• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shattered Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
I really can't wait to play the beta for this!
Btw in the faq the release date still says 6.20.11
(just pointing that out)

I'm really going to be in trouble picking a starter :P
As it happens treecko and cyndaquil are my favourite starters in their respective regions.
If this is finished this could easily surpass everything I've seen in the past.
Please keep it up! :)

Aww no support bars yet.
Oh well I'll just put it in my signature then ^^

Years
No, I respect Frostbite so I changed them.. I already proved I can do it myself and that I didn't steal them but I want to make sure there is absolutely no room for any further acusations. Besides I quite like the new indoor looks as well as the cave [although I want to change the background color to something else but nothing really matches].
Fair enough.
Maybe the backround color could be Brown?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I think you should just put those accusations behind yourself and focus on your hack regardless of whether you did anything or not (which I'm 99% certain you didn't). Just keep it going and it'll be nice to see your hack still going in about a year's time and hopefully you'll be able to add it to that illustrious list of completed hacks. Good luck!

AshtonTS

Umbreon
Years
  • Age 27
  • CT
  • Seen Dec 6, 2014
Quick question, where does the current release end? because I can't get past Emerald Town

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
I'm really going to be in trouble picking a starter :P
As it happens treecko and cyndaquil are my favourite starters in their respective regions.

cyndaquil alll the waaay! pick em! lol. thats who im picking :)

quick question to Quilava's Master tho. are the bugs in your first post going to be fixed once the new release is out?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Update #8

I think you should just put those accusations behind yourself and focus on your hack regardless of whether you did anything or not (which I'm 99% certain you didn't). Just keep it going and it'll be nice to see your hack still going in about a year's time and hopefully you'll be able to add it to that illustrious list of completed hacks. Good luck!
That is totally my intention. I can't afford to be sidetracked now.
Doesn't matter if there's too much purple. I like purple. <3
Try a few options, and release the screenshots to the public and let them decide. ;)
Hmm this isn't a bad idea. We'll see.
Quick question, where does the current release end? because I can't get past Emerald Town
That is the end of the current release.
cyndaquil alll the waaay! pick em! lol. thats who im picking :)

quick question to Quilava's Master tho. are the bugs in your first post going to be fixed once the new release is out?
Of course! Right now I'm finishing up Mozilla City [the site of the first gym] and none of the errors from Alpha 1 are present.

Update
What a week. I got so much done. I've inserted all the ASM Routines I intend to use [credits to Jambo51, NarutoActor, & Hackmew]. If you haven't noticed in the credits department I've added the Trainer Facing fix. Now when you're challenged by a trainer you won't have to battle them with your back facing them. I've also added new music! I added the PokeMart, PokeCenter, Rustboro, Surfing, Route 110, and Verdantuf Themes from R/S/E [credits to Tiggerwoodz for helping me with the voicegroup editing] and the Goldenrod Theme from GSC [credits to Magius for the theme]. That means each map will have it's own atmosphere and music won't have to be recycled too often. I've even made a short video showcasing the features, music, etc. [I truly apologize for that horrid battle at the end, Togepi kept missing cause Wurmple refused to stand still -__-] Also just lik eevery other video taken with VBA the video and sound aren't synced up near the end.

Also it has been brought to my attention that I never fully explained the altered abilities of some Pokemon yet, so here we go:
SD80.png
SD81.png

Above we have two Pokemon: Caterpie & Weedle. Normally their ability is simply Shield Dust. However in Zinnos many Pokemon have adapted and gained new abilities. These aren't the only two Pokemon with new abilities. A good majority of Pokemon have new abilities in addition to their previous ability. Only in Zinnos can you own a Dragonite with Thick Fat or a Cancnea with Rough Skin. With the Beta [which still has no release date] I'll include a list of Pokemon with altered abilities. The ability changes are also part of the story, as Valor [a Pokemon hunter and one of the Rivals] searches for such Pokemon. Shinies also play a major role in the story of the hack but I'll reveal more about that later on. Also on an unrelated note I've changed the movesets of almost 200 Pokemon with those from Hoenn retaining their movesets. This was done so that Pokemon learned moves closer together as opposed to having a level 20 Quilava with Tackle still in it's moveset. Pokemon fom Hoenn learned moves at a decent curve so they were left unchanged for the most part.

Conclusion
This update was supposed to be about the Pokennect but I decided to show off these new features instead. The next update will be about the Pokennect, I promise. Also in the video you'll notice the man in the Pokemon Center who gives you the Togepi event is always there. Since I don't have a release date for the Beta yet I haven't limited his appearence. In the beta he will only be present on one day [which will more than likely be on the first day of the beta release]. Oh and you'll notice that in the screenshots from Update #5 the Togepi is holding the Silk Scarf but in the video it's holding the Lucky Egg. In the beta release the Togepi will be holding the Lucky Egg. Be warned that if you miss the event that's too bad cause that will be your only chance to obtain the Lucky Egg in game without cheating.

~QM

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
nice recolored sprites. great update. & if u want a support bar tell me what u would like on it & il make 1

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2011
This Game is awesome . The sprites look great. There are still a few glitches but they can be fixed . I KNOW IT!

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
can't get out of the emerald city pokemon center.

thats ok if u cant because i think thats where the game ends anyways. only thing to do is to battle some trainers in the park and thats it i think. correct me if im wrong.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
nice recolored sprites. great update. & if u want a support bar tell me what u would like on it & il make 1
A support bar would be awesome. Can it have Jirachi and Lati@s. Please and thank you.

This Game is awesome . The sprites look great. There are still a few glitches but they can be fixed . I KNOW IT!
Thanks. There are currently no glitches in the current ROM I'm working on. That means when it's time for the next release it should be relatively bug free.
thats ok if u cant because i think thats where the game ends anyways. only thing to do is to battle some trainers in the park and thats it i think. correct me if im wrong.
Correct.
Anymore updates coming soon? Sorry, I can't wait. :P
Good luck! :)
Read on to get the answer to your question.
what generation pokemon are you using ?
Up to and including the 3rd Generation.

NEWS FLASH
I am currently on vacation with my family. This does not mean that progress on the hack will stop it just means that updates may not go up as frequently. What this also means is that each update will be bigger and feature about 12 screenshots each. The next update should be up in a few days.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2011
Hey man first time post....
so far seems like a legit effort!
but I have a bit of a problem, I cant seem to get past mozilla city.
I've defeated the gym and have delivered uncle leo's package yet the security guard to Sapphire meadow will not let me pass!
just wondering what my next course of action should be?

And also I have found a bug.
When exiting the first town the first person on the trail you see when spoken to will reply with "qua" (or similar cant quite remember) in a recurring fashion preventing you from continuing the game.
thanks in advance for your assistance.
Lenny.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Hey man first time post....
so far seems like a legit effort!
but I have a bit of a problem, I cant seem to get past mozilla city.
I've defeated the gym and have delivered uncle leo's package yet the security guard to Sapphire meadow will not let me pass!
just wondering what my next course of action should be?

And also I have found a bug.
When exiting the first town the first person on the trail you see when spoken to will reply with "qua" (or similar cant quite remember) in a recurring fashion preventing you from continuing the game.
thanks in advance for your assistance.
Lenny.
Have you battled your rival in the Pokemon Center? From there the game pretty much explains itself.

The glitch has been noted and fixed for future releases. Hope you enjoy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back