• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen today
Accatosh "Blitzkrieg" Corronis

Accatosh waited for the smoke, came entered into Accatosh's trap and just as it sprung Vigil threw his body into the smoke and was struggling on the floor. Accatosha attempted to use his tendrils to pull the smoke out of Vigil, he grabbed it a little just as the dark energy dispersed.

Accatosh sighed and released his control on the tendrils which had become visible while grabbing the darkness. Then the tendrils and the orb dispersed as the energy separated itself.

Accatosh walked over to Vigil, and offered his tail to help Vigil up, "That was foolish Vigil, but heroic none the less... but don't do that again, right now is a bad time for solo heroics."

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype didn't feel too safe splitting up. The two could work well together with a plan if they took advantage of their strengths. "Assassination is exactly what I was thinking of. Kehehe... get the big leaders, and watch the Gold Tribe crumble... A good hit from Toxic is bound to cripple their forces at the very least. We just have to finish the job before they can heal it off. Kehe... All we have to do is scout out the area and plan the order and see who needs the most help. Then we pick the big commanders out one by one." Snype explained.

They were underground for a long time so for all they know, the battle could be close to ending. Still, Snype had to try an turn the tables somehow by whatever means neccesary.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
The Last Stand
Lucian "Hoodhide" Tromp
Cape City

"Holy Arceus!" Hoodhide screamed as he was suddenly picked up from off the roof. For a brief moment, he felt horror, hoping that it was not the fiery Sentinel who had grabbed him. To his relief, he found his good friend Daricka had saved him from the Inferno's vicious attack. In a surprisingly swift motion, the Infernape grabbed Guardia, saving her from the Blast Burn as well. Almost as quickly and abruptly as she had picked them up, she deposited them back on the ground. "Whoa! Thanks, sis!" Hoodhide huffed, looking ahead at the horrifying monster before him. This was no longer Inferno... heck, this was no longer a Pokemon for that matter. His dark, soulless eyes and his pitch black flames showed that there was something very different about him. The Silver Crystal had taken over. As quick as a flash, Wildfire shot at the Inferno, battering him with attack after attack. Her combinations of Focus Blast and her flames did a great deal of damage on the vile creature, who was unable to dodge any of the attacks.

Suspense. Nothing but smoke after Daricka had returned to Hoodhide's side. They waited for it to clear, expecting to see the dead body of their enemy. Instead, they saw their weakened foe with cuts, bruises, and burns of the third degree all over his body, but still standing. The least Hoodhide could hope for was that his power had diminished, but alas, this was not so. The Inferno suddenly began generating what appeared to be a huge circle of black flames all around him. The circle just grew and grew, with him at the center, consuming anything in its path. Hoodhide could feel its luminescence; despite the darkness of it all, he could feel its heat like he could feel the scorching sun's heat. Guardia clearly pointed out what all three of them feared. The growing circle would eventually become so powerful that it would blow up the entire city, and anything within 100 square miles of it. He knew that for sure, considering the Inferno's awesome power.

Thinking as quick as he could, Hoodhide tried to come up with a solution. There seemed to be no way to stop the growing circle, which had already set all surrounding buildings ablaze, causing the battlefield to be encased in a ring of fire. Wait a minute, Hoodhide though, if that power is enough to blow up an entire city, it could definitely kill this bastard once and for all... which means... He knew what to do.

"Daricka, Guardia..." he began, turning to his sisters. "You're more important than me. I...have done my duty," he had trouble pronouncing his next few words, for tears welled up in his eyes. "When I go in...start running. Run as fast as you can, as far as you can from here. You're too valuable. Continue the fight. Honor me." And with that, he was gone.

As Hoodhide ran towards the flaming circle of darkness, things changed to slow motion. Oh, how he hated things to be slow! But in this case, it was a good thing. He was in no hurry to get burned to a cinder. However, it had to be done. Everything Lucian stood for depended on this one action, and by Arceus, he was going to succeed.

Hoodhide touched the flames. Darkness enveloped him and burned his skin. He screamed as he advanced into the flames persistently. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" He cried in anguish, but continued on. His legs pushed him through the fiery blaze, and his arms shielded his face from the fire, but it was no use. The flames did not light him, instead they whipped past his body like a flaming wind, burning him horribly as he advanced towards the Inferno. His screams began to become weaker as he neared the Typhlosion, his body black and scorched. "UUUUAAAAAGH!" Came his painful shriek.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of fire and pain, he stood before the Inferno. The monster simply looked down at the little Scrafty as he generated more flames. Despite his terrible pain, the now blackened Scrafty began to climb the horrible monster's body. The Typhlosion's fur was on fire, and his mouth was wide open, generating more and more flames as the circle grew in size. "AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUGH!" Hoodhide wailed as his skin was set alight by the Inferno's fur. The pain is worth it, the pain is worth it, he repeated in his head, as he climbed on top of the beast's head.

Once there, he gazed down at the beast's gaping mouth. His body was now black as his skin was scorched with third degree burns, his eyes were the only thing that were almost unscathed, allowing him to see past the burning winds of fire. The Inferno's body began to rumble as he got ready to detonate his now huge circle of dark flames. Reaching out with all his strength, Hoodhide grabbed the Inferno's big mouth from both ends, and began to push the two ends shut. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEERGH!" Came Hoodhide's scream as the inside of his own mouth was scorched by the winds. The pain was unbearable, but not for someone like him. Not for someone of the Gold Tribe.

Finally, the shaking Inferno's jaws began to move. The two ends of his mouth came closer and closer together as Hoodhide's efforts finally paid off. The young Scrafty grunted as the evil Typhlosion's mouth was finally wedged shut.

Inferno began rumbling. In fact, being on top of him, it felt like an earthquake. His soulless, black eyes had a glint of sadness to him as his whole circle of fire came back down upon both of the Pokemon. All of the powerful, raw flames that had spread from the Inferno returned to him, collapsing back onto their maker. The flames had no route of entrance, because the only one, the Typhlosion's gaping maw, was wedged shut by Hoodhide. The last thing the little Scrafty felt in his life was all that power, all that energy collapsing onto both him and the Typhlosion, before everything faded to black.

The resulting implosion was big, but not as large as it could have been. A loud, resonating boom could be heard as Inferno and Hoodhide were crushed by the sheer intensity of the flames, which then spread outwards as they collapsed, incinerating anything in their path. Any Pokemon that was anywhere close to the battlefield would be incinerated if they were anywhere near the ground. Flames poured out from where the two had been standing, burning through buildings and Pokemon alike as the ground was scorched so hot it became black. The implosion lasted for a good minute before the flames finally ceased erupting.

And that was the end of Allen "The Inferno" Fury.

The aftermath was devastating. The ground that the fire had touched was scorched pitch black, the ash of Pokemon and buildings alike lay all across. There was now a great patch of black darkness on the face of Cape City, on which nothing lived.

Reactions: SV

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cape City

"Hm.. stupid, very stupid, but clever too. Psychics, get him out of here, follow procedure 8." Penance said to Zane, who still clung to the ground after the episode he had with the darkness. His breathing had slowly steadied once more after being harsh and heavy. He observed the Psychics now, as they carried Scar away, wondering what they would do to him, or at least where they would take him. He wondered about Scar at that moment, if he truly was free. He wondered if the next time he would open his eyes, everything would appear to be normal for him, or if it felt like an intense burden had been lifted from his shoulders. Maybe, he wouldn't remember anything at all, as if the entire debacle would have been one bad dream. He wouldn't find out Scar's fate until he was awoken, so for now, he had to concentrate back on his duty.

Blitzkrieg offered Zane his tail to help him up, which Zane gladly accepted, grabbing hold of it and pulling himself to his feet. "That was foolish Vigil, but heroic none the less... but don't do that again, right now is a bad time for solo heroics."

Zane smiled as he replied. "Heh...I was just doing what had to be done. But I'll take your advice next time around."

Penance then began speaking, outlining their next target, and in a sudden realization of what he had been doing prior, Zane remembered that the Inferno was still loose, and from last he checked, ever increasing in power. Without a moments hesitation, he departed, heading back to the original location where he felt the heat emissions emerge from. Zane thought as he ran, wondering if those who fought again the explosive Sentinel were alright. He assumed it was probably a few members of the Gold Tribe, though he wasn't sure which ones they were exactly. All he knew was that it was more than likely that at least one fought. He only hoped they were doing alright. But the following explosion of energy suggested otherwise. He would feel the shockwave to his very bones, and new right away something was amiss. The energy that was released, the fire that was around, both seemed so unnatural. He hadn't felt that level of corrupted energy since...Ignitus in Albia. Zane was fairly certain at that point that the Inferno had gone into the chaos form.

"Damn it," Zane cursed, as he bashed through a pair of Ancients who were in his way, knocking them down to allow a few Alpha Alliance soldiers to jump them and finish the job. Everywhere, the two sides still clashed, with Zane unable to determine which one had the advantage. He doubted himself at that moment, wondering if he had made the wrong call on going to help with Scar, especially when he was much closer to the Inferno. He had left behind others to fight when he might have been of better assistance elsewhere.

But when Zane finally reached the location, he found nothing. No bodies, no witnesses, at least none see saw at that precise moment. All there was, was burned buildings, charred streets, and broken homes. The charred remains of an intense fight was all that remained, and seemingly no one around to filled them in on what happened. That is, until Zane spotted movement in a far pile of rubble. He quickly sprinted over, noting how far away the rubble was towards the centerpoint of the explosion of energy, yet it still was able to cause a significant amount of damage. As he got closer, he recognized the Pokemon as his friend.

"Guardia!" Zane called out, with only minimal reply in terms of movement. He reached the rubble, frantically pulling off pieces of broken buildings and wood. There Guardia lay, injuried fairly seriously, but still alive. She had a few burns here and there, her signs of survival against the Sentinel. "Are you alright? What happened?" Zane asked her, as he pulled her up and helped her onto her feet. Guardia shook a bit at first, having trouble keeping her balance, but managed to eventually remain standing. She recalled what had previously happened.

