• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Melanite Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
A lot of the gym leaders are being remade/edited right now. I just remade Lily Town (again). I am really happy with the result.

zM6hv.png

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Looking good, this game will look amazing with the progression of mapping.

Thanks my mapping has come a long way :D

Thanks to Venom12 I have a new menu system. It is still a little buggy, but he is helping me fix it.

sJNmU.png

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Looking good. Adds a nice hint of originality to the game.

Thanks :D I just wish I could have done it myself, but I know nothing of scripting. Good job doing yours for yourself. I like how you made the screen just a little bigger, without adding a whole duel screen.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
It's fine not knowing how to script, I just haven't been able to integrate mine into the actual game yet because of the number of 'script collisions' caused by the menu alone.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
It's fine not knowing how to script, I just haven't been able to integrate mine into the actual game yet because of the number of 'script collisions' caused by the menu alone.

That sucks. I was worried I would have a similar problem, but Venom12 made it an entirely new script, and then just edited one part of another script, so I can easily move it as essentials updates.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I have a big update today. The eventing process has started, and the game is now playable through picking a starter, and the first battle. More good news, Pokemon WILL follow the player like in HGSS. I reimplemented the script, and by some miracle, it worked 100% perfectly. Another good thing, I have found two amazing people who will be making the OST for Pokemon Melanite. So far the main theme and the background music for a town are complete.

Also, updated main post. There are new updated screenshots, and, a link to youtube for the main theme. Sorry I couldn't get the video thing to work right.

Finally, here are some screens from picking a starter.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Blaid

Have you seen any rupee?
Years
Oak it's very old to have another Pokémon adventure. Nah, just kidding. Your game looks great! The story it's not bad, but it has got to continue, you only are saying us what happens at the beggining of the game. Also the game's design needs to work on it. For example, in tiles. You're mixting different styles, HG/SS, BW, D/P... And a game should have only one style, or a cool mix. But it's not this case. Sprites are fine, but all isn't the graphics part. The remainder is nice! Althought I have said many fails from the game, I only said the fails for improve, the good points don't need to be named. In general, this game is nice! So, continue! Hope to see the advance and more screens from Pokemon Melanite! Greetings!

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Oak it's very old to have another Pokémon adventure. Nah, just kidding. Your game looks great! The story it's not bad, but it has got to continue, you only are saying us what happens at the beggining of the game. Also the game's design needs to work on it. For example, in tiles. You're mixting different styles, HG/SS, BW, D/P... And a game should have only one style, or a cool mix. But it's not this case. Sprites are fine, but all isn't the graphics part. The remainder is nice! Althought I have said many fails from the game, I only said the fails for improve, the good points don't need to be named. In general, this game is nice! So, continue! Hope to see the advance and more screens from Pokemon Melanite! Greetings!

I only see HGSS and BW tile mixes in this game...

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
The tiles are actually quite mixed. I didn't think it was that much of a problem though. For the most part, the main difference is inside/vs/outside. Any BW tiles I use are at least slightly devamped to fit better.

EDIT: Also the game's text color will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back