• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Pokémon Journey: The Road to Victory [OOC]

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years

[This is the OOC Thread.
Visit the In Character (IC) Thread to Role-Play.]
RATED: T (PG-13)

1.png

>> The Road to Victory [OOC]
"Is just a few steps out your door."

Welcome. This is the Thread where you Read the Rules, Sign-Up, and Chat about the Role-Play. No IC posts are allowed within this thread. If you need further help or don't quite understand the concept please contact AceOfChance by Private Message (PM).

>> The Rules

I know, we all despise them.
They are still necessary.

Please read and understand all the rules before submitting a SU.

• Follow all PokéCommunity Rules.
  • This Role-Play is rated T for Mild Violence, Minor Coarse Language, and Minor Suggestive Adult Themes. I ask that you please keep any romance clean.
  • No 'bunnying', unless permission is granted. I will not accept 'godmodding'. Keep battles in check with reality and if you battle another player wait for their response.
  • This RP will follow a "Chapter" based system. All instructions will be posted by AceOfChance - detailed with minimum and maximum amount of posts, wild Pokémon available to encounter, Gym/NCP Trainer Battles, and etc.
  • If you wish to catch a Wild Pokémon, you must end your post with the Pokéball rocking on the ground. I will then decide whether you catch it or not.
  • Not all Battles are hard, and not all are easy. Keep that in mind.
  • One Character per Person.

>> The Sign-Up Sheet

There a currently 1 Spot Open. The amount of spots total is 6. You are allowed to reserve - which lasts 48 hours.

Reserved;
Spoiler:

• Name:
  • Nickname: (optional)
  • Place of Birth:

• Appearance: (I require at least 2 paragraphs)
  • Personality: (I require at least 2 paragraphs)
  • History: (I require at least 2 paragraphs)

• Extra Information:

• Role-Play Sample: (optional)

>> The Accepted Trainers

Aaron Phoenix played by Sir Bastian
Riku Kimura played by Charizard_Man
Leon Spaulding played by jackblaze
Xander Knight played by romdinner
Elizabeth Cooper
played by Lincoln West
>> Current Role-Play Information

Nothing new as of yet.

Plot
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Maybe reserving a spot. But I have some questions before I'll definitely post my SU.

Are we do invent our own reason for why we haven't been able to go on a journey before? Do professor Oak exist, sending trainers out like in the anime?

And what starting pokémon will we have? Won't we know until after the game has begun?

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
This sounds like a pretty cool plot for an RP, though alot seems held in the dark like Red pointed out. I'd like to know about these things, as well as how the story might unfold (Roughly spoken, that is, I don't expect the cliffnotes or anything :P) such as, does the different trainers go to the same location? Do they travel together or choose their own route?

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
I want to join but can you explain some stuff to me.

In the SU application, for appearance, can i post an image instead??

So we all start in the same town, Pallet Town, do we interact before heading out to route 1??

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Haha, sorry for starting the questions. But I have another one :3 Can we interact while posting or should we rather post alone and only make joint posts (text that two or more players create together before posting it) ?

And I noticed that AceOfChance actually says that we should contact him via PM if we wonder these things, but I think maybe more people than us are wondering the same things so it would be nice to have answers in this thread :3

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years
Hey there, pleasure to meet you all. I apologize for the vague nature of this RP, and I promise more details and understanding will come later on as the chapters progress.

I will gladly answer any questions you have, and I shall start with those above.

Are we do invent our own reason for why we haven't been able to go on a journey before? Do professor Oak exist, sending trainers out like in the anime?

And what starting pokémon will we have? Won't we know until after the game has begun?
You can invent any reason you see fit. The Professors do indeed exist, but they cannot give everyone their own chance at an adventure. Some have to find it on their own.... others have it find them. As is the theme of this rp.

The starting Pokémon will be assigned in the first chapter. I would like to apologize again for not giving you each a choice as to which you would prefer. However, if you feel like there is indeed a certain type of Pokémon you need or wish your character to have for either development reasons or having the ability to greater progress through this rp, please contact me through PM with a small list and I will look over them.

I'd like to know about these things, as well as how the story might unfold (Roughly spoken, that is, I don't expect the cliffnotes or anything :P) such as, does the different trainers go to the same location? Do they travel together or choose their own route?
The trainers each start out in the same general direction. Where they head out from there is completely up to you, as there will be choices made available. They will begin their journey on Route 1 outside of Pallet Town. From there they can decide if some wish to travel together or go on alone. As said, there will be plenty of choices available for you as the rp goes onward.

As for further questions about the story of the rp: There is a character created specifically for this rp that will be waiting at the start of Route 1 to explain to the characters the reasoning behind the letters they received, and why they are there. The story will unfold as it goes on. In the beginning a lot of it is in the dark.