"The Inferno...he was here, and Prince of Light..." She trailed off in her voice, recalled how the Zoroark Gold Tribe member fell trying to get them a shot at the Inferno. "Then...Hoodhide..." Her voice trailed off once more, this time recalling the last words of Hoodhide.

"You're too valuable. Continue the fight. Honor me."

"Hoodhide..." She whispered again, barely loud enough for Zane to hear, but she didn't need to say anymore before he understood. Zane lowered his head, and closed his eyes as he took a deep breath. It was just as he feared. He had left, gone away to do what had to be done with the Gold Crystal and Scar, and the price was two more of his brothers. He knew at this moment that he should have been here. He should have tried to help them fight off the Inferno. His place should have been by there side. It always should have been. The Gold Tribe were supposed to be a family, a team. Pokemon who always had each others backs, no matter what, and once again, he felt that he failed them.

"All because of this..." Zane said to himself aloud, looking down at the Gold crystal around his neck. "No...it goes beyond that. Where did we go wrong...?"

An explosion sounded off close by. Zane took his gaze off of the crystal, and back onto the battlefield. There would be more time to discuss of what had happened later. For now, he had to bury the pain, and fight on. Cape City still needed to be liberated. Not only for the Alpha Alliance, but for the Gold Tribe. For the Prince of Light, and for Hoodhide.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Paladin vs The Crusher
Phase 1

Chaos was all around as Sovereign waited, with his hands gripped around the poor Pokemon's neck. His fingers twitched at the thought of spilling blood. His fingers tightened around it's neck just before he heard exactly what he had been waiting for.

"SOVEREEEEEIGN!" He turned to see a large Golurk barreling towards him. he had no time to think, but it didn't matter, he only needed the rush of battle. As the Golurk crashed into him, he released his grip, and the Furret fell to the ground. He slid back a few feet.

"You know my name. My reputation must be great, because I don't remember you."

"Don't remember me? Don't remember me?!" Paladin screamed, more furious than he'd been all day. The combined anger of everything that had happened to him today had finally gotten to him. "By the time I'm done with you, monster, you'll wish you had remembered me, so you could have cowered in fear!"

Paladin attacked. He had reverted back to his regular forme, and stood only a few feet away from the smaller Tyranitar. His first attack consisted of a Stone Edge; sending various stones towards the Sentinel, he attempted to distract him with them while he swung his arms around in a circle, preparing a Hammer Arm, then struck with the momentum of the swing and the power of the Hammer Arm attack, straight at Sovereign.

Paladin, throughout his various travels, had heard the name Sovereign several times. He was, for a time, the newest Sentinels until a few others joined whose names he could not remember. Still, only now, upon seeing the bloodstained Tyranitar, had he realized that it was the exact same one...

It was just a routine mission. Some local Pokemon had reported disturbances up in the mountain; Paladin, Gabe, Niko, and Juri had been sent to check it out. As they climbed the rigorous mountain to get to the source of the disturbance, they could never have guessed what they would find.

Sovereign stared at his bloodied hands. The blood of both his parents now mixed together, a fusion of the same being that had come together to create him. the remains of his mother were all around. "Why?" Sovereign cried desperately! "Why did we have to fight?! I knew I wasn't ready! You had to know I coundn't control it!"

"Hehehe. You needn't worry, Sovereign. Both your parents abandoned you anyway. Let me be your guide. I won't abandon you. I will help you become something they could never be..."

Sovereign turned to look at the newcomers. "This is my territory you know?" he said with a crooked smile and a red tinge to his eyes. "Or at least it was..."

"What in the world is this...?" Gabe Kellan muttered, as he peered over the cliff face. He was quickly followed by Niko, then Juri, then Paladin, who all looked down at the bloodstained monster that they saw below. "It's...a Tyranitar. What is it doing?" Juri asked, confused. Gabe shrugged as the strange Tyranitar turned to face them. Paladin gazed at the creature, disturbed by the words he had spoken. Something was off here... "This must be the source of the disturbance," Niko stated. "Yeah, let's check it out..." Paladin muttered, still staring into the hateful eyes of the creature below, as the four Pokemon began making their way down to meet the monster.

Sovereign blinked. His eyes now a normal white and black. "No no no! It wasn't supposed to end like that! How could he leave me!?" As he blinked once more his eyes were once again that red hue. "Everyone leaves you in the end. Don't you know? You're worth nothing to them. But I can't leave you. I won't leave you..." The Tyranitar grabbed his head. "NOOOOOOO! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!" he screamed as the earth began to shake. The sky turned a deep black. Dark energy whipped around him like lightning and his skin began to shift to an ominous blue. When his eyes finally opened again, they had become a bright yellow. He stared directly at the intruders as he let out a strange distorted roar! "UUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Paladin gripped a nearby tree for balance as things began to shake. "An Earthquake? That guy's gonna bring the whole mountain down with something of this magnitude!" Niko shouted, trying and failing to keep his four paws firmly on the ground. Gabe also had trouble keeping his footing, but Juri, being a Claydol, was unaffected by the devastating Earthquake. Suddenly, a loud, odd cry came from the direction of the Tyranitar. Paladin was the only one to look back, and realized that the Tyranitar had changed appearance greatly. He looked much darker, and his bright yellow eyes seemed to pierce into the Golurk's soul. "Come on!" Gabe shouted, before proceeding further down to meet the Tyranitar, shaking in his step. Juri followed, as did Niko, but Paladin stood there for a moment longer...staring into the creature's eyes. Finally, they reached the level of the dark beast. All on their guards, Gabe looked intently back at the Tyranitar. The Luxray was easily able to see through objects, but rumors had spread around the Gold Tribe that he was so experienced, he was able to see through Pokemon into their souls. It looked very much like he was doing that now, and it also looked as if he didn't particularly like what he saw. "Tyranitar, why do you cause such disturbances?!" Gabe shouted, trying to be heard among the great rumbling of the earth.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" the beast cried as he charged the Luxray. He grabbed it by the head and swung it's body over like a lever, forcing it into the ground with incredible force! "UUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" The beast roared once more as he slammed his foot into the Luxray's overturned belly.

As soon as that happened, Paladin, Juri, and Niko sprung into action. Paladin quickly launched a Hammer Arm at the Tyranitar to drive him off a step, then used the little time given to lift his former master from the ground and fly up into the sky. "Oh my Arceus! Master!" Paladin panicked as he set down far away from the battlefield and deposited his master in a cluster of bushes. The poor Luxray had been surprised by the attack and was covered in bruises and cuts, bleeding all over. "Help...the others..." he mumbled. Paladin nodded and flew back up into the sky, leaving his poor master alone.

Juri and Niko fought bravely, but to no avail. When Paladin returned to the scene, he found Niko dead on the ground in a pool of blood, and Juri struggling to survive against this monstrosity. Paladin landed with a crash, hatred boiling in his eyes. "Monster!" he screamed at the beast. "Over here!"

Sovereign held the Claydol in the air, his fingers piercing the outside of his body. He turned to look at Paladin as a hundred black tendrils suddenly emerged from the Claydol's body. They slithered all around as the blood began to drip from every little hole. Then all at once, they retracted into the Claydol, and it fell to the ground.

As Paladin rushed the monster he swung his tail throwing the Golurk into a boulder. The monster began to walk slowly towards Paladin, the growling pant in his breath a most fearful sound. Paladin grunted as he heaved himself up, about to attempt another charge at the monstrous Sovereign. However, behind the Tyranitar, another voice came. "Paladin!" Juri shouted weakly. "Run!" Paladin could tell what was about to happen. The holes that riddled the Claydol's body began generating a bright white light, as his entire body began shuddering. In one last attack, Paladin changed to his flying mode and charged at Sovereign surprisingly fast, knocking him down to the ground with the final impact. Without looking back, he hurried away full speed towards the nearby forest area where he had left Gabe. He swooped the Luxray up swiftly in mid-flight, surprising the hell out of him. "Wha..." He mumbled quietly, looking weak. Then, the loud boom. The sound was huge, and could be heard miles away as Juri of the Gold Tribe used Explosion, decimating anything around him. Paladin was knocked off-course by the resulting shock wave, and was sent spiraling downwards, Gabe in hand. He crashed onto the ground, holding the Luxray up so as not to crush him. "Master..." Paladin set his master on the ground and checked his pulse with an overgrown finger.

Gabe Kellan was dead.

After Paladin returned the body to the Gold Tribe, a funeral service was held, and not long after, a vengeful Paladin and a large team of Gold Tribesmen returned to the razed scene where the battle had taken place. They found no one. Everyone assumed that Sovereign had either fled the scene on time, or been killed in the explosion, the latter being more likely. Still, Paladin swore on Arceus that if he ever saw the evil monster that had killed his master again, he would crush his very soul...

Sovereign took a barrage of attacks, which ended with a heavy Hammer Arm. Something about the attack felt familiar, but Sovereign couldn't place why? "Why can't I remember you? Why can't I remember anything !?" As the pain of uncertainty struck Sovereign, his hands emitted a dark energy mixed with the strength of the attacks Paladin had just hit him with. Sovereign unleashed his Payback, the power of which seemed to be stronger than it had been in the past. Sand began to pour from every crack on his body, and picked up in the whipping wind! Sovereign's Sandstom was full force by the time it happened. An explosion of Black Flame, somehow visible even through the thick cloud. Sovereign could feel it, in his very soul. A power so black that not even the night could compare. He could feel his blood lust growing stronger from it, but he would not give in to it.

