• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Mono-Color Challenge

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
I've had Sapphire completed for a while now, but I wanted to get Silver done with first before updating. I'm not really in the mood for going in on details, but I caught:
♦ A Wurmple that I later named Canary,
♦ A Wingull that I named Satotz,
♦ A Lunatone that I named Lippo,
♦ And a Pikachu that I named Milluki. Those were my team members, and they got through Hoenn fast and easy. The Elite Four and Steven were a bit challenging, but not impossible.

Team:
Spr_3r_267.png

Canary the Beautifly, Lv 50 (♀)
Item: None
Aerial Ace, Giga Drain, Attract, Silver Wind

Spr_3r_279.png

Satotz the Pelipper, Lv 52 (♂)
Surf, Wing Attack, Ice Beam, Fly

Spr_3r_337.png

Lippo the Lunatone, Lv 51
Psychic, Rock Tomb, Cosmic Power, Hypnosis

Spr_3r_026.png

Milluki the Raichu, Lv 53 (♂)
Thunderbolt, Brick Break, Thunder Wave, Return

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Username: Buzz Buzz
Color: Red
Game: Fire Red
Ultimate: No, I might make it one later but for now I'll stick with just Fire Red.

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
Pokemon Crystal challenge done

I have completed the Ultimate Monocolor Crystal, with the following Pokemon:

ariados.gif
kingler.gif
gyarados.gif

Sorry I didn't have a picture with my battle with red, after I beat him, i forgot about the picture then i was going to battle him again, but he had disappeared already. Next up I'm working on ruby, I already have six gym badges, because i started with it first, but i got the computer taken away, and after that i am going to play red, fresh from the start.

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Fire Red

Episode 1
  • Chose Mushu the Charmander as my starter.
  • Defeated Gary in professor Oak's lab and got Oak's parcel.
  • Trained Mushu a bit and defeated Gary again when I went to check out the Pokémon League.
  • Mushu practically burned Viridian Forest down with Ember.
  • Defeated Brock with Mushu's Metal Claw.
  • Easily defeated some trainers on my way to Mt.Moon where I caught my second team member, Goomba the Paras.
  • I trained Goomba and traveled through Mt.Moon, choosing the Dome Fossil even though I won't use it.
  • Once in Cerulean City, I decided to go to Bill but Gary wanted to have a battle first, I defeated him and took out the trainers on the Nugget Bridge getting a nugget as prize.
  • After that I went to defeat Misty, leaving some trainers to fight for when I get my two next team members.
  • I thought Misty would be difficult with Mushu and he was defeated quite fast, but with a stealthy combination of Goomba's Poisonpowder and Leech Life Misty was defeated.
Spoiler:

Team:

Mushu the Relaxed Charmeleon (M) @ Lv. 23
Ability: Blaze
Scratch
Growl
Ember
Metal Claw

Goomba the Lax Paras (M) @ Lv. 20
Ability: Effect Spore
Scratch
Stun Spore
Poisonpowder
Leech Life

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
First, congrats to Huggermugger for becoming our newest Ultimate champion! Keep it up!

Second, I am making another rule change. If you are playing Gold, Silver, or Crystal, you may hack in a single Leaf, Water, and/or Fire stone once you have beaten Whitney and reached Ecruteak City. Only one of each if you need different ones. If you are playing Crystal, you also need to have defeated and registered the respective Pokegear Trainer who gives them away.

HeartGold/SoulSilver don't apply for this exception, as you can more easily get stones either by Pokegear or the Pokeathlon.

Finally, I am putting my Brown ultimate monocolor on hold (want to see what is available in B2W2) and starting a Pink one, on FireRed. An update on that will be coming soon.