In the SU application, for appearance, can i post an image instead??

So we all start in the same town, Pallet Town, do we interact before heading out to route 1??
I would appreciate paragraphs, but I am completely accepting of images. Feel free to use one in your SU.

Every trainer meets up just outside Pallet Town, by Route 1, where there will be someone waiting for them. Where the trainers initially come from is your choice. Interaction with others is your choice.

Haha, sorry for starting the questions. But I have another one :3 Can we interact while posting or should we rather post alone and only make joint posts (text that two or more players create together before posting it) ?
No need to be sorry! I appreciate the questions and I don't wish for us to go forward without clarification.

Interaction through separate posts is acceptable --- but, for those who feel up to it or would prefer this method, a joint post is more than ok. I believe that was what you were asking? Sorry for any misunderstanding with your question if I answered it incorrectly.

If your question wasn't answered above, or you feel you need a more detailed explanation, either give me clarification as to what you are seeking through this board or contact me through PM. c:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Hmh. Well, my questions were answered, at least well enough for them to be answered later on within the RP. So with that said... LET'S GET SOME SU'ING DONE!
Meaning: Please reserve me :x I'll work on my SU right away.

EDIT: Well, that didn't take long XD I love it when inspiration just hits me in the face like that.

Name:
Aaron Phoenix

Nickname: (optional)
Aron (As in the Pokémon) or Phoenix

Place of Birth:
Lavender Town

Appearance: (I require at least 2 paragraphs)
Aaron is a healthy, young boy with a decent build, but perhaps just a little too skinny. He looks agile enough, has long legs, a very –slightly- pointy nose and almost a constant little smile on his face.

He has dark-green eyes, gotten from his mother and long, -very- dark brown hair, set up in a ponytail, which reaches just below his shoulderblades. The rest of his hair is slicked back, away from his face, which makes him look slightly older than he actually is.

Personality: (I require at least 2 paragraphs)
Aaron, thanks to his mother and father, have always been a very kind and helpful person. He'll try his best at helping someone, and he'll get very annoyed with himself if he doesn't pull through, or isn't able to help him. However, he only helps those he feels –deserves- his help, which can get very problematic at times.

He thinks that everyone can always do better, even himself, which is why he went from helping his mom at the Pokémon Center, to helping those at the burial tower and soon, helping others around the world with his soon-to-be Pokémon. Whenever he does something, he expects himself to do even better the next time, and he thinks others should strive to become better as well. Even if he won't say it, he'll still think it, and can get pretty adamant and stubborn regarding this.

He can be incredibly stubborn if he believes that he's right and the other person in question is wrong, and will very rarely admit that he was wrong, until he is proven it. However, when he is, he will fully admit his mistake and try to make amends for being so stubborn. He can easily feel bad for someone, if he treats them bad, even if he deep down believes they deserve to be treated that way.

History: (I require at least 2 paragraphs)
Aaron grew up in Lavender Town, his mother being a nurse at the Pokémon Center, and his father being a fisherman, the sea not all that much of a trip away from the town. Lavender Town is an incredibly gloomy and depressed place, but his father had and was always an incredibly cheerful and positive guy. This, coupled with his mother's willingness to do anything to help those in need, gave Aaron a steel resolution, wanting to do good in the world, and him living in Lavender Town, there were a lot of people to help.

He spent his years growing up helping out his mother at the Pokémon Center, with rather menial and easy tasks, but as he grew older, he decided that he would rather help those in need at the burial tower. Be it with setting their beloved Pokémon to rest, or simply to console them, listen to their worries, fears and their sadness, and in turn try to cheer them up.

While he did this, he continued to try to, somehow, start off on his very own Pokémon journey. But both the fact that there were not any professor in the town, -or- a gym leader, or… well, any kind of person able to help him with this, he simply bit down his bitterness of not being able to go out into the world and help those in need –properly-. However, that may very well change soon…

Extra Information:
Not really too picky with what Pokémon mister Aaron would get (If this SU is accepted!), but I'd prefer first or second gen! Dunno which generations you plan on putting into this RP, but since it's set in Kanto, I'd imagine first and perhaps second, so… yeah, there you go :P

Role-Play Sample: (optional)
And here we have an RP sample of my character Caedmon (Actually my first post, in the RP that I'm a co-GM of!), enjoying a morning and arriving to accept a mission:

Spoiler:

P.S. If there is anything wrong with my SU, or if I have completely misunderstood the concept of starting on a Pokémon Journey, please do tell me so I can correct it :P

Last edited:

King!

better
Years
Oh yay, the journey I've been looking for~ n.n I'd like to reserve a spot, please, although my skills are a bit rusty...

