• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I dont think you need to... It only shows up as 'Pokedex' if you dont have the national dex. :)

edit: ya... change the 96 & 97 to whatever number you want, then change the bytes that restrict evolutions.

The only little problem I have now is that the Pokemon between 150 and 253 do not count as added Pokemon (Meaning how much Pokemon you have) However, it does show as "caught" and "seen," but the counter thing in the dex doesn't count them.

mewmasterify

Actual Mew
Years
is it Possible to for the Pokemon to like animate forever like for example in Pokemon Black and White are animating there Pokemon for upto 11 frames and then it Goes through those Frames again.

Years
The only little problem I have now is that the Pokemon between 150 and 253 do not count as added Pokemon (Meaning how much Pokemon you have) However, it does show as "caught" and "seen," but the counter thing in the dex doesn't count them.

ah yeah... i didn't think of that... hmmm.... ah well... gotta try to find a fix sometime, but i honestly dont have a clue how it works :P

is it Possible to for the Pokemon to like animate forever like for example in Pokemon Black and White are animating there Pokemon for upto 11 frames and then it Goes through those Frames again.

no its not.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Ughhh, I don't think I'm going to edit the Pokedex order anymore. It's a looooooooong and tedious task, not including having to edit the footprints and the description of each assigned number since the description, etc is tied to the number. Ohh, and the habitats for the Pokemon. I think I'll just have to go the National Dex route.

Or is there a faster way to do this?

Last edited:
Years
okay... so i was thinking about the problem about evolution stones not working when using Jambo's 'no need of national dex' fix, and i also realized that in the thread he said he couldn't find any other checks (skipped reading that part b4 for some reason :P) so that got me thinking, what if the evolution stones actually checked for the national dex when they were used and not a limiter on the entries? xcept i'm not able to figure this out :P

Now getting the stone evo's to work isn't an absoulte must, but i thought it would be nice for a proper regional dex, so if any1's got any info on this, please let me know.

Oh and suppose the player recieves the national dex, where is the byte that gets set? like where in the memory is the flag?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
okay... so i was thinking about the problem about evolution stones not working when using Jambo's 'no need of national dex' fix, and i also realized that in the thread he said he couldn't find any other checks (skipped reading that part b4 for some reason :P) so that got me thinking, what if the evolution stones actually checked for the national dex when they were used and not a limiter on the entries? xcept i'm not able to figure this out :P

Now getting the stone evo's to work isn't an absoulte must, but i thought it would be nice for a proper regional dex, so if any1's got any info on this, please let me know.

Oh and suppose the player recieves the national dex, where is the byte that gets set? like where in the memory is the flag?

The byte is DMA protected, and stored at 0x0300500C + 0x1A. If the byte at that location is 0xDA, then the National Dex is enabled.

(Credits to DavidJCobb for the above ^^)

Years
The byte is DMA protected, and stored at 0x0300500C + 0x1A. If the byte at that location is 0xDA, then the National Dex is enabled.

(Credits to DavidJCobb for the above ^^)

Thanks :)... i searched around and didnt find anything :P... As far as i can tell theres no check in the stones behavioral data... and i dont think theres one in the evolution data for stone evolutions either, but there might be... can't really figure it out :P... ah well... easiest fix I kno, is to move all the pokemon with stone evolutions before 151 :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
My questions fell back two pages without any help so i will repost it.

Hello, I am new to rom hacking but I am picking it up pretty fast. I am working on a hack of pokemon red and I am trying to figure out how to edit warps. Specifically what I would love to do is have you enter a house in viridian city but end up inside the pokemon fan club, when you leave the fan club you are taken to the bike shop, and leaving the bike shop will put you back in viridian city. I know I can do the bike another way but I am looking for how you chain warps as mine will be more complicated. I am also interested in learning how to add warp points in towns. I played with pokemap some but it will not let me edit warp tiles inside buildings, nor could I find a way to create new warp points in a town so I would rather just learn how it works in hex so that I can just edit it directly. Any help in finding and explaining the coding used for warps in 1st gen would be greatly appreciated.

Also while I'm at it, is there a way to have battle animations turned off even when turned on in options (or just turned off and remove battle animations from the options screen)? This is more of an aesthetics concern and won't effect game play but I would like to do this while working on the rest of the game before coming back to fix attack animations.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hello, I am new to rom hacking but I am picking it up pretty fast. I am working on a hack of pokemon red and I am trying to figure out how to edit warps. Specifically what I would love to do is have you enter a house in viridian city but end up inside the pokemon fan club, when you leave the fan club you are taken to the bike shop, and leaving the bike shop will put you back in viridian city. I know I can do the bike another way but I am looking for how you chain warps as mine will be more complicated. I am also interested in learning how to add warp points in towns. I played with pokemap some but it will not let me edit warp tiles inside buildings, nor could I find a way to create new warp points in a town so I would rather just learn how it works in hex so that I can just edit it directly. Any help in finding and explaining the coding used for warps in 1st gen would be greatly appreciated.
In this thread, you'll find the link to RBGY Map Header structure. Under Object data you can see how Warp-to -points are defined.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
I'm curious, would it be possible at all to script this:
In my hack I would like to do something like, you get a glitch pokemon however it can be 'disinfected' (remove the glitch turn it back into a normal pokemon, while retaining nicknames, moveset, held items, level ect.). Upon 'disinfecting' a roaming legendary would spring up but what legendary it is would be determined by the starter you chose. I was wondering if there could be a way to do that??? If not I'll just leave that feature out of the game.

Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Hey guys I'm new to pokecommunity and I need some help on my hacked FR I dont now how to make my Character talk can you help me out like with a link or something thanks

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2013
I have a quick question. Is it possible to write a script that plays the sound effects from an attack such as thundershock, flamethrower, thunder, etc?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I have a quick question. Is it possible to write a script that plays the sound effects from an attack such as thundershock, flamethrower, thunder, etc?

If you're working on a third generation game then use the 'sound' command somewhere in a script and write a byte afterwards to indicate which effect you want it to play. Here is a list of sounds that was largely compiled by Darthatron; I just wrote out the last couple that weren't in it and correlated some to moves that use them.

Spoiler:

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years

There is a list of all the sounds in-game here. To use in a script, just use the command "sound", followed by the number of the sound you want. For example, sound 0x29 would play a sound of crackling electricity.

Edit: CURSE YOU DRFUJI :@

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
Sorry to ask so much, but I have one more question.
Would it be possible to make some sort of an even where you examine a rock or something and if you have a certain pokemon in your party it evolves??
And if you don't it just says something like "Nothing happened...."??

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Sorry to ask so much, but I have one more question.
Would it be possible to make some sort of an even where you examine a rock or something and if you have a certain pokemon in your party it evolves??
And if you don't it just says something like "Nothing happened...."??

Yes it's Possible but only through ASM.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back