• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dream Team

Years
Hi I was wondering if there is any flaws in my "dream team". I have all the Pokemon needed to finish this team... I just need to level them up and get the movesets/evolutions needed for this team. Anyway, please if you have any advice it would be highly appreciated. This is for Pokemon White btw:

Hydreigon
Dark/Dragon
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Draco Meteor
-Outrage

Venusaur
Grass/Poison
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power
-Sleep Powder

Braviary
Normal/Flying
-Brave Bird
-Crush Claw
-Rock Slide
-Hone Claws

Chandelure (Evolve at lv.53)
Ghost/Fire
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power

Samurott
Water
-Surf
-Blizzard
-Air Slash
-Substitute

Metagross
Steel/Psychic
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt
-Hyper Beam

I'm not so good at calculating EVs although I wish I was, and I don't see a difference in what Natures do :/. But feel free to enlighten me! I'd love to improve my team as much as possible.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
EVs, abilities, items and natures please? Natures help one stat and hinder the other. For example, a Modest nature boosts Special Attack slightly, but lowers Attack slightly. This helps explain the importance of natures. To elaborate, natures boost one stat slightly while hindering another. This is useful for Pokémon who focus solely on one offensive stat; on mixed sweepers, it's a bit tricky, as they may have to lose out slightly on a defensive stat so that they have extra power or Speed. On defenders, it helps them take hits a bit more easily on one defensive side. For example, Hydreigon is primarily seen as a special or mixed attacker, so a Modest (boosts Special Attack, but lowers Attack; preferred for pure Special Hydreigon) Mild or Rash (both boost Special Attack, but the former lowers Defense, while the latter lowers Special Defense; preferred for mixed variants) nature is preferred

You also need to specify your 'mons' Hidden Power types.

Hydreigon currently has nothing for it to take on Steels. Its movepool is extremely wide as well:
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Superpower
-Earthquake/Earth Power/Dark Pulse/Roost
Nature: Rash/Mild
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

or
-Substitute
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Fire Blast/Roost
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

or
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast
-U-turn/Dark Pulse
Nature: Modest
Item: Choice Specs

I'll assume that the Venusaur you got is the Overgrow variant. Without Chlorophyll (Venusaur's Dream World ability) and Drought support from Ninetales, it's seriously mediocre. Ferrothorn is a better option because of its high defenses and good typing:
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell

You do realize that Braviary has Superpower to hit Steels hard, right?:
-Return
-Brave Bird
-Superpower
-U-turn/Roost (latter Life Orb only)
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf/Life Orb
Ability: Defiant

Chandelure's Hidden Power type should be Fighting. A Modest nature should be used with the EV spread of 120 HP/252 SAtk/8 SDef/128 Spe. And you can just evolve Lampent into Chandelure as soon as you get it, then use the Shadow Ball TM on it (it's right behind the Strange House).

Samurott can force switches, but it's better off setting up Swords Dance or hitting the switch-in with the appropriate coverage move. Air Slash is unnecessary on it, IMO:
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Megahorn
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry/Mystic Water

or
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot/Hidden Power (Grass)
-Taunt/Megahorn/Superpower
Nature: Timid/Naive

Hyper Beam style moves are a big no-no, no matter how tempting the base power is (especially on Metagross). They leave the user a sitting duck the next turn:
-Stealth Rock
-Meteor Mash
-Pursuit
-Earthquake/Hammer Arm
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/96 Atk/160 SDef
Item: Leftovers

or
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Zen Headbutt/Pursuit/ThunderPunch/Ice Punch
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 164 HP/252 Atk/92 Spe
Item: Choice Band

or
-Agility
-Zen Headbutt
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash/Ice Punch
Nature: Jolly/Adamant

or
-Meteor Mash
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Grass Knot
-Earthquake/Zen Headbutt
Nature: Naughty
EVs: 252 HP/228 SAtk/28 Spe

To clear out your Pokémon's EVs, use the Salon in Join Avenue, assuming your Pokémon's happiness isn't full, and you hired the right person.

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for your feedback. It helps a lot, however I don't understand how my Venusaur wouldn't be a good choice? Oh well.

Another thing is how exactly do I give my Pokemon EVs? And how long does it take?

Edit: Also, would it be a good idea to breed all my Pokemon, to start from level one with fresh stats?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thanks for your feedback. It helps a lot, however I don't understand how my Venusaur wouldn't be a good choice? Oh well.

Another thing is how exactly do I give my Pokemon EVs? And how long does it take?

Edit: Also, would it be a good idea to breed all my Pokemon, to start from level one with fresh stats?

Venusaur may be OU, but it only performs well in Sun teams, and only if it has Chlorophyll as its ability.

Read this; it definitely helps explain how to get EVs.

With Samurott, you'll have to make do with with the one that Prof. Juniper/Bianca gives you. Zweilous can be found in Victory Road (in the caverns that lead to N's Castle). You'll have to do some breeding with Ferrothorn, yes, since Leech Seed and Spikes are two of its egg moves (breed a female Ferroseed/Ferrothorn with a male Cacturne, as the latter can learn both moves by level up. But you can save time by breeding a female Ferroseed/Ferrothorn with any 'mon in its egg group with Leech Seed, then teaching the offspring Stealth Rock in Nacrene at the cost of 10 Green Shards). Defiant Braviary appears every Thursday in Route 4 (White 2 only). Metang (and by extension, Metagross) is so hard to catch; just breed Beldum/Metang/Megagross with Ditto.

Back