Also, a quick question - will other Pokemon be obtainable than the ones usually found in Kanto?

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years
Sir Bastian, I am reading your SU now.

King! you have been reserved. In answer to your question...

Also, a quick question - will other Pokemon be obtainable than the ones usually found in Kanto?
Yes, I do plan on incorporating other generations of Pokémon for this journey. However, generation one and two will indeed be the majority of Pokémon you will encounter.

Turn-it you have been reserved, but I am having a terribly hard time reading your post. Would you perhaps change the typeface to something more readable? I would greatly appreciate it.

As to your question:

I saw someone asked already about do we get to choose our starter or if we get to pick. To add to that, are we able to implement different colored pokemon AKA shiny pokemon if we get to choose starters or even in the wild?
Shiny Pokémon, as in the games, will be a very rare occurrence. They are neither easily found nor common. It will be most likely that the majority of the trainers will go through their journey without even seeing one. The uncommon sighting of one though will be up to me -- as I will inform all trainers that there is a Shiny near their location. It will be from there that they decide in the rp if they do find it, or who finds it. I hope that answers your question? =)

-brooke

not gonna raichu a love song
Years
May I reserve a spot? My profile will be up as soon as possible. See, I had most of it done, and I moved my cursor to minimize Chrome, and I exited out of it on accident. -.-

And a quick question--would you like a description of the character's attire intermixed with the Appearance, or does it not matter?

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I actually think you're able to bring it back up if you open an empty tab and press the thingie in the lower right corner, which shows you which pages were last open. Worked for me the other day!

And yeah, the attire thing :o Probably an important bit I wanted to ask about, but forgot.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
Years
Name: Amalia Ren
Nickname: Ren
Place of Birth: Pallet Town
Appearance: Amalia is short, about five-foot-two, and petite. She has green eyes and shoulder length black hair, the bottom layer of which is dyed lavender. She wears no make-up, except for black eyeliner and mascara every once in a while, when she feels like it.

She tends to dress like a tomboy, except for skirts, which she usually always wears. Her favourite outfit consists of an army green tanktop, short black skirt, black sandals, and various wrist bands/bracelets.

Personality: Amalia is a goofball. She jokes about almost everything, and it's very hard to tell when she's being serious - which she can be, just very rarely. She's very laid back and calm, and it's hard to get her riled up, but when you do, it's hard to get her calm again. While her temper is hard to rise, once it is, she's like a fighting bull seeing red (or maybe a Scyther seeing red).

Amalia is very approachable, and easy to get along with. She's quick to make friends, once she gets past her initial shyness, and is very good at making people feel at ease.

History: Amalia was born and raised in Pallet Town. She lives with her Mother, while her Father is often away, sailing the seas as a fisherman. He would often send Amalia little trinkets from his travels, which she has collected in a shelf in her room. She has always been interested in Pokemon, and has wanted to travel to be a Pokemon trainer for as long as she can remember.

Her parents have been very supportive, but unfortunately, Amalia's dream just hasn't come true yet. Since being denied her Pokemon journey, Amalia has been spending her days working at a flower shop with her Mother. She hasn't given up hope that she'll get her adventure one day after all ...
Extra Information: Amalia prefers water, grass, and ghost type Pokemon.
Role-Play Sample: (optional)

-brooke

not gonna raichu a love song
Years
Name:
Kaia Lynstreig

Place of Birth:
Viridian City

Personality:
Kaia is a very energetic, friendly girl. She is also a very dedicated and determined person, but she is extremely naive. She is usually an optimistic person, but just like any other person, she has her moments of doubt. She distributes trust like a good mother would give out sweets to her children. Cautiously and with care. It's something that is earned from her, not given.

She has a difficult time understanding other people and understanding why others do certain things. Something that usually works to her disadvantage when it comes to understanding people is she is not one to consider putting herself in someone else's shoes. She likes to see things her way and likes to think her way is generally the right way, as would be expected out of a 15-year-old girl. She is very particular about her clothing, that is for sure.

Kaia is also a very competitive person, something her comrades always found to be annoying. But, something that is often a surprise to many is the fact that she is not a sore loser. She accepts defeat gingerly unless she believes she's been cheated.

She isn't one to think quickly and easily on her feet. She likes to think things through and weigh her options before she makes a move, something that works as an advantage at times and a disadvantage at others.

Appearance:
Kaia is an extremely short girl for her age, only 5'0. Her 's' shaped curly hair is a darker shade of chestnut brown, reaching her mid-back. She is petite on top and slightly curvy on bottom, and due to her biracial heritage (black and white), her skin is a dark olive color. She has doe-like dark hazel eyes, which are commonly mistaken for brown. Her heart-shaped face carries features such as her small nose, chin and cheekbones, in contrast to her rather large eyes.