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
Pokemon ruby completed

I have completed Pokemon Ruby Monocolor Challenge! On my previous one that I completed (Crystal) I didn't post a picure of red because I couldn't get it, but I did take a picture of ruby! I have completed it with the following Pokemon:
vileplume.gif
camerupt.gif
blaziken.gif

And for proof, here is the hall of fame picture!
Spoiler:

Next up Red! (Sorry about the picture being so big) xD

Last edited:

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Fire Red

Episode 2
  • I forgot you also had to go to Bill to get that Policeman to move out of the way, so I had to defeat a few more trainers. I still managed to avoid a few to battle them later.
  • Defeated the Team Rocket Grunt to recover TM 28 Dig and immediately taught it to Goomba.
  • Next fail happened when I arrived in Vermilion City to get the Old Rod. I thought I could catch my Krabby and my meant-for-trade Poliwag with it. No such luck, I guess they'll have to wait.
  • Whilst battling on the SS Anne, Goomba evolved into Parasect.
  • Defeated Gary again on my way to the SS Anne Captain to get myself HM 01 Cut. When I finally got it, I taught it to Goomba.
  • Went back to Cerulean City and cut the bush to route 10 and the Rock Tunnel to attempt to catch another team member. Once arrived at route 10 it didn't take long to catch Nitro the Voltorb.
  • Backtracked a bit and defeated those trainers on route 24 and 25 to train Nitro.
  • After that I went back to Vermilion City to challenge Lt. Surge. Nitro did fairly well, defeating not only Voltorb, but also his Pikachu. Raichu was then OHKO'd by Goomba's Dig.
  • Went back to Cerulean City again and took the road to Route 10 and the Rock Tunnel.
  • Got through the Rock Tunnel with a few difficulties. Mushu, Goomba and Nitro were all weak against Geodude and the likes. Goomba's Dig helped a lot but I was glad I got through.
  • I really wanted to get another team member before I did anything else so I carefully made my way to Celadon City to retrieve Simba the Eevee and a Fire Stone to evolve it into Flareon.
  • While I was doing that I thought, 'Why not try getting my entire team together?'. So I went back to Cerulean City to get the bike I forgot to get and traveled to Fuchsia City to get the Good Rod. Wait! I forgot Snorlax still blocked my way, so back to Lavender Town it was to defeat Gary (again).
  • After that I went back (again -.-), to defeat Erika and clear the Rocket Hideout.
  • Mushu's Ember cleared Erika's entire team. The five level advantage my team had, helped a lot too.
Spoiler:

Team:

Mushu the Relaxed Charmeleon (M) @ Lv. 33
Scratch
Scary Face
Ember
Metal Claw

Goomba the Lax Parasect (M) @ Lv. 31
Cut
Dig
Poisonpowder
Leech Life

Nitro the Calm Electrode (/) @ Lv. 31
Ability: Soundproof
Charge
Tackle
Spark
Sonicboom

Simba the Careful Flareon (M) @ Lv. 31
Ability: Flash Fire
Bite
Sand-Attack
Growl
Quick Attack

Last edited:
Years
I might have a crack at this and then have someone generate a random team of one colour in the random challenge.

Username: PlumpFoof
Game: Emerald
Colour: To be randomly decided in other thread
Ultimate: No

Will edit when I get a reply in the random challenge.

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
Pokemon Red finished

I have now completed Pokemon Red! I did take a picture, and I completed the Pokemon League with the following Pokemon:
Vileplume-1.gif
Charizard.gif

Hall of fame pics:
Spoiler:

This is my third Monocolor challenge completed so far, next up Pearl!

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Start of Ultimate Pink Monocolor Challenge!

here we go, Pink time.

Update #1 on LeafGreen.

