• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2012
Hello :3 I just searched all over the internet for a Shiny Hunters club and basicly just signed up for a account on this Website cause I saw this. :P
I seriously hope I just post my Shiny's to join and didn't miss a second post or something with sign up form anyways,

I have no Shinies, I've been Shiny hunting for 3 months and still no Shiny SR's are boring to I switched off of that for a day and took my Cindaquil and started hunting in Route 30 for a Shiny Caterpie. Than I got my Pearl out and started hunting for Pikachu using my Pikachu Salsa who has amazing luck for some reason. Than got my White out and hunted for a Lillipup since those things are so cute. :3 And this all happened on the second day of my Shiny Hunting career.
And now today I haven't touched Pearl in a month, Never even started on White because I saved and 10 seconds later forgot what I was doing but when I remembered I was to lazy to start again, and on Route 30 on my Heartgold i've only done 165 RE's in 3 months. Yes I know, I'm horrible. :<
But I was doing so good on the first day since I got 8?? SR's done. Can someone help me with this? I've lost 2 Shiny's in the Safari Zone but my mind keeps telling me ill never get a Shiny they have only appeared in the Safari Zone for me and I lost both of them. :/

Last edited:

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Kat10089 shinies don't only appear in the safari zone. I have 5 (one unown by luck, the other ones are very commonly shiny, red gyarados and event legendary beasts) and my unown was in the ruins of alph, not the safari zone. I don't even use the safari zone that much. Actually, I use it a lot.

Years
This thread is going downhill..

I mean, this Kat10089 says she had a good day because she got 8 SR's? I mean wtf?
Half of the posts are people wanting the join and others are people saying that they did 10 more encounters today, woohoo.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Ack! I haven't posted here in so long!

Soo, what to say....well, I guess I'm really just posting to let you all know that I'm not dead! I haven't really shiny hunted seriously since my last shiny back on July 11th, so I'm currently going through a 5+ month drought. I've been really busy with school, college apps, and basketball, that's all. Well, now that college apps are basically over for me, I guess you could say that I'm now busy with scholarship apps, school, and basketball, lol. This Winter Break is looking up for me in terms of free time, however, so hopefully, I'll be able to find at least one shiny soon.

I can't wait until the basketball season is over. Then I'll FINALLY have some free time for shiny hunting!

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2012
I did around 800, not 8. It had question marks by an 8 because I had no idea how exactly many I had because the sheet I was tallying on was completly ruined. By the way, edited my last post to make the Safari Zone part make sense.

Last edited:

DACALSTA

Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]
Years
GRATS RETRO FOR THE SHINY ABRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, still nothing yet but nice to see some new blood and some more shines popping up =)

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Well, Im going to stop shiny hunting for a while. I need a break, and I dont think Im anywhere close to finding the shiny Joltik Im looking for, Ive found almost 1100 Joltik in Chargestone Cave and am very discouraged, so time to take a break and finish White, then I can breed some shinies, and SR some like The Musketeer trio and Thunderus.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
8192 Icefall Cave encounters. I've been dual hunting the Johto starters because it's too difficult to count two different hunts that have different timings, and since I'm not counting my Johto starters, it's easy to dual hunt them.

Club ownership has been transferred to G-Money due to the previous owner's inactivity; please feel free to message me any questions regarding this and enjoy the new ownership!

Thank you!! The first post has been updated with the current contest.

No offense but was that photo taken with a toaster?

I kid I kid! Grats man, getting it on the 1000th encounter!? Maybe that's good luck from here on! Let me cut in front of the line though. ;)

I hope so! I was shocked to find it on exactly #1000, haha.

And yes, I did take it with a toaster. I ended up eating the potato that I normally use to take pictures during Thanksgiving dinner, so I had to use my toaster to take that photo.

Dude! Did you take that with a camera!? :pink_laugh: Congrats on the shiny!! I guess you did get in the express line! You figured out its secret! To anyone else who wants to know the secret:

Spoiler:

hello i wish to join the club plz

Welcome to the club! Congrats on your shinies - I don't know that many people who have a shiny Venonat. I'd say it's one of the rarer shinies.

Good luck on your Charmander hunt!

Hello :3 I just searched all over the internet for a Shiny Hunters club and basicly just signed up for a account on this Website cause I saw this. :P

Welcome to the SHC! 800 in a day is an awesome pace. It's hard to do a lot of encounters at the beginning - I remember my first hunt felt like it took forever. Just keep hunting! When you finally get your shiny, you'll be glad you did. :cer_wink:

This Winter Break is looking up for me in terms of free time, however, so hopefully, I'll be able to find at least one shiny soon.

Good luck on your college apps and basketball, Fufu! Hopefully you'll have enough time to get a shiny...or 5. :pink_laugh:

I need a break

Alright, Shiny Celebi. Enjoy playing White and have a nice vacation! *teleports Shiny Celebi to Caribbean island*

Can someone help me with this? I've lost 2 Shiny's in the Safari Zone but my mind keeps telling me ill never get a Shiny they have only appeared in the Safari Zone for me and I lost both of them. :/

I've lost half of the shinys I've seen, though. Stupid Safari Zone.