Kaia normally sports slightly baggy, scoop neck t-shirts with dark-wash skinny jeans and dark brown ankle-high boots (no heel obviously) to match. She constantly wears a long-chained golden necklace with a heart locket attached to it, something she obtained of her mother's after her passing.

History:
Kaia lead a somewhat normal life in Viridian City, for the most part. Her parents were happily married, she went to a nice school. She was very privileged as a child and an early teenager: she had the clothes she wanted, she had the toys and games she desired. She was what most would call spoiled (materialistically) and sometimes labeled as a stuck-up brat.

Because of what many kids her age thought of her, she had little to no friends growing up. Due to this, she had always been close to her mother. Of course, she loved her father very much, but she had always had somewhat of a special bond with her mother, like many other girls. She followed her mother into the kitchen and from a very young age, where her mother taught her how to cook. When she was younger, her mother played Barbies with her when asked. As she got older and interested in sports such as volleyball and softball, her mother accepted it and was always her Number One supporter. When she became a teenager, her mother was there to listen to her complain about her new changes with her body and the growing attraction to boys. Always there with a reassuring smile and advice when it was needed or asked for.

Yes, Kaia Lynstreig lead a somewhat normal life. This changed the summer she turned 14. The same summer in which her mother passed in the sinking of a ship on her way home from a trip to The Orange Islands to see her parents.
As any other girl attached to her mother would do, she grieved for a while.

In attempt to lighten the grief and pain, her father, not sure what to do due to his own grief and slightly clueless with young girls, suggested she begin working at a Pokemon Adoption Center. He'd always denied her the chance to have a Pokemon, and he figured giving her something she'd been wanting but couldn't have would help her reprieve slowly, but surely from the grief she shed over her mother's death. At first, the idea only pissed Kaia off. She didn't understand why he suddenly wanted to let her do this, something that was unspeakable until now. She denied the opportunity with a grateful attitude, though.

"It's fine, dad. I know you don't really want me doing that anyways," she'd said, in as much of a respectful tone as she could muster at that point. Her father just simply gave a small smile and nod to match, and walked away.

Since then, she decided that she's not "over it", but she's accepted it and decided to move on with her life. The next step, she decided, was to follow through with this letter's orders.

Extra Information: None.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
My questions were answered, thank you. But I think I'll withdraw any reservation I may have placed here. I'll read this RP and if it turns out to be really good, I might try to join later :]

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Oh, wait, I remember this RP! This was actually one of the first I tried to join. I didn't get in that time. Oh, I so want to do this, but I'm in too many RPs already! Well, if any spots open up in the future and I have time, I'll see if I can join.

King!

better
Years
Yeah, I'm afraid I'm going to have to cancel my reservation as well D: Too much going on at the moment that I didn't account for... Good luck, though, and I'll definitely be keeping up with this :D

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years
I apologize for my absence, but I will be gone throughout most the day and won't be back until later tonight. When I get back though I will reply to your posts/SU. c:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Take your time, Ace! Will give more people (COUGH, Red, COUGH) the time to finish their SUs.
Nah, I kid. Red is an awesome RP'er, and I'm sure that she'll bring her A-game no matter which RP she goes to :3

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years
Sir Bastian your SU has been Accepted! You are free to visit the IC Thread and post up to 1 Post either Before, During, or After you receive the letter from Bastion. You can only end the post as you reach your destination (Route 1, just outside of Pallet Town, Kanto) and that is where all the trainers will meet up. From there, the first part of Chapter One will be posted.

To answer a question:
And a quick question--would you like a description of the character's attire intermixed with the Appearance, or does it not matter?
Whether you include the character's attire or not is entirely up to you.

-brooke your SU has been Accepted! You are free to visit the IC Thread and post up to 1 Post either Before, During, or After you receive the letter from Bastion. You can only end the post as you reach your destination (Route 1, just outside of Pallet Town, Kanto) and that is where all the trainers will meet up. From there, the first part of Chapter One will be posted.

Lincoln West
you have been Reserved.

Lieutenant Unstable your SU is being Rejected. I am looking for more in a sign-up sheet and I am not quite sure what Amalia would bring to the dynamic of this RP. I greatly appreciate your interest, and I hope you have a wonderful day!

I should also state this so there is no confusion: none of the Trainers can be born in Pallet Town for a special reasoning.

Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers, King!, and Greiger I greatly appreciate your interest in my RP, and if you decide to join later on you are absolutely free to do so. c:

Back