Name: Pink
Rival: Blue
Starter: Squirtle

• Beat the first gym with Squirtle easily, then went over to Route 3, where I caught a Jigglypuff that I forgot to name.
  • Went up to Mt. Moon and caught Fable the Clefairy.
  • Went back and trained Jigglypuff and Fable up on trainers that I skipped earlier.
  • Went through Mt. Moon, and upon exit, taught Mega Kick to Jigglypuff and Mega Punch to Fable.
  • Reached Cerulean and beat Blue pretty easily, then beat all the trainers on Nugget Road and beyond.
  • Challenged the gym, and Misty did take down Fable, but Jigglypuff was able to beat Starmie with Mega Kick.
  • Moved on to Vermilion City and fully explored the SS Anne, beating Blue and getting Cut as my reward.
  • Thanks to Cut, I was finally able to trade for my next team member, Mimien the Mr. Mime!
  • Trained Mimien up on the trainers past Diglett's Cave, then we took on the gym.
  • Surge fell pretty easily to Fable and Mimien.
  • Moving on, I went back up to Cerulean City and grabbed the Bike, then made my way to Rock Tunnel.
  • Rock Tunnel was pretty easy to get through, and we found ourselves in Lavendar Town.
  • After Fable learned Cosmic Power at L33, I used a Moon Stone and she evolved into Clefable!
  • I also renamed Jigglypuff to LaffyTaffy.
  • Went over to Celedon City and challenged the gym there.
  • LaffyTaffy learned Body Slam at L34, and with another Moon Stone, he evolved into Wigglytuff!
  • LaffyTaffy took down Erika by himself, and we had 4 badges.
  • Now it was time to terrorize Team Rocket, so we did that together, culminating in a LaffyTaffy sweep against Giovanni.
  • I am now saved in the Pokemon Tower.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Pink:
Spr_3f_122.png

Mimien the Timid Mr. Mime, ♂ - L36
Moves: Psybeam, Magical Leaf, Shock Wave, Substitute
Spr_3f_036.png

Fable the Hasty Clefable, ♀ - L36
Ability: Cute Charm
Moves: Secret Power, Water Pulse, Cosmic Power, Mega Punch
Spr_3f_040.png

LaffyTaffy the Sassy Wigglytuff, ♂ - L37
Ability: Cute Charm
Moves: Brick Break, Rollout, Body Slam, Dig

HM Slaves:
Farfetch'd/Ch'Ding - Cut, Fly
Oddish - Flash

Last edited:

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Fire Red

Episode 3
  • With Erika defeated it was time for the Team Rocket Hideout.
  • I cleared the Team Rocket Hideout and went back to Lavender Town to get the PokéFlute.
  • Since I was in Lavender Town anyway I took route 12 to get to Fuchsia City. Even before I got to Fuchsia I had another moment of forgetfulness, only this one worked in my favor. You can get the Super Rod on Route 12, so I went back to Cerulean City again to catch me a meant-for-trade Poliwhirl. I finally got my fifth team member ZYNX the Jynx.
  • Went back to Route 12 and continued my way to Fuchsia City.
  • Avoided a lot of trainers to get in Fuchsia City fast. Got the Good Rod and went back to Route 13 to catch Mr.Krabs the Krabby, my sixth and last team member.
  • During some grinding both Mushu and Mr.Krabs evolved.
  • After defeating a lot of trainers and getting Mr.Krabs up to par with the rest of my team I defeated Koga. It wasn't too difficult, but that annoying Muk with Minimize was really getting on my nerves.
  • Mushu flew us back to Saffron City and me and my team were ready to take on Team Rocket in the Silph Co. building. Gary bothered us again, but he was defeated easily. Giovanni was next and he wasn't too difficult, Mr.Krabs did most of the work.
  • With Team Rocket out of the way I could go and challenge Sabrina. Simba was pretty much the only one who had to fight, with Bite and Shadow Ball he OHKO'd most of the Pokémon in the gym.
Spoiler:

Team:

Mushu the Relaxed Charizard (M) @ Lv.40
Fly
Wing Attack
Flamethrower
Metal Claw

Goomba the Lax Parasect (M) @ Lv.38
Cut
Dig
Poisonpowder
Slash

Nitro the Calm Electrode (/) @ Lv.40
Charge
Tackle
Spark
Sonicboom

Simba the Careful Flareon (M) @ Lv.43
Ability: Flash Fire
Bite
Shadow Ball
Fire Spin
Quick Attack

ZYNX the Mild Jynx (F) @ Lv.39
Ability: Oblivious
Lick
Ice Punch
Powder Snow
Psychic

Mr.Krabs the Modest Kingler (M) @ Lv.40
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Surf
Mud Shot
Strength
Ice Beam

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Hello I'd Like to start
Username: Lopnis
Color: Purple
Game: Fire Red, Crystal, Emerald, Diamond, Black, Black 2
Ultimate: Yes

Edit: Also with Gen II do I have to beat the Elite 4 twice and beat Red for it to count?