A Shiny ryhorn appeard in the safari zone and got away

STAY AWAY FROM THE SAFARI ZONE!!!! IT IS BAD!!!! VERY BAD!!!! VERY, VERY, VERY BAD!!!!

The Safari Zone is a shiny hunter's worst nightmare! I usually just go in there once at the beginning of the game, get one of every Pokemon for Dex purposes, and then leave and never come back! Enter at your own peril!

andrei0310

Water-type Trainer/Collector
Years
G-money's right stay as far away as u can from that dreadful place i Remember back when i was beginner played pokemon fire red went into the safari zone and found a shiny eggxecute i was careful with it the it escaped and i promised my self never to go back to that dreadful and awful place STAY WAY FROM IT

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
hello guys, im new here so bear with me. last night, i was watching rise of the planets apes, while hunting for modest bagon. Then shiny golbat appeared in 50 RE!!! Today, while currently triple SR for torchic on Ruby 2 and Sapphire 1 and 2. On ruby 1 was eving train speed and spatk Shelgon, Shiny zubat appeared in 25 RE!!! Lucky xmas gifts ever.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2012
Got 300 RE on Route 30 Shiny Caterpie hunt, going better than its been for a long time.
Salsa isn't finding any Pikachu's or Pichu's which is odd, since he is a Pikachu with the Static ability I guess his luck has run out. :/

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Congrats G-Money, Lake of Retro, and everyone else who got shinies! :]

I was close to complaining acknowledging that everyone seemed to be cutting me in line, but then:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Took me 2,820 eggs! I was so sure I wasn't gonna get it before 3,000... I was playing an iPhone game with somebody, and when I looked down at my DS, I saw it. :D G-Money will probably recognize its nickname xD

Sorry for one of the pictures being sideways, I must've been holding my camera at a weird angle, so it flipped the picture and I'm too lazy to edit it back to normal.

Good luck to everyone else on your hunts, and may you get your shinies quicker than I did. Lol.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I picked up my Palkia hunt for a little bit last night, got to 5700 SRs, and then tore open a portal in time and flung it far into the future where my evil is law. Expect a shiny Palkia from me circa 2016. :cer_laugh: I restarted Pearl so that I could SR for the Sinnoh starters (in addition to Platinum), so first I caught the legendaries so I'd have another set to transfer, since I was going to restart anyways. But I messed up tweaking Shaymin (in case you ever try it, do not use the Explorer's Kit to save on Seabreak Path - open up the Pokedex first and then save in the menu!) and lost my save. :( Fortunately there were no shinies on it, and one of the people on the tweaking site came up with a brilliant idea to help me out: you can still transfer to 5th gen! So I ended up being able to save most of my Pokemon on Pearl by kicking them up to GenV.

That doesn't really relate to shinies that much, but in case you ever run into that problem, it's a great way to save your Pokemon before restarting your game. :) I was seconds away from restarting when someone told me that, "lol."

I might do some Manaphy from time to time, but I'm taking that very lightly. If I can get one done per year, I should have a 50/50 chance of getting one by 7689 A. D. :pink_laugh:

8740 Icefall Cave encounters and 301 Route 216 encounters.

shiny golbat appeared in 50 RE!!! Today, while currently triple SR for torchic on Ruby 2 and Sapphire 1 and 2. On ruby 1 was eving train speed and spatk Shelgon, Shiny zubat appeared in 25 RE!!! Lucky xmas gifts ever.

OMG Shiny caterpie just appeared in Pokemon Crystal in only 150 RE!!!!!!

Welcome to the club! That's incredible luck to have - what a great sign! Three shinies in 225 encounters is the best opening anyone's had here, at least as far as I can remember!

Salsa isn't finding any Pikachu's or Pichu's

You can't get Pikachu on Route 30! I'd recommend hunting on another route if you're looking for a shiny one. ;)

Took me 2,820 eggs!

Congrats, Night!!!! What soarin' shiny! You've been hunting Charmander rapidfire since April; you must really have a fleetfoot to be able to hatch that many eggs! Congrats on having all that dedication pay off. I bet you had a wonder bolt of joy when you saw it hatch! :cer_smile:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
quick update..
on ruby 2, sapphire 1 and 2 did 455 SR for Shiny torchic
in my crystal verison i SRing the mystery egg.
so far no luck...and like to wish G-Money the best luck on his targets, hope you find 1 on xmas or xmas eve, and does ID's mean anything if you hunting for a starter?

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
im going to get sick of charmander untill i get a shiny one now that some one else got one... :)

i plan on SRing like normal but also masuda methoding for one as well and i might just SR on heart gold now that im close to beating it.

wish me luck or atleast keep me from going insane.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on all the new shinies! They're coming fast and furious.

Welcome all new members!

This week's random hunt is... Miltank! Sorry for being late again. It was my sister's birthday on Sunday, and I had a busy Monday.

I still haven't started hunting yet, but I plan to today.

Back