The attacks looked like they were damaging Sovereign, but just when he thought he had him, the Tyranitar came back at him with a Payback attack. The attack had the power of all the attacks Paladin had just landed, and sent the Golurk flying four feet backwards. "Argh!" He grunted from the pain as he stood up once more. Then, he felt a soothing barrage of tiny rocks against his skin. He looked around to see that Sovereign had launched a Sandstorm. How refreshing! Paladin loved a good sandstorm. Both he and the Tyranitar were naturally unaffected by it, though the hard wind chipped away at the skin of any nearby Pokemon who did not share a type with the two giants. "You fool!" Paladin shouted, "I love sandstorms!" He almost chuckled, but decided his rage was too great for that now. He walked towards Sovereign again, beginning with a quick Shadow Punch to distract him, then kneeing him in the stomach and attacking with a full-on Hammer Arm. It hurt to move because of that powerful Payback, but Paladin ignored the aching and continued attacking. His rage had gotten the better of him, he just kept going with his onslaught of Hammer Arms and occasional Shadow Punches to draw his opponent's attention.

The continued assault from the Golurk was taxing. Sovereign needed an edge, and the Sandstorm gave him exactly that! "You may be of the earth, but this storm still gives me the advantage!" Suddenly, the sand began to strike with greater force as Sovereign invoked a Stone edge using his Sandstorm as the catalyst. He took his chance and moved in to Crunch his opponent, his bared teeth vicious and sharp!

The intensified Sandstorm came as a surprise to Paladin, but while it did a number on surrounding Pokemon, it left him unscathed. Still, the Stone Edge was no laughing matter. Paladin found himself swatting away the various stones which stung like a thousand Beedril stings every time one hit. Sovereign then lunged with a Crunch. Paladin extended his arm just on time, causing the Tyranitar's powerful jaw to clench tightly on Paladin's arm. "Aargh!" Paladin shouted, instinctively countering with another Hammer Arm straight at Sovereign's jaw. The best backed away from the hit a step, allowing Paladin to back off. Not a moment later, the earth itself began shaking. Paladin's fury would be unleashed through his Earthquake attack. The ground shook as Pokemon and buildings all around him starting falling to the ground, collapsing.

"STOP!" Sovereign was stunned by the voice. It echoed through his soul with the ferocity of an unchecked Tauros. Everything subsided at the call of a lone Blaziiken, standing over the beat up body of the Furret Sovereign had held hostage before. She looked beat up herself, and was barely standing. Sovereign stared at her, but his mind would not tell him who she was.

Who are you?
Who are you?
Who are you?
Who are you?

Who are you?
Who are you?

"Sovereign," the Blaziken said weakly, "you have to remember."

"Who are you!?" Sovereign screamed as he gripped his head tightly. The earth shook all around, it was just like before, just like all the other times...

Only it wasn't.

Sovereign felt it as the darkness he felt earlier gripped his heart. The shaking became more violent as the sky, in all directions, across the whole city, turned pitch black. Dark energy whipped about the area like lightning, striking buildings and destroying structures that still had integrity.

'This isn't right," Vera whispered to herself. But there was no time to contemplate, they had a mission. DO IT NOW!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today

Vigil accepted Accatosh's offer of his tail to help him get up.

Vigil smiled as he replied to Accatosh's statement. "Heh...I was just doing what had to be done. But I'll take your advice next time around."

Accatosh smiled in return. Then an explosion happened Vigil, went running in the direction of the explosion, Accatosh followed Vigil. as they apporoched there were a couple of Aincients Vigil had ran past, bashing each one, then Alpha Alliance warriors engadged them, so there was no need for Accatosh to get into the mix of them.

when they got to where the explosion happened, the area was completely charred. nothing seemed alive. Vigil then saw movement and hurried to pull rubble out of the way.

"Guardia!" Vigil called out, with only minimal reply in terms of movement. He reached the rubble, frantically pulling off pieces of broken buildings and wood. There Guardia lay, injuried fairly seriously, but still alive. She had a few burns here and there, her signs of survival against the Sentinel. "Are you alright? What happened?" Vigil asked her, as he pulled her up and helped her onto her feet. Guardia shook a bit at first, having trouble keeping her balance, but managed to eventually remain standing. She recalled what had previously happened.

"The Inferno...he was here, and Prince of Light..." She trailed off in her voice, recalled how the Zoroark Gold Tribe member fell trying to get them a shot at the Inferno. "Then...Hoodhide..." Her voice trailed off once more, this time recalling the last words of Hoodhide.

"You're too valuable. Continue the fight. Honor me."

"All because of this..." Vigil said to himself aloud, looking down at the Gold crystal around his neck. "No...it goes beyond that. Where did we go wrong...?"

