make my list. I still hate him, but the music he came out with this year was actually pretty good.

Back