• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokedude565

Is there anyway to start off in a new map you made in Advance Map with SMCA (Start Map Chooser Advance)?
Also is there a way to change the numbers after the name (in Advance Map) ?
And is it possible to replace an existing map (like the proper Pallet Town) with a map you made (in Advance Map)?

Tell me if you don't know what I mean.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hey, I'm doing a Fire Red hack and I want to know if anyone knows how to take the rival out of the introduction.
AFAIK that would be extremely difficult. It obviously requires some very advanced ASM, I'm sure if it could be done zel would have removed it in SG.

Is there anyway to start off in a new map you made in Advance Map with SMCA (Start Map Chooser Advance)?
Also is there a way to change the numbers after the name (in Advance Map) ?
And is it possible to replace an existing map (like the proper Pallet Town) with a map you made (in Advance Map)?

Tell me if you don't know what I mean.
1) Aaah yeah, thats what its for... You just need to know the map bank and number. [Map Bank].[Map Number] (ie. 3.0 is pallete town) is how it is recorded in AMap.
2) What numbers?
3) Yes. Open the map you want to replace. Go to File -> Load Map. Open the map you made in AMap. Go to File -> Insert Map. Choose the map you want to replace. No offense but that should have been obvious.

pokedude565

AFAIK that would be extremely difficult. It obviously requires some very advanced ASM, I'm sure if it could be done zel would have removed it in SG.

1) Aaah yeah, thats what its for... You just need to know the map bank and number. [Map Bank].[Map Number] (ie. 3.0 is pallete town) is how it is recorded in AMap.
2) What numbers?
3) Yes. Open the map you want to replace. Go to File -> Load Map. Open the map you made in AMap. Go to File -> Insert Map. Choose the map you want to replace. No offense but that should have been obvious.
Thanks alot! I accidently saved it to the wrong folder under "from header". Is there anyway to delete it from there?

EDIT: WTH! When I load the game on VisualBoyAdvance and leave the house, i end up on this glitched sea and can't move excepty from turning! What am I doing wrong? Its all glitched sea tiles. I'll be back tomorow.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
All right, I downloaded PCSV and it will compile unlike my XSE for some reason. But now I have another question...

In a map I created, when you go to a certain part of it, it randomly restarts the rom. There isn't any thing near it and the blocks are the same...

Also when I connect my map to an northern route, there are a few random blocks that aren't on the route but appear before you enter the route. Is there a solution to this?

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
HI! I know this is a little noobish..but..can someone tell me:
1. you made a banner
2.How do you make the link to the thread?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
All right, I downloaded PCSV and it will compile unlike my XSE for some reason. But now I have another question...

In a map I created, when you go to a certain part of it, it randomly restarts the rom. There isn't any thing near it and the blocks are the same...

Also when I connect my map to an northern route, there are a few random blocks that aren't on the route but appear before you enter the route. Is there a solution to this?
Chech if there are any people on the map with Look Down or Hidden as their movement type. The second problem is because the two maps are using different tilesets, they must be the same when walking between maps.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
i guess this is the right place to post this so does anyone know how to dual boot?

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
Chech if there are any people on the map with Look Down or Hidden as their movement type. The second problem is because the two maps are using different tilesets, they must be the same when walking between maps.

Thank you much.

One more, sorry; what's the bank for grass in APE? I would like to change the color of the grass.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Does anyone know the hex # of the weedle in Pokemon Firered Old man's catching tut?

I remember the very same question being asked here for a while now...
you can search around or use the search function, if it'll work, that is. :\

Years

I remember the very same question being asked here for a while now...
you can search around or use the search function, if it'll work, that is. :\

Well, I don't exactly have a hex editor yet, so I have no idea how to use a hex editor :(

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Well, I don't exactly have a hex editor yet, so I have no idea how to use a hex editor :(

I think.., never mind...
this is weedle's hex value...
Code:
0x0D
or
0D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back