Accatosh stepped forward, thinking, "we went wrong by being prideful and accepting those who were warriors in their respects, but were not ready to be accepted as members of the tribe, they didn't have our code of ethics..." Accatosh stopped abruptly in his statement, as he heard the sounds of battle calling, he lifted his head to listen.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso SharpEye
Into the Dark Unknowing

~~~~~

Things just escalated a little, in the sense that the trio had even less time now. They couldn't stay in the Sandstorm forever. "Be the anchor?" Hanso asked Brynn, shielding his eyes with one arm while trying to see through the whipping sand.

"I'm almost tempted to make you do it so you can brush up on your skills."

"For something as serious as this, we need the one who's better at it." Looking at the building Brynn sat against, Hanso wondered if this was the safest place. "No place real safe at the moment in any case." Then the ground began shaking, and Hanso quickly picked Brynn up and teleported a short distance away. The wall shuddered and crumbled, crushing the area where the two Pokemon had been moments before. Hanso had to set his sister back down, though he wondered if the battle of titans would crush them anyway.

"STOP!" Everything subsided at the call of a lone Blaziiken, standing over the beat up body of the Furret Sovereign had held hostage before. She looked beat up herself, and was barely standing.

"Sovereign," the Blaziken said weakly, "you have to remember."

"Who are you!?" Sovereign screamed as he gripped his head tightly.

The shaking became more violent as the sky, in all directions, across the whole city, turned pitch black. The dark energy whipped about the area, striking buildings and destroying structures that still had integrity.

DO IT NOW!

Agreed on what they would do, Hanso and Brynn struck at Sovereign's mind, including Vera in their attack on the Tyranitar. Hopefully, they could stop him before it all passed the point of no return.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Madman' Malum - Cape City

Penance frowned as he heard the explosion go off. Vigil of course raced off to the sound, no doubt because that was where the other goldies were supposed to be at. Penance however stood where he was and closed his eyes. He placed his hands to his temples and reached out to his network for some information. Yes, the explosion had killed some of the Affiliates, or at least that was suspected to be the cause when some of the Affiliates just disappeared out of the network. He began to give orders left and right and once he finished he cut off the communications for a moment to take a breather and he rubbed his forehead, taking in deep breaths to help him calm down.

Leon slowly walked over, "Hey Penance, anything you need me to do?"

The Golduck slowly nodded, "Well yes. Gather up a team and go over the various areas. The Ancients are dwindled enough so that they won't be a problem. Go and find the Affiliates' bodies and do a tally and record information. I want all of it when this assault ends, got it?"

The Weavile smirked and winked, "Got it boss, I'll get it to ya early!" With that the Weavile rushed on off and Penance still stood there. He slowly reestablished connection with the network and headed out to the place where Vigil went and glanced about the area. There was fire, smoke, and charred buildings. Vigil was attending to Guardia and the Golduck put his hands on his hips.

"Hm... this is a bad scene. Well, another goldy dead I imagine? Well, his death was second to capturing Scar Vigil. At least his death served a purpose this time instead of just dying because he was stupid right?"

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cape City

Zane gazed upon Blitzkrieg as he commented on Zane's thinking. "We went wrong by being prideful and accepting those who were warriors in their respects, but were not ready to be accepted as members of the tribe, they didn't have our code of ethics..."

He continued to looked upon him as he thought on this. Kivir Sveenis and his teacher, Delnir "Divine Wind" Blake, had once said something similarly. Zane remembered on that day that he dismissed Kivir's protests, that the Gold Tribe were alright as they were. That they were still a family. But something truly was wrong. The more he started to realize it, the more he was coming to grips with just how much it wasn't what it appeared to be. As they had all found out, the Gold Tribe was formed as a way to protect the lands from the 'Dark Being' in the Silver Crystal long ago. Their ideals and culture that formed could all be seen as rouses to hide its true purpose. But eventually, those ideals were apart of their actually culture. They truly had become brothers and sisters again, only to now veer off. At least, that is what Zane thought. He wasn't sure how it happened. He wasn't entirely sure when, but the Gold Tribe seemed to be veering off the path that was intended for them. Divine Wind saw it. Perhaps Rey did too, which is why he tried to do something about it.

Zane looked away from Blitzkrieg, determination filling his eyes again. He knew, even only as an interim leader, he had to do something about it. He had to change the Gold Tribe. But suddenly, a voice permeated his skull. He grabbed his head, feeling a similar sensation that happened whenever he would have gotten those visions. It seemed as the time passed, these visions seemed to only be getting stronger, as to now he saw them even while he was awake. Sometimes, he appeared to also be hearing voices, as in this occasion.

"But you know that is impossible. You said it yourself. You made the realization all the way back in Eternity City. There's too few now to make a difference, to make a change. What was it you thought then? Do you remember?"

The war would bring the end of the Gold Tribe.

Zane let go of his head, as the sensation passed and the stinging pain subsided. He looked back at the others, just as he caught Penance speaking of Hoodhide's last actions. He turned swiftly to the Golduck, walking up to him as he glared into his eyes. He grabbed the Golduck by the shoulders, as if about to do something, but thought against it. Instead, he just gripped him by the shoulder, and thought. Many things passed through his mind, one in particularly being how much Penance himself had changed. Finally, Zane let go, and backed away, still glaring at him.

"Purpose..." Zane said out loud, thought barely audible over the sounds of battle. He spoke louder now. "I won't have you speak ill of the dead, particularly my brother. He died because I was helping you, Penance. Remember that. If I was here...I might have been able to help. Maybe he wouldn't have died...maybe, he didn't have to die..." His voice trailed off, but the sounds of nearby battling snapped him back into reality. There was still a war to fight, even if a pair of Sentinels were out of the picture. As he looked over, he saw as Belas and Hazone pushed forward through a bulk of the Ancients which protected the Stoneguard, the Ancients' base of operations. Taking that spot would be crucial in winning the battle.

With that in mind, Zane took off in that direction, yelling back to Penance as he did. "Remember, once you were one of us too. Whatever insanity you call yourself now, you took the Oath of the Gold Tribe. An oath like that can't just easily be broken with a new title and some new friends."

He never got a chance to hear a respond from Penance, however, as a peculiar thing had begun to happen. He noticed Sandstorms spread out across one area of the city, enveloping everything in the area. However, the oddity was not Sandstorm itself, as much as it was the event which followed it. First it was shaking, like an earthquake on a more massive scope. This was followed by the sky visibly darkening, and energy from some unknown source begin to strike at anything in its path, most notably any buildings which still managed to stand. It was an energy source Zane didn't understand, neither the source nor the reason.

"What the..." Zane inquired, looking all across at the turmoil that was Cape City. All around, everything seemed to be becoming more chaotic, only a further reason for them to have to end this battle soon. Whatever was happening to cause this, he hoped those who were there were handling it. If they don't, the fate of Cape City and the brave warriors who fought to liberate it might face a grim ending.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today

Vigil, had a sort of headache then as it passed he went over to yell at Penance for his speaking. this was true Accatosh had simply ignored his little talk to Vigil, Accatosh however while Vigil was yelling walked over to Vigil's side and looked down at the Golduck, Accatosh didn't say or do anything else, anything else would only cause more problems right now... problems the Gold Tribe didn't need right now.

after Vigil's yelling had ended, a sandstorm kicked in, then the sky darkened, and dark energy was visible to the eye striking and destroying everything in their path.

Accatosh focused himself, and launched his tendrils of Palkian energy at the energy that was destroying the city in an attempt to find out who or what was destroying the city, such power was unknown to him and he readied himself for anything... this might be a battle of energies... in his mind he prayed for support and held in this fight, as his tendrils of Palkian energy closed in on the dark energy his tendrils of energy became visible as well, glowing and spreading a pink light throughout the area.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos

Vera could feel the psychics drag her mind in with them, as they assaulted Sovereign. At first it was euphoric, a new feeling like she had never felt. But as soon as they hit Sovereign, the resistance was palpable. It was like she could be torn apart at any time, the turbulence indescribable. It seemed to drag on for an eternity, as if they would never get through.

Then, silence... Everything was pitch black, in all directions. As she looked around, she found that neither of her companions were there. "What now..."

You think this mortal is worth saving? Vera was surprised! The deep voice seemed to be coming from nowhere. "Who are you!? Show yourself!"

Those without a form cannot show themselves to the eyes of mortals. You have come here for the child which seeks my power, but do you really think you can pull him out of the darkness?

"If I can't see you, then what is your name?" There was silence in the wake of this question. I am the will of the Silver. I have given your "Sentinels" great power. Sovereign is now a part of me. There is nothing you can do to stop it. The bond will soon be complete, and there will be no turning back...

Some of the darkness began to clear, making way for a dull light, illuminating a lone Larvitar. I wonder where your friends have gone. I'm afraid that they are now facing demons far more dangerous than me. Do you really think they can free Sovereign from his shackles of insanity? Sovereign will be mine, and you will all be lost to the darkness, forever...

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Paladin
Cape City

Paladin gazed at the scene unfolding before him. "What...the hell?" He muttered as he stepped back from Sovereign as another Pokemon, a Blaziken, appeared and began speaking to the monster. Paladin was about to tell her to get back, but Sovereign began screaming "Who are you!? So Paladin couldn't even hear himself think. As if that wasn't enough, the deranged Tyranitar had conjured up another Earthquake attack. The sky above the three Pokemon became dark, as tendrils of vile energy began whipping around, decimating any nearby building that still stood. The Gallade, Hanso, and a Gardevoir also appeared near to the Blaziken. It seemed they were doing something to him, possibly on a metaphysical level, for he appeared to be losing control over himself. Paladin wondered, for a moment, if this was still his fight. He had no idea what was going on with this monster, but he did know one thing.

He was getting his revenge.

Taking up a battle stance, Paladin turned his deformed eyes to the sky. The dark tendrils made an attempt to knock the giant off his feet, but Paladin sidestepped the first whiplash, which left a mark on the ground where he had been standing. Another tendril tried to strike him, but Paladin rolled away from its deadly reach just on time. Finally, with no more dark energy reaching out to kill him, he lunged at Sovereign.

Paladin was done with this. He would avenge his master if it was the last thing he ever did.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Madman' Malum

Penance didn't smirk, nor did he flinch when the Bisharp reached out to grab him. Penance raised his gaze to meet Zane's and just quietly stared at the enraged Bisharp. For a moment, it seemed he would strike at the Golduck, but Penance saw him restrain himself. Yes... that would be just like Zane. So calm and restrained. The Golduck wondered just how much he would have to push to see the rage all goldies buried deep underneath, under their cool exterior. As the Bisharp walked away Penance just looked at him. He closed his eyes slowly, "But remember the words in that oath Zane..." He said softly to himself.

