• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Is there anyway to only keep trainer sprites x0.5 zoomed, since they appear big when using elite battle system?

Pokemon and Trainer sprites should be in 1*1 pixel resolution, instead of the regular 200% upscaled ones that Essentials uses. The system is designed to be used like that.

But sure, I don't want to keep seeing the same question over and over again, so I changed a few things in Sprite and BitmapWrapper. Look for TRAINERSPRITESCALE and change it to your liking.

[S-HIGHLIGHT][EDIT][/S-HIGHLIGHT]
I've done some further modifications to Scene, AnimationPlayer and Sprite to add aditional visual effects and animations to the Safari Zone battles.

gr3ygho$t28

Veteran Gamer
Years
Pokemon and Trainer sprites should be in 1*1 pixel resolution, instead of the regular 200% upscaled ones that Essentials uses. The system is designed to be used like that.

But sure, I don't want to keep seeing the same question over and over again, so I changed a few things in Sprite and BitmapWrapper. Look for TRAINERSPRITESCALE and change it to your liking.

I've done some further modifications to Scene, AnimationPlayer and Sprite to add aditional visual effects and animations to the Safari Zone battles.

For your new updates, Just replace the old scripts with your new modified ones, yes?

Also question: Does your system support mega evolutions? I didn't see it in the video for the battle system, so I wasn't sure. I won't be able to find out until tomorrow unless you respond today.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Also question: Does your system support mega evolutions? I didn't see it in the video for the battle system, so I wasn't sure. I won't be able to find out until tomorrow unless you respond today.

It's just a visual overhaul. All the functionality of Essentials is retained. So yes. There is megalution.

80d18f08c521d26db2fdefce7ea4066a.png
Even more edits done to Scene, AnimationPlayer and UI portions of the script to add Dynamic weather animations.
(This feature is only available if you use the new UI)

Last edited:
Years
Is there any way to remove the animation when player throws out the pokemon at the start of a battle?

Otherwise awesome script!

Years
How do you make it so the back sprites are not doubled in size. Because i want to use XY ORAS sprites but the back sprites are too big.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
You guys need to understand something very important about these sprites that you're using. And I don't know how it doesn't bother you, but it bothers me a lot. The whole system is designed to give off a sense of perspective. Backsprites are closer to the player, hence closer to the actual "screen", so in order to give off a sense of perspective they have to be larger than the front sprites (objects closer to your eye appear larger than objects in the distance). So shrinking the backsprites, and using them in the same ratio as the frontsprites is absolutely stupid and looks ugly as hell. You completely destroy the sense of perspective that I've been aiming to achieve. Gen 6 Pokemon models were not designed to be used as sprites in a 2D battle scene.
70ccb554618ca58b6539bb864814f46b.png
On top of all the issues of the perspective, there is a glaring issue of direction. The gen 6 Pokemon models weren't ripped and compiled with the appropriate "tilt" to be used in a gen 5 environment. The gen 5 sprites were drawn to be facing a certain direction, and hence further emphasize the ongoing sense of perspective.

Conclusion: Those gen 6 "sprites" look bad in Essentials overall. Due to their design, scaling and orientation.
17045e4cdf00e35536f3391b1d6b3820.png
mega Scizor by Falgaia
P.S. You also need a bigger screen size to accommodate those bigger gen 6 "sprites".

Last edited:

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
Got a bug and a couple of errors here after updating the scripts.
First is this, when throwing a rock in the Safari Zone.
Spoiler:

Second, when using the "weather-changing man" to change the weather on the test map and triggering a wild battle:
Spoiler:

Also, when capturing a Pokemon during the safari game, this happens when the Pokedex is brought up:
Spoiler:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Got a bug and a couple of errors here after updating the scripts.
First is this, when throwing a rock in the Safari Zone.

Second, when using the "weather-changing man" to change the weather on the test map and triggering a wild battle:

Also, when capturing a Pokemon during the safari game, this happens when the Pokedex is brought up:

Your first two errors occour because you haven't updated all the scripts required. The Dynamic Weather script came after the Safari Zone fix, so you need to get all the scripts mentioned in both the posts. I need to think about the last part. Apparently the UI's viewport has a higher priority than that of the dex scene. So I need to figure out what I'll do with that.

[EDIT] Updated the Scene script to fix the battle box thing.

Last edited:

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
When prompted to switch to a different Pokemon before the opposing Trainer sends out the next Pokemon, the yes/no choices are covered by the healthbox:
Spoiler:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Update!

I've re-written and updated all 6 scripts, either to add new functionality, fix bugs or just simply organize and tidy up things. The biggest part of this update is that the system is fully compatible with the Gen 6 Project. I plan to update the system on a regular basis, to make sure that the compatibility is there for any future updates to the Gen 6 Project. I feel that with the way I've set the system up, it is easier for me to fix any potential bugs, than Mej having to reupload the whole kit for the fixes.

All settings for the battle system are now handled in the DynamicBattle section.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Anybody know how to make this Illusion script compatible with EB? Only graphic, shadow , cry and sent out messages need to be changed.
Dude...I just posted the compatibility...
Like...one post above yours...

All you have to do is define the move effect, or use the gen 6 project.

Scratch that, it's not working properly.

Actually, it does work. If you implement it like it says in the instructions, my system will change the other required messages and sprites.

Last edited:
Years
Tried doing it again, it works fine now. Guess i just did something wrong the first time then.

Double battles give me this error though
Spoiler:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Double battles give me this error though
Yeah, that happens because I'm stupid. Updated the Battle script to fix the issue.

In other news. I've done some further tweaking to Scene. The major thing is that the Gen 6 Project ability messages have been edited (design wise) to look better with the overall UI of the system. If you have the Gen 6 Project, ability messages will pop up. If not, they won't. But not having the Gen 6 Project, will not break the battle system. The following image is required for the new ability messages.
abilityMessage.png

Download it to your [S-HIGHLIGHT]Graphics/Pictures/abilityMessages.png[/S-HIGHLIGHT] path.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2020
Whenever I catch a Shadow Pokemon in a double battle, I get this error.

Spoiler:

Catching a Shadow Pokemon brings up this error, but the battle continues afterwards. However, the Pokemon does not appear to actually be caught. (It doesn't get sent to the PC or to the player's party)
Any ideas?

Back