• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I was discussing some things we have found out about diamond and pearl's inner workings with another member when it hit me, we should have a thread dedicated to stuff we find we can already change in diamond and pearl (since the emulator works pretty well now).

I know that Blazichu has learned how to change the text "2006 Pokemon" at the beginning of the game, and I myself have found out a way to change the character's transformation to a overworld sprite. It seems we both used TLP (Tile-Layer Pro).

Anyway Like I was saying I think it would be a good idea if we post things we find, like graphics, text (yeah right, been down that road!), and other such things.

Here are some images of my transformation change...
tilelayerqq4.png

Tile Layer Pro change (put in GBA format)

changekc1.png

IN-game screenshot

If you find anything that you think may be useful for hacking the future generation games...here is the place to put it!

Let's get some attention from other members! If you want put this banner in your sig![
The code is below, just put it in your sigs. (Replace all "{}'s" with "[]'s")
Code:
{URL="http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=82080"}{IMG}http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/8706/bannertt7.gif{/IMG}{/URL}

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Well, yes, The ___ in my post was ment to be for you, but I forgot your username. I changed it though. Also I think I may have found a string of text in the game to try and make a table file, but when you replace it, the rom image crashes...interesting.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Yep, I tried to change trainer's pokes and it works! I changed Lass on Route 202.

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
Years
If people start finding out the bytecodes used to edit the commands in a script please PM or Mail them to meso we can construct a Diamond/Pearl Command Databas for Pokescript
(It's easy enough to do)

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I'm gonna try this and edit the heros when you pick them to look different

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Also I have recently found the Pokemon Icons, so they can be changed and also I have found the intro where it says Gamefreak and their symbol in TLP.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
What's the offset for the hero's overoworlds

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
When you find things please post pictures and explainations (if possible) so that other people can learn how to do these things. Oh and thank you for your contributions.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
Years
GreenZ, thats pretty amazing. It'll be interesting to see when mapping is possible. I am aware of a DP overworld extractor, but it doesn't write yet and it's in japanese.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
can we import with the overworl extractor plus can i tak ePM's for how people did this

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2007
GreenZ, thats pretty amazing. It'll be interesting to see when mapping is possible. I am aware of a DP overworld extractor, but it doesn't write yet and it's in japanese.
Why would you hack D/P? Since it's a great game anyway, thus we have no mapping tools for the roms yet.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
well first of all we need to work out the table file whic i guess we shoudl just wait those few extra days for the US version of D/P to come out

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Again not that hard, A 5 minute job, just do a relative search.
Not exactly... I've made many table files for GBA games, but the DS is a whole new ball-game! I thought that I found a perfect match, but when I changed it, the game crashed. So if you do get a good table file, congrats! That's tough, definetly not a 5 minute job, atleast...not for me

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
My penpal (who is japanese) can already hack Pokemon: D/P to the full! I'll try and get the japanese websites he got his tools from and babelfish them!

BlaXun

#1 Anime Fan
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2010
My penpal (who is japanese) can already hack Pokemon: D/P to the full! I'll try and get the japanese websites he got his tools from and babelfish them!
Dude, That's awesome news, I can't wait to Change maps in D/P! =D

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
Years
I guess D/P is now open for hacking.

I'm waiting to change sprites and maps too!
And the English Version Of D/P is coming out April 22 (for you lucky Americans) so yeah!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back