The Golduck let out a tense sigh and felt the voices in his network shouting out various things. Though one thing did perk up his attention. A Sableye and Jolteon... interesting. He crossed his arms, thinking about it. He knew what to do for those two, it would be quite simple actually. A bit of leading here and there.

Send some Affiliates there, keep them out of range. A mindless animal always follows bait...

Yes, animals these Sentinels were. And animals, once caught, could be easily tamed...

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Cape City

Zane crashed right into a pair of Kabutos who stood between him and a good portion of the Alpha Alliance army, his Iron Head breaking bones upon impact. He almost overan the two on the way to another group of Ancients, a few Omastars, a Bastiodon and a Rampardos. Zane prepared himself, and stuck towards them with a set of Iron Slashes and Aerial Aces. He did so with renewed vigor, a way of perhaps trying to mask the thoughts of his dead comrades. Hoodhide. Calamity. Dark Lightning. Each This group was headed to the Stoneguard, the capital building of Cape City, the Silver Tribe's supposed center of authority, and also apparently their most defended area of the city. Zane fought alongside some of his brothers and sisters, as well as soldiers of the Alliance as they pushed through the waves of Ancients. Yet it seemed for every Ancient they would slay, two more took their place. Indeed, it appeared in Cape City, they faced the largest of the armies since they had begun the reclaiming campaign a few months ago. Yet strangely, none of these forces came close to the size of the original wave that began the conquering years ago. Zane remembered: a force of vast proportions, an army that seemed to never end. It was in those moments long ago that he believed hope had long been taken from them.

As he took down the Bastiodon, his charge matching Zane's punches, only to find itself overmatched. Zane stepped over its body and continued forward. In the distance, Zane saw as a group of Alpha Alliance soldiers, already at the gates of the Stoneguard. As General Belas directed, a team of Lairon, Stantler, and Tauros gathered at the front gates to act as a battering ram. Together, they began tackling forward at the gates, determined to break them open. Yet all around, Ancients still on the outside of the gates were trying to stop them. Large Pokemon, like Snorlaxes, Rhyperiors, and Golems tried to hold them off, taking most of the damage and acting as the shield to the battering Pokemon. Zane saw this opportunity to assist in the defense to help bring the gates down. He headed over, running through the crowd.

Yet as he approach, a sudden shot of pain to his head made him come to an abrupt halt and cause him to clutch his head. He closed his eyes, seeing an image in his head, and when he opened them, the image continued to be seen, as if it was embedded into them. He couldn't make out the image, but saw what looked like a Pokemon of some sort. It looked at Zane, and spoke from what appeared to be deep within his skull.

"First, they came in waves, and conquered our cities. Our entire country was thrown into anarchy. Then, you set out to bring justice and stability once more, but in the process, more destruction had to created. Now, you stand on the brink of victory, but you've passed through so much devastation along the way. There is always consequences to destruction."

As abruptly as the image appeared in his mind, it left in the same fashion. He was left there, panting on the ground, trying to make sense of things. A large paw was placed from his shoulder, causing Zane to look up and see the image of his brother Sword and Shield.

"Are you alright, brother?" He asked. "Come on, we need to move."

"Right," Zane replied, gathering himself and standing up, prepared to move again. "I'm right behind you."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Madman' Malum

Penance frowned as more reports came in. Death here, other stuff here, complications there. It didn't help that the Alpha Alliance army really wasn't that organized. They could be, but with just two generals in control it was more along 'troops generally search in this area in no particular pattern'. It was sure to cause confusion among the troops and then there was the fact that the ambushes that had already been set up by the Affiliates quickly had to be reworked or traps quickly disabled so that they wouldn't blow up at the wrong time. It was why he made sure to know where everyone was at every single second. Not knowing the exact details of plans would cause chaos, and there was no need to have chaos now.

They were so close, already another two Sentinels were down, with the possibility of capturing another or better yet killing another. So far two were separated from their allies, still weary and in fact he could kill them now while they still go their bearings... on the other hand there was some sort of Tyranitar rampaging around that was black apparently. He had to ask again for confirmation on that information and his mind began to work once more. Yes... they could do this.

Send in two of the psychics. Yes I know they are weary. Send them to that Sableye and Jolteon. No, the others have the Tyranitar under control, I trust Brynn. Now send them out. Yes, their mission will be to keep those two occupied. Keep them away from the goldies until they are done with the Tyranitar. Yeah... I know, just do it.

Penance closed his eyes yet again and thought. The present didn't only matter now, but also the future, and he was sure about one thing. He was not going to let some desperate generals kill off his Affiliates!

----------

The Kirlia and Grumpig appeared out of thin air behind a building and the Kirlie peeked around to see the Sableye and Jolteon. "We keep them occupied. Let's do this." The Kirlia stated as he readied a Psychic attack and threw it right at the Jolteon. The Grumpig dashed out and used his psychic to grab rubble and throw it toward the Sableye.

"Hey Sentinels, show us what you got!" The Grumpig shouted out as she threw more rocks at them.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Both Snype and Levina made their agreement on the plan. They just needed to figure out where the rest of the Gold Tribe commanders were at ad try to take out their leaders. However it seemed they were being watched as well. The Madman sent two more troops their way. Levina was hit by the psychic blast but Snype used Detect to swiftly avoid the rocks floating his way. Snype would be immune to any Psychic attacks these two would throw at him. So much for their plan! Looks like the Madman knew very well of their presence. A psychic himself perhaps... That would make killing him pretty tough... time to focus on the matter at hand!

"Kehehe, sending two psychics after a Dark Type? Not the smartest move ever... kehehe..." Snype said. Levina got up from her hit and went after the Grumpig. Snype would have a better advantage going against the Kirlia. Everything else was already getting pretty out of control. The sky was dark, there were several earthquakes occuring. He could hear alot of noise. Looks like the Gold Tribe were occupied with someone else.

Snype aimed to attack the Kirlia with his claws, while Levina engaged the Grumpig with a Thunderbolt attack.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Paladin vs The Crusher

Silence followed suit. Sovereign stood, his eyes closed, and his hide a deep purple. The sky still hanged black. As Paladin moved in to attack, Sovereign's arm reached out, and caught the attack mid swing. His breathing was a dull, growling pant. his eyes slowly opened, revealing that they had become completely black. There wasn't even any gloss to them, as if they ate up any light that hit them.

Sovereign opened his maw, and roared with incredible force, as a pair of great, black dragon wings of immense size emerged from his back. Once the roar was finished, the wings flapped a couple of times. Sovereign hunched over, like a wild animal, and sniffed the air. His focus was caught by a scent from behind, something familiar to the beast. An unfinished kill, from years before. With greater speed than anyone could expect from a Tyranitar, he turned around swiftly, and charged towards the still Blaziken, whom he had been denied so long ago.

Paladin retracted his arm from Sovereign's grasp with ease since it didn't seem to be him that the best was interested in now. His rock-like skin had become a dark purple, and in the darkness generated by the shadow sky above them, it appeared as if the blackness of his eyes was nothing but a gaping hole, leaving empty eye sockets. The wings, seemingly born of that vile energy which had been whipping around before, flapped twice. Paladin looked, stunned. "What are you...?" He muttered. Sovereign then hunched over, seeminlgy no longer interested in the giant Golurk looming before him. In one swift motion, the monster turned around and began charging at... the Blaziken. Paladin couldn't believe it; after all that, he was no longer interested. Now he wanted to beat up innocents again. "Oh no you don't, you piece of-" Paladin grunted as he stepped forward, reached out, and grabbed Sovereign's stubby legs, causing him to topple over.

Sovereign growled and snapped on the ground at the still Blaziken. "GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" He cried as he slammed his tail down towards the Golurk who now held him in place.

His wings touched the ground, and lifted him back onto his feet. After a moment longer staring at the Blaziken, he turned to face Paladin. His displeasure was palpable. His new wings extended out as far as they could, an impressive span, before swinging down and back, thrusting Sovereign, teeth bared to Crunch into Paladin!

The attack struck full-force. Sovereign's charge was surprisingly fast and sent the two flying some ways back. Sovereign clenched his teeth tightly around Paladin's head, causing him to wince. "What...are...you..." he struggled to say as he finally managed to push the beast off him with his legs. The attack left a large gash in the shape of Sovereign's teeth on the side of Paladin's head, from which gas poured. It was the same corrosive gas from before, and it was making its way towards Sovereign. "You're dead now," Paladin said at the sight of the gas. With any luck, it would destroy Sovereign like it had done to the Ancients.

As the gas touched Sovereign, his armor began to crack. He pushed himself away from Paladin, quickly, and called out in pain as he swept his wings across to blow the gas away.

The cracks grew, as wriggling darkness emerged from them. "WrrreeeaaaaaAAAAAAAAH!!!" Sovereign rushed in, riding his wings as he released his black tendrils to grab the Paladin, and dragged him across the ground, stopping in front of a building, the momentum sending the Golurk towards it!

Paladin couldn't stop it. The tendrils wrapped tightly around his legs and arms and pulled him to the ground and across it. He smashed violently into the nearby building, causing him to go into a daze for a moment. The world seemed to swirl before him, but then he realized he was still in Sovereign's grasp.

"Enough of this!" He shouted. Paladin retracted his legs into his torso, going into flight mode. The tendrils grabbing his legs were forced to release them as a concentrated blaze of fire spewed from him. The sheer force was enough to get Paladin off the ground. He screamed as his arms were still held onto by Sovereign's tendrils, struggling to get them off him. "GGRRRRRAAAAAAAAAH!" He screamed as he slowly ascended towards the dark sky above.

The strands pulled tight! Sovereign could feel himself being pulled. He swung his wings towards the sky, trying to hold himself to the ground. but it was no use, as he was lifted up into the sky. As he rose, his wings spasmed, and coagulated. Then they split into 6 separate tentacles, and went weaving through the air towards his opponent., trying to pull himself closer.

"What?!" Paladin shouted as he took a look down. Sovereign approached, his newly formed tentacles reaching up and wrapping themselves around him at the waist and head. One of the tentacles became wrapped around Paladin's eyes, so he was now blind. Still, he released the maximum of the fiery energy he could to bring both himself and Sovereign higher up into the sky. Sovereign, meanwhile, pulled himself higher up with his tentacles, approaching the Golurk and finally grabbing him with his arms. Paladin knew he couldn't keep this up any longer. He managed to shake off the tentacle that blinded him, and locked eyes with Sovereign. "You're going down," Paladin said hatefully. "Literally."