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Hello I'd Like to start
Username: Lopnis
Color: Purple
Game: Fire Red, Crystal, Emerald, Diamond, Black, Black 2

Edit: Also with Gen II do I have to beat the Elite 4 twice and beat Red for it to count?
well you only need to beat the E4 once in Crystal, but beating Red finishes the challenge regardless of whether you beat the E4 again in the remakes.

ScaryDodge

Something
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2017
Username: ScaryDodge
Game(s): Red, Crystal, Ruby, Diamond, Black

Ultimate
Complete:------

Update:
Playing Pokémon Red
I Win vs Brock and i have my first badge

Current Team:

FlameOP (Charmeleon) Lv:17

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Alright time for my first update I know most people wait until they've gotten a little farther but I'm really proud right now :D

Ultimate Purple Challenge: Kanto Arc
I started my game Name:Lopnis Rival:Sinpol
I chose my starter Steve the Bulbasaur future Hm Mule
I caught my first real Pokemon Minnie the Female Rattata
I grinded her in Route 22 until I realized that Male Nidorans don't appear until Route 3 in FR
I beat Sinpol in Route 22 than went through Viridian forest.
Than after a lot of Grinding I defeated Brock with heavy Tail Whipping from Minnie and only 1 potion
Saved and have my first Badge
Spoiler:

My Team:
Minnie Lvl 16 Rattata Female
Spr_3f_019.png

Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Hyper Fang
My Mules:
Steve Bulbasaur

ScaryDodge

Something
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2017
Ultimate
Color:Red
Complete:-----

Pokémon Red Update:
I Win vs Misty and i have my Second badge

Current Team:

FlameOP (Charmeleon) Lv:32

Ultimate

Pokémon Red Update:
I Win vs Lt.Surge and i have my 3rd badge

Current Team:

FlameOP (Charizard) Lv:39

Ultimate

Pokémon Red Update:
-Catch a Voltorb
-Voltorb Evolves Into Electrode
-I Win vs Erika and i have my 4th badge

Current Team:

FlameOP (Charizard) Lv:44
Volt-Ball (Electrode) Lv:38

Last edited:

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Fire Red

Episode 4
  • After defeating Sabrina I went back to Fuchsia City, taking the route to the Seafoam Islands and to the 7th gym.
  • The Pokémon Mansion was a bit annoying but I still knew my way around there just good enough.
  • Blaine wasn't too difficult. Mr.Krabs' Surf saw through his Pokémon.
  • Bill cornered me outside Blaine's gym and I was roped into going to One Island with him.
  • On Mt.Ember I fought with Moltres.
  • Traveled to Two Island to look for the Meteorite Man, but he was too busy being paranoid about his missing daughter so I had to find her first. I went to Three Island, defeated a gang of bikers and found Lostelle hiding and being scared in the Berry Forest.
  • I gave the Meteorite to the Meteorite Man or whatever his name is and received a Moon Stone in return. I went back to Bill and he brought me back to Cinnabar Island.
  • Defeated some more trainers and arrived in Viridian City. This time the gym was open so I could defeat Giovanni for the last time. Mushu's Metal Claw actually made short work of Giovanni's team, so now it's on to the Pokémon League.
Spoiler:

Team:

Mushu the Relaxed Charizard (M) @ Lv.46
Fly
Wing Attack
Flamethrower
Metal Claw

Goomba the Lax Parasect (M) @ Lv.45
Item: Quick Claw
Cut