• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Galaxy Deoxys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampoleongaurdian

Team Galactic Member
Years
Yet another idea I have but first, the copyrights

Deoxys infection © Esepibe
Galaxys © Esepibe
infected legendaries © Esepibe
infected Dawn © Moi

Okay the idea is simple.

A whole lot of Deoxys attack the pokemon world and Ash & friend get caught in the middle of it and Dawn gets infected. The Deoxys already on the planet (I assume three) try to stop the other Deoxys. Dawn becomes Galaxys and Ash, pikachu, and Brock have to save the world. It takes place after the twelve movie with no spoilers.

That enough info? Start being advice givers!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Stop posting ideas and write something for once. >_<

This.

Only, I'll offer you a bit more of an explanation. You've been producing ideas left and right. Some of them were good. Some of them... not so much. You even got support for at least one of them. However, you're not going much further. All you're doing is coming up with a bunch of ideas for a crapload of stories, so it feels like for all the advice we're giving you, we won't actually see you produce it. =/

That's the problem with plot bunnies, or ideas that run rampant through your head. People tend to get a ton of them all the time (I do too), but the trick is to focus on only one or two ideas that you're definitely going to sit down and write. Don't even try to flesh out three, four, or even more than that unless you're talking about one-shots.

Or, to make it a bit less confusing, you want to write a bunch of chaptered fics. It's possible to write more than one at a time. However, you've fired off more than three ideas for chaptered fics in this past week. If you fired off ideas for a crapload of one-shots (fics that are only one chapter long), that sort of thing would be kosher because at least you'd be able to keep up with it. What you're considering doing is overloading yourself with a bunch of stories of considerable length. In order to pull that off, you either have to sacrifice your sanity (and your life off the computer) or the quality of your writing. Either way, it's not good.

And if you're not actually going to write about these ideas, it feels like you're spamming the forums with ideas you're not actually going to use after all, which makes it feel like all the effort we put into posting advice, support, and whatnot is going to waste.

That being said, the primary problem here is exactly the same as the one concerning the idea about Dawn in the Sonic universe. You've gone on someone's dA, and probably without actually contacting them via an e-mail address that's clearly on their profile, you're pretty much using their concepts without their permission. Only this time, you're taking it a step further because Galaxys is actually a fan-created Pokémon, not a canon character concept in a new universe. In other words, you really are stealing someone's fan character in this case. Again, you can give them credit all you want, but you really need to go ask for permission before going ahead and doing this to avoid drama and general trouble (like the "no plagiarism" rule in the PFF&P rule sticky).

But aside from copyrighting, you've got alien entities attacking the planet for no established reason (especially given the fact that there's Deoxys already on the planet and living fairly peacefully with all the earthlings). Dawn gets infected and becomes Galaxys, but I'm left to wonder what bearing this has on the fic itself. (As in, are you doing this because you're a sadistic fan, or is she actually going to become a superhero/traitor/something that would involve Galaxys actually being important to this storyline?) And meanwhile, I'm going, "So... alien entity + human = infection = human changed into an alien enti-- wait, why does this sound familiar?" But that latter note might just be egotism acting up.

I guess the short of it is:

1. Man, seriously, these are a lot of fic concepts you're churning out lately, and that's not necessarily a good thing. Will we be seeing anything from it?
2. Didn't we just get done having a lengthy discussion about why it's a bad idea to use concepts and fan-created characters you found on deviantART without permission?
3. Okay, so, what motivations are we looking at here? Why are they attacking? Why is it necessary that Dawn gets turned into a super Pokémon? You seem to imply that Ash is the one saving the world, so I can't tell if Dawn's powers will come into this by helping him or if she's just going to try ripping him apart on a near-frequent basis.
4. Lulz, alien parasites.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Yet another idea I have but first, the copyrights

Deoxys infection © Esepibe
Galaxys © Esepibe
infected legendaries © Esepibe
infected Dawn © Moi
Like Jax said.
Okay the idea is simple.
On this I have no doubt.
A whole lot of Deoxys attack the pokemon world and Ash & friend get caught in the middle of it and Dawn gets infected.
Why? Motivations, backstory?
The Deoxys already on the planet (I assume three) try to stop the other Deoxys.
Again, why? Why are there three deoxys on the planet? If we go by anime canon, there are only two. And why do they fight their own species? From what I saw in Destiny Deoxys, these guys look out for each other.
Dawn becomes Galaxys
How? And what? From what Jax said, it's a fakemon created by somebody else (so BE CAREFUL), but how does it fit? What role does it play? This is key when putting a character into a story. Because you're a Dawn fan doesn't cut it. If she doesn't play a part, be ruthless. I'm just assuming she doesn't, because you haven't told us what it is!
and Ash, pikachu, and Brock have to save the world.
See, at least these guys have a role, albeit one that has been done FIFTY-HUNDRED-GABAJILLION AND SEVEN TIMES BEFORE. Be careful with cliches. They bite.
It takes place after the twelve movie with no spoilers.
The word you're looking for here is 'twelfth'.

That enough info? Start being advice givers!
Well, it's what I do. So lose the advice threads and GIMME SOME FICS TO REVIEW PLSTHKU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back