With that, flames stopped erupting from his torso, and the two stood suspended in mid air for a second, before they began falling back to the ground. Then, Paladin put himself in a diving position so that his head faced the ground and his legs the sky, with Sovereign still grabbing hold of him. Paladin retracted his legs again and the propelling flames sped up their descent. Paladin tried to wriggle free of Sovereign's grasp, but with the powerful tentacles and tendrils laced around his body, it was impossible. They would have to go down together.

At full speed, Paladin flew towards the ground. He quickly realized he was heading for a three-story building. Before impact, Paladin shouted, "This is for my master, you vile monster!"

The crash was enormous. Paladin and Sovereign destroyed the roof of the giant building, sending debris everywhere, and did the same with the next three floors. Crash, Crash, BOOM! The impact with the ground was so enormous that it sounded more like an explosion than a crash. The resulting shockwave blasted out in all directions, destroying the foundations of the building's walls and causing any nearby fighting Pokemon to be thrust back.

After they recollected themselves, none of the fighters could see what had happened to the two behemoths who had fallen out of the sky, but they assumed that they had perished. The theory was confirmed when the walls of the building tilted in the direction of the fighters; the walls impacted with each other, crushing one another into smaller pieces which would then fall to the ground, burying Paladin and Sovereign in rubble.

Sovereign was the first to emerge, bursting forth from the wreckage. The dark tendrils retracted to him, tracing a line to where his target was. As he stood over the spot, he slammed his foot down, driving the stones of the building into Paladin.

His tentacles reached into the ruin, and retrieved 6 sharp stones, once again giving him the visage of the Legendary Dragon, Giratina. "SKRIIYAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Return to Ash

From the rubble, something emerged after Sovereign. Something that was shaped like Paladin, something that sounded like Paladin, but was not Paladin. It was a dark shadow of the Golurk's form. A body void of good.

With a heavy grunt, he shoved the last of the rocks off of him. However, he didn't attack Sovereign. He just stood, unmoving, so that his new form was fully visible. He was like a statue, a sickly shade of grey covering his entire body rather than just half. He had turned dark again. Finally, he moved. He lifted his arm up to his face, giving it a good look. "Hmm," he muttered, lowering his hand.

"Yes," he said calmly, "I quite like this." His eyes glowed deadly red, and soon their gaze came to rest upon Sovereign.

The beast pants became heavier and heavier as he saw what seemed to be a powerful opponent. Some part of Sovereign still wanted a good fight, and clearly this was it. He breathed with a growl as he gave the new enemy a ravenous look.

"Oh, quiet, you," he said mockingly. "It's about time somebody shut you up, you useless waste of space. What you did to my master was unforgivable. Now, what I shall do to you will be... unforgivable."

Paladin raised his fist. "Now feel this." The arm came down with devastating force. The impact of the fist with the ground sent a shockwave out into the air that propelled a wave of rocks at Sovereign. Through this wave of rocks came Paladin, at full speed in his flight mode, as if nothing had happened to him, ready with a Hammer Arm.

As the barrage of rocks came down on Sovereign, his new appendages began to radiate. 4 of them attempted to absorb some of the blow as the other two swung in to inflict Payback. The force of the blow was great, and still, despite the block, sent him flying.

Sovereign's feet skidded across the ground as he stopped in front of another building. The dark tendrils pierced the building, and brought the supports crashing out before hurdling them towards this Dark Paladin.

Hammer Arm was unleashed, and the first of the hurdled supports were crushed by the devestating power. Paladin still flew towards Sovereign at an unnatural speed for one so large as himself. With another Hammer Arm at the ready, he swiftly brought out his legs and landed a few feet away from Sovereign, who used his strange tentacles to grab one of the walls of the nearby building and fling it at the Golurk. Paladin prepared a Shadow Punch in both his fists, and as the wall neared, struck it with intense force. Although the impact forced him back a few feet, the wall smashed into pieces, the rubble falling to reveal an almost unscathed Paladin.

"That all you got?"

Paladin was next to attack, stomping his foot on the ground to generate shockwaves beneath the earth, which got the tectonic plates moving again. Another Earthquake. This one would shake the entire city. All around, Pokemon began falling to the ground and buildings started crashing down, crushing anybody inside them. Above the two monsters, the building which Sovereign had used to attack Paladin began falling apart completely, its rubble heading for the Tyranitar.

The tentacles merged together, and spread once again, as a massive pair of dragon's wings! They wrapped Sovereign, in a protective coccoon, as the building came toppling down from above. At the impact, the black shape emerged, flying into the air through the other side of the building. At the apex of his climb, the wings unfulred, as he let out another roar! Sovereign's true Outrage was now full force, as he flew towards the Paladin!

He tackled the warrior, and carried him with, as they approached the origin of their battle once again. He skidded across the ground with the Paladin in hand, until they came to a halt. Sovereign began to mercilessly crush his opponent into the ground, until he noticed it again. The scent.

He looked up to find the Blaziken, still there. His mouth salivated at the thought of tearing her limb from limb. Sovereign arose, and began to walk towards her, once again. His breathing so heavy, so thick, and the fluids pouring from his mouth. Finally, he would eat.

"You can eat after I'm done with you," Paladin said, noticing what seemed to be a hunger for this Blaziken. He got up from the ground, clearly battered. His body made creaking noises as he stood up straight again. Then, with Sovereign's back turned, he launched a devastating Hammer Arm to the beast's backside. Not waiting to see if the attack struck, he followed up with a Giga Impact, reaching his arms out to trap the Tyranitar in a bear hug as he did so.

As Paladin struck him once more with a Hammer arm, Sovereign's armor finally gave, as he exploded into a mass of shadows, a beast whose shape vaguely resembled a Tyranitar. "SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" he cried as the Golurk Impacted the monster as it unleashed ultimate Payback. The attacks collided, and the resulting shockwave shook the entire city in it's wake. The violent earthquake, unintentionally created by these two titans, created a crack, right down the center of the city, as the earth began to split. The result of this collision was a massive fissure, dividing the city. A few buildings were sucked into the fissure, but for the most part the city remained in tact, though it was left bloodied and scarred, and would never be the same.

When the cataclysmic event had ended, each combatant was on a different side of the hole. Two titans collided, but now their battle was ended. The devastation, beyond words, only the work of the Paladin and the Crusher.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Brynn vs Erratt
Hanso? Vera? It bothered her that she couldn't feel the others' minds. Brynn had been warned about the Tyranitar, of course, but this was entirely new for her. The combination of Dark and Dragon's Blood couldn't be the only reason for this...environment. Could it?

The Gardevoir was alone in the darkness, with a feeling that breaking in had been the easy part. What am I thinking? Of course breaking in is the easy part, just about every time. Still, Brynn could not help but lift a hand to rub at the gem around her neck. What to do next?...

"You..." A voice from out of the darkness. A deep, noble voice, filled with anger. "You didn't listen... You were supposed to kill the girl, and you failed..."

"Failed?" Brynn turned calmly, but she still did not see anyone else. She'd known that someone would appear in time. It was just usual that the Pokemon whose mind she'd enter was already there in the first place. "I don't see how I can fail at something I did not know of in the first place." Which of the three was this? Sovereign, the ten-year prisoner, or the monster?

A pair of yellow eyes glowed from out of the darkness. "Wait... You..." As he came out of the veil, it could be seen that he was a very old Garchomp, his face scarred. "Those eyes... they're different." He moved in close, uncomfortably so, so he could examine her. "Who are you? Why do you trespass in my son's mind?" He held up one of his blades to her throat as he spoke. "Those eyes... You're a TrueStriker."

A Garchomp. That would explain both the Dragon's Blood and the Outrage monster. Brynn remained still as the Garchomp held his blade to her throat, examining him as he did her. She sensed that words would do more to help her than trying to fight back. Some Pokemon thought that a 'battle', per se, staged within the mind did nothing to affect them. Technically, it wouldn't affect the body, but it could damage the mind, perhaps beyond repair if it was severe enough.

TrueStriker, though. "I suppose I am," the Gardevoir replied, with only a tiny tremor audible in her calm voice. "It's been a while since there have been any real TrueStrikers in the SharpEye lineage." She cleared her throat. "I'm here mainly at the request of another." Who was this girl the Garchomp had mentioned?

"It's been a very long time since I have seen your kind. Back in the days when I was in the Gold Tribe. But now is not the time for stories." He pushed the blade ever closer to her throat. "Perhaps I might have welcomed your arrival at another time, but today, you are intruding where you don't belong. So I will ask you again. Who are you?"

"Can't talk if you press too hard," Brynn retorted, taking a tiny half-step back from the blade. "I am Brynn SharpEye." She did a brief curtsy, enjoying the feeling of standing on her legs. Even if it was only in the mind. "I was under the impression that it was to help an acquaintance, ser...?"

"'Help?' This is your idea of 'help?' Do you have any idea what you've done? Sovereign has harbored darkness for so long, and now, thanks to you and your friends, he's made contact with the worst darkness in all of Valkeria." Erratt had half a mind to slit her throat where she stood.

"Brynn, eh? If you are a TrueStriker, then perhaps you will recognize my name. I am Erratt Chronos, keeper of lost knowledge, and guardian of Draco Temple." A short pause, a hesitation in his thoughts as he held the blade to her throat. "...or at least I was," he said with a great sadness that did not quite overcome him.

The Garchomp wanted to end it there and then, she could tell. "I'm not sure I know exactly what you speak of concerning the darkness, Ser Chronos," Brynn replied, opting to simply nod her head in respect this time. "I have not been with the Gold Tribe for a while now, and I only learned of this...situation just today. I don't see how I would've had a part in it."

The Gardevoir did recognize his name. Draco Temple had been a place for dragons to gather in times past, but Brynn did not know for certain how long ago that had been. "...However, if you speak of that which corrupted those now called the Sentinels, then I can assure you we're working to stop it." I wonder... "...Does this...Varren, have something to do with it?"

"Varren is a parasite!" He screamed, spinning around quickly to face the other direction. "He is a remnant of what Sovereign could have become had I not intervened. He wants Sovereign's power as his own, and so I have kept him separated from the dragon blood that flows in Sovereign's veins. But now..." His voice was somber now. "...now all seems lost. Sovereign's mind has been infected by a power far beyond what Varren is capable of. And it is YOUR fault! You, that Gallade, and the Blaziken are all responsible for this!"

"Our fault?" Brynn's voice grew hard as she replied. "You're gravely mistaken if you think that was our intention. I have no intention of letting him run free when he's being controlled by some freak prisoner or consumed by a monster lusting for power. Nor will we rest until the power controlling the Sentinels has been destroyed."

She paused, then resumed, her voice softer now. "If you want Sovereign to be cleansed, then either help me...or step aside."

"... you know, I've been trying to free him from this burden for so long. All I've wanted is to free him. Do you know what it does to you? This place? It sullies your mind and leaves you with nothing but a grim visage of who you once were. I tried to push him over the edge, so I could give him release, but really, it was just me being selfish. I want out of this place, and Sovereign's insanity was the only way to do so." he turned to look at Brynn once more. "The shadows have already begun to bond with his Dragon Blood. How do you propose we separate them?"

The Gardevoir's eyes closed as she attempted to reach out with her mind again. Brynn still could not exactly sense Hanso or Vera, but there was a sort of disturbance, faint to her mind. "Well, for one thing, it would help to have a visual of what we're tackling." These shadows would be much tougher to deal with than any Dark Pokemon's mind. If they somehow had the same Dark resilience, then it could be nigh impossible.

No, no such thing as impossible. Just, not done before by Psychics alone.

Erratt smirked. "I think I may have an idea. Follow me!" he yelled as he took off running into the darkness. "Back in Albia, Vera shoved a crystal into Sovereign's body. It had an effect on his mind as well, kept Varren and me away until its power dissipated. If you could reactivate it, it could help us deal with this darkness as well!"

Had Hanso told her about that crystal? Brynn quickly followed the Garchomp into the darkness, sifting through her knowledge of crystals and stones in general. She wasn't hitting on anything relevant at first; maybe it was something obscure. A crystal that dampened or smothered a Pokemon's Dragon-Blood? Only that didn't seem to quite explain why it would also keep Varren away. Either way, Brynn would see what it was once Erratt led her to it, then see how she could reactivate it.

Erratt stopped. "It's here," he said. But nothing seemed to be in sight. There was only darkness in all directions.

Stopping beside the Garchomp, Brynn reached out with her senses to find the crystal, or some representation of it. There was nothing to see with her eyes, it seemed, but this was the inside of a rather messed-up mind, or so she thought of it. Not everything would be visual.

"Do you know what kind of crystal?"

"It's a shard, taken from the Ice Rock. Eevee travel to the Ice Stone to become Glaceon. It is able to do more than that though. It is pure, if you could recharge it, we could purge Sovereign of this darkness before it takes hold of him." Errat reached out, and touched something in the darkness. "It only needs enough energy to last a moment. But I don't know of any way to use it. It's felt cold, ever since you got here. Are you hiding something, Truestriker?"

"Something that I normally hide from anyone." A slight smile appeared on Brynn's face. "It's rather fortunate, what the crystal is. Makes it easier for me to recharge it." As she focused on the shard of the Ice Rock, she added,"I'd stand back from the shard if I were you."

Barely after she finished speaking, the area began to feel colder. The Gardevoir raised her hands as small orbs of ice-blue energy began forming in a ring around her. Moments later, they coalesced into one larger orb, which seemed to form specks of ice along its edges. Brynn then stepped forward to where she felt the shard was and began to feed her Ice Hidden Power into it.

Erratt, stepped back and watched as energy poured into the crystal. "Impressive." The crystal began to flicker, producing a light blue glow upon the area. As the light spread, Erratt cried out in pain, and fell to the ground. "I do not belong to the light any more." He turned his face to Brynn, revealing his true nature. A disfigured, hideous face was looking up at her. "What have I become, Truestriker?"

Brynn did not turn away from the crystal until she was sure it was charged. She wasn't surprised by Erratt's cry of pain; Ice was a known weakness of Dragons. At his next words, however, the Gardevoir turned to face him, then recoiled in startlement, one hand going up to her mouth. Eyes wide, Brynn couldn't speak for a moment.

I didn't realize this before now... Hanso! Vera! They needed to leave now, before whatever had done this to Erratt got to them as well. Wait, the crystal. Brynn turned quickly to make sure that it was charged.

Light pulsated through the area, revealing horrors unseen before, and burning them away. The energy spread, but there was no way to know if it would really help until they left. "You should go, Truestriker, while you still can. There is no hope left for me. I failed my only son, I'm nothing but a monster now. An empty shell of what I once was. But there's still hope for him, please help him like I couldn't. Tell him the path he takes is not the one he needs. Tell him he needs to go home. Please, do it for me..."

Lowering her hand to the gem around her neck, Brynn cleared her throat and quietly said, "I will."

Erratt seemed to pass out after that, though that term really has no bearing in a world created in the mind. In the light of the crystal, the way back to the outside appeared to Brynn, but it was not what she had left. The city was marred by destruction, and the buildings were in ruins.

Were they too late? There was only one way to find out. "Hanso, Vera!" Brynn's eyes lit up with relief, the Gardevoir approaching the way back out. Her telepathic connections to them were back up. "It's time to go."

Garet

GhostFire
Years
The Dark Unknowing
Hanso vs Varren

Darkness stretched in all directions. An infinite void. Floating in the darkness was a small platform, of uprooted earth. There were several other platforms that seemed to lead to nowhere. the path was illuminated by an unseen light which seemed so dim. The absolute silence, the likes of which no one can find in the real world, a most unsettling sound. A demon waits, hiding in the darkness. He knows a visitor is on the way. What a joy to have a guest. Someone to play with.

Looking back, if he were to live long enough to look back, Hanso would have felt that Sovereign's mind had been, to date, perhaps the most difficult that the SharpEye twins had broken into. It was like a massive stone wall of darkness that they were drilling into, a catastrophic storm that left any it struck spiraling to their death. Well, if it could have been described in the first place.

After forever, or a split second, Hanso found himself on a small earthen platform. Turning revealed to him the infinite void, the dimly lit path of platforms, the absolute silence. Don't think I've seen a mind like this before, have you? Wait. Hanso turned again, then looked around once more. Snap! Where'd the others go? Brynn! Vera!

No reply. It was as if their network had dissolved. Except we've never separated before. Facing the path once more, Hanso sighed, then stepped forward to cross. He could not see where the path ended, or if it did, but it seemed that this mind's occupants had some rules of their own. At least for now.

Each platform bobbed, like boat floating on the water, with each step Hanso took. The path seemed to go on forever as Hanso moved ever forward. "What is this? A mouse caught in a trap? What fun! I've been needing some entertainment, it does get rather dull around here, and it has been so long since I had a guest." The voice was wicked, and harsh. To anyone who was familiar, he sounded just like he belonged in an old gang from Albia.

"What shall we do to pass the time, Hanso? Last time we met we had so much fun. And I'm sure you'll find that I have so much more I can do here. So, what shall we do...?"

Hanso halted as the voice began speaking, chills running down his back. He tried to shake the feeling as he looked around again. There was no sign of another being that he could see, but it would be difficult for the Gallade to forget the voice. "Varren. You're the one I came for, actually."

A mouse in a trap. Was that what this path here was? Hanso turned back to look the way he'd come. "I suppose it won't end if I go back, will it?"

As luck would have it, that was exactly what Hanso needed to do. A door of grand scale and design had appeared right behind him as he turned to look back. The door was white, and was decorated with oddly gothic designs. It screamed fancy, on a decadent scale. The door had a ring knocker, held by a modeled head of a Druddigon.

"How nice of you to finally arrive. Do come in, the guests are waiting ever so patiently for your arrival, but I'm afraid the party has started without you."

Party? Another one? Though I couldn't call wakin' up in a room with an Abra and plenty of food a party, after being gassed. Hanso cautiously approached the door, eyes roaming over the designs. It struck him as something a homicidal killer might appreciate.

Looking around one more time to make sure he wasn't being snuck up on, Hanso lifted the ring knocker and let it drop. How long before he could take charge?

The sound of the knocker echoed across the empty abyss. As the ringing came to a halt, the door cracked open, a blinding light pouring through. When the light subsided, the door was found to be hanging open, with an open, white, ball room inside. There was a stair way in the back of the room, which split off in both directions. The room was decorated as if for a grand celebration. The room was completely void of life, however. The sound of a band playing a joyous dance tune could be heard. It would be most relaxing if not for the fact that every single not was off key, resulting in a most disturbing atmosphere.

"Come in, come in. We have been so bored without you. Please, liven the party!"

Hanso couldn't help but be a little smart-aleck. "Certainly needs livening up," he called back. "Trying to combine a ball and a mausoleum, are you?" Though normally, dead Pokemon were buried in mausoleums.

He needed to keep the atmosphere from getting to him, needed to not freak out, in short. For a moment, Hanso tried to imagine this ballroom the way it would be in real life, with Pokemon and a normal band. Then thoughts of Genevieve started coming, and he tried to cut the whole thing off in his mind.

"HA! Mausoleum, that's a good one! How fitting." One by one, Pokemon began to appear within the ballroom. They danced to the music, as if in celebration. The Pokemon were varied. There were some Machoke off to the side, not dancing at all. Pokemon bearing Gold Tribe medals, and even some Ancients, could be seen all around. Some of them were just ordinary citizens. Among them was a Lucario, possibly the King of Thieves. This was all fine and good, but all of them were missing their face. "Allow me to introduce, the victims of Sovereign "The Crusher," Sentinel of the Silver Tribe."

Okay, how had Sovereign managed to go for ten years with this freak in his head? Hanso only stepped aside when it seemed like one or another of the faceless Pokemon would bump into him if he didn't move. It was difficult to identify any of the Pokemon, even if some did have Gold Tribe medals.

Seeing the Lucario, Hanso frowned and began walking closer, still avoiding the other Pokemon. Was that Roswell? "So the Silver Tribe attacked the Thieves' Village?" he asked aloud. "I'm not sure if I should be surprised or not."

The Lucario turned towards Hanso for a moment, as if to look at him. Suddenly, a flood of memories rushed into his mind, he seemed to be falling, but he could see Sovereign standing above in a great tree.

The great hall was filled with people who all suffered similar fates. As they all turned to look at Hanso, each one's last memory was sent cascading uncontrollably into his mind. A flood of death and destruction, a collage of torment and hatred.

Hanso's hands flew up to clutch his head as the memories came. He didn't have time to think about the Lucario's last memory before the others came crashing in, leaving no room for thought. Stop it... It was both drawn out and a blur, each memory relived yet taking an instant in time.

Finally, one last memory came. More vivid than any of the others. The owner of the memory was looking over a scene with a group of Machoke, who looked very similar to the ones at the party, fighting with a Combusken of small stature and faded feather. A lowly Larvitar lay on the ground already, completely unconscious. Can't do anything right, can they. He thought to himself. He floated down to where the battle ready Combusken was, and whispered, "Sleep..." She staggered a bit before also collapsing to the ground. The Machoke proceeded to beat her while she was unconscious, soft sounds of pain could be heard coming from her mouth. The memory turned to examine the Larvitar.

Vera. Not quite the same species, but Hanso recognized her size and faded colors. Just a memory. Yet he tried to call out to the Combusken, warn her before whoever this was got to her.

"How foolish to defy me. Varren always gets what he wants." The Combusken let out a painful cry, carrying into the ears of the Larvitar which lay before Varren. It's eyes slowly opened, catching Varren off guard. "Wha..." the eyes Varren saw were a deep yellow. "Wh-What is this? Some kind of trick? You think changing your eye color will scare me!?" Varren struck him with a Shadow Punch, but somehow the Larvitar's body did not move.

He saw what was coming. He could feel it even before the memory's bearer looked up at the black sky. They don't stand a chance. Didn't, didn't stand a chance.

Varren noticed that the sounds of the Machoke assaulting the Combusken had stopped. When he looked over, they were all staring into the sky. When Varen looked up, he could see it was black as night. What followed was a mixture of chaos and distorted memories, completely unintelligible. When the chaos ended, Varren was once again looking at the sky, but this time he was on the ground, helplessly waiting.

"I lost EVERYTHING because of an insignificant little worm!" The memory faded away revealing the hall once again, but now it was empty and decrepit.

His lungs filled with breath again, or seemed to, and Hanso's eyes opened as he looked up. Now he knew more of what this Varren was like. And he hated him. "Insignificant? You would think that, wouldn't you?" Hanso's voice was grim, barely hiding his anger. "Easy to think so, when your minions did your dirty work for you. I can already tell what kind of freak you are now, I've seen it before."

It was high time that he took over. His arm-blades unsheathed and began glowing a light blue; his eyes glowed as illusions of himself separated and spread out. Yet in the mind, these weren't mere illusions; they embodied the sensors that Hanso sent out to locate Varren, where the bully's mind was focused. Except 'bully' was nowhere near strong enough to describe this Pokemon.

"You're gonna die, here and now."

The room shook, asn the walls cracked as shadows began to pour in like water.

"What is this? This isn't supposed to happen!" The thick black liquid began to cover everything. Hanso's path, which led up the right hand stairway, was being consumed.

"I suggest you hurry, you and I aren't done, and I highly doubt you want to get swallowed up by Auron's shadow."

Okay, that was creepy in itself, how the room shook right after his words. As the shadows began pouring in, Hanso was already dashing for the stairs. It was the immediate, impulsive reaction to a room being flooded, at least in his case.

The Gallade made a final leap over a spurt of shadows and found the stairway with his feet, body threatening to pinwheel back into the black liquid. Hanso found his balance and hurried up the stairs. "Personally, I believe it isn't Auron's shadow at all." Was he crazy for discussing something like that on the run? "Don't ya know anythin' about his current state of affairs? Oh, wait, you didn't know how they'd all gotten that way in the first place!"

"Think you're so smart, do ya? Auron may not have been the original source of this darkness, but he's the one who currently possesses it." As the ceiling collapsed, the room began to flood faster, the wicked ooze rising further and further. At the top of the stairs, there was another door. It slowly creaked open as Hanso mase his way up the stairs.

"Now get in here, smart-ass!"

"You sure it doesn't possess him?" Am I sure it does? "Whatever!" Hanso suddenly skidded to a halt just before the door. Could he be sure this wasn't an illusion of some sort to push him into a trap? No, I can sense it. The exact same as what corrupted Deluge.

As he ran forward through the door, Hanso didn't look back to check on the shadows' progress. It would cost more time, and he'd already wasted some just then.

Once again, darkness surrounded Hanso. A tile floor could be seen underfoot, illuminated but a circle of light hitting the ground. More beams of light descended, Illuminating a path forward, progressively. At the end of the line, there was Varren, waiting for him. For once, he was not smiling. He looked quite discontent. In fact, it was a very unnerving appearance, since Varren almost always smiled.

"Our little game was cut short, how sad. You finally found me, but can you do what you need to? You can still walk back out that door, and you will return to the outside. You can go back out, and you can kill Sovereign. Or..."

"Or I can kill you," Hanso finished, his voice hard. He had stopped as darkness surrounded him again, then began walking forward slowly as he saw the Gengar. One of the Gallade's arm-blades began glowing a light-blue again, the other covered in the black shadow of a Night Slash.

Even as he approached Varren, Hanso could not help but think that the Gengar would put up a fight. He did not imagine why Varren would just let himself die.

"Yes," Varren said somberly. "You could kill me. But the effects are not the same as they are out there. To kill me is to remove something from Sovereign's mind. But in doing so, your interaction with me may leave you..." Varren smiled once again, but it was a sad smile, filled with regret and sorrow. "... scarred."

"You can't kill me, not really anyway. All you can do is take a part of Sovereign with you. I become a part of you, forever. Are you really capable of that, or will you become a killer in the name of stopping Auron... or do you yet have another agenda...?"

"This is your last chance, you can walk out that door and murder the one you promised to save, or you can slay me and forever be plagued by Sovereign's madness. Make your choice, 'hero'."

Varren's words stopped Hanso in his tracks, holding the Gengar's gaze as he considered. Varren wasn't concerned in the end, was he? If he were to believe him, then doing this would only change the freak's place of residence. Sovereign would not have to deal with Varren, but Hanso would. Thinking about it, Hanso wasn't even sure if he'd be dealing with just Varren, or with this whole madness Sovereign seemed to have.

In all reality, Hanso never had to take this on in the first place. It was only something he'd decided to do. Killing Sovereign would mean one less Sentinel in the way, wouldn't it? And one less monster in the world.

And yet... The Gallade moved forward again, hesitantly at first, then in long steps, until Varren was in striking range. "I've already said you would die." Hanso's voice was just as cold as it had been before, if not colder. "And, it would have been a waste to come all this way just to leave you here." He brought back his Psycho Cut and Night Slash in preparation. "Besides, as you pointed out, I made a promise."

"You came well armed, but this is my domain..." The door slammed shut, as all the lights similtaneously went black. "Kekekekekeke... I am the shadows themseves here, how can you stop what you can't find...?"

So Varren wouldn't go quietly after all. As all light left the area, Hanso reached out with his mental sensors again. The Gengar's presence wasn't focused in front of the Gallade anymore, he was-- Hanso spun and drove his Night Slash home, feeling it slide into Varren. "They call me TrueStriker for a reason."

Varren smiled, but for the first time he actually looked happy. "This place is hell. Maybe your mind will be less painful..." The gash across Varren's body drew no blood. Instead it exploded with a black cloud which ingulfed Hanso, invading his nose, mouth, eyes, and ears!

The Gallade felt as if he was choking, unable to discern anything beyond the dark cloud. As it passed into him, he could almost feel the burden of another mind. The cloud soon passed, leaving Hanso gasping slightly as he looked down at first. After a few moments, his breathing calmed as he looked up.

When the cloud finally cleared, everything was clearer. Despite the fact that everything was dark as night, everything was visible. It was a bedroom. One of exquisite taste. On one of the walls, a painting could be seen. Varren was in it, with several other ghost Pokemon, including a Mismagius, a couple Gastly and a Misdreavus. Varren looked happy in the picture, but not in the twisted way he usually did. On the table in front of the painting there were papers, regarding the murder of a Mismagius who's description matched the one in the picture, and the dissappearance of the three children. Under the papers was a torn open note adressed to a "Darren Vistral."

Your kids are safe. Do exactly what I tell you to, and no one else has to die
-Norre

After picking up the note and reading it, Hanso dropped it back on the table. What...wait, Varren wasn't so bad before? It wasn't clear at first, but...hey, now they were stuck with each other, probably until the day Hanso died. If he lived beyond the war with the Silver Tribe, then he and Varren would have time to talk. Or fight. Whichever the Gengar decided to do. Man, this'll take a while to get used to.

The black ooze from before began to leak through the door. Despite his new eyes, this darkness was still impossible to see through. There's an escape hatch behind the painting. Get us out of here before we wind up slaves ourselves!

Before Hanso could answer Varren, his mind-- or was it their mind now?-- echoed with a familiar voice. "What?..." Glancing at the black ooze, he agreed with the voice. "Ya think? Time to leave five minutes ago. Wait, isn't Vera with you, Brynn?" The Gallade hurried over to the painting, lifting it by its sides and lightly tossing it to one side.

As he left through the escape hatch, Hanso asked Varren, This means you know and hear everything I do, doesn't it? Great...you're gonna have to tell me if I'd brought anything else with me as part of the package.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Vera Fayos vs ????

Vera screamed and screamed, desperately trying to garner the attention of the lone Larvitar. Why do you persist? Soon, Sovereign will be bonded to my power. There is nothing you can do, and nothing you can say that will change that. Your friends are fighting a pointless battle. Even if they can defeat the dredges of Sovereign's mind, my darkness will still consume them.

"Sovereign!" Vera continued to scream until her voice was hoarse and raw. Slowly, it became harder to breath. Even though the air was not really there, it seemed to be getting so thick. Shadows consume all, child. You cannot stop me with words alone.

"Sovereign... you have to remember me. You have to wake up..." Vera's head hanged low as she fell to her knees. "You're my friend, Sovereign... Don't you remember...?"

A single tear fell from her face, and when it touched the seemingly solid floor, it created a massive ripple, like a drop of water on a perfectly still lake. "Don't let this happen to you, Sovereign. Vera's head pulled up, covered in tears as she screamed, "Don't become a monster!"

Suddenly, a light shone, ever so dimly in the distance, as Vera's tears continued to shake the foundations of this illusion. The Larvitar finally opened it's eyes, and gazed upon the mysterious light. "What...?" the Larvitar was not sure where he was, or what was happening, but the light gave him comfort.

NO! I will not allow this! You are mine!

The child stood up, looking around for the source of the voice. "I belong to no one!"

Please, you don't even have a name. Your mother abandoned you without giving you one. You are no one, you are mine...

"I AM SOVEREIGN!"

The Larvitar's body began to glow, as his shape transformed into the one of a Tyranitar. You will be mine! No light in the world can stop me, what makes you think you can!? The shadows began to engulf the light in the distance. I will snuff out every light you have until nothing is left but shadows! I will make you see so far into the abyss that no one will be able to save you!

"Sovereign doesn't need saving," Erratt said as he appeared to the left of Sovereign.

"He has the strength to fight on, even in the darkest shadow," Varren said, to the right.

"He has the will to be a dragon!"

"He won't become a monster at your call!"

Sovereign looked at the companions that had been in his mind all this time. "I was afraid of them for so long. But they are me, and I am them." The shapes of Varren and Erratt shifted, revealing the purple and black Tyranitars. "They are just a part of me, and I must accept them. I am a dragon, but I have neglected my duty. I have darkness inside me, but there is nothing for me to fear from it. If you think I will bow before you, you are very wrong." Sovereign turned and looked back. "Thank you, Vera," he said as she stood up and smiled at him.

This is far from over! The darkness filled his mind as everything became impossible to see.

"No!" A beam of light shot forth, from the direction of the shine. It cut through the darkness and hit Sovereign, empowering him. "This is my territory. I command you to leave this place, or else I will have to show you just what I'm capable of!"

I will have you! You are mine! I will not be denied my prize!

"You will never have me!" Sovereign yelled, as his body shone a bright, blinding light. When Vera opened her eyes to look, there was no more darkness. Everything was white, but it was somehow soft, and comfortable.

"Sovereign... I-"

A sharp pain. Vera's eyes opened to the city in ruins. Sovereign was in front of her, his hand wrist deep in her stomach. "Vera...?!" If I can't have you, then you will be made to suffer...

He pulled it out quickly, as she fell to the ground, holding the wound. Sovereign crouched down, as he began to cry, something he had never done his entire life. "Vera! No!"

"SOMEONE